Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 12:11   #181
BHPian

Re: August 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
I can see from list that Chevy Beat sold 4676 units ,does anyone have a list of how many diesels were sold

Eager to know as a beat D owner
It appears close to almost 85% of those sold are Diesel and it is also corroborated by Suzuki and Ford guys who admit , almost 85% of sales is happening for diesel models only for Swift, Ritz and Figo. I Don't think it will be any different for Chevy
Old 10th September 2011, 13:32   #182
Senior - BHPian

The Etios and the Liva Diesels have been launched. The pricing seems to be a bit on the higher side to me. Don't see the reason for a Rs 1.4 lac premium over the petrol.

Dzire, Figo, Swift and Ritz have little to be concerned about. For MSIL labour issues at Manesar are a bigger challenge.
Old 10th September 2011, 14:46   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The Etios and the Liva Diesels have been launched. The pricing seems to be a bit on the higher side to me. Don't see the reason for a Rs 1.4 lac premium over the petrol.

Dzire, Figo, Swift and Ritz have little to be concerned about. For MSIL labour issues at Manesar are a bigger challenge.
From where did you get the information that the Liva Diesel is retailing at a Rs 1.4 lac premium over the petrol?

In Pune the ex-showroom prices are as follows:
Liva (P) G variant --> 4,50,337
Liva (D) GD variant --> 5,45,337, so the difference is exactly Rs 90K

Liva (P) G SP* (Safety Pack) variant --> 4,97,237
Liva (D) GD SP* (Safety Pack) variant --> 5,75,837 , here the difference is even lower @ Rs 78.5K

More details on the link below:

Toyota - Price List
Old 10th September 2011, 14:57   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
From where did you get the information that the Liva Diesel is retailing at a Rs 1.4 lac premium over the petrol?

Liva (D) GD SP* (Safety Pack) variant --> 5,75,837 , here the difference is even lower @ Rs 78.5K

Toyota - Price List
Well I am quite Befuddled whatever happened to the Diesel Variant Correspondent to 3.99 Base petrol model. Seems Toyota is happy selling Petrol variants only. In the age Where Ford, Hyundai and Chevrolet Launch diesel models corresponding to each of their petrol models, and where customer is looking for same kind of feature sets even for diesel models, Its a regressive step. I am not happy at all with toyota's model strategy for etios and liva.
Old 11th September 2011, 11:50   #185
BHPian

Did I miss the Mahindra Thar numbers?
Unable to find them on GTO's first post.
Old 11th September 2011, 20:16   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
how a Porsche dealer can justify his investment!
Cayenne is there best selling model here that too in Diesel , they Increased prices by about 6 Lac on diesel models few months back whereas hike in others was minimal - wonder if this goes to Dealers margin or what No change in Taxes , Duties & still Porsche doing such things ? They should have something to take care of there regular monthly expenses , maybe the current owners will have to shell even harder for regular maintenance to keep these centers running
Old 11th September 2011, 21:25   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update*

Renault & Porsche added to the opening post. The Renault Fluence - a poorly positioned product - is in it's 3 straight month of decline. In only 3 months since launch!
@GTO: A very good and informative information on the current scenario of car sales in India. However, from the tables that were posted, I noticed that the sales of SX4 is heading south as I had indicated 2 months ago as well. Can you or anybody in the forum tell us the reason behind its continued miserable performance month-on-month?

It would be great if you guys throw some light as it would help many people in making crucial decisions while planning to invest in their dream cars.

Regards,
Kiran
Old 11th September 2011, 21:46   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp

It would be great if you guys throw some light as it would help many people in making crucial decisions while planning to invest in their dream cars.

Regards,
Kiran
IMHO SX4 doesnt seem capable of filling any aspirations; it seems more suited to fulfill matters of the mind. The Dzire ZDi seems to do exactly the same. Only those who may find the Dzire cramped and want to stick to an MSIL diesel would be opting for SX4.
nitin.rai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 22:01   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
@GTO: A very good and informative information on the current scenario of car sales in India. However, from the tables that were posted, I noticed that the sales of SX4 is heading south as I had indicated 2 months ago as well. Can you or anybody in the forum tell us the reason behind its continued miserable performance month-on-month?

Regards,
Kiran
The ex-showroom price of SX4 ZXi (non leather) shot up by 8%. 7.35 lakh ex-showroom is now 8.00 lak ex-showroom (Bangalore).
What used to cost 8.4 lakhs onroad (that too after 40,000=25k loyalty/exchange + 15k corporate discount) now adds upto 9.6 (without discount) or, 9.2 (with 40k).
This increase of 80k minimum is a big amount. Also consider this - 7.59 base honda or 8.00 SX4 Zxi. City is a no brainer.

Last edited by devsoftech : 11th September 2011 at 22:05. Reason: corrected ex-showroom honda city price
devsoftech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 23:55   #190
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
However, from the tables that were posted, I noticed that the sales of SX4 is heading south as I had indicated 2 months ago as well. Can you or anybody in the forum tell us the reason behind its continued miserable performance month-on-month?
Further to Devsoftech's post, remember that the SX4 is produced at Manesar which is suffering from very unfortunate labour problems of late.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 09:45   #191
Senior - BHPian

Interesting article for all those people who were interested in diesel/petrol split.

Quote:
NEW DELHI: They may be pricier, but cheaper fuel has resulted in sales of diesel cars steadily outstripping their petrol counterparts ever since the price differential widened in May. With diesel cheaper by an average of 53% across the major metros, buyers are making a beeline for cars powered by these engines.

Some 56% of all compacts sold in August were diesel cars. The figure has steadily risen from 39% in July 2010 to 45% in January to 51% in June. Compacts, which range from the Chevrolet Beat to the Maruti Swift, Volkswagen Polo and Ford Figo, account for 70% of all cars sold.

It's a similar story in the sedan segment comprising models such as the Honda City, Volkswagen Vento, Maruti SX4, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Verna and Chevrolet Aveo. A year ago, diesel vehicles comprised just 28% of the car market. That figure would be as high as 64% now, according to estimates by industry insiders.

"Nobody anticipated anything like this. How do you prepare for that kind of swing?" asks Mayank Pareek, marketing sales executive officer, Maruti Suzuki.

But prepare they have to. When the price difference between diesel and petrol was 9 last year, 55% of Maruti's customers preferred the diesel option in the segments in which India's largest car maker offered that option. Today, when the difference between petrol and diesel prices is more than 20, 85% of them are opting for the diesel version.

In the April to August period, Maruti sold about 4 lakh cars, with diesel models accounting for a little over a fifth of those sales.

Maruti offers diesel variants in four of its 12 models - the Swift, SX4, Ritz and Swift DZire. As Suzuki isn't best known for diesel technology, it has partnered with Fiat for engine supply. In 2011 so far, three-fourths of the Swifts, three-fifths of the Swift DZires and two-thirds of the Ritz models sold have been diesel variants.

In comparison just two-thirds of Swifts and under half of Ritz cars sold a year ago were diesel models.

The shift has been more dramatic for Ford India. Till around December 2010, around 55% of the Figo's sales were of diesel versions. That figure has now shot up to 75%.

VW, which bet on diesel early on in India, is reaping the benefits. All its cars in India are available in diesel, barring the Beetle. In fact, VW's sedan Passat is available only in diesel.

At the other end of the spectrum, around 70% of VW Polo cars sold a year ago were petrol. Today the split is 50:50. "I see a slightly further skew towards diesel. Diesel technology has evolved so much that I see a preference for diesel even when the subsidy is reduced," says Neeraj Garg, director, Volkswagen (passenger cars) India.

Toyota has just launched the diesel variants of the Etios sedan and small car Liva. "We have seen the market dynamics changing and the rapid shift toward diesel cars. Customers are gradually buying diesel despite the higher ticket price," says Sandeep Singh, deputy managing director (marketing), Toyota Kirloskar. The share of Toyota's diesel vehicles in its total sales in India has grown to over 70% in the past two months.

News article from economic times
Diesel cars Chevrolet Beat, Maruti Swift, Volkswagen Polo, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Verna give petrol cars a run for money - The Economic Times
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 12:28   #192
BHPian

Is i20 planning to come up with more competitive model compared to new Swift? There is huge difference between these 2 leading compact cars. Even Tata took initiative to change their Vista model a bit.
Old 13th September 2011, 16:00   #193

@GTO Hello , Can you tell the source of the sales numbers ? I am a student doing a Marketing project. Any help will be appreciated .
Old 13th September 2011, 21:41   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Toyota - Price List
Well Auto Indian I stand corrected. However, the Diesel has fewer variants. Ford Figo Diesel starts much lower and will pull a lot of customers from Toyota. I got my Figo Titanium for an On road price of Rs 5.65 lacs in December. Plus I got the 3rd year extended warranty, accessories worth Rs 9K , a car cover and mud flaps free.

Ford has reised the price upwards but I am sure that a Figo Titanium can be had for approx Rs. 5.70 lacs - Rs 5.80 lacs ( on road).
Old 14th September 2011, 08:48   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post

Let's wait for another few months or so to see the actual market of ANHV. I think I was too optimistic when I said in my earlier post that 800-100 is right sales number for ANHV. It should be 500-750.
I think the same. The hype for this car has been too much and I guess the 4K+ sales would eventually settle down to a more realistic figure, may be four months down the line. Yes. I agree.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks