Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 22:15   #46
BHPian

re: Honda slashes price on Jazz as well ? EDIT: Launch pics of new Jazz Pg.56

Honda Jazz could possibly now be called Honda Shocking.
Not sure how this could be related in any way to the price of HONDA CITY. I had been haggling with the dealers for some extra discount on CITY and today the dealer actually offered a WHOPPING 45000 extra discount on all variants over and above the recent 66000 price cut on CITY. This is supposedly the dealer discount. He just said that some new offer has come only today on ANHC. What he did not tell me was about the Price cut on JAZZ.
Could someone throw some light on how this could be correlated to this huge Price-cut of Jazz ?
Old 11th July 2011, 22:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Indeed it has set a nice stage for the Brio to conquer. And my gut feel is that Brio will sport airbags for the entry variant as well as do the City/Jazz. Given it cant be more than 5.5L for the top variant, essentially means starting prices at 4.5L or below.
Altis doesnt have air-bags at the entry variant - imagine that!!
Old 11th July 2011, 22:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

The ANHC has been a market leader from Day-1. Honda cut prices when the City lost its lead and the market responded well (atleast in June). Jazz, on the other hand, has been a market dud since its launch more than 2 years back. Asking price surely contributed to that.

So, the City has always had the image of being the best in its class, but Jazz's image is that of the "Honda product that failed". It will be interesting to see if the market reacts in the same way to the Jazz price cut as they apparently did to the City price cut.

Looking at how the Fabia is doing post price-cut, the price-cut may help Jazz as well. But, the one advantage of Fabia over Jazz is the diesel variant.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Honda never gave stock clearance discounts even when new models were confirmed. And also discounts cannot be by such big margin. And why Honda will ever discontinue such fantastic car? Everyone wants to buy this beauty but it is only the price which puts people's mind off. It is indeed a price cut done silently by Honda to avoid being in news and creating hype in the market.
Honda did clearence sale of City ZX with discounts of over 1L when present city was launched, I know for sure because my sis baught vtec for 1 L dicount
Old 11th July 2011, 22:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Though i wanted this to happen, never in my wildest dreams imagined such a huge price cut!
On the other hand wont the brand image take a severe beating ? First the City now Jazz and the Civic may follow. Or is it done keeping long-term survival and competitiveness in mind ?
Old 11th July 2011, 22:42   #51
BHPian

One of my colleague was offered around Rs. 1.5 lacs discount by Olympia Honda, Chennai. The dealer was so desperate that he wanted him to do the booking today itself.

My colleague chose to wait and watch.

The dealer said that this is clearance sale of existing stock and a facelifted Jazz is expected soon with cosmetic changes and a new price tag.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:48   #52
BHPian

Interesting to know whats happening at the management level with so much inclination to reach to the ground level to meet us mortals. Some serious soul searching happening at Honda .

Hmm.. there are few Jazz owners on this forum and wonder what they are feeling. Though they may feel shortchanged, it is good for the product in the long run as more cars mean better service availability and parts availability if you want to keep the car for long. The way the sales were going south, god knows when Honda would have been forced to stop the jazz and that would have left the owners scavenging for parts after few years .

To me the car never had the looks of a Rs 8Lakh+ Car. Period!!

Suddenly A petrol car is there in the list of diesel cars from which I wanna buy later this year. Hope the news is true and not some clearence sale.

It also would make Maruti to price the Swift that much more competitive and also the guys at Toyota would have to get the Diesel versions of the Liva/ Etios sooner or else the party would be in full swing and some hogging the limelight by the time they arrive.

If this move works which i think will, it would set the stage for a warm welcome for the Brio later this year.
muni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 22:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Imagine what would happen to hapless Tata dealers who are stuck with unsold Indica Vista safire 90 1.4 petrols. The aura ABS costs 6.08 lakhs here in chandigarh, ex showroom.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:56   #54
BHPian

The way Honda is handling the market, will make other guys to bring down the prices.
As some one pointed 6.7 lakhs OTR for Jazz Select is like saying "RIP i20 (with a wicked smile)" and I might even say that Maruti must be going bonkers on this price-cut as the new Swift might be out any time soon.

It's now best for Hyundai to bring down at least 20-25k on their iCars, else, i20 will be history soon!

Last edited by hdnivara : 11th July 2011 at 23:00.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

A similar discount was on offer for Opel Corsa and Corsa Sail before Aveo launch. Incidentally that was the last of Opel in India. The discount spree also did not help much then, because the end of the Corsa and Opel was known to everyone by then.
Old 11th July 2011, 23:07   #56
BHPian

Honda, you have a WINNER! I bow to you many times for correcting the prices.

I can see the Hyundais, Marutis and Toyotas scurrying for cover.

The result of these cuts will show in next couple of months - Expect HUGE waiting times for these wonderful cars!
Old 11th July 2011, 23:09   #57
BHPian

Honda you should have done it before!!!! Already bought VW Polo and my dad did not even considered it due to its absurd pricing. Anyway the new prices are more than welcome and now jazz will be in most of B+ petrol buying list. As in hindi they say "Der aaye durust aaye"
Old 11th July 2011, 23:12   #58
BHPian

What a difference one deep price cut makes in public perception! I still remember the old Honda/ Jazz bashing threads, we were a select few in abysmal minority, trying to defend this beauty of a car. Look at the response to this thread, now Jazz can do nothing wrong

On a serious note, if it is not clearance, this move has the potential to single handedly transform the hatch segment in India - both price and quality wise.

Where does Toyota hide the Liva now?

Should easily manage 5-7k bookings in a short while. Hope Honda can cope with the demand now.

Last edited by SunilM : 11th July 2011 at 23:18.
Old 11th July 2011, 23:13   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

But if this is a clearance sale then its wrong on the part of Honda to keep the customer in the dark. the buyer still might want to go in for the Jazz with this discount but atleast he should know that this product is undergoing a change.
Old 11th July 2011, 23:15   #60
Senior - BHPian

In times of WWF there used to be an event called "Royal Rumble". All the heavy weights used to slog it out. No rules. No regulations. Just pure fight to death (in this case getting thrown out of the ring).
For this new generation which has missed that great event, here is a chance to see and feel what it was like.

The existing Honda Jazz owners must be cursing. And yes, that logic that "the car is not going to be scrapped and I will get parts in future so I should rejoice" does not work on me. I still would be cursing. And cursing big time.

Just shows how much cream the fat cats at Honda were licking off the hands of Indian customers.

Thank You VW for giving us Vento.

And on related note thank you Honda too. Hyundai needed a big stick up theirs big time.
download2live is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks