Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 18:53   #2836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150

Are you getting the SKODA shield ? Don't skimp on extended warranty;Not with a SKODA
The guy said I will be able to take extended warranty only if I go with skoda insurance. But from your recommendation, guess am really worried if I should go with a Skoda, though Rapid is a wonderful car... Talk about dilemma!
Old 29th November 2012, 02:30   #2837
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
I would rate it absolutely 'out of this world' man! For a lac and two grand OTR, it is un-freakin-real! You don't even get a Nano at that price

Naah just messing with ya buddy! I know that is a typo there - obviously you meant 10 Lacs. But seriously, sounds like a bargain to me especially if you're able to squeeze a few grand more across the table. Hardly anything going around on the Rapid from what I hear.
HEHEHE!
Secretly wish if they would have offered the Rapid in that Price I would have immidiatel booked atleast 10 Nos. One for me and the rest 9 for all the brothers at TBHP
I wrote it with my mobile hence the mistake
The SA is ready to bargain for a small more on the Accesories part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
This is one sweet deal that you have bargained for, a total discount of a lakh rupee on a Rapid is a real sweet deal. I read your location is New Delhi, which dealer is this, a friend of mine is also on the lookout for a Rapid ( even though i tried my level best to dissuade him against Skoda).

Please do let us know the dealer name who's handing over such a sweet deal on a very competent vehicle, i'd probably guide my friend towards him !!
Hi Prodigy

I am dealing with Nawab Motors in sector 8. I must say they have been giving me the best *** experience till now. I have test driven the car 4 times(and plan to do twice more) but the SA has no problems whatsoever!
If one of your friends really need to strike a deal, Nows the Time. Two cars could together bargain more than one.
Pm me If you want to proceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Rapid is a competent car and well priced too, for a nice European vehicle.
Better value than a Vento, very fairly priced when compared with the Fiesta and Verna etc.
100k discount on a vehicle which is generally selling well, is a good deal indeed.
One of the major things that i consider while buying a Car is It should be Highly Value for Money
Till now the Sunny was proving to be the best bet
But with this 75k discount the window is too narrow and rapid is the immediate choice.
Vento is not considered, have a reservation for its styling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
I would say, The deal is beautiful. BUT hold your horses.

Heard that, Skoda is going to change their pricing effective from Jan 1 2013. Got this info from SA.

The prices are definitely going to come down. because VW cant increase their prices. This has already been extensively discussed in VW thread.

I think, Skoda is going to bring down the prices by 50-60 K for their top end models and around 30-35K for their base models. This is the reason why you are getting 1L discount of which 75K is FLAT.

If i were in your place, i would wait and then act. Because,
=> If Skoda really reduces the prices of their cars, you can pick the latest 2013 model. which will have less depreciation over the next couple of years.
=>Skoda Stockyards, already have 2013 model cars ready. they would go on sale effective from Jan 1/2nd week. so you need not wait long.
=>You might, might probably get a more lucarative deal on 2012 cars in jan 2013 as Skoda cars doesnt sell like hot cakes and there is lot of bad reputation around this brand.

So think and then decide. After all, its a Skoda and this is almost December. Every manufacturer is going to give huge discounts.

OT: You may get a 2L discount on Lineas in december they hardly sell 40 units a month. VW is already giving 70K off. Toyota is giving 30K on etios. so the whole market is running on discounts so why not wait for couple of weeks?
Your Suggestion Well Taken.

But As i have heard from the SE, the prices of all the Cars are supposed to increase soon owning to higher equipment cost, Cant correlate on the downfall of prices. Pus the upcoming diesel tax (though i think it will be only on SUV)
We tend to use the car and sell it to indivisual after that, for whom the condition of car matters a bit more than the Age of an extra month over a year
Plus the benefits at this time of the year on the cost will overall suffice for anything that I may lose out, if I sell it to an authorised second hand car dealer

But if there is still something that I am missing out, Please do quote me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Hey fellows,

I was offered only free insurance and 5k discount on Rapid Ambition plus TDI last week. After reading this 75k offer called up SA. He is now willing to give 75K cash disc and the 7500 corp disc. But no free insurance and also said no to that addntl 17500 disc!

Also, was thinking to scrap Skoda 35k insurance and 12k ext. warranty and go with outside insurance. I got a quote of 22k from Berkshire online.

Would like your suggestions on this. Should I haggle more or bite the bullet?
I would really suggest you to go for the Shield
Apart from the extended warranty, it covers road side assistance as well which can be of great help during an unanticipated breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
The guy said I will be able to take extended warranty only if I go with skoda insurance. But from your recommendation, guess am really worried if I should go with a Skoda, though Rapid is a wonderful car... Talk about dilemma!
I have been through the same Dhamki

Regards,
Sahil

Last edited by don_carmaster : 29th November 2012 at 02:31. Reason: Grammar
Old 29th November 2012, 06:31   #2838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster

But with this 75k discount the window is too narrow and rapid is the immediate choice.
Vento is not considered, have a reservation for its styling

Sahil
I am a little surprised by this statement. Do you not think that the Rapid and Vento are extremely similar in styling?
If yes, then, apart from the pricing what other purely styling driven reason can there be to choose the Rapid?
If no, then please highlight back to me what you believe is so much different in the Rapid vis a vis the Vento,
To me both cars look pretty much identical.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 12:27   #2839

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Skoda Rapid Birthday Offer : 5.99% Interest Rate + Insurance at Re 1 + Exchange Bonus.
More details here :
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/IND/mode...hdayOffer.aspx

The age-old dilemma, is my Zen ready to be dumped or is the fling still worth it ?
Old 29th November 2012, 16:41   #2840
BHPian

Any idea what is the best offer on Scorpio in Bangalore? I have been offered a discount of about 25K on the insurance and nothing more, by SKS on Bannerghatta road. I am looking for the SLE Model. TIA
Old 29th November 2012, 22:49   #2841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I am a little surprised by this statement. Do you not think that the Rapid and Vento are extremely similar in styling?
If yes, then, apart from the pricing what other purely styling driven reason can there be to choose the Rapid?
If no, then please highlight back to me what you believe is so much different in the Rapid vis a vis the Vento,
To me both cars look pretty much identical.
Hi,
Your query well noted.
Coming to the dissimilarity part, I believe both are mechanically same and they are almost same in their road behavior

But it seems that you've been missing out on comparing the most important part in the car- the front fascia

To me the rapid looks like a handsome sedan from the front and the Vento a bit confused ( completely my opinion)

That's an enough reason for me to go for the rapid
Plus the prism cut in the boot panel looks classy as well

Rest both the cars are quite same

Quote:
Originally Posted by zosoin View Post
Skoda Rapid Birthday Offer : 5.99% Interest Rate + Insurance at Re 1 + Exchange Bonus.
More details here :
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/IND/mode...hdayOffer.aspx

The age-old dilemma, is my Zen ready to be dumped or is the fling still worth it ?
I know, I checked out this offer last night
You have an option to go for this package
Or a complete cash discount of 75k

I sensibly chose the latter

Regards,
Sahil

Last edited by don_carmaster : 29th November 2012 at 22:54. Reason: adding back to back post
Old 30th November 2012, 10:15   #2842
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Guys, please refrain from OT posts. Comparison's can be done in the relevant threads. This thread is for discussing discounts, offers, etc. on NEW cars only.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 12:39   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarney View Post
I would be getting delivery of Ertiga ZDi by about mid week next week. Details / ownership review would follow. Had booked it ~1 week back and delivery was promised in 3-4 weeks.
Wow, an Ertiga ZDi in 3-4 weeks flat . That would be one of the quickest deliveries of the Ertiga. Could you please share the detailed price break-up if not here then in this thread of New Car Price check --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-142.html
Old 30th November 2012, 22:39   #2844
BHPian

Hi guys,

Dec is upon us, hope the discounts will be better than diwali, pls post all the offers (are the mods opening a new thread for dec discounts?)

Personally I have honda brio on the radar (emt or exmt), will start to haggle with the dealers shortly (during diwali they were offering 23k off on emt)

pls update on the discounts on brio.

cheers
Old 30th November 2012, 23:23   #2845

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wow, an Ertiga ZDi in 3-4 weeks flat . That would be one of the quickest deliveries of the Ertiga. Could you please share the detailed price break-up if not here then in this thread of New Car Price check --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-142.html
Actually, less than three weeks. Breakup is,
Ex showroom price: 875544
Road + other taxes (I am assured I would get govt receipts for this entire amount: 136059).
Zero Depreciation Insurance: ~12K (Carrying along my 50% NCB + insurance quote match with other providers)
Incidental Charges: 6750
4 year / 60K KM extended warranty: 11202

Total: ~1041555/- (exact insurance quote would be known shortly)

I didn't haggle much since I was assured of quick delivery and not the usual 6 months wait. However, they have been very forthcoming and accommodating on all reasonable demands (no accessories package, warranty - left on me but I eventually went with it, insurance - quote match etc). The only thing I didn't want to pay was Incidental Charges but they didn't budge from this and I let it go as well.

BTW, I didn't post to the link you mentioned since there was no "offer" here. Take it, or leave it is the case with such high in demand and high wait list cars.
rbarney is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 11:02   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside
Hi guys,

Dec is upon us, hope the discounts will be better than diwali, pls post all the offers (are the mods opening a new thread for dec discounts?)

Personally I have honda brio on the radar (emt or exmt), will start to haggle with the dealers shortly (during diwali they were offering 23k off on emt)

pls update on the discounts on brio.

cheers
honda dealer called up today and told me that the december discount are same as november - free insurance+5000 cash for EMt.
they say that honda has sold most of its stock during diwali offers and have limited 2012 stock. not sure whether its true..
Old 1st December 2012, 11:36   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead

honda dealer called up today and told me that the december discount are same as november - free insurance+5000 cash for EMt.
they say that honda has sold most of its stock during diwali offers and have limited 2012 stock. not sure whether its true..
If they had sold most of the 2012 stock, he wouldn't be calling and telling you about the discount. I believe you should bargain harder, you may even get a higher discount since all the dealers would be pressed hard to consume all/ most of the 2012 stock.
Old 1st December 2012, 12:11   #2848
BHPian

Whitefield Honda offering 9.20 L on-road for City E-MT. Will post details of the full pricing asap.

Am planning to deposit the booking amount today.
Old 1st December 2012, 13:03   #2849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilambuj

If they had sold most of the 2012 stock, he wouldn't be calling and telling you about the discount. I believe you should bargain harder, you may even get a higher discount since all the dealers would be pressed hard to consume all/ most of the 2012 stock.
true. but since my dealer is in a town rather than big city, his allotment of cars is less compared to other big dealers. he assured that he will provide extra discount if i confirm my booking. But i got to sell my getz crdi first ..
Old 1st December 2012, 18:45   #2850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Whitefield Honda offering 9.20 L on-road for City E-MT. Will post details of the full pricing asap.

Am planning to deposit the booking amount today.
After a bit of haggling, I got the same offer extended also to S-MT. Details as below:

Ex-showroom: Rs. 8,55,710
Road Tax inclusive of "Handling Charges": Rs. 1,41,480
Comp. Insurance: Re. 1 (Considered discount of Rs.25,194)
Extended Warranty + RSA: Rs. 11,750
Essentials Kit: Rs. 3,000
Less Corporate Discount: (Rs. 12,000)
Less Cash Discount: (Rs. 24,941)

Total On Road: Rs. 9,75,000

Accessories thrown in: Underbody coat, Reverse parking sensors, Rubber mats, Steering cover

Dealer: Whitefield Honda, City Showroom (Shivajinagar, Nr Cantt Station)

Cheers,
R_S
roadie_swift is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks