Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2023, 11:57   #721
BHPian

Re: The Premier 118 NE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
I just wanted to know where is the chassis number punched in 118 NE
Don't have the 118 NE now so not sure. But you can try checking the areas pointed with the red arrows in the pics below.

The Premier 118 NE thread-01.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-02.jpg
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 13:17   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Don't have the 118 NE now so not sure. But you can try checking the areas pointed with the red arrows in the pics below.

Attachment 2430232

Attachment 2430233
Thanks for the help, I could locate the plate riveted above the right headlight (does rto accept the plate scanning?) but on the other side (left) near the firewall there is neither any engraving or plate, is it engraved near the firewall? Please suggest
Thanks.
Old 18th March 2023, 13:35   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post
https://Youtu.be/xpJALSl7Fek

A friend of mine recently picked up this NE118, thought we'd do a walk around and talk about the car before we started with modding it.
This is a lovely car.
It is the perfect candidate to lightly mod into becoming a Lancia Fulvia Fanalone or Alfa Romeo GTA look-alike.
After all it is their long lost cousin.
Old 18th March 2023, 14:35   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Is it engraved near the firewall?
Have you checked the entire horizontal surface indicated by the arrow pointing downward in the second picture?
Old 20th March 2023, 10:51   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the help, I could locate the plate riveted above the right headlight (does rto accept the plate scanning?) but on the other side (left) near the firewall there is neither any engraving or plate, is it engraved near the firewall? Please suggest
Thanks.
The rain scuttle has the chassis number debossed on the metal. RTO will accept a carbon print of the plate and the debossed number on the scuttle body.
Old 20th March 2023, 14:23   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
Engraving next to the firewall is acceptable by the RTO.
Old 24th November 2023, 15:36   #727
BHPian

Premier 118 NE - Thermoswitch and Electric Fan

During my Punedays I had installed a pair of electric fans in place of the belt driven fan. This helped to keep the engine warm up during winters and also use the AC in bumper to bumper traffic. All these days I had been manually switching On those fans with a switch on the dashboard. After moving to TN, the once work horse had become a weekend car and I sometimes missed switching on the fan at the right time. Before this habit would cause a larger damage I thought I should install a Thermoswitch to start the fan automatically.

The idea was to use a maruti 800 switch. But I was clueless where to place it for the optimal On and OFF duty cycles while keeping the temperature needle below half mark.
The first attempt was made to place it at the bottom of the radiator, as in the maruti 800. But for this car when the switch closed and started the fan, the temperature needle would have already crossed half mark.
So the next attempt was to introduce the Thermoswitch in line. A 1.25 inch dia brass tube from a radiator spares shop was used for this purpose. A nut welded to accommodate the Thermoswitch and the wires were connected to the fan relay. Luckily at this switch position the duty cycle of the fan would always keep the temperature needle below half mark. The learning here is that a 1" brass pipe is enough for this purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
The Premier 118 NE thread-20231124_151847.jpg  

The Premier 118 NE thread-20231124_151907.jpg  

The Premier 118 NE thread-20231124_151842.jpg  

Last edited by ilangop : 24th November 2023 at 15:39. Reason: Spell check
ilangop is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 15:41   #728
BHPian

Re: Premier 118 NE - Thermoswitch and Electric Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
The idea was to use a maruti 800 switch. But I was clueless where to place it for the optimal On and OFF duty cycles while keeping the temperature needle below half mark.
I have the Maruti 800 switch at the bottom of the radiator. The fans switch on when the needle gets halfway; which is preferred. Do you see any concerns in that situation as the temperature stays stable once the fans are on?
KkVaidya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:00   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
I have the Maruti 800 switch at the bottom of the radiator. The fans switch on when the needle gets halfway; which is preferred. Do you see any concerns in that situation as the temperature stays stable once the fans are on?
Hi Kanhai, As long as you are happy about seeing the temperature needle hovering around an acceptable range, let us leave it as it is.
Just curious to know which fan you have installed in your 188. Mind sharing some photos please?
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 09:40   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious to know which fan you have installed in your 188. Mind sharing some photos please?
I don't know from which vehicle but performance is acceptable.
Attached Thumbnails
The Premier 118 NE thread-fans-fitted.jpg  

The Premier 118 NE thread-fans.jpg  

KkVaidya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:35   #731
BHPian

Re: A-Arm PU Bush set for Premier 118 NE

Quote:
From this learning, the second proto set was made with a higher hardness value. Thanks to our fellow bhpian Mr. Darryl (He sells PU bushes for off-roaders) for providing me key inputs to do it better.
Thus the second (better) set has gone into the car. Below are some pictures of the bush and the A-arm. Generous amount of Silicone Grease was used between the moving parts.

The car needs to undergo some more trials to fully comment on the performance, but the car is not being used owning to the problem mentioned in the previous reply. I would be grateful to anyone who can help me with a pair of rear axle cones / collars for the 118NE half shaft.
Hey Ilango,

Bushes on my 118ne are due for replacement. Planning to opt for PU bushes from here on.

Need two sets..

Any pointers?
bikertillidie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 19:19   #732
BHPian

Re: A-Arm PU Bush set for Premier 118 NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertillidie View Post
Hey Ilango,

Bushes on my 118ne are due for replacement. Planning to opt for PU bushes from here on.

Need two sets..

Any pointers?
I Got a few sets at home. I can send you.
ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks