Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 10:03   #6796
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2019 - Most manufactures are looking at hiking car prices citing an increase in manufacturing costs due to rupee depreciation.

Mahindra & Mahindra leads the trend.

Attachment 1822886

Link

This is nothing new. Every year, towards the end of Nov-early Dec, car companies create this fear of car prices revising upwards. This helps in increasing sales and decreasing inventory before the year closes.

A marketing gimmick I would say.
Old 3rd December 2018, 08:16   #6797
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Discounts on the Hyundai Tucson and Elantra in Chennai..

Tucson - 2.3 Lakhs cash discount + 50k Exchange bonus
Elantra - 90k (Free insurance) + 30k Exchange bonus

Also there is an 40k discount on the SX(O) variants of the Creta
Old 3rd December 2018, 15:01   #6798
BHPian

Folks - wanting to buy Jeep Compass AT limited plus. Any leads/insight into discount or best deal? Both dealers at HYD telling no discounts due to high demand and no support from manufacturer. They say there is a waiting period of 3-4 weeks. Interestingly, getting 1l discount on limited option modal but not on limited plus P AT!
Old 5th December 2018, 13:54   #6799
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki, Toyota & Isuzu announce price hikes for 2019

Found this in a news feed just now.

Quote:
The country's largest passenger vehicle maker Maruti Suzuki India on Wednesday announced prices hike across its model with effect from January 2019, the company informed in a Bombay Stock Exchange filing.
"It has become imperative for the Company to pass on some impact of the above additional cost to customers through a price increase across various models in January 2019," Maruti Suzuki said.
The company stated that the price hike has been introduced to offset the impact due to high commodity prices and foreign exchange rates.
The company, however, has not disclosed the range of hike yet. This price increase shall vary for different models, it informed.
Source

Edit: Found that Toyota & Isuzu have also announced price hikes from January 2019, with only Isuzu giving out the details of the price hikes for their models.

Quote:
Following the leading carmakers Maruti Suzuki and Toyota, Isuzu Motors India on Tuesday announced a 2-4 per cent price hike across its product range owing to increasing input and distribution costs. The price rise will be effective from January 1, 2019.
Isuzu to hike prices upto 4% of D-Max and mu-X from January
The increase is expected to be between 1-2 per cent for the commercial range - D-MAX Regular Cab & D-MAX S-CAB and between 3-4 per cent for its lifestyle and adventure Pick-up – D-MAX V-Cross and mu-X SUV. The price increase will be in the range of ₹15,000/- to ₹ 1,00,000/- (ex-showroom), across models / variants.
Source

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 5th December 2018 at 14:02.
Old 5th December 2018, 15:39   #6800
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki, Toyota & Isuzu announce price hikes for 2019

That is nothing but a cartel.

A Car selling at 1 lakh Rupees discount in December, suddenly becomes expensive to manufacture in the month of January.

Another point to note is that, If the increase in production costs is about 10-20k, then why increase in price, rather than adjust in the discount and reduce the year end discounts.
jaaz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 16:23   #6801
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki, Toyota & Isuzu announce price hikes for 2019

To be very frank all the manufacturers in India are pricing their products on higher side. If we compare the cars available outside India and the price comparison we don't get same quality products here and have to still shell out more money to buy them.

Classic example being Toyota Fortuner, Toyota Innova Crysta, Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV 5OO, etc.

Also how come the price hike happens with change in calendar year and not when financial year beings when we have budget getting implemented?
Old 6th December 2018, 16:54   #6802
Senior - BHPian

XUV500 has a 54k benefit excluding insurance discounts in Hyderabad - will be booking an AT AWD shortly
Old 6th December 2018, 19:06   #6803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
..will be booking an AT AWD shortly
Can you specify the reason(s) for selecting an AWD AT than FWD AT in XUV 500. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th December 2018, 10:30   #6804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Can you specify the reason(s) for selecting an AWD AT than FWD AT in XUV 500. Thanks in advance.
I felt that the AWD handled hard acceleration better than FWD, with less pronounced torque steer. I have some trips planned for this one . Also, I'll be picking up the car under my company's lease, and it's within my eligiblity.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 10:51   #6805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I felt that the AWD handled hard acceleration better than FWD, with less pronounced torque steer..
Did you take a test drive of XUV 500 W11 AWD AT variant in Hyderabad. If so, which showroom has a demo vehicle in Hyderabad. Thanks.
Old 7th December 2018, 18:50   #6806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Did you take a test drive of XUV 500 W11 AWD AT variant in Hyderabad. If so, which showroom has a demo vehicle in Hyderabad. Thanks.
The test drive vehicle was FWD AT - didn't check if other dealers had a AWD to treat drive. I drive a friend's W10 AWD manual, and another friend's W6 manual often.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 12:46   #6807
BHPian

Any idea about offers on the EcoSport Trend Automatic in Bangalore?

I've been offered 11.6L by one dealer with third and fourth year warranty, but I think I can do a lot better.
Old 8th December 2018, 15:10   #6808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
Any idea about offers on the EcoSport Trend Automatic in Bangalore?

I've been offered 11.6L by one dealer with third and fourth year warranty, but I think I can do a lot better.
They are offering close to 60k off on the titanium plus AT which includes a combination of cash discount, insurance discount and additional warranty. Also was promised 10k worth of accessories.
Old 9th December 2018, 02:57   #6809
Senior - BHPian

Audi Q3 - about 8 to 10 lakhs discount based on the variants chosen (Hyderabad)...
Old 9th December 2018, 14:01   #6810
BHPian

My friend got a 55k cash discount and 9k accessories for Innova crysta GX in Bangalore. He booked one last week

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks