Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2013, 01:12   #3481
BHPian

Dear All,

I am getting a new 2013 E 220 CDI sports edition for 38 Lacs on road in Gurgaon.
I was really stretching my finances to buy a 3 series, but this seems like a better deal.
Personally - I have never been fond of the 3 pointed star and always fancied BMW, but the 520 d is at least 3 lacs
More than the E 220 sports, should I still go for the 520d or is the E class good enough?
Cheers
Sid
Old 24th May 2013, 02:43   #3482
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Dear All,

I am getting a new 2013 E 220 CDI sports edition for 38 Lacs on road in Gurgaon.
Sid
Dear Sid
Even I'm in the same dilemma. But m tilting towards BMW for following reasons

1. Aircon on the E class is very weak and that will create a big problem in long and sweltering summers of N.C.R . Have experienced it in my relative's car and many reviewers have been of the same opinion.

2. The facelift is due in the coming months , which has major changes (highly and clearly visible) on the front and the sides. Even the tail lamps have a new LED arrangement.Engines Will have higher power output. So after a few months the car will become a generation old and trust me that's not a good feeling especially when one is paying 38 big ones . The resale price will take a huge hit.

There is a facelift for 5 series as well but its not as prominent as the one on E class. It's more of a blink&miss affair even for a trained eye.

3. The BMW showroom in west Delhi (moti nagar) is offering good deals. try haggling hard with them , you may get a price closer to your target.

Suggestion: if you are still keen on the Mercedes , try out the star agility program where in you can be sure about the value of the car at the end of the quantum
fuelinmyveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 07:59   #3483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear All,

I was really stretching my finances to buy a 3 series, but this seems like a better deal.
Personally - I have never been fond of the 3 pointed star and always fancied BMW, but the 520 d is at least 3 lacs
More than the E 220 sports, should I still go for the 520d or is the E class good enough?
Cheers
Sid
If you have always fancied a BMW, I would suggest to go with that even if its 3 lakhs more than the E. I am not saying that the latter is a bad car, but why spend 38 lakhs and settle on something which you feel as a compromise?
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 10:49   #3484
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Some more discount offer as per today newspaper.
Attached Thumbnails
The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-indiac_offer.jpg  

The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals-vw_polo_vento_offer.jpg  

Old 24th May 2013, 11:45   #3485
BHPian

With the commodity prices crashing worldwide, there should be price cuts by all manufactures. They never lose any opportunity to increases prices whenever their is even a sight increase in the prices of commodities.
Old 24th May 2013, 20:01   #3486
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Cheers
Sid
What's the best deal you hve for 520D? I too am in the same boat and are exploring the option of 520D or A6.
As for E Class, I strongly believe that the discounts are likely to touch 10L on the same as we near the facelift, so hold your horses if you can,
Cheers !
RickyC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 22:25   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
What's the best deal you hve for 520D? I too am in the same boat and are exploring the option of 520D or A6.
As for E Class, I strongly believe that the discounts are likely to touch 10L on the same as we near the facelift, so hold your horses if you can,
Cheers !
Hi Ricky,
I am getting a 6.1 lacs as a discount on the 520d . Haven't negotiated anymore yet, but I am sure to squeeze another 50k to 80k more.
Are there any better deals going on?
Regards
Sid
sidwadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 13:20   #3488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting a 6.1 lacs as a discount on the 520d
Are they offering this disocunt on the OTR price or from the ex-showroom price? The dealer in Mumbai is offering 3 lakhs off the OTR on a 3 series. This was on asking casually about the offers on the car currently. However, I feel the discount should be from the ex-showroom price isnt it?
Old 25th May 2013, 13:33   #3489
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Ricky,
I am getting a 6.1 lacs as a discount on the 520d . Haven't negotiated anymore yet, but I am sure to squeeze another 50k to 80k more.
Are there any better deals going on?
Regards
Sid
What's the ex showroom price ? After discount.
Old 25th May 2013, 14:13   #3490
Distinguished - BHPian

Does it make a difference if the discount is on the ex-showroom price or the OTR price? AFAIK the RTO doesn't consider discounts on ex-showroom prices while registering your car and the registration cost stays the same as for a car without discount. They change it only when the manufacturer officially changes the ex-showroom cost of the car.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 15:12   #3491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Does it make a difference if the discount is on the ex-showroom price or the OTR price? AFAIK the RTO doesn't consider discounts on ex-showroom prices while registering your car and the registration cost stays the same as for a car without discount. They change it only when the manufacturer officially changes the ex-showroom cost of the car.
Ok in that case it shouldn't make any difference. I thought we could save on RTO & insurance if the discount is given on the ex-showroom price.
Old 25th May 2013, 17:20   #3492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

The RTO charges you a fixed percentage on the invoice price.

The showroom will always invoice you the price given after deducting the discount. For example if the actual price of the vehicle is 45 lacs and the discount is 6.0 lacs, the billing will be done for 39 lacs. And in Punjab, you will have to pay registration @ 8% on 39 lacs not 45.That's difference of about 48000 in RTO fee alone. All states follow a percentage rule and percentages may vary across states (it's 20% in bangalore)
Old 25th May 2013, 19:04   #3493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
The RTO charges you a fixed percentage on the invoice price.

The showroom will always invoice you the price given after deducting the discount. For example if the actual price of the vehicle is 45 lacs and the discount is 6.0 lacs, the billing will be done for 39 lacs. And in Punjab, you will have to pay registration @ 8% on 39 lacs not 45.That's difference of about 48000 in RTO fee alone. All states follow a percentage rule and percentages may vary across states (it's 20% in bangalore)

I don't know out there, but down south the RTO's charge the road tax on the ex-showroom price which they have with them irrespective of any discount you might have haggled from the dealer. The same applies to the insurance. A related link regarding the discussion on this matter.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2999074

Think further discussion can be continued there.
Old 25th May 2013, 19:54   #3494
BHPian

The Road Tax & Insurance is calculated on the Ex-Showroom irrespective of the discounts involved,
So any discounts whether calculated on the showroom or OTR works out to be the same thing.
Old 26th May 2013, 02:51   #3495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post

Dear Sid
Even I'm in the same dilemma. But m tilting towards BMW for following reasons

1. Aircon on the E class is very weak and that will create a big problem in long and sweltering summers of N.C.R . Have experienced it in my relative's car and many reviewers have been of the same opinion.

2. The facelift is due in the coming months , which has major changes (highly and clearly visible) on the front and the sides. Even the tail lamps have a new LED arrangement.Engines Will have higher power output. So after a few months the car will become a generation old and trust me that's not a good feeling especially when one is paying 38 big ones . The resale price will take a huge hit.

There is a facelift for 5 series as well but its not as prominent as the one on E class. It's more of a blink&miss affair even for a trained eye.

3. The BMW showroom in west Delhi (moti nagar) is offering good deals. try haggling hard with them , you may get a price closer to your target.

Suggestion: if you are still keen on the Mercedes , try out the star agility program where in you can be sure about the value of the car at the end of the quantum
Took the plunge........... Bought home the E220 CDI sports today.
Discount of 6.5 lacs + free comprehensive insurance worth 75k = 7.25 lacs off.
Further negotiated zero prepayment and foreclosure charges through DFS on the loan for 5 years @ 9.8%.

Hope this is a good deal!!!
My first tryst with the holy trinity begins......
Regards
Sid
sidwadia is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks