Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2021, 20:32   #8296
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Hi! I absolutely agree with you and I have been offered too with a similar discount in Kolkata. Although I had called Audi Gurgaon and they straightaway offered me a 7 lacs discount on call, I am pretty sure that it can be stretched further to 9/10 lacs maybe.

After making a few calls in various Audi showrooms in India, I learned a fact that Audi has 3 different categories of showrooms, and the discounts vary from Region to Region and again, showroom to showroom.
No idea about the category of showrooms as you mentioned, I had also called audi Gurgaon and they offered that 5 lac discount.
If they offer two different discounts to two different customers on the same day, I'm worried about the final discount anyone can get. It's highly dependent on your skill and there seems no base price as such.
Old 12th March 2021, 00:11   #8297
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
No idea about the category of showrooms as you mentioned, I had also called audi Gurgaon and they offered that 5 lac discount.
If they offer two different discounts to two different customers on the same day, I'm worried about the final discount anyone can get. It's highly dependent on your skill and there seems no base price as such.
Apparently, Audi Gurgaon is Type A, Audi Kolkata is Type B and showrooms like Audi Bhubaneswar are Type C category Audi showrooms. Generally, Type A showrooms are capable of giving out more discounts due to higher volume sales.

And rightly said, there is a high disparity of discounts offered between different customers, different showrooms and also in different regions. The range of discounts across India is pretty high but such discounts might not be available in the case of our Local Dealer.

I also believe that there are a lot of factors playing vital roles in bringing down good discounts such as time, Market situation, Competition, Competition discounts, Dealer competitions, and most importantly Audi's weak market share and position in India. Also, undoubtedly, the Art of Negotiation and personal skills do play significant roles too in bringing down good discounts!
Old 15th March 2021, 16:03   #8298
BHPian

Anyone having any idea regarding the current discounts on the Octavia VRS? In December the best i was offered was a discount of 7 lakhs. Missed out as the car got sold. I am hearing there are very few stocks left. Most dealers dont have any stock left and the once that do are offering discounts ranging from 50k to 2 lakhs. Anyone get a better deal or hear one for March?
Old 15th March 2021, 17:12   #8299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Anyone having any idea regarding the current discounts on the Octavia VRS?
Are some of them STILL unsold? Launched on 1 March 2020, so this means any unsold units have been sitting around in stockyards for a year now.
Old 15th March 2021, 17:34   #8300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Are some of them STILL unsold? Launched on 1 March 2020, so this means any unsold units have been sitting around in stockyards for a year now.
Yes some of them are still unsold. The dealers say that skoda has withdrawn what ever support they gave for discounts and now the only discounts is from the dealer end. Don't know how true that is. A 2019 manufactured car is 2 years old now and there is no support from skoda
Old 17th March 2021, 08:57   #8301
BHPian

Hi team,

I'm planning to book Creta S (Petrol MT) to be registered in Chandigarh/Mohali. But I'm wary of the long waiting period being quoted by dealers there. Hence I moved my search for dealers in Delhi NCR. What will be the waiting period in Delhi NCR and should I expect the vehicle to be delivered any sooner? (~1.5 months).
Thanks in advance.

Piyush
Piyush19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:38   #8302
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush19 View Post
Hi team,

I'm planning to book Creta S (Petrol MT) to be registered in Chandigarh/Mohali. But I'm wary of the long waiting period being quoted by dealers there. Hence I moved my search for dealers in Delhi NCR. What will be the waiting period in Delhi NCR and should I expect the vehicle to be delivered any sooner? (~1.5 months).
Thanks in advance.

Piyush
Last month a friend took delivery of an i20 from the Hyundai dealership in Golf Course Road, Gurgaon. I casually checked with the SA regarding the waiting period on the Creta to which he proudly replied "10 months saar".
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:54   #8303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Last month a friend took delivery of an i20 from the Hyundai dealership in Golf Course Road, Gurgaon. I casually checked with the SA regarding the waiting period on the Creta to which he proudly replied "10 months saar".
What are we looking at for the Creta these days!? 10 months is a crazy long period to wait for a vehicle. Is the car in such a high demand or these are one of those lousy tricks by dealers again!?
Piyush19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 16:16   #8304

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
From my experience , you can get early delivery from a dealer located in tier 2 or even tier 3 city instead of Delhi .
amitkuch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 17:16   #8305
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
From my experience , you can get early delivery from a dealer located in tier 2 or even tier 3 city instead of Delhi .
No no I am not even remotely considering the Creta. I was just curious as I saw atleast three brand new Cretas awaiting delivery on that particular day so just thought of asking the SA regarding the market response to the car.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 17:29   #8306

Hey Guys,
I was in the market for a German sedan and wanted your advise. I test drove the c300d, bmw 330i and the new Audi A4 and here's my preference
1. Bmw 330i - lovely to drive - put a smile on my face.
2. C300d - similar driving experience to the beamer but extremely expensive.
3. Audi a4 - decent driving dynamics but had the best ride by a country mile.

My heart was set on the 330i sport (did not find value in the Msports trim). But sadly the sport is not available in the NCR region because of the semiconductor shortage .. and the worst part is that there are abysmal discounts being offered on the bmw msport.

Out of the blue, was offered a 2018 make factory run c300d for 47.5 lakhs which looked like a good deal as the merc is equally fun to drive and has better interiors. I would be the first owner & test drove the car and loved it.

Coming to where I'm
Do I pick the merc or wait for the 330i sports with good discounts to roll in by September?

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th March 2021 at 17:51.
Old 19th March 2021, 18:17   #8307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun B View Post
Hey Guys,
I was in the market for a German sedan and wanted your advise. I test drove the c300d, bmw 330i and the new Audi A4 and here's my preference
1. Bmw 330i - lovely to drive - put a smile on my face.
2. C300d - similar driving experience to the beamer but extremely expensive.
3. Audi a4 - decent driving dynamics but had the best ride by a country mile.

My heart was set on the 330i sport (did not find value in the Msports trim). But sadly the sport is not available in the NCR region because of the semiconductor shortage .. and the worst part is that there are abysmal discounts being offered on the bmw msport.

Out of the blue, was offered a 2018 make factory run c300d for 47.5 lakhs which looked like a good deal as the merc is equally fun to drive and has better interiors. I would be the first owner & test drove the car and loved it.

Coming to where I'm
Do I pick the merc or wait for the 330i sports with good discounts to roll in by September?

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.
here is my take
I would rather go for BMW as Mercedes new shape has been already announced and looking over early aggressive e class launch, C might reach our shores by year end

Now buying a 2018 make doesn't make sense to me, It's going to depreciate much
if this does nt matters to you please check kms before your buy as I came across a case where they say its a factory car and used for testing, person who will be buying will be the first owner, it sounds fishy to me, I guess its a Test drive vehicle which is again a big no from my side
Discounts
if you are buying on company name this is the good time as its year ending and you may get discount

Best wishes for your decision
a4_attitude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:11   #8308
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki India to raise prices to tackle higher costs

Carmakers have seen demand return but have warned about uncertainties ahead. Several carmakers have increased prices this year to keep up with rising costs.
Quote:
BENGALURU: Maruti Suzuki India Ltd will raise prices for different car models in April, its second increase in 2021, due to a rise in various input costs, the automaker said on Monday.

India's auto sector was already seeing weak demand and higher costs when the COVID-19 pandemic dealt a blow last March.

Since then, carmakers have seen demand return but have warned about uncertainties ahead. Several carmakers have increased prices this year to keep up with rising costs.

In January, rival Mahindra and Mahindra increased prices of its personal and commercial vehicles by 1.9%, while Tata Motors raised prices for its passenger vehicles by up to 26,000 rupees.

In January, Maruti had cited a rise in input costs and said it will hike price up to 34,000 rupees ($469.85) on some car models.

On Monday, Maruti said the price hikes will come into effect in April, adding that the increase shall vary for different models without specifying by how much it planned to raise prices.
Source
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:31   #8309
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to raise vehicle prices on different models from April due to rise in input costs.

This will be the second price hike by the carmaker this year.

Quote:
In January, Maruti had hiked vehicle prices by up to ₹34,000 rupees on some car models, citing a rise in input costs.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 14:19   #8310
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India announced it will hike prices across all models under Nissan and Datsun brands here starting April. Pointing to rising auto component prices.

Quote:
There has been continuous escalation in auto component prices, and we have tried to absorb this escalation over the last few months," said Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India. "We are now constrained to increase our prices across all Nissan and Datsun models, the increase varies from variant to variant, while still offering the best value proposition to its discerning Indian customers."
Source

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks