Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2024, 18:33   #5716
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Cashless claims are usually entertained by the Garages or workshops, they have a general tie up with some Insurance cos (purely based on the commission they receive). Almost all Insurance cos claim to have cashless facility with all workshops but it will good to check with the workshops once.

Your approach to Insurance should be first correct IDV, then add on covers. Suggest not to tweak the IDV based on the add on covers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Every insurer has a list of partner garages where cashless claims are supported. You don't need to worry about anything if the dealership is mentioned in that list. Dealership folks generally misguide uninformed customers to purchase through them, citing that claims won't be cashless otherwise. That's total BS.

However, you need to tread with caution when going with Acko. Back in the day, their dealer network used to be a big question mark. Don't know if things have changed now, but their network garage list wasn't even available publicly. During a reimbursement claim in 2022, I came to know that a good part of their network garages were just local multi-brand outlets. Cashless was available only at a few authorised dealerships but they were far away from my place, so I opted for a nearby garage of my choice. Claim was processed normally though, no complaints on that front.
Thanks to both of you for the reply. So my last year's IDV was 19 lakhs. It should be 17.1 lakh now with an RTI add-on.

I have searched online and found Acko's insurance to be the most fair valued. I have attached the screenshot of the email they sent me to confirm in written that they will provide chashless claims at any garage of my choice. Whether it's their preferred garage or not doesn't matter.

Should this be enough to rest assured that they will be able to do that at Kia's own service centre? They obviously will have a GST registration which is the only thing required according to Acko?

PS: Kia dealer here has categorically said that only insurance done through them will be cashless. They provide ICICI Lombard insurance and even if I got insurance directly from ICICI Lombard they won't entertain cashless claims which sounds absurd to be honest.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screenshot_20240802_151132_yahoo-mail.jpg  

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 3rd August 2024 at 18:37.
Old 3rd August 2024, 19:29   #5717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
PS: Kia dealer here has categorically said that only insurance done through them will be cashless. They provide ICICI Lombard insurance and even if I got insurance directly from ICICI Lombard they won't entertain cashless claims which sounds absurd to be honest.
You can check on ICICI Lombard site for list of network garages. If your preferred service center is listed then it should be cashless and dealer is just bluffing.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 06:28   #5718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
You can check on ICICI Lombard site for list of network garages. If your preferred service center is listed then it should be cashless and dealer is just bluffing.
Well it's obvious the dealer is just bluffing so that he can get his own commision for renewal of my insurance. The dealer's name is in the official website of ICICI Lombard under the list of garages with cashless tie ups.

The question is if he can bluff and wrongly misguide me by saying that they won't give cashless claims even in case the insurance is from the same company that they have a tie up with simply because I didn't buy it from him but directly then can he also bluff similarly when I buy insurance from some other company say, acko, who have categorically on mail said that all the claims with any garage of my choice will be cashless as long as the garage is GST registered ?

PS: ICICI Lombard is still quite expensive even if I directly purchase it when compared to Acko.

Last edited by Mr Anderson : 4th August 2024 at 06:35.
Old 4th August 2024, 07:51   #5719
BHPian

Quote:
PS: ICICI Lombard is still quite expensive even if I directly purchase it when compared to Acko.
Please ask for the policy proposal detailed quote from Kia and check which component has higher premium.

I renewed my Alcazar in last Nov through Hyundai dealership(HDFC Ergo) for an IDV of 18L and it costed me only 20.5K. It includes 20% NCB and Zero depreciation cover. 3rd party liabilities were already covered for 3 years with first year premium, so not included that and not opted for RTI too.
rx100 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 07:56   #5720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...similarly when I buy insurance from some other company say, acko, who have categorically on mail said that all the claims with any garage of my choice will be cashless as long as the garage is GST registered ?
Call the dealership from a random number and ask if they have cashless tie-up with Acko. Fabricate a story that your vehicle has been damaged while parking and the insurance provider is Acko. They will tell you if the claim will be cashless or not.

Quote:
Not all insurance companies are the same. You can go with public sector players like United or New India if you want a really low quote. Ultimately it will reflect in how your claims are dealt with. It's about striking a good balance between VFM offering vs one that offers peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
I renewed my Alcazar in last Nov through Hyundai dealership(HDFC Ergo) for an IDV of 18L and it costed me only 20.5K. It includes 20% NCB and Zero depreciation cover.
+1. Dealership quotes are inflated even for the same covers. My premium was 13k (20% NCB, zero depreciation, consumable and RTI add-on) with HDFC for an IDV of 9.13 lakh. Kia was quoting 17k for the same policy so I purchased directly through HDFC.

Last edited by self_driven : 4th August 2024 at 08:04.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 08:05   #5721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: Kia dealer here has categorically said that only insurance done through them will be cashless. .......sounds absurd to be honest.
Please speak to the service advisor and ask him which insurance company's claims are cashless and hassle free. I have noticed that the dealer's insurance team and service advisor may not promote the same insurance company. I narrowed down to Tata AIG based on this check with the Service Advisor for my KIA Sonet's insurance renewal (insurance team was promoting something else). Fortunately have not needed to use it.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 11:11   #5722
BHPian

Quote:
Please ask for the policy proposal detailed quote from Kia and check which component has higher premium.
It's the basic premium that's absurdly hight at 39000 Rupees with an NCB of 20% I am getting 7800 Rupees off. So it comes down to 31200 Rupees which is still too high. Compare that to Acko whose basic premium is just around 8500 Rupees and then additional NCB discount of 1700 Rupees for the same IDV.

Quote:
Call the dealership from a random number and ask if they have cashless tie-up with Acko. Fabricate a story that your vehicle has been damaged while parking and the insurance provider is Acko. They will tell you if the claim will be cashless or not.
That is indeed a great way to find out. I'll call them tommorow itself. Thanks a tonne for this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Please speak to the service advisor and ask him which insurance company's claims are cashless and hassle free. I have noticed that the dealer's insurance team and service advisor may not promote the same insurance company.
Yes I called my SA right after I got a call from dealer's insurance team. He forwarded me the number of the same insurance team head that had called in the first place for any insurance related querries. So not much help there.
Old 4th August 2024, 11:13   #5723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well it's obvious the dealer is just bluffing so that he can get his own commision for renewal of my insurance. The dealer's name is in the official website of ICICI Lombard under the list of garages with cashless tie ups.

The question is if he can bluff and wrongly misguide me by saying that they won't give cashless claims even in case the insurance is from the same company that they have a tie up with simply because I didn't buy it from him but directly then can he also bluff similarly when I buy insurance from some other company say, acko, who have categorically on mail said that all the claims with any garage of my choice will be cashless as long as the garage is GST registered ?

New age companies like Acko and Digit have a different business model and hence they are able to offer lower quotes. They have tie-up with multi-brand outlets for cashless option and may or may not offer cashless at all OEM service centers. It is important to evaluate any quotation from all angles like claim processing, network coverage etc. and not only price.

A couple of years ago, I was exploring them for new car insurance as quotes were significantly lower. I couldn't find network garage list on their website. I reached out to customer care who gave vague answers regarding OEM service centers being in network. Then I realized about their business model of multi brand outlets. My choice of garages were not part of it and hence I decided to look elsewhere.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 4th August 2024 at 11:43.
Old 4th August 2024, 14:36   #5724
BHPian

Quote:
It's the basic premium that's absurdly hight at 39000 Rupees with an NCB of 20% I am getting 7800 Rupees off. So it comes down to 31200 Rupees which is still too high. Compare that to Acko whose basic premium is just around 8500 Rupees and then additional NCB discount of 1700 Rupees for the same IDV.
That seems very high. Check with other X-Line owners in the Seltos official thread to see how much they have paid for it.

Last edited by rx100 : 4th August 2024 at 14:37.
Old 4th August 2024, 18:22   #5725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dealership seems to be making their cut in base premium amount. I checked on ICICI website and it shows around 30k for own-damage policy with 20% NCB and basically every add-on selected except tyre cover. IDV is 18.1 lakh. The base premium after NCB is under Rs. 7000.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-img_2349.jpeg

Ps. this is for a Chandigarh-registered 2023 Seltos X-Line I saw parked across the street.

Last edited by self_driven : 4th August 2024 at 18:31.
Old 4th August 2024, 18:45   #5726
BHPian

Quote:
Dealership seems to be making their cut in base premium amount. I checked on ICICI website and it shows around 30k for own-damage policy with 20% NCB and basically every add-on selected except tyre cover. IDV is 18.1 lakh. The base premium after NCB is under Rs. 7000.

Attachment 2636615

Ps. this is for a Chandigarh-registered 2023 Seltos X-Line I saw parked across the street.

Why am I getting such a high price even on their website ? It's strange. This is for my seltos xline. The idv was 17.1 lakh.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-screenshot_20240804_184239_chrome.jpg  

Old 4th August 2024, 19:41   #5727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why am I getting such a high price even on their website ? It's strange. This is for my seltos xline. The idv was 17.1 lakh.
Is your car a diesel? If yes, that could be the reason. The quote I have shared is for a petrol automatic. Try changing vehicle details to select petrol X-Line and you'll see the base premium drop.

Premiums for diesel car are much higher than petrol ones. So I guess that's something you have to live with.

Last edited by self_driven : 4th August 2024 at 19:49.
Old 4th August 2024, 19:50   #5728
BHPian

Quote:
Premiums for diesel car are generally much higher than petrol ones. So I guess that's something you have to live with.
My Alcazar premium of 20.5K which I shared few posts above was for diesel car only.
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 20:30   #5729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Alcazar premium of 20.5K which I shared few posts above was for diesel car only.
Thanks for clarifying. Mine was a petrol Seltos (13k premium for 9.13 lakh IDV). I clearly remember a 25-30% increase in base premium when I changed the fuel type to diesel for the same variant. But 3x increase in OP's case is indeed surprising. Since this variation is on the company's official portal, it seems that is how things have been set internally and there's nothing one can do about it.

Sorry for creating unnecessary confusion. I think it would be better for the OP to take this discussion to official X-Line review thread, where actual owners will be able to provide their inputs.
Old 4th August 2024, 22:38   #5730
BHPian

Quote:
Is your car a diesel? If yes, that could be the reason. The quote I have shared is for a petrol automatic. Try changing vehicle details to select petrol X-Line and you'll see the base premium drop.

Premiums for diesel car are much higher than petrol ones. So I guess that's something you have to live with.
Well yes, I tried but its not a drastic drop just about 20% less. I find Acko to be the best and on going deep into the reviews I found they were mixed. Most of the negative reviewers were from people whose claims were rejected because they tried to claim it for two or more different areas of the car which most other insurances will also reject.

Some one here suggested I pretend to be another Kia car owner and call the showroom from another number to know if they offer cashless claim for my fake car that is already insured with acko. If they yes, I'll go ahead with acko insurance itself.

Quote:
Sorry for creating unnecessary confusion. I think it would be better for the OP to take this discussion to official X-Line review thread, where actual owners will be able to provide their inputs.
Well that was the first place I tried to get some answers. I came to this thread for more clarity after that.

Most Viewed