Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 22:24   #8356
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
There is one thing that we tend to forget while discussing rising prices - the dollar rupee equation. At 50% of value of a car manufactured is import.

So in general blame our economy especially Rupee-Dollar rates for rising car prices.
Off topic, but a lot of Indian jobs depend on that. So we can afford the cars as we have paychecks paid for by the dollar-rupee parity.
Old 6th April 2021, 23:52   #8357
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
The only people happy due to the price hike are sellers and used car dealers. For me, Tata Safari is the new Fortuner and I dont think the later is twice the price for what it offers. Tata should capitalize this and launch a 4x4 Safari
It's not as simple as that. They can afford to increase prices as per their wish because as of today there's NO competition to Fortuner and Innova Crysta. Whatever exist in that price bracket haven't been able to do much damage, in fact I would say zero damage. If you look at March 2021 sales,

1. Innova Crysta sales are more than Harrier, Safari and Compass combined.
2. Fortuner sales are more than Endeavour, Gloster, Alturas combined.
3. Even if you include the luxury segment in Rs. 40-50 lakhs (on road) bracket, you still can't equal Fortuner sales.
4. In fact Safari has only sold 100 more than Fortuner and it costs half the price.

So if they launch Safari 4x4, it wouldn't matter to Fortuner. Even the old Safari 4x4 was never considered as an alternative or competitor to Fortuner, what makes you think the new 4X4 if launched will cause any damage. Hexa and Marazzo also couldn't eat into Innova's sales. TATA first need to beat Hector twins with Harrier and Safari before even aiming for Innova or Fortuner. And I trust TATA did their research and realized 4x4 won't help much from a sales point of view. Better save money on R&D.

When it comes to VFM and buyer's choice, for me it didn't make any sense to spend 3 lakhs more on Legender compared to equivalent 4x2 AT in standard Fortuner and similarly priced 4x4 AT but guess what, in some dealerships 50% of the bookings are for Legender. So you see, Toyota knows it's audience better than we do.

As long as they continue to provide superior after-sales and reliability, Fortuner and Crysta can't be dethroned. Not that it matters but with BS6 there is no 6 month service interval for Toyota so more peace of mind. But the day word of mouth spreads that Toyota is not as reliable as before or others have better service experience, then you can see their sales numbers tumbling. Until then good luck predicting their demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Well the masses who buy Fortuner aren't bothered about money. I was TDing Yaris. The sales executive who accompanied me had a heated argument with a customer over phone on early delivery of legender to the extent of letter from the office of CM . Finally he gave up and said customer to do as per his wish. The executive said me that there is no value for 45L in India. Most fortuners are sold to those in white dresses about whom less spoken is better and they contribute to sale numbers. Tata cannot capitalize legender space for sure. It is definitely not about money. But more than that.
I don't know the statistics of typical Fortuner buyers but in my society, out of 150 families (mostly salaried class and no babus) we have 4-5 Fortuners, few Innovas but no TATA vehicle except 1 Nexon, rest are either luxury brands BMW, Mercedes, Audi or mass market ones like Hyundai and Maruti clan. TATA and Mahindra are still not seen as safe bets among the people I know.

But you are right about the craze, I had booked facelift Fortuner in 2020 itself but when it was launched in January 2021, the dealership immediately had 50 bookings and 600 overall across the state. Most of them made the booking on phone. People were not waiting for price reveal, they were waiting for launch date.
Technic90 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 11:04   #8358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
I am a little confused with your shortlist given your requirement. A 4000km roadtrip in any of the vehicles above with a family of 4 is just asking for misery. They are all low slung, have cramped rears and have poor road visibility for long highway runs. They might be fun for the first 800-1000kms but then the toll on the body and mind will hit. The rear seats on a C feel like you're sitting in a hole and I would go mad if I had to sit in them for 4000kms. Get a Fortuner/Endeavor/Carnival. You'll save money and have a safer/more enjoyable road trip.
Thanks for your suggestion. Actually I was also confused between a sedan and an SUV initially. While SUV may help navigate through rough roads, sedans provide that ride comfort due to less body roll, better driving dynamics and handling which SUVs will never be able to match.

I currently have a 2011 Fiat Linea T-Jet which I have driven across the country with my family. Its wonderful ride dynamics and suspension never let us down and we have driven 800-900KM in a single day in our Linea many times. I have hence extended the logic to continue with sedans. All the above appear to be much better than Linea in ride, handling and dynamics. Hence the choice.
FamilyTraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 11:08   #8359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
I am in market now for a new luxury sedan. Looking at 330i, A4, C-Petrol and even XE. How much discount can I expect in next 2-3 months on these in Bangalore? Any dealer you would suggest me to approach?

On road price is a big factor for me. My preference is XE>330i>C>A4. A4 for example has to be less expensive by at least 4-5 lakhs as compared to 330i to even get my attention.

we are family of 4 with two kids 12, 10 years old. We drive a lot (before Covid!) and usually do a 2000 - 4000 KM long road trip every year.

Any suggestion?
None of these provide comfort for 4 for long distance travel, They are good for two at the most and ideal for local travel. Add to that no spare/space saver and god forbid if you have a Tyre problem.

The best long distance vehicle for a family is still the Innova. Plenty of space, comfortable ride and bullet proof reliability.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 11:12   #8360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun B View Post
Hello,
1. The bmw has the best drivability but has limited bootspace and poor rear legroom. Li is too expensive for what it offers. Do you prefer driving dynamics to new age interiors or superior ride quality?

4. I would stay away from the Jaguar XE as I have heard horror stories about the ASS.
All the best for your purchase. Hope you enjoy your dream machine.
Thanks Varun. To be honest its a heart vs head conflict. Heart wants XE and head says 330i. Other choices are there just because of budget , availability of best offers etc as these may drive my final decision as well. I will see what is there for me.

Personally I am keen to move into luxury segment now hence ruling out every other brand but these big 4.
Old 7th April 2021, 11:22   #8361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Varun. To be honest its a heart vs head conflict. Heart wants XE and head says 330i. Other choices are there just because of budget , availability of best offers etc as these may drive my final decision as well. I will see what is there for me.

Personally I am keen to move into luxury segment now hence ruling out every other brand but these big 4.
If you and your family is used to Sedans, you can get 330i. From an enthusiast perspective there is nothing in this segment to beat 330i. Space at back should be similar to Linea. Getting used to SUV will take time and pick up one if you like to explore places without being worried about being stuck. SUV's also provide better view outside for all the passengers. In general, SUV's are better suited for touring but the word "Comfort" is relative and involves multiple aspects than just soft cushy suspension.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 11:33   #8362
BHPian

So Ford Ecosport prices have increased, as expected. Not sure whether Ford India even has a plan. Prices have increased by INR 20K for each variant.
Old 7th April 2021, 11:56   #8363
Senior - BHPian

Sharp Variant of MG Gloster retails for 42.5L on road here in Bangalore. This is 2.5L cheaper than Endeavour and 5L cheaper than Fortuner. definitely a VFM pick, but clearly doesnot seem to have the fan following as Endeavour or Fortuner. Nice interiors, range topping power, feature packed, massive size, cheaper price tag probably is helping to rake in 500 odd units but will have to see how does Gloster perform in long run.
Old 7th April 2021, 12:19   #8364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Speaking of luxury upgrades, are you also willing to consider the likes of X1/X3/XC40/GLC etc.. maybe in a pre-owned avatar?
I know you mentioned a sedan, but the drivability for some of these options is not like a typical ladder on frame SUV, and hence might match your interests.

BTW, you could put down a different thread in the 'What Car?' section and ask for opinions. Over here (NEW car price thread), you may not get the desired and adequate volume/value of responses.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 09:28   #8365
BHPian

Quote:
I am in market now for a new luxury sedan. Looking at 330i, A4, C-Petrol and even XE.

we are family of 4 with two kids 12, 10 years old. We drive a lot (before Covid!) and usually do a 2000 - 4000 KM long road trip every year.

Any suggestion?
For a family of 4, on long trips, none of these are practical options IMHO. You are much better off with a Toyota Fortuner or Ford Endeavor or a Toyota Innova. The 2 primary reasons are space (both passengers and cargo) and ground clearance. I have a 330i M Sport (2020 MY) that can serve 2 on long trips and only if the roads are decent. It barely clears some of the mountains (speed bumps) that we encounter in Bangalore. The luggage space is flimsy with the space saver in it. For most of our trips, when it is with entire family and unknown terrains, we always take out the Endeavor (2016 MY). It is not even worth taking any of the 3 Germans on such long trips.

Last edited by jfk1975 : 8th April 2021 at 09:29.
jfk1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 10:41   #8366
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
So Ford Ecosport prices have increased, as expected. Not sure whether Ford India even has a plan. Prices have increased by INR 20K for each variant.
Ha ha. Ford dealers are enjoying their business with Ecosport. There is no S or Titanium model in diesel readily available. All are made to order and demands a waiting period of 50 days minimum here in South. Not to forget no discounts on Titanium and S models. People will buy ecosport for the looks and the peppy TDCI engine it offers.
Old 9th April 2021, 01:01   #8367
BHPian

Guys,

When I had went to Tata showroom for the TD of Safari and when I asked my SA about the discounts available on Harrier, he told that the company is giving nearly Rs.80k on Harrier XZ and XZA(without sunroof) while there are no offers on Harrier XZ+ and XZA+.

The discount which I got for the Harrier is:

Rs.20k as dealer discount
Rs.30k as discount on insurance
Rs.25k as exchange bonus

Is it a good deal?
Old 9th April 2021, 14:35   #8368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Not to forget no discounts on Titanium and S models. People will buy ecosport for the looks and the peppy TDCI engine it offers.
Quite surprised at the lack of discounts. As recently as late last year, I got a good discount on the S model. I suppose with the semiconductor shortage, they are reluctant to offer discounts especially on the made to order models. Once the supply shortage stabilises, I am sure that the discounts will be back. However, even with lack of discounts, the Ecosport sold upwards of 4000 units in March, as I recollect reading a couple of days back.
Old 15th April 2021, 19:14   #8369
BHPian

Mercedes C Class

Asking on behalf of a very dear friend. Decided on the current-gen Mercedes-Benz C200 Progressive. The listed ex-showroom is 49.40 L. Spoken to a couple of dealers, seems to be very limited inventory and colour options. How many lakhs off can one expect? Given it's soon to be discontinued as well as normal discounting in the last 2-3 months for reference. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by promit : 15th April 2021 at 19:31.
Old 16th April 2021, 16:25   #8370

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/82099659.cms

Anyone who has booked a car and heard about a model specific increase yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks