Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 15:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Year End Sale @ M&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Will the warranty be honoured? Even extended warranty?

What happens to a car which is stationary for two years?
Warranty/ Extended warranty starts from the date of sale of the vehicle. In a vehicle standing for extended periods (we are talking year or more), one should get the rubbers changed along with change of lubes. Everything else should be fine.
Old 26th April 2011, 16:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I can vouch for Milecruncher's information source.

These were initially offered to only the M&M family but, got extended to open public as well.

Wish I was a SUV fan, would not have missed out on an opportunity like this one. It's a good deal for someone who wants to keep the vehicle for long term and doesnt mind the hassle of getting it registered in some Tier 2 or 3 city.
Old 26th April 2011, 16:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

I would first have a look into the reason as to why Mahindra had not sold them all this while. There is got to be a agreeable reason.

I can understand the Logan's case, as the new Verito will be coming, they might want to close off the stock of Logan agreed. Why have they not been selling off any vehicles of 2009 etc..

Either they have been used as test vehicles or there was a manufacturing defect, which was brought offline and tinkered later on or They were just unsold stock returned by the dealer for having not been able to sell it.

Understand the reason before dealing in them.
Old 26th April 2011, 18:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I would first have a look into the reason as to why Mahindra had not sold them all this while. There is got to be a agreeable reason.

I can understand the Logan's case, as the new Verito will be coming, they might want to close off the stock of Logan agreed. Why have they not been selling off any vehicles of 2009 etc..

Either they have been used as test vehicles or there was a manufacturing defect, which was brought offline and tinkered later on or They were just unsold stock returned by the dealer for having not been able to sell it.

Understand the reason before dealing in them.
Also, per my understanding the Scorpio 4WDs are built against the order, in that case how come they have so many in the stock ?
Old 26th April 2011, 19:58   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I would NEVER buy a vehicle that's been standing in the same spot for a year or two. Reasons listed here : Long term storage effects.

If you want brand new, then buy brand new only.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 23:55   #21
SAS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I would NEVER buy a vehicle that's been standing in the same spot for a year or two. Reasons listed here : Long term storage effects.

If you want brand new, then buy brand new only.
So true. In addition to points you mentioned earlier, a car which has been standing for over 1 year has been weathering the elements. Paint surfaces would have become brittle, etc plus resale value would be lower. It all boils down to personal preference.

Given that M&M was offering a discount of around 50k at December'10, I would have rather taken a car at that time which is nice and fresh rather than for an additional 20k lower for a vehicle left to the elements for over a year. More so if you are buying a car which you are planning to keep for a long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks