Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 18:42   #211

Re: 0% Depreciation Insurance - It really worked for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I've never claimed auto insurance. Never had to, those who know me, know well how I keep my cars.

Which is why you can imagine what happened when The Yeti® found out that the driver had crashed his Skoda Superb. That's right, don't do a double take. Crashed my Skoda Superb into another car.
No it was not Akbar, it was my wife's driver.

But that is material for another story. I am here to tell you more about insurance.

The air bags didn't go off, but the bonnet was damaged slightly. Neither headlight was broken, but the brackets that hold the headlights in place were broken. I was guessing new headlights.
The bumper looked damaged too, as did the show-grille in front holding the logo.

In addition, the plastic parts holding the bumper and stuff in place was broken. To be honest, it was all quite repairable, but I knew, as well as you do that plastic parts and headlights are only covered 50% by insurance.

So if you drive an expensive car and the adaptive headlights cost like 30 or 40 thousand per beam and you end up with a bill of a lac+ for plastic and rubber parts, the insurance pays only 50% of that amount right? And you end up paying the remaining 40 or 50 thousand right?

Right??

Wrong!

Read on.
Can you please share your consultant's no.?
Have serious dilemma in choosing one. Also, does the 0 Dep not cover Plastic & Fiber Parts? I was always told that the same is covered.
Old 4th March 2015, 10:41   #212
BHPian

@adizone - The legend you have quoted is no longer active on the forum, so he may not reply.

But to answer your queries, yes, zero depreciation would cover the depreciation of plastic and fiber parts, even Sam is saying as much so in the post. You can directly contact any insurance provider (most are quite active on the web nowadays) and get your quote directly instead of through an agent. You'd save a few bucks that way. Look at Bajaj Allianz, Tata AIG. They seem to have good feedback overall. Others like Sundaram, Iffco-Tokio do keep getting mixed feedback but are overall positive.
Old 13th March 2015, 01:15   #213
BHPian

Just an update regarding my earlier post. Bajaj wrote back to me and called me as well confirming that they do and will offer me 0% dep on my car even in its 6 year. Have kept a copy of the email and have already bought the policy.

Also found out that iffco-tokyo also offers 0% dep for my car (supposedly upto 10 years). So thats in addition of universal sompo. I didn't go with either of them because bajaj has a cashless tie up with my A.S.S. and plus its bajaj (have heard only good things about them). Hope that helps someone in the future. The 5 year rule is slowly breaking.
Old 13th March 2015, 10:32   #214
BHPian

FYI - Even I managed to get zero dep for my 2010 i20 entering into the sixth year with Tata AIG. I had continued with them for the last 3 years which may have helped. But surprisingly even Bajaj was offering me a zero dep since I already had a zero dep with Tata and had no claims in my last year.
Old 20th April 2015, 13:40   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
Need a quick suggestion. How good is Bharti AXA compared with HDFC Ergo? I'm looking to renew my Nissan Sunny insurance with a Zero Depreciation insurance. Please suggest (my current insurance will expire by this month end)
Old 20th April 2015, 13:56   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Guys,
Need a quick suggestion. How good is Bharti AXA compared with HDFC Ergo? I'm looking to renew my Nissan Sunny insurance with a Zero Depreciation insurance. Please suggest (my current insurance will expire by this month end)
The best people to answer this question would be the workshop guys. Both are relatively new although HDFC has been a little longer than Bharati Axa. Both are private sector Insurers and hence would be aggressive in premium quotes. You need to compare them word to word. My personal suggestion - HDFC.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 14:53   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Guys,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The best people to answer this question would be the workshop guys. Both are relatively new although HDFC has been a little longer than Bharati Axa. Both are private sector Insurers and hence would be aggressive in premium quotes. You need to compare them word to word. My personal suggestion - HDFC.
Correct.

Even in the case of 0% depreciation policy the terms between the Dealer & the Insurance Company decide some factors. Example: If the painting is billed @ 1000, the insurance company pays 90% of 1000 and the Dealer forgoes the remaining 10%. We all know that the 1000 is an inflated amount in the first place. In some cases, the insurance company would pay only 80% , sighting that the BILL is inflated. The Car owner will be drawn into this situation to negotiate.

So talk to the Body Shop Service Advisor and choose an Insurance Provider who has good rapport with them.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 15:32   #218
BHPian

The insurance policy for my Figo is due for renewal.

I have had an ICICI lombard, zero depreciation policy for the last 2 years. Fairly decent experience with them for claims and even breakdown support.

When I tried to renew the policy online yesterday, I did not get the option for Zero depreciation.

Called up customer care who told me that Zero depreciation policy isn't available for cars more than 3 years old, online!

So I asked him if it is available offline! And he said yes. I would have to visit an ICICI lombard agency and get it renewed for zero dep.

Bit perplexed. Why this difference between online and offline renewal?

Has anyone else faced this?
Old 8th May 2015, 11:47   #219
BHPian

FYI - It depends on your provider. I have a zero dep policy from Tata AIG for my 6 year old i20. This is my third claim-less year with Tata AIG on a zero dep policy.
Old 8th May 2015, 12:32   #220
BHPian

Folks a query

I have a 2.5 yr Old I20 crdi. Have had a couple of minor accidents which has taken out paint from from the bumper, so the bumper has to be replaced
and painted. Bonnet also has bruises which need to be rectified. A good workshop listed in team-bhp has quoted around 10K for the job. The query is
" Is it now fair to get these repairs done in an authorized Hyundai service center,claim insurance and let go of the NCB"? As the current NCB that I paid was around 4.5K. Am i missing anything here and am I taking the right step by deciding to claim insurance. Btw its a Zero Dip insurance.

Regards
Sandy
Old 11th May 2015, 08:09   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Bit perplexed. Why this difference between online and offline renewal?
Strange indeed. Is the wordings of the offline zero dep add on cover is different than the online one. If not why should ICICI refuse online zero dep cover. But then ICICI is a strange company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
The query is" Is it now fair to get these repairs done in an authorized Hyundai service center,claim insurance and let go of the NCB"?
Sandy,
Since the repair cost is more than the NCB amount saved, it is suggested to claim the Insurance. Since its Zero dep, the hole in your pocket is very less just the customary 1000 bucks.
Old 28th May 2015, 13:54   #222
BHPian

Guys, is it possible to get a bumper to bumper insurance for a 4 year old Figo? I currently have comprehensive insurance and was wondering if I would be able to change it when my insurance comes for renewal in August?
Old 28th May 2015, 13:59   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, is it possible to get a bumper to bumper insurance for a 4 year old Figo? I currently have comprehensive insurance and was wondering if I would be able to change it when my insurance comes for renewal in August?
I recently got a Zero Dep policy from Bajaj Allianz for my 5 year old Figo, so the answer is yes. Check with your insurance provider first, if they don't contact others like Bajaj who offer it on older cars too.
gr8guzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 14:25   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I recently got a Zero Dep policy from Bajaj Allianz for my 5 year old Figo, so the answer is yes. Check with your insurance provider first, if they don't contact others like Bajaj who offer it on older cars too.
I have had my insurance from Bajaj Allianz for the past 4 years. I will check out with them directly rather than going through the dealer. Thanks..
Old 26th June 2015, 22:52   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
FYI - It depends on your provider. I have a zero dep policy from Tata AIG for my 6 year old i20. This is my third claim-less year with Tata AIG on a zero dep policy.
A few questions on zero dep insurance; apologies if they have been addressed elsewhere.

1. If a car is on zero dep insurance from Day 1 will the zero dep carry on into the third and subsequent years?
2. If there is a claim in any of the years, will zero dep be allowed in the subsequent renewal?
3. In case of a claim on zero dep insurance, will the the no claim bonus (NCB) be set to 0% as well?

Most Viewed