Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2006, 14:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram
Here is a source.
http://www.domain-b.com/companies/co...emierauto.html
Other than that I will have to jpeg an actual TUD-5 in a Viceroy model.
Guess you'll have to, because the article only talks about the plans (which we knew about) that never materialised.

I am pretty sure the Viceroy was petrol since I've seen at least two of them. They may have considered putting in the TUD5 but I doubt if they ever managed to do so because by then Premier (and Peuguot) had pretty much closed shop.

While it would be nice to have a confirmation, its not really what you might call priority since its a lot like exhuming a body for post-mortem after a few years - who really cares?
Old 7th March 2006, 17:23   #17
BHPian

Thanks for the information everyone.

Hmm. Didn't know about the viceroy model.
Old 25th March 2007, 19:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Remember the NE??

Was just surfing and found this....what i could find out by translating russian webpages is that it is still in production in Russia and is known as Lada 2107 or WHA 2107. Don't know if we have some members there or not...but would really love to know more about this.

Pics sourced from: CarSpyShots.net Forums: 2007/8 Lada 2107
Info sourced from: Ôîòêè íîâîé LADA 2107M » Wagonlog

Old 25th March 2007, 19:42   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Its been in production in Russia and continue to be for the next generation atleast. Lada is NOT known for their competent anything.
Old 25th March 2007, 19:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics...Would love to see PAL bring it back...Not as a daily usage vehicle but it could be targetted at the TAXI market...Its got one of the most comfortable rear seats
Old 26th March 2007, 01:33   #21
BANNED

i had a diesel version of it, and vouch for the best ac i have ever had. damn nice it was. seats were damn nice i had bought it in 1998 so i guess those were the last stock and the loaded ones too..
Old 26th March 2007, 01:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

I do remember the NE, though I really want to forget it.
Had it for a few years, and sold it for 30,000rs.
The car was nothing but problem, the only plus point being interior space and the amazing gearshift, the likeness of which is still not there in modern cars.
Old 26th March 2007, 03:32   #23
BHPian

Ahhhh,It was my first car....Apart from the loud roar from the mechanical fan and the budget build(pathetic)and possibly a cog more!I really loved the car.

Its Gear-Box was(is) a benchmark,and since my car had upsize radials,i would really exploit the joys of RWD.

It was a Decent car which deserved more attention from PAL in terms of build and periodic improvements THEN.

NOW i would rather remain content with my memory.
Old 26th March 2007, 03:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i had a diesel version of it, and vouch for the best ac i have ever had. damn nice it was. seats were damn nice i had bought it in 1998 so i guess those were the last stock and the loaded ones too..
i had one too in white, it was a petrol. Had an excellent engine, steering, (felt as easy as a power steering) gerashift and a super-fantastic a/c. The rear seat was a luxury and even liked the sound of the doors when shutting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I do remember the NE, though I really want to forget it.
Had it for a few years, and sold it for 30,000rs.
The car was nothing but problem, the only plus point being interior space and the amazing gearshift, the likeness of which is still not there in modern cars.
The problem areas were, rust and suspension. The suspension would give way after every 6ooo kms and in the end gotfed up and sold it. Had pondered at that time to change the boring square headlamps for twin lighted ones and was gonna soup her up but by thenhad started to hate it. The fan sounded like a huge howl and would wake every one up in the neighbourhood if i revved it at a quiet hour.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:42   #25
Team-BHP Support

Back in the 90's it was the car to have with a chaffeur in complete uniform et all, had something elite about it back then.
We had two in the familyh, a white and a blue one.
My first drive ever was in the blue one at worli seaface, i learnt to drive on this alongwith my the gypsy.

manson.
Old 26th March 2007, 13:50   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Back in the 90's it was the car to have with a chaffeur in complete uniform et all, had something elite about it back then.
One of my rich first cousin had it exactly like that, a chauffeur driven 118NE in the late 80s. I looked upon it as if it was a Merc whenever she visited us. Damn! can't believe I used to do that.
Old 26th March 2007, 16:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i had a diesel version of it, and vouch for the best ac i have ever had. damn nice it was.
I hadone with a 1.8Ltr diesel Nissan Diesel plonked in it & how quick it was !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
the only plus point being interior space and the amazing gearshift, the likeness of which is still not there in modern cars.
Absolutely. What smooth gear shifts. Like sliding a hot knife through butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
Ahhhh,It was my first car....
My first car too. I still have very fond memories of that one, though it wasn't in my hands for very long.
Old 26th March 2007, 18:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

It was a pretty nice car. The Nissan Sunny engine was smooth, as was its gearshift. Rust problem was taken care of by filling the running boards with used engine oil.

All very nice, but well past its glory days. Still would be a good replacement for Mumbai's rickety Padmini taxis, though.
Old 26th March 2007, 18:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

My dad booked one in 84 or 85 before it was released and the car was alotted to us in 91. But we did not take the delivery. Took back our money.

I think Peugot also tried to help PAL sell that car with a new name "Viceroy".

Though it was from 60s, it did not show it's age till the likes of Cielo and Opels entered the market.
Old 26th March 2007, 19:37   #30
BHPian

I had one for 2 years, when we returned back from the gulf..! Dad was looking was a Big sized car to match the comfort level of his Cresida and Mercury Topaz..! Some Choice :(

Got duped by a Doctor from Kanpur bought the Truck for 1.5Lakh(1996) and sold it for 40k (1998).

I will always remember, When Adaptors meant something apart from my Sega Console- The car had some contraption called adaptors over the Spark Plugs to prevent the Oil from Soiling the Plug, Some Engine Defect..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 26th March 2007 at 19:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks