Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2011, 12:38   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Bad luck, the Sales people refused to give me any further discounts on Ritz and I went to extend of cancelling my order, and they asked me to collect the booking amount cheque :(.
Dont even bother, go to the next dealer and try haggling for some discounts.

Quote:
Also, they said I cannot do my own insurance and have to take insurance from Maruti else I would have to get my own surveyor in case of accidents, etc etc.
A big load of BS ! Maruti insurance is the costliest of all, and you can easily save a 5K if you go with other players. When you have a claim, probably the max you will have to do is to call up the insurance guys and they will do the rest. In my case, Surakshaa guys themselves called up the Bajaj Allianz team and I had to do nothing except signing the papers.

Quote:
My options -

1. I have cancelled my booking and negotiating with a couple of other Maruti dealers based on the offer I had with Popular. Let me see if any other is ready to give anything more.

2. Go for the Vista,

3. Wait for July offers, risking the fact that I need the car by Jul mid for sure.
Are you not interested in Figo ? If you wait till mid July, you will have the option of Beat D if you are OK with the car.
Old 26th June 2011, 13:33   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mdsaab, you have given me good suggestions in my other thread when I was looking to buy my car (used or new was undecided) .

So if i hear you correctly, you say that I can say 10K cash discounts (I think dealer would say 5K cash + 5K accessories) + 4K corporate + maybe tell them I will do the insurance on my own and say maybe 4-5K on that?

That would be a sweet deal
Believe me! It will be next to impossible to get such a deal from Maruti Dealers. Especially, with Ritz Diesel you will hardly get any. You had already gotten the good deal from your Dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
See 7K cash is standard.
Then say another 3K is tough for cash, convert it to acessories.
Plus your corporate discount.
And yes get 0% depreciation insurance on your own
I have visited multiple Maruti Dealers in Pune for a good deal on Ritz. But, no one offered 7k cash deal. At the most I could get was 3K in accessories + 3k Corporate Discount + few freebies here and there.

Quote:
Bad luck, the Sales people refused to give me any further discounts on Ritz and I went to extend of cancelling my order, and they asked me to collect the booking amount cheque :(.
You had good deal at your hands. But don't worry, you can extract same deal from other Dealers.

Quote:
Also, they said I cannot do my own insurance and have to take insurance from Maruti else I would have to get my own surveyor in case of accidents, etc etc.
That's wrong communication from the Dealer. You can get the insurance on your own.

My options -

Quote:
1. I have cancelled my booking and negotiating with a couple of other Maruti dealers based on the offer I had with Popular. Let me see if any other is ready to give anything more.

2. Go for the Vista, my other choice in this segment. TATA has some good offers going on now - insurance @ Re 1 + corporate discount of 6L. The model with ABS coming around 5.8 L.

3. Wait for July offers, risking the fact that I need the car by Jul mid for sure.

Buying a new car is sure a big confusion ...Fellow members, help!!!
According to me, please give priority to your options, as follows:
First Priority: Option 3
Second Priority: Option 1
Third Priority: Option 2

Last edited by aah78 : 26th June 2011 at 19:42. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 26th June 2011, 14:35   #633
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Folks,
I went to the maruti showroom. I got an offer of around 475000 on road Mumbai for automatic astar. Got around 38000 rs off including corporate discount. Do I have further scope of any reduction. I still haven't really haggled.
I guess getting my own insurance would save something.

Other than freebies like mats, cover, etc does u all feel I should try for another 20k reduction.
Old 27th June 2011, 08:20   #634
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti dealer i visited in Pune was offering good deals. Sometimes one dealer is able to give you a great deal while the others are not able to match up.
A lot depends on their past record, their inventory, their policies etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Folks,
I went to the maruti showroom. I got an offer of around 475000 on road Mumbai for automatic astar. Got around 38000 rs off including corporate discount. Do I have further scope of any reduction. I still haven't really haggled.
I guess getting my own insurance would save something.

Other than freebies like mats, cover, etc does u all feel I should try for another 20k reduction.
i think you have got the standard discount of 33K and 5K corporate discount. So there is definately more scope for atleast freebies.
Push for cash first and then settle for accessories if cash is not possible.
Many dealers have a cut off, after which it is really hard or impossible for them to give cash, still they bend a little here and there to make you happy and get a signed cheque in return.

i will not say 20K is not possible at all, it may be pushing it a little. But with the current market scenario, interest rates rising etc. The dealers have to pull out all stops if they want your business.
Plus the A-Star is not selling as well as Maruti would have liked and hence you see that one does not have to haggle hard at all, the discounts for the same just pour in from the dealers side.

Good luck!
Old 27th June 2011, 10:59   #635
BHPian

Quote:
The Maruti dealer i visited in Pune was offering good deals. Sometimes one dealer is able to give you a great deal while the others are not able to match up.
For Ritz VXI, I am getting following offer:
1. 20K consumer discount
2. 3k Corporate discount
3. Accessories worth 3k

Now, first two discounts are directly from Maruti-Suzuki. Only third is from the Dealer. What kind of additional discount should I bargain for?
Old 27th June 2011, 11:43   #636
Senior - BHPian

Don't know whether it is posted here, but yesterday I read that Skoda Fabia classic with driver airbag and telescopic adjustable steering is now available at 3.99L ex showroom in Pune! I think that's a terrific pricing for a tank! If only skoda *** would be any good. Anyone looking to buy a fabia is having good offer here.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:03   #637
BHPian

Quote:

i think you have got the standard discount of 33K and 5K corporate discount. So there is definately more scope for atleast freebies.
Push for cash first and then settle for accessories if cash is not possible.
Many dealers have a cut off, after which it is really hard or impossible for them to give cash, still they bend a little here and there to make you happy and get a signed cheque in return.

i will not say 20K is not possible at all, it may be pushing it a little. But with the current market scenario, interest rates rising etc. The dealers have to pull out all stops if they want your business.
Plus the A-Star is not selling as well as Maruti would have liked and hence you see that one does not have to haggle hard at all, the discounts for the same just pour in from the dealers side.

Good luck!
I will give a bit more detail on the discounts. I was out the entire day yesterday and posted from my phone. And you know how painful its to type on a touch screen.

So the discounts breakup currently given to me are -
Standard 31K Maruti Discount (The dealer said the 48K discount is bifurcated into 31K cash and 17K exchange bonus)
2K Corporate Discount
5K This is something he said he will just reduce of the total

Also, ex showroom I was quoted 463K while the Maruti website says 460K.

I am going to a couple of more dealerships and a direct marketing company this week. I am definitely gonna try to get it down to 450K as the final offer.

Btw what kind of loan deal percentages are we getting on Maruti now. Anybody with recent experience please advise.

On a separate note, the Maruti showroom was totally empty. Never seen a Maruti showroom so empty

Cheers
Old 27th June 2011, 12:16   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Don't know whether it is posted here, but yesterday I read that Skoda Fabia classic with driver airbag and telescopic adjustable steering is now available at 3.99L ex showroom in Pune! I think that's a terrific pricing for a tank! If only skoda *** would be any good. Anyone looking to buy a fabia is having good offer here.
yep, that should be possible.
Going through the buying experience, I could share the following things.

In Celebration of 10th Anniversary, Initially they started with a scheme of straight 32K off on ALL petrol variants till 12th of June, suddenly they stopped it in-between with the reason that they achieved their target and now the scheme is limited to only Classic variant. With ~4.3 OTR price for Fabia Classic (P), the 32K discount makes is 3.99 which is true as I was informed from the SC. For other variants he said only 10K discount is there, but I could bet for it, try for more bargains and you will get much more.

If Skoda A.S.S. would have been better, it would have made to the list of most selling hatches! But most people I have consulted for feedback said two things that i) they are improving, and ii) how many times you will need to visit them - once in a year!
Old 27th June 2011, 14:37   #639
BHPian

Quote:

Btw what kind of loan deal percentages are we getting on Maruti now. Anybody with recent experience please advise.
S.B.I. is offering around 11.5% with loan amount covering 85% of total On Road Price.
HDFC, at the lowest, is charging 12.00%.

Quote:
On a separate note, the Maruti showroom was totally empty. Never seen a Maruti showroom so empty
Cheers
They all are facing the heat, especially after steep fuel price hike. Expect more offers in July!
Old 27th June 2011, 16:13   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
S.B.I. is offering around 11.5% with loan amount covering 85% of total On Road Price.
HDFC, at the lowest, is charging 12.00%.
They all are facing the heat, especially after steep fuel price hike. Expect more offers in July!
Thanks Panko... At least now I know what's the least I should get.

I am a bit confused whether to do the deal this week or wait for July. What do you folks feel will there be substantial more discounts?

Cheers
Old 27th June 2011, 16:26   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
For Ritz VXI, I am getting following offer:
1. 20K consumer discount
2. 3k Corporate discount
3. Accessories worth 3k

Now, first two discounts are directly from Maruti-Suzuki. Only third is from the Dealer. What kind of additional discount should I bargain for?
Ritz petrol discount can go upto 25K
plus if you are trading in your car then another 10-15K exchange bonus.
so push for 25K cash
and throw in a few accesories for good measure.
try as many other dealers as possible.
remember Ritz is not selling as well as Maruti would have liked. So take advantage.
also please note corporate discount will be extra. and may vary depending on your company.

Note to everyone ~ This is pretty obvious but still posting anyways. The discounts increase as you move upwards to the top model.
for eg.
lxi ~ 10K
vxi ~ 15K
zxi ~ 20K

As a thumb rule i always prefer going in for the top model, better discounts and you will not regret not having this feature or that feature.

Last edited by mdsaab : 27th June 2011 at 16:39.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:44   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am going to a couple of more dealerships and a direct marketing company this week. I am definitely gonna try to get it down to 450K as the final offer.
I have almost no idea of "direct marketing companies". Could someone please tell me how they operate and the pros and cons of dealing with one (reliability, pricing etc).
Old 27th June 2011, 17:02   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
I have almost no idea of "direct marketing companies". Could someone please tell me how they operate and the pros and cons of dealing with one (reliability, pricing etc).
I really do not have much info but there's an ADDIS Marketing office near to my home. Hence, I thought let me have a look there.

I have an acquaintance who bought a Dezire thru them and got a much better price than the dealerships along with normal freebies that you get at the dealership. Also, he could also select which dealership he wanted his car from.

Maybe I will post some more details after I visit them and understand their modus operandi..

Cheers
Old 27th June 2011, 17:45   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Panko... At least now I know what's the least I should get.

I am a bit confused whether to do the deal this week or wait for July. What do you folks feel will there be substantial more discounts?

Cheers
In fact I was in the same dilemma. But finally decided to wait till July. Let's hope for the best!
Old 27th June 2011, 17:50   #645
Team-BHP Support

What are the offers going around on a Scorpio these days?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks