Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2012, 09:39   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
Kindly help me understand the breakup, my friend is about to finalise a deal. So does this breakup also include value of your old maruti?

Also he spoke to the Area manager from Tata Motors their who handles this region (NCR), he said till date not a single 2012 model has been sold from any dealer in NCR let alone Noida or oberoi. He added that they are not offering the same discount (1.60L+40k) on the new 2012 manufactured model so no dealer would go into losses by selling them at this scheme. He called this whole thing as rumor.

And now its really intriguing me that if this discount has been offered to you on 2012 model why should my friend take the same on 2011 model. Would you be willing to share the details VIN etc so that we can negotiate same deal on 2012 model as you did?
Brother,
First of all, i just bargained my way through this. As i have mentioned earlier that i have purchased 6 Cars from the same dealer and 4 of the same make (Fiat Grande Punto) thus getting additional benefits, which everyone might not get.

Once again,
Tata Aria (Base Variant)
Manufactured January 2012 [Vehicle In Transit]
To be registered in February 2012

On Road Price - 12,70,000
On Going Discount Discount by Tata - 1,90,000
Old Car Exchange Bonus - 40,000 (Maruti Preferred)
[For which i have arranged a 2009 Maruti Alto LX]
Additionally Bargained - 40,000

Final On-road Ex-Delhi Price - 10,00,000/-

Please feel free to ask any further details :-)

The interesting thing is that for the Base Variant of aria manufactured December 2011 White in color i have quoted him 9,70,000/-
Im actually waiting for this deal to work out
davidashish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 19:09   #137
BHPian

Reading this post, i went to Concorde motors Bangalore. I got them to open the showroom today and test drove the ARIA!!!

Here is the deal, they say 13.3l for the pure, the 9.9 L offer is for yellow boards, Guys you sure??! I was just looking at a Safari but if you get an Aria at a similar price, why not?! Is this possible? there is a 3L diff b/w Delhi and Bangalore?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Also, Chat and SMS Lingo are not permitted on Team-BHP. Thanks.

Last edited by .anshuman : 5th February 2012 at 19:21. Reason: See note in the post.
sriku23 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th February 2012, 23:08   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
Brother,
First of all, i just bargained my way through this. As i have mentioned earlier that i have purchased 6 Cars from the same dealer and 4 of the same make (Fiat Grande Punto) thus getting additional benefits, which everyone might not get.

Once again,
Tata Aria (Base Variant)
Manufactured January 2012 [Vehicle In Transit]
To be registered in February 2012

On Road Price - 12,70,000
On Going Discount Discount by Tata - 1,90,000
Old Car Exchange Bonus - 40,000 (Maruti Preferred)
[For which i have arranged a 2009 Maruti Alto LX]
Additionally Bargained - 40,000

Final On-road Ex-Delhi Price - 10,00,000/-

Please feel free to ask any further details :-)
Its surprising the offer that you have got, nobody else is really getting it. I talked to my dealer in Bombay and he refused any such offer exists for 2012 models. Plus all 2011 models are sold out in Bombay.

Man you are one lucky fellow. All the bad press on the Aria not withstanding, the price that you are getting it at is a real steal.
I am wondering what price will the Storm come out on now.

And here I got a 2011 model, at a higher price.

One consolation is more Arias on the road.

Cheers
Old 6th February 2012, 11:15   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Its surprising the offer that you have got, nobody else is really getting it. I talked to my dealer in Bombay and he refused any such offer exists for 2012 models. Plus all 2011 models are sold out in Bombay.

Man you are one lucky fellow. All the bad press on the Aria not withstanding, the price that you are getting it at is a real steal.
I am wondering what price will the Storm come out on now.

And here I got a 2011 model, at a higher price.

One consolation is more Arias on the road.

Cheers
None the less, are you interested in the Aria ? will arrange one at the same price for you buddy ..........
moreover the idea of a aria or a XUV dsnt surprise me anymore.
Old 6th February 2012, 13:30   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidashish View Post
None the less, are you interested in the Aria ? will arrange one at the same price for you buddy ..........
moreover the idea of a aria or a XUV dsnt surprise me anymore.
Ohh I already got one in December.

Hence my anguish.

Cheers
Old 6th February 2012, 13:57   #141
BHPian

Almost the same offer still going on for all TATA cars in Odisha.
but these cars are 2011 manufactured cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus-tata_offer_odisha.jpg  

Old 6th February 2012, 17:31   #142
BHPian

Seeing the number of Arias on the road , it is obvious that the 2011 stock is about to get over soon .
And as the dealers are reluctant in giving discounts on the 2012 model . So will the discount continue or is it only till the 2011 stock last ??
Old 8th February 2012, 11:48   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Ohh I already got one in December.

Hence my anguish.

Cheers
Hey Congrats, wishing you happy and safe miles ahead. Also wishing you luck with the Tata product as maintenance does eat a lot of smiles. None the less God Bless and safe service
davidashish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 01:09   #144

Ok guys, I have booked the Tata Aria. Pleasure 2X2. Elsewhere, about a year ago, I had written about my need to upgrade, but had to defer the purchase as I was moving city and squeezing into the mortal coil of a corporate job again from an entrepreneurial journey (no, I lost money in business and had to submit to wifey's diktat that I could buy my dream vehicle - the Endeavor - only on my own money, when I am firmly back on my feet). She emphatically ruled out a subsidized ego trip: Hence, I had to choose the `poor cousin'.

I hope, however, that I haven't chosen an unworthy substitute. I am getting it at flat INR12 lakhs OTR Noida. This is the version which has the airbags. I am getting an overall discount of INR2.21 lakhs, including the INR2 lakh standard discount. And, it is a 2011 manufactured vehicle, white in color. Should get the vehicle on the 27th or the 28th of Feb. A bit irritated with the delay in delivery though: I booked on Feb. 9.

My needs are primarily long-distance trips. I do a lot of Bom-Del, Bom-Ccu, and Raipur-Ccu. In fact, I plan to do Del-Ccu-Del on the Aria next month; since 2005, I have rarely traveled by either air or trains on domestic, non-business trips. I just hope the Aria would be a significant improvement on the Ford 1.6 I have been driving for 6 years. Also, I thought waiting for the XUV would be futile, what with the unending queue of customers waiting to patronize Mahindra.

The wait is getting just too long for the Aria, which I somehow felt was roomier than the XUV. That did not dictate my decision, though. BTW, you do not get this huge discount on 2012 models. I may be wrong, but that's what the dealer told me. It may well be possible that the plan may cover 2012 vehicles as well, but my dealer (Shrinathji Motors) said otherwise.
Old 21st February 2012, 10:12   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokbh View Post
My needs are primarily long-distance trips. I do a lot of Bom-Del, Bom-Ccu, and Raipur-Ccu. In fact, I plan to do Del-Ccu-Del on the Aria next month; since 2005, I have rarely traveled by either air or trains on domestic, non-business trips.
Ashokbh, if you are planning long trips of more than 2k oneway, I am not sure Aria is the best option at this point. It still has too many niggles to give you the required reliability.

Please see the experiences of others in the forum. I know someone who use a smaller hatch instead of Aria for outstation trips. He lost face three times in front of others with Aria on outstation trips.
Old 21st February 2012, 12:17   #146
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Ashokbh, if you are planning long trips of more than 2k oneway, I am not sure Aria is the best option at this point. It still has too many niggles to give you the required reliability.

Please see the experiences of others in the forum. I know someone who use a smaller hatch instead of Aria for outstation trips. He lost face three times in front of others with Aria on outstation trips.
Well I kinda differ on this one - what with multiple such trips already under the belt and the Safari already at 36,000k kms, but yes am aware that there are quite a few on the forum who have faced problems but - touch wood - till I do so; feel this one is the best way to go about it. Had the Safari for the purpose earlier and this is way way better. Have yet not had a niggle that would cause me to abondon ship midway, the ones face by me have been cosmetic or something that can be taken care of during service. (I do stick to service intervals (oil change) of 9-10k kms instead of the recommended 15K kms) and have exhausted all of my free services already. That said am aware of what you have been through on your thread yet believe from what the service advisor states that this is not the norm but yes some vehicles have had major issues - In which case one would have to envoke 24X7 support and get them to solve the mess. But that should not be the norm. There would be no point in picking up the Aria and not using it for long drives. Was always more confident on the long drive highways (from a reliability point of view) with the Safari and the Aria vs the other vehicles options that I have had.

On a side note - the way the luck in the world goes around - my brand new i10 Auto picked up just this december stopped midway with a major ecu related fault in the first long trip that I took with the Aria following and have earlier had the Laura too give up on me with a blown turbo on a similar long journey. So I guess I had my share of bad luck with other vehicles instead.

Yet do also understand your point of view considering your experiences.

Last edited by ACM : 21st February 2012 at 12:19.
Old 21st February 2012, 23:45   #147

Hi, So, are the niggles too frequent? I am kind of getting a bit edgy, but don't see how I can back out now, given the escalation of commitment. I haven't taken delivery of the vehicle yet, so technically can switch to the Safari (don't know whether the dealer would agree. But he might). But I liked the ride and feel of the Aria much better than the top-end Safari.
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:05   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
There would be no point in picking up the Aria and not using it for long drives.
That was one my reasons to recommend Aria Initially. Long distance commute and off road once a while. Touchwood man, I remember reading someones post where they had no issues when I started my thread. But 2 months later the situation was really bad.

Quote:
Hi, So, are the niggles too frequent? I am kind of getting a bit edgy, but don't see how I can back out now, given the escalation of commitment. I haven't taken delivery of the vehicle yet, so technically can switch to the Safari (don't know whether the dealer would agree. But he might). But I liked the ride and feel of the Aria much better than the top-end Safari.
You are buying a Tata Product which is still in V1 stage. So you have to be prepared for Niggles. Aria is a car that is fun as long as it runs well. By the way consider seating for only 4 Adults + 2 Children for long distance travel. Second row Arm rest is not comfortable for long distances

When the Niggles start they take their own sweet time to be resolved. If it is only electronic then you can expect the car to move. But some of the issues here are Mechanical. Hope Tata has resolved the issues faced by customers till now.

Patience is the Key here. If you can live with service center trips when they start, then it is a decent buy.
Old 22nd February 2012, 12:23   #149
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suggest you stick to the Aria.

It has many many improvements of the Safari including resolution of many long term issues that were just not solved in the safari and but have been taken care of in the new Safari that we will see in the coming year. The engines of the Aria and the Safari are identical more or less and with the 4X2 varient that you have selected with lesser features as well there is much less that can go wrong so I feel that you should not really worry too much.

Also the new Safari based on a shortened Aria platform is also due to be released within the year, and the Aria would be higher and more proven model that that Safari.

Lastly If you swap back to the Safari you will not get as good as deal as what you have on hand already.

I have lived the Safari for 10 years and 175,000 kms and the Aria for 1.3 years and 37,000 kms and feel the Aria is much much better as a vehicle and definately relatively more niggle free - Touch Wood. Plus TATA seem committed to resolving the Aria issues if any on priority but yes at times it can take some time. Yet with a 4 year warranty on hand it should be a safe bet with no significant cost on your pocket. Plus you have a good deal stay with it.

Last edited by ACM : 22nd February 2012 at 12:34.
Old 10th March 2012, 02:11   #150
BHPian

OK Guys I am in a dilema - I am out to buy a new car and my heart says Aria but my mind says a sedan like the Linea or Vento. I am not able to decide. And reading comments of Indian21R - Aria has reliability issues. I do long distances in my Punto so I need a car which will help me on long distances and should be reliable too. Please suggest. Aria seems to be a good bet, though I am not very sure after reading comments here.

Most Viewed