Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: YOUR Car of the Year 2011?
Hyundai Eon 84 3.20%
Honda Brio 134 5.10%
Toyota Liva 35 1.33%
Maruti Swift 183 6.97%
Nissan Sunny 53 2.02%
Skoda Rapid 109 4.15%
Hyundai Verna 260 9.90%
Ford Fiesta 47 1.79%
Force One 18 0.69%
Mahindra XUV5OO 1487 56.63%
Renault Fluence 22 0.84%
Volkswagen Jetta 56 2.13%
Suzuki Kizashi 14 0.53%
Volkswagen Passat 23 0.88%
Renault Koleos 7 0.27%
Volvo S60 32 1.22%
Audi A6 62 2.36%
Voters: 2626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 20:00   #361
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year 2011. EDIT : Mahindra XUV500 it is!!

Votes for XUV were well expected. i'm not surprised since its a great leap from M&M in the given segment. How much is one willing to pay for ARIA given the XUV outdoes it in almost all departments.
Old 13th December 2011, 21:28   #362
BHPian

Voted for Volvo S60

Best in class engine and safety features.Overall package would have been mouthwatering,only if the price was a little lower.

Still its the best this year IMO.
XUV500 is good but its more hype and I guess 50% off people who have voted in favor haven't even tried it out.
Old 13th December 2011, 22:20   #363
BHPian

Its XUV 500 for me because it has made me standup and take serious note of the fact that "Mahindra has arrived and is here to stay" and i have been a Tata (Arch-Rival) fanboy for ages.
Old 14th December 2011, 01:52   #364
BHPian

I voted for the New Swift as I have test driven it and have also booked it and hence I had more knowledge about it to be able to vote for it.

However I don't see why people have gone so much in favor of the XUV5DoubleO. I am sure most of them have not even test driven it, forget anything else. Just because it got high scores in the review done by Tbhp should not be the end of it all. It is a new SUV and yet to prove itself, no long term ownerships yet either.

I sure am surprised by the biased voting.
Old 14th December 2011, 05:19   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
I voted for the New Swift as I have test driven it and have also booked it and hence I had more knowledge about it to be able to vote for it.

However I don't see why people have gone so much in favor of the XUV5DoubleO. I am sure most of them have not even test driven it, forget anything else. Just because it got high scores in the review done by Tbhp should not be the end of it all. It is a new SUV and yet to prove itself, no long term ownerships yet either.

How can anyone say that it is a biased voting. The old Swift started receiving bookings even before the first commercial lot was even released leave alone test driving. OK for the new Swift, the DNA did not change and the additional features helped garner more bookings. The absence of deliveries for more than four months also helped in increasing the number of pending bookings.
It is impossible for everyone to test drive all the 17 cars before casting the vote and that is not a pre-requisite to cast vote.

Last edited by rajeev k : 14th December 2011 at 05:23.
Old 14th December 2011, 09:01   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratuations for your new booking. Can you share your "knowledge" which made you not voting for XUV500, Volvo S60, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid, etc.
Old 14th December 2011, 10:14   #367
BHPian

Quote:

Say tomorrow I TD an EON in and out, and become quite aware of its strengths and weaknesses, should I then only vote for EON?
I don't buy this argument of having experienced all vehicles just for the Voting aspect.

Of course when buying the vehicles I should TD all the contenders in the category I'm looking for

Last edited by racer_m : 14th December 2011 at 10:15. Reason: spelling error
Old 14th December 2011, 12:45   #368
Team-BHP Support

Renault Fluence has apparently been named the "Saloon" Car of the Year by Top Gear magazine.

Check out : http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...ue&Skin=TOINEW
Old 14th December 2011, 20:47   #369
BHPian

My Vote went to the X double oh

What a game changer it has been, miles ahead in terms of concept and implementation! not surprised that majority here agree!
Old 15th December 2011, 00:45   #370
BHPian

Well, thanks for the quotes and the sarcasm as well. I did not mean to offend anyone, I simply went with the view point and understanding that I have. You have to have some information and drive feel and understanding of a vehicle to be able to vote. Now like they all say ' different strokes for different folks', so no one has to agree with me. But spare me the sarcasm, for that does not make us any better in a discussion.

I have driven/test driven the following cars: Hyundai Eon, Honda Brio, Maruti Swift, Toyota Liva, Hyundai Verna & Ford Fiesta, hence I limited my voting to these and chose the one that was the best deal for me. I have not tried any other in the list, so I felt it will be unfair to vote for them.

You can vote for a car that you have not test driven or tried but to me that kind of becomes a biased voting based on a review. Please carry on with the votes and the discussions, let us not make this thread any different than what it is intended to be.

My apologies if I hurt anyone's sentiments, but then again I did not ask anyone to buy my point and come out guns blazing. This is an open forum and everyone's view point should be respected. I am suddenly being made to feel like I comitted a crime here.

Last edited by iFuel : 15th December 2011 at 00:50.
Old 15th December 2011, 01:27   #371
Senior - BHPian

Since the Swift is being discussed here, here's why I did not vote for it:

a. New body styling but the same diesel engine.
b. Reports of poor braking in the non-Zxi/ Zdi variants.

The Swift is supposed to be THE HOT HATCH for the masses. How can they go retrograde on the braking which is otherwise fine on the older version?
Old 15th December 2011, 01:56   #372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But spare me the sarcasm, for that does not make us any better in a discussion.
+1.
Quote:
You can vote for a car that you have not test driven or tried but to me that kind of becomes a biased voting based on a review. Please carry on with the votes and the discussions, let us not make this thread any different than what it is intended to be.
Information can be from different sources - but they are all information nevertheless!

I have also booked a Swift (ZDi), and I find it to be the best overall package in the diesel segment (below Vento/Rapid). However - I voted for the XUV5OO as the 'Car of the year 2011'. Why?

Because i believe it has redefined a segment unlike no other, whereas the Swift just lifted the bar a bit higher than before! Introduction of the new Swift did not sent other manufacturers running for cover. The segment has remained the same. However, XUV5OO launch saw cars from below and above the price bracket sweating it out.

New swift was just an evolutionary package for Maruti. Given the fact that they already had a winning forumula in their hands - they could have done better - Boot space for example. XUV5OO was a first for Mahindra - and they certainly have put in much more than people expected out of them/ a car in the segment.

I am not even considering the way it drives here. Even if the dynamics were as poor/ good as the Scoprio - it would have been a winner in my mind. If it was a poll for the best driver's car - yes, there is no way to judge one without driving. But for the rest of the factors - do we really need to drive to find out?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 09:22   #373
BHPian

I voted for XUV. I am very happy to see an Indian company trying to get out of their comfort zone and attempting something really sophisticated. In that process they delivered a lot of value to the customers saving them from the clutches of the overpriced offerings from the multinational companies.
Old 15th December 2011, 11:08   #374
BANNED

I voted for XUV500.
Reasons
Indian company has launched a vehicle with lot of features
Price for features offered
Old 15th December 2011, 11:32   #375
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Verna and I am surprised that the XUV was heading the table. Sorry no offence there. Actually I was first convinced about XUV and was convincing about its VFM values to my friend and asked him to buy it. But later when I saw the vehicle in flesh, I was not convinced myself. In fact I found Xylo to be a better VFM than Xylo.
Other than the fact that it was from an Indian Manufacturer, had the same vehicle been launched by Hyundai I am sure people would have scroned the vehicle.

But Verna I found to be leaps ahead of current Verna. Pity that its not a Indian manufacturer to get on top of this list.

On contrary,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks