Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 08:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: After Etios Liva, Toyota to develop two more small cars for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Rush should be a good option for India. Not an exceptional car, but quite a well-rounded 5-seater SUV.
On the small cars, if they need to do anything cheaper than Etios, it has to be something India specific. Even the micro cars like iQ will work out expensive that the Liva.
The bigger than Etios option, in my opinion is only the Vios, which fights it out with Honda City in the Asean markets (I doubt if Toyota will bring a rebadged Subaru here).
The Rush is not exceptional, but actually rather very average in the internatonal markets, but for us in India it couldn't get any better and a dream come true..Also there are two versions, a SWB(5 seater) and a LWB(7 seater).
Only thing missing is a diesel heart.
And small cars i didn't mean the iQ or Aygo, those are expensive, i meant the real kei cars that are sold in JDM under both Toyota and Daihatsu,just like what Maruti did to the WagonR, they could have some minor alteratons and launch them here.
The Vios sedan is nothing other than the Yaris sedan so we can't expect it (given the latest news).
Rebadged Subaru, well i only mentioned it cause it was there in the news.but am secretly harbouring a desire that they launch the Ft86 concept here.
Old 1st July 2011, 08:48   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The Rush is not exceptional, but actually rather very average in the internatonal markets, but for us in India it couldn't get any better and a dream come true..Also there are two versions, a SWB(5 seater) and a LWB(7 seater).
Only thing missing is a diesel heart.
And small cars i didn't mean the iQ or Aygo, those are expensive, i meant the real kei cars that are sold in JDM under both Toyota and Daihatsu,just like what Maruti did to the WagonR, they could have some minor alteratons and launch them here.
The Vios sedan is nothing other than the Yaris sedan so we can't expect it (given the latest news).
Rebadged Subaru, well i only mentioned it cause it was there in the news.but am secretly harbouring a desire that they launch the Ft86 concept here.
I did not know that Rush has got a LWB. I thought only RAV4 have the LWB version. Thanks for the information

Got a question. Is Daihatsu Terios same as Toyota Rush? If that is the case, don’t we have that car already in the Indian market (in the guise of Premier Rio)?
Old 1st July 2011, 09:14   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I did not know that Rush has got a LWB. I thought only RAV4 have the LWB version. Thanks for the information

Got a question. Is Daihatsu Terios same as Toyota Rush? If that is the case, don’t we have that car already in the Indian market (in the guise of Premier Rio)?
The second gen Daihatsu Terios was co-developed by both Toyota and Daihatsu, so in many markets like Japan and south east Asia it's badged as a Toyota Rush, while in the GCC market it's badged as the Daihatsu Terios.
The Premier Rio is in a way a rebadged remodelled 1st gen Terios.
The Terios was a sales failure in China as it was available in two versions.
One:In a JV between Toyota and FAW,toyota later sold the dies to FAW.
Two:An illegal version made by Zotye called the Nomad or 2008!!!
It's the illegal version that Premier imports without the engine and sold with the Peugeot Tud5 engine.
So in a way, the Premier Rio is a double copied offspring of the Daihatsu Terios.

Last edited by DicKy : 1st July 2011 at 09:16.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 01:37   #19
BHPian

A serious suggestion for Toyota;
Do design/adapt your cars this time with Better build & Interiors this time else you'll be considered even Inferior to Maruti Suzuki for giving us the cars even more flimsy than the latter with Spartan Interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks