Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2022, 15:10   #8971
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Isuzu V-Cross prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.09 lakh

Isuzu has increased the prices of its D-Max pickup truck and MU-X SUV effective January 2022.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-screenshot-20220113-150844.jpg

The prices of the D-Max V-Cross Z 4x2 AT have been increased by Rs. 2.09 lakh, followed by the Hi-Lander, which now costs Rs. 2.07 lakh more. Prices of the V-Cross ZZ Prestige 4x4 AT and V-Cross Z 4x4 MT have also been increased by Rs. 1.10 lakh and Rs. 1.09 lakh, respectively.

Isuzu also offers the MU-X SUV in India. Its prices have also been revised at the beginning of the new year. While the 4x2 variant now costs Rs. 14,727 more, the price of the 4x4 variant has been slashed by Rs. 1.51 lakh.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 15:58   #8972
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Increasing price by 1 Lakh+, assuming HIghlander will be placed much higher and hence no competitor!
I was thinking on the other end of the spectrum we probably have Bolero Camper! But not sure if it has 4x4 anymore. Can anyone confirm if it has 4x4?
Scorpio Getaway and Tata Zenon were beautiful 4x4 cars which just faded away, probably came too early.
Old 13th January 2022, 17:42   #8973
Senior - BHPian

Bolero Camper can be had in 4x4. But can you register and use it as a personal vehicle, and not as an LCV (yellow license plate)? Highlander here is a personal vehicle.
Old 13th January 2022, 18:49   #8974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
I was thinking on the other end of the spectrum we probably have Bolero Camper! But not sure if it has 4x4 anymore. Can anyone confirm if it has 4x4?
Scorpio Getaway and Tata Zenon were beautiful 4x4 cars which just faded away, probably came too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Bolero Camper can be had in 4x4. But can you register and use it as a personal vehicle, and not as an LCV (yellow license plate)? Highlander here is a personal vehicle.
The Bolero Camper does come with 4x4 hardware but devoid of basic comfort like HVAC, and it can only be registered with yellow plates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Isuzu V-Cross prices hiked by up to Rs. 2.09 lakh
A bit confused here, is Isuzu serious about the Indian market or is it on war footing to to find a reason to quit the Indian market? They expect customers to shell out 25+ for an older model? Hilux with 35-40+ lacs will still find takers since it's a Toyota.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 13th January 2022 at 18:52.
Old 13th January 2022, 19:13   #8975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
A bit confused here, is Isuzu serious about the Indian market or is it on war footing to to find a reason to quit the Indian market?
I see V-crosses rarely... here and there, but what I never realized until this thread today is that that it is a 25L vehicle! While the MUX is 35L
Isuzu seems to fly under the radar whenever current pricing of vehicles is being discussed.
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:57   #8976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Isuzu seems to fly under the radar whenever current pricing of vehicles is being discussed.
Exactly! And the thing is, we bash the Fortuner for being so overpriced, while the MU-X offers a bare bones vehicle with minimal kit and a 4WD system for 40+ OTR. What shocked me more was checking the OTR figures for the Dmax Diesel Auto (30L+)... BONKERS! That's just a few lakhs below what we can expect the Hilux to be priced at. What is the buyer paying for in a Dmax Vcross? Tax rates and other policies have lead to monopolistic market scenarios in higher segments. It's the buyers who have the most to lose. Hope we get to see some healthy competition in the next 2-3 years in these segments
grimmreaper_gtr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 22:07   #8977
BHPian

Post the recent price hike, the Audi A6 is being offered at a discount of around 13-15 lakhs in Mumbai. This is the initial offer quoted by the dealer and there would definitely be further room. I did not enquire further since i had already booked a BMW 330li.
gupta_v_kr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 09:13   #8978
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Isuzu got wind of the Hilux pricing and calculated that even after increasing prices, it will still seem VFM to the Hilux

Or they maybe like, "Guys, we are anyways screwed. Let's grab whatever we can from the buyers."

Or they are planning to launch the next gen and don't want to give a shock price when it is launched. So gradually increasing the price of the existing one.

(sigh) when the Dmax spacecab was available for 7-8 lakhs...
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:05   #8979
BHPian

Mahindra has also increased the prices of its cars. Thar MT Petrol HT has seen a price increase of 40K.
Old 14th January 2022, 13:17   #8980
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Thar, Scorpio Bolero Neo, Marazzo prices hiked

Earlier this week, we had shared the revised prices of the Mahindra XUV700. Now, the prices of the Thar, Scorpio, Bolero Neo, Alturas G4 and Marazzo have also been hiked.

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-allnew-thar.jpg

If you are planning to book a Mahindra Thar this year, you will have to shell out up to Rs 44,970 more depending on the variant. Similarly, prices of the Scorpio have also gone up by up to Rs 52,903.

The Bolero Neo is fairly new to the market. It's essentially an updated TUV300 and its prices have increased by Rs 21,995 - Rs 34,545. Prices of the Marazzo MPV and the Alturas G4 have been hiked by Rs 43,559 and Rs 7,200, respectively.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 13:32   #8981

I find this really annoying, like how come such steep price increases are justified? This is the 3rd price hike in Thar since launch....I booked mine last year only and now will have to take a bullet of around 45k more
Ashish_1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 14:39   #8982
BHPian

In Navjot Sidhu's words,

Inflation in India- ticking like the meter of an Indian taxi..
LaRoca is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 14:49   #8983
BHPian

I am getting a 2021 MY Demo BMW X1 Petrol at a 3L additional discount to what the new 2021 MY model is available for. The car has run 9000 kms. I’ve never ventured into a demo car so don’t necessarily know if it is the right call or not.
Is there a room for more price negotations? And what all points should I consider/inspect if I were to purchase the vehicle?
Thank you!!
Old 14th January 2022, 15:17   #8984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
I am getting a 2021 MY Demo BMW X1 Petrol at a 3L additional discount to what the new 2021 MY model is available for. The car has run 9000 kms. I’ve never ventured into a demo car so don’t necessarily know if it is the right call or not.
Is there a room for more price negotations? And what all points should I consider/inspect if I were to purchase the vehicle?
Thank you!!
Definitely more room for a discount, if not, get the BSI added FOC. Bought a 6GT Demo vehicle at a discount of about 11 Lakhs last year. Given the current scenario, ofcourse the discounts won't be that deep but 3L is meagre for a 9k done vehicle.
Old 14th January 2022, 16:23   #8985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
Thank you!!
I don't know where I heard this, but for a demo car, the discount from an ex-showroom car should be:
(No. of thousand kms)% + 5%(number of years)
I.e. for the X1's:
9%+5%= 14%
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks