Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:28   #106
BHPian

Re: Spotted this car on NH-1

It looks "Ritz"ish!

Guessed it was either skoda or renault looking at the 'C' tail lamps.

Off topic - Is that a carck I see in your windscreen in the last pic?
Old 3rd September 2012, 16:34   #107
BHPian

Re: Spotted this car on NH-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
It looks "Ritz"ish!

Guessed it was either skoda or renault looking at the 'C' tail lamps.

Off topic - Is that a carck I see in your windscreen in the last pic?
Yes, thats a foot long crack from day before when a micra's smashed bumper got ripped n landed straight onto my windscreen.
ramneek009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 17:17   #108
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

For me its looking like "Ritz dwarf". More odd looking cars are coming out nowadays. Cartoonish looks. Look like manufacturer's are thinking customer's are blind when comes design.
Old 4th September 2012, 00:35   #109
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Have a feeling that this will be badged as a Datsun (being an older platform)
Old 4th September 2012, 12:02   #110
BHPian

Re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
Excellent Scoop!!

Is it just me or someone else also believes that the interiors look bit(actually a lot) outdated. The centre console is not looking good and the storage area just infront of driver seat is looking tacky! Just thinking what all driver can store in that

This is not going to compete with Jazz, i20 due to its interiors.
+100.I agree with you Badguy.One word word 'Terrible' interiors.I simply hate kind of cartoon like theme in Renault/Nissan vehicles.AC vents,Steering,Ac controls look like the cars which I would never like to own.I hate the overall interiors of the French and Japanese joint venture.NOM to Micra owners but the overall interior looks like little LEGO LAND to me.Personally,I like Micra for driving as I have driven the same on M25 highway in UK for almost a year.
Old 21st September 2012, 15:51   #111
Senior - BHPian

More sighting of the Modus (courtesy IAB):

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/09/r...in-india-spied
Old 20th November 2012, 22:17   #112
BHPian

I am not sure if Renault is going to unveil Modus, but they sure have a plan to unveil a low cost model made in Chennai car early next year. Below is the news from Reuters.

Quote:
VERSAILLES, France, Nov 20 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault expects the global auto market to expand by close to 30 percent by 2020 despite current stagnation in Europe, its No. 2 executive said on Tuesday.
Like other car makers facing a slump in sales to European customers, Renault is trying to tap into fast-growing emerging markets, where demand remains stronger, with cheaper models. It already expects to make half of sales outside Europe this year.
"There is no reason to be desperate about the car market, there is a very large growth potential, but we have to be able to follow the changes, especially geographic," Chief Operating Officer Carlos Tavares said during an industry conference.

He told journalists he expected the global market to exceed 100 million vehicles in 2020, compared with 78 million units sold last year.

As part of its grab for market share in emerging markets, Renault plans to unveil early next year a low-cost model to be made in Chennai, in India, and priced at around $6,400, Latribune.fr news website reported.

The model will be developed with Japanese partner Nissan and is expected to reach the market at the end of 2014, the website said, adding that it was not destined for Europe.

Renault and Nissan are also working on an even cheaper vehicle to be priced at around $3,800 to take on the Tata Nano in the Indian market, Latribune.fr reported.
Asked about progress in its car plans in India, Tavares said nothing had been finalised yet.
"When the project has been officially decided ... we will make an announcement," he said, adding that the carmaker was continuing to work on it.
Renault Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn has said the group needs to have cheaper models than its current Dacia range in its catalogue, especially to respond to emerging-market demand.
Source: Reuters
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 10:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I am not sure if Renault is going to unveil Modus, but they sure have a plan to unveil a low cost model made in Chennai car early next year. Below is the news from Reuters.

Source: Reuters
Modus Operandi of Renault seems pretty clear, go for volume after having tasted volumes with Duster. But keeping the launch till 2014 end is too far considering the fact that there might be few more models in the segment its targeting before Modus comes out from other manufacturers.
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:16   #114
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rikin R Choksi from Mumbai shares these pictures with Team-BHP:

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-dsc07208.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-dsc07205.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-dsc07206.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-dsc07207.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:45   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why do I have a feeling that this car will be branded a Datsun, if it makes it here? Look at the camouflage for the badges. It's quite clear that they don't want people to know what this car will be badged as. I've seen camouflage that inadvertently reveals the contours and the shape of the logo, at times.

EDIT: The silhouette is very Ritz-like!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2012 at 13:47.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:47   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Thanks GTO and thank you Rikin for sharing these.

Styling is a bit like the Ritz isn't it?! Especially in that three quarters view; with that very distinctive roofline and the flattened back.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 23rd November 2012 at 13:49.
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:49   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks too similar to Ritz from the side profile.

The rear end of the car is sagging quite a bit in the picture. Wonder if the car was fully loaded.

Also the wipers similar to the Civic is interesting too.
Old 23rd November 2012, 13:56   #118
BHPian

Haha I suspect that is going to be the overwhelming sentiment around here! Obvious first impressions - quite similar to the Ritz. Renault better watch out - some unpleasant comments and scrutiny could be headed their way.
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:07   #119
BHPian

Is it just me or does it look like sized down Renault Megane ? The rear looks a bit like Renault Megane . Why dont some cars impress buyers the very first time they see it ?

Will we see any good looking cars at affordable prices in future or will it be cars like this ?
Old 26th April 2013, 21:21   #120
BHPian

Modus has been on Indian roads for an awful lot of time...
IT's possible they are now using this platform for developing an engine for the DATSUN hatchback as nissan already announced India as one of it's key market.
Recently spotted by a friend in Tambaram, Chennai :
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-wp_20130418_0011.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks