Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:52   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP : New HM Ambassador (CS Version)

I dont think any hotel will use it with very good alternatives available.
But yes maybe the Govt. departments will buy it but they too now buy Hyundai, Suzuki and Tata cars. Even some Mahindra Bolero, Scorpio as official vehicles.
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:58   #137
BHPian

I hope HM desists from such experiments. They are only sullying the legacy of the grandmaster of Indian cars. The amby should have been rested for mass production, and positioned as a niche limited series car as a 'classic'.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:38   #138
Senior - BHPian

Though a Fiat MJD in Ambassador's engine bay will be wonderful for the car, however, not sure how good the company can manage it without altering the dynamics of the car. Because there ought to be significant differences in the weight of the age old engines used in Amby & the MJD (which weighs around 90 kgs... I read it somewhere). Moreover, I do not think the chassis of Amby is capable of handling so much power, whether in 75bhp guise or worst 90 bhp.

Somehow this (Motorbeam article) seems more like speculation to me, as we have yet not heard of any agreement between the two companies for engine supply or any confirmation of any such agreement.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:18   #139
Senior - BHPian

Getting a Fiat MJD engine might be the easy part. It'll be interesting how HM would be able to control that engine in a car like Amby. It could be like trying to ride an untamed wild horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Add in a few good modifications like Disc Brakes all around along with a fine tuned suspension set up which provides a really plush, comfy ride. Include ABS, Airbags and other safety stuff to the max possible.
Aren't we speaking about the same HM who takes a year to redesign the tail lights, bumpers and grill? That list might be their 'Vision 2050' if they still survive till then.

I'm not sure how beneficial it would be to just add ABS, airbags and other safety kit to a pre-historical shell that is not properly designed to deflect the force of impact away from the passenger cabin in case of a collision.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks