Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 18:26   #2431
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
I forgot to mention, they're offering an additional 17.5K corporate discount (works even if your blood relative is working for their "Platinum" level company) and giving me 8K worth of accessories for free.
Yeah, the corporate discount is a bit of a joke. It is anyway written off as an amount by the manufacturer up front. So they'll give it your cousin's friend's uncle for all they care! For the most part, it is at the dealership's discretion.

Quote:
He offered me a deal at 45K for leather seats + wooden trim. Seats by Stanley, he assured me.
That sounds very reasonable if indeed, those are Stanley btw. Definitely worth the extra dough.

What's the OTR coming to as per their quote?

Quote:
Moreover, he told me they're going to re-launch the Ambition on par with the Elegance (Diesel variant fame) by adding a few more features. Phase out the Ambition just like the Active and keep just the ELEGANCE and VRs. All the more reason for him to give me a discount!
This you might also want to ratify independently buddy. I haven't read or come across anything specifically to this effect.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 17th September 2012 at 18:35.
Old 17th September 2012, 18:29   #2432
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Autobahn told me they only had "White & Silver". Senator, although the same company, is offering me the color of my choice, including Black and the new Beige.
Replied to your PM. Also, I have heard from Autobahn and JMD that white and silver is available. Autobahn had black in their yard, but I preferred to get a fresh indent from the factory. Senator told me that no black or beige. Double check with your sales exec.
Old 17th September 2012, 18:32   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Yeah, the corporate discount is a bit of a joke. It is anyway written off as an amount by the manufacturer up front. So they'll give it your cousin's friend's uncle for all they care! For the most part, it is on dealership discretion.

That sounds very reasonable if indeed, those are Stanley btw. Definitely worth the extra dough.

What's the OTR coming to as per their quote?
Hmm, don't care much for the corporate discount. I can cancel it out with the 0 Dep insurance.

Their OTR as per my last visit was ~13.5L Thane Registration (I'm looking at a Lonavala Reg MH-14 Plates) along with 8K worth of accessories.

The above mentioned price doesn't include the 0 Dep, Corporate Discount, etc.

As for the seats, they assured me of the authenticity, but then claimed that I wouldn't get the "Stanley logo".

@Shreyas - I'll have another chat with 'em. He said they'd expect a booking + 50% payment before they call for the vehicle from Aurangabad. Didn't get into much detail. Will grill the JMD fellow when he drops in tomorrow.

Last edited by Unrealistic : 17th September 2012 at 18:36.
Old 17th September 2012, 18:49   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Their OTR as per my last visit was ~13.5L Thane Registration (I'm looking at a Lonavala Reg MH-14 Plates) along with 8K worth of accessories.
That's quite mouth-watering man! At that price, she becomes terrific VFM.

Quote:
As for the seats, they assured me of the authenticity, but then claimed that I wouldn't get the "Stanley logo".
And there, ladies and gentlemen, is the inevitable caveat!

Just wondering: would it then be called "stripped down Stanley leather"?!!
Old 17th September 2012, 20:10   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreddy18
Hi All,

One of my friend is planning to buy Honda city and currently he is getting following deal (in Bangalore) :

Model : Honda City VMT
On road price : Approximately 10.5 Lacs.This includes free Insurance and Extended Warranty (for 3rd and 4th year)
In addition to this, dealer is providing following accessories for free :
1.) Floor Mats
2.) Reverse Parking Camera
3.) Bluetooth
4.) Teflon Polish

Optionally: If more than one person books car with dealer,they will provide further discounts (dealer did not reveal details)

He has following questions :

1.) Is this a good deal or there is still a scope of negotiating further ?
2.) Would it be a good idea to wait till festival season starts in order to fetch better deal ?
=====================================
Hi, can you please let me know the name of the dealer? A friend is looking to buy the top variant with sunroof et al.
Old 17th September 2012, 22:26   #2436
BHPian

Guys I am out in the market looking for a new car for myself. I have shortlisted few cars and wanted to know if there are any discounts available on them currently.

1. Linea Emotion
2. SX4 ZDI
3. Nissan Sunny
4. Tata Safari
5. Mahindra Xylo E9

I was actually looking to buy the Duster but at 13lacs on road mumbai I feel the options that I have listed above are better.
Old 18th September 2012, 01:05   #2437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post

1. Linea Emotion
2. SX4 ZDI
3. Nissan Sunny
4. Tata Safari
5. Mahindra Xylo E9
I'm assuming you are looking at diesels only. Huge discounts; in the range of anywhere between 75K to 100K are manageable on the Linea if you show genuine interest and negotiate even a little. For pretty obvious reasons too - the car is just not selling.

Just out of curiosity though: I see you already own a Punto 1.3. Why would you want a similar car with the exact same engine?

My suggestion is to pick between the Sunny dCi & the SX4 ZDi depending what suits your requirement better/which of the two excites you more. Both are very able cars though the dCi engine under the Sunny's hood is a proven workhorse. While you're at it, you might also want to check out the Sunny's cousin - the Scala.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 18th September 2012 at 01:10.
Old 18th September 2012, 01:23   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
I'm assuming you are looking at diesels only. Huge discounts; in the range of anywhere between 75K to 100K are manageable on the Linea if you show genuine interest and negotiate even a little. For pretty obvious reasons too - the car is just not selling.

Just out of curiosity though: I see you already own a Punto 1.3. Why would you want a similar car with the exact same engine?

My suggestion is to pick between the Sunny dCi & the SX4 ZDi depending what suits your requirement better/which of the two excites you more. Both are very able cars though the dCi engine under the Sunny's hood is a proven workhorse. While you're at it, you might also want to check out the Sunny's cousin - the Scala.
I was very happy with the performance of my Punto and hence when the thought of upgrading, Linea is my first choice. People might say that the FIAT is not good but I have always got a very good support and never had issues with it. Also features like blue and me and the highest ground clearance is good.

Scala only reason I am not looking at is because of the higher price than the original sunny. Though looks wise Scala is better. SX4 is one of the choice but there has always been a delay in maruti because of the high demands (read that as waiting period).

So let me try some dealers for these cars and see what I can get.
Old 18th September 2012, 09:08   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, the corporate discount is a bit of a joke. It is anyway written off as an amount by the manufacturer up front. So they'll give it your cousin's friend's uncle for all they care! For the most part, it is at the dealership's discretion.
Quote:

The above mentioned price doesn't include the 0 Dep, Corporate Discount, etc.

@Shreyas - I'll have another chat with 'em. He said they'd expect a booking + 50% payment before they call for the vehicle from Aurangabad. Didn't get into much detail. Will grill the JMD fellow when he drops in tomorrow.
Hey one question to both of you, do we calculate the insurance and registration after dedeucting the discounts from the ex-showroom? The question arises because, yester unrealistic and myself were discussing on the discounts, both of us are being quoted similar discounts, but the OTR price difference is ~ 85k where as the difference in registration is close to 70k between Thane and Mumbai. The difference is not much, but even if I am able to squeeze 15-20k more discount from my dealer, no harm. I can still try to do it as I am going to pay the booking amount tomorrow.

Or may be because I have not considered the 0 dep that is included in my OTR. That explains the difference.

Also @ unrealistic - Earlier JMD had told me a similar thing that I need to pay a substantial amount before they get the car from Aurangabad, but then after some discussions they said that I need to pay a booking amount and when the loan gets sanctioned, they will call the car from Aurangabad.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 18th September 2012 at 09:11. Reason: Adding some more comments
Old 18th September 2012, 09:21   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am out in the market looking for a new car for myself. I have shortlisted few cars and wanted to know if there are any discounts available on them currently.

1. Linea Emotion
2. SX4 ZDI
3. Nissan Sunny
4. Tata Safari
5. Mahindra Xylo E9

I was actually looking to buy the Duster but at 13lacs on road mumbai I feel the options that I have listed above are better.
Buddy i would suggest, go for SX4 ZDI, the company is offering huge discounts. I got 1.1 L discount.

BR

Amit
Old 18th September 2012, 10:02   #2441
BHPian

Quote:

1. Linea Emotion
2. SX4 ZDI
3. Nissan Sunny
4. Tata Safari
5. Mahindra Xylo E9

You'd be able to get a whole lot of discounts for the Linea if you haggle a bit with the dealerships.

Sx4 has a "Celebration Edition" going on which is nothing but the ZDi in Pearl White color & a blue colored body vinyl sticker running across its length on both the sides. Not to mention small changes on the inside too. Sx4 Celebration Edition carries a 50K cash discount along with a 50K exchange bonus, you could also manage a discount of about 10K which includes corporate discounts and all if you bargain with the dealership a bit. The Sx4 ZDi also has a 35K exchange bonus scheme going on these days apart from the standard Corporate discounts and all.

The Nissan Sunny does not carry too many discounts as of now i believe, still Nissan Sunny would end up costing less to you than the Sx4 ZDi or the "Celebration Edition". Scala is definitely not carrying discounts as of now, at least that's what i learnt from the dealerships in August end.

Off the above choices, ill say the best bet is Sx4 ZDi or the "Celebration Edition", though the celebration edition is running out of stock soon, so you better make a move quickly !!

Good Luck mate
Old 18th September 2012, 10:12   #2442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani

Buddy i would suggest, go for SX4 ZDI, the company is offering huge discounts. I got 1.1 L discount.

BR

Amit
Hi Amit,

When did you buy the car and what was the on road that you paid. Do you have the break up of the dal that you got.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 18th September 2012, 11:33   #2443
Senior - BHPian

Team,
What are the offers available on Safari EX ?
Old 18th September 2012, 11:39   #2444
BHPian

Any offers on Hyundai EON (Magna)

I'm getting a quote of 3.9L with matting, teflon & antirust thrown in. No cash discount.
Old 18th September 2012, 11:51   #2445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Any offers on Hyundai EON (Magna)

I'm getting a quote of 3.9L with matting, teflon & antirust thrown in. No cash discount.
For about 20k more, you will get the Santro with a better 1.1 engine and about 40k more, you can get the i10 1.1 which are both better buys. The only thing in favor of Eon is the interior design.

On the other hand, K10 VXI is available for 3.70 without exchange and 3.50 with exchange Mumbai OTR
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks