Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:55   #1
BHPian

Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus

Just got a call from a dealer, according to him Tata Motors is offering a cash discount of 1.60 Lakhs on Aria models!! and an additional 40k exchange bonus!!

my old car is valued around 50k, should I go for a buy guys?? he said this aint a price cut its a december discount of sorts.

Please Note - I had inquired about Merlin a few days back from the dealer.
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:58   #2
BHPian

Re: ARIA December discount, not price cut as per dealer !

What is the OTR pricing ? And for which model ?
That is quite a deal !
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:02   #3
SDP
Team-BHP Support

IMHO Aria is overpriced by a couple of lakhs at least. So the deal price seems like the fair price at which the vehicle should be sold on ANY day of the year and NOT only at the year-end.
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly the Aria looks like VFM.

But been hearing not so great feedback on the car and service. A known person who ditched the BMW X1 to get the Aria is pissed. He already owns the 3 series and thought the Aria will be the best weekend ride.
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
What is the OTR pricing ? And for which model ?
That is quite a deal !
Base Pure variant is 11.60l ex showroom so after discount it comes at 10l ex showroom and 40k addnl exchange discount so its 9.6l !
I know this dealer for quite some time now and he is ready to offer some freebies over and above this.

But the offer is for december only.

OT - I always thought Aria should start from 9.5 onwards.
Old 2nd December 2011, 23:22   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
Just got a call from a dealer, according to him Tata Motors is offering a cash discount of 1.60 Lakhs on Aria models!! and an additional 40k exchange bonus!!
Is this offer available on the base 4x2 priced at 11.62L as well? Then it makes the price go to 9.6 ex showroom.

The deal sure does look good. But think well before you put your cash on it. I would NOT want to buy a car which will give me tremendous headaches and crappy service in spite of the premium rates. I would rather buy an Innova or XUV 500 instead.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd December 2011 at 23:23.
Old 3rd December 2011, 01:09   #7
BHPian

Tata must do a brave price correction on Aria range starting from Base Pure 4x2 @ 9.xxL to 12.xxL for top End AWD Pride Model. This will make Aria a selling model.
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:26   #8
BHPian

I believe there is nothing like stock clearance discount and that too by a huge margin of almost 2 lakhs ! Do you really think people will purchase the 2012 Aria for the original price, once such offer is made at the year end ? I don't think so !

Aria will definitely go the Jazz way. Tata will first sell the existing Arias at a discounted price and the 2012 version will then come up with a revised price scale. There is no option left with Tata either.

I argue you to wait till 2012 and see what is in store. XUV's booking has restarted I guess
P.S. Toyota Innova is still the best MUV money can buy.
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post

my old car is valued around 50k, should I go for a buy guys?? he said this aint a price cut its a december discount of sorts.
DO NOT buy an Aria. I being an owner myself am saying this. The TATA after sales is pathetic. In fact pathetic is an understatement. All they have are guys servicing indigos and Nanos and they are definitely not trained to handle a car of this sort. Plus, there are going to be niggles. LOTS of them.

Go ahead with the Innova if you can or even an XUV, but you need to re-think in case of an Aria.

@swiftnfurious - Well said. This car gives you tremendous headaches and not to mention the worst service experience probably. As per the rattles are concerned, those come complimentary with any TATA.

Last edited by DeKay : 3rd December 2011 at 12:17.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

As others mentioned, better buy an Innova or an XUV. I would not buy an ARIA even at a 3L discount.
Old 3rd December 2011, 14:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

I seriously do not understand these guys.

On the one hand they hike the price of the Safari by 20K, and on the other they reduce the Aria by 1.6 lacs.

Dealers also saying that government planning to levy tax of .5 to 1 lacs extra on each diesel vehicle come January 1st.

Is it a ploy to clear year ending stocks?
Old 3rd December 2011, 15:31   #12
Senior - BHPian

Tata should sort out the issues with the Aria first. By issues, I mean serious issues like clutch failure, brake failure & breakdowns. This is not expected in a 18 lakh car. Also, they should learn to treat such customers with respect.

Then they have to drop the price by atleast 2 lakhs of every single variant, not just in year end but permanently.

Then the Aria would be a good alternative to the XUV & Innova.
Old 3rd December 2011, 16:23   #13
BHPian

Somehow I do not like XUV design but then again I hated swift for fat behind when it was launched but now i think it is the coolest design ever

The discount got my head spinning but as Turbokick mentioned they might take the Jazz route so I will discuss it with my friends.

OT - its like they are giving a nano free on an Aria
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:09   #14
Team-BHP Support

I wouldn't suggest the Aria.

True, it has it's fair share of niggles just like a few other cars, but I've heard horror stories here on Team BHP on how unreliable it is. And it's not just the car. It's the after-sales-service. It's not about just buying the car, at the end of the day. You've gotta live with it. And with niggles that don't seem to get sorted - and shoddy after-sales, I wouldn't go anywhere near the Aria.

Also, I think this is the price-tag that the Aria should have been introduced with in the first place! It's just the right price-tag. The Aria was overpriced, before this. But I'd still wouldn't say it's VFM exactly, especially with the Innova priced around the same bracket.

Speaking of which, try the Innova. Or if you want something butch, the XUV should do good. Just get a good colour on it that manages to hide those sore-looking claws up front.

All the best!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd December 2011 at 17:10.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:22   #15
BHPian

Sorry for being lazy to look around in the forum but could somebody please list out the issues/failures that Aria owners are facing currently

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks