Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 10:14   #5281
BANNED

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Is it possible to take own damage and third party insurance from different companies? My current insurance policy still have 2 more years TP insurance left, so wondering if i will have to renew own damage insurance mandatorily from same company for next 2 years or i can explore options of better quotes from other companies?
Of course, you can take an OD only policy from any insurer. Check out policybazaar and coverfox for OD policies, they will call you back and help you out too.
Old 12th September 2022, 10:51   #5282
Distinguished - BHPian

Any suggestions to get 3rd party sites/organizations handling insurance sales to update their records for car ownership records? It's been 4+ years of my selling my Vento (Vahan portal tells me it's already gone to the 3rd owner) but I still keep getting email alerts and calls from sites like PolicyBazaar and VW Pune service desks reminding me for upcoming service and/or insurance renewals.

In spite of me telling them that the car has been sold in the past, I still keep getting these calls & emails every year. Open to hear workaround suggestions.
Old 12th September 2022, 16:48   #5283
Senior - BHPian

I have a new car insurance from ICICI Lombard which is coming up for renewal (own damage). Along with other add-ons, I also have return to invoice cover. However during renewal, it is not showing up as an option. Have called customer care couple of times but they are also not able to help. In fact, they are advising me against it since they think I might not know what that cover entails, so according to them it is unnecessary. Anyway, I know I want it but the customer care person is not able to add this cover and not able to send quote to me. Every time I call them, standard answer is that their back end team would call me but no one does.

I also reached out to HDFC ERGO over the phone/on their website. There is no issue whatsoever to opt for any cover I want including the RTI and they have already shared the quote with all inclusions I requested.

I am inclined to continue with icici as I had good claim experience with them in the past and would prefer to continue same OD and TP companies.

Mind you, I don't have any claims during the year.
I'm wondering why ICICI is not able to be offer me same add-on which I already have. Whereas HDFC is so easy to deal with.

Is there anything going on here which I am not able to understand? Anyone had faced similar issue?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 12th September 2022 at 16:50.
Old 12th September 2022, 17:20   #5284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Is there anything going on here which I am not able to understand? Anyone had faced similar issue?
Since it is a new car (just a year old), most insurers will usually provide RTI cover. If ICICI Lombard is unwilling to provide it, I suggest you go ahead with another company.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 20:02   #5285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Since it is a new car (just a year old), most insurers will usually provide RTI cover. If ICICI Lombard is unwilling to provide it, I suggest you go ahead with another company.
Someone senior called from ICICI Lombard and said that company offers RTI cover only for the first year (new car) and not in subsequent years.

Can someone here in the forum confirm if that's true? Has anyone got RTI for second year onwards from ICICI Lombard?
Old 13th September 2022, 04:27   #5286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Someone senior called from ICICI Lombard and said that company offers RTI cover only for the first year (new car) and not in subsequent years.

Can someone here in the forum confirm if that's true? Has anyone got RTI for second year onwards from ICICI Lombard?
I have found the following on ICICI Lombard's website, so I guess the executive is right. Other insurance companies however offer this add-on for vehicles up to five years old.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-lombard.jpg  

bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 13:34   #5287

I think you have raised a problem that must be faced by many. If third party sites/organizations integrate their CRM's with Vahan/Vendors dealing with Vahan data, they can stop chasing renewals if they detect ownership change. To detect the change in ownership they would need the current owner serial number and any changes in the same at the time of renewal. So they have to maintain the versioning on their end by timely updating the ownership transfers both at the original issuance and at the time of renewal.

My sense is that large organizations already have integrations with Vahan as they use the same to auto-fill the data basis vehicle registration input. They just have to ping it again at the time of renewal and this problem can be fixed.
Old 13th September 2022, 13:50   #5288

Which add-on to offer to which segments of vehicle/customer is subject to company specific underwriting guidelines. ICICI Lombard might have changed their guidelines and restricted offering to new vehicles only. Just check with dealer from where you bought your new car, they might offer you RTI from ICICI Lombard itself, not sure of premium competitiveness though.

RTI triggers in case of theft and total loss and given these incidences are low in Bangalore than say Delhi/NCR, they could have offered it to you. But i am sure you will get various options as many companies offer it till age 3 to best of knowledge.
Surge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 15:31   #5289

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Any suggestions to get 3rd party sites/organizations handling insurance sales to update their records for car ownership records? It's been 4+ years of my selling my Vento (Vahan portal tells me it's already gone to the 3rd owner) but I still keep getting email alerts and calls from sites like PolicyBazaar and VW Pune service desks reminding me for upcoming service and/or insurance renewals.

In spite of me telling them that the car has been sold in the past, I still keep getting these calls & emails every year. Open to hear workaround suggestions.
Insurers generally maintain the event of vehicle sales as they give NCB certificate to the seller and ensures nil NCB goes to the new buyers. Aggregator websites just have to seek and collate this data from the participant insurers and integrate with their CRM, to ensure renewal chase do not happen on the sellers.
Old 19th September 2022, 08:26   #5290
BHPian

Dear friends,

I have been using the Toyota protect plan which is zero dep. for my car for the last 10 years. Heard that they provide this policy only till 10th year.

Is there any other insurance provider who provides Zero dep. policy irrespective of the age of the car?
Old 19th September 2022, 08:45   #5291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
Dear friends,

I have been using the Toyota protect plan which is zero dep. for my car for the last 10 years. Heard that they provide this policy only till 10th year.

Is there any other insurance provider who provides Zero dep. policy irrespective of the age of the car?
You are lucky to get zero dep plan for 10 years. AFAIK, most companies stop offering zero dep after 3-5 years depending on the claim history.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 11:55   #5292
BHPian

I am about to renew 2nd year OD insurance for my car. If I have RTI cover, then does IDV really matter? Wil it be ok to choose IDV a bit lower to save some premium, since I have RTI cover
Old 21st September 2022, 11:20   #5293
BHPian

I have covered upsized tyres, alloys & few other body modifications as "non-electrical accessories" in my car insurance policy.

Now policy document just mentions "Rs. 60,000/- cover for non-electrical accessories", but does not mention accessory names anywhere in policy doc.

Is is regular practice? Or will be it safe to get accessory names endorsed in policy doc?
Old 23rd September 2022, 23:20   #5294

Quote:
I have covered upsized tyres, alloys & few other body modifications as "non-electrical accessories" in my car insurance policy.

Now policy document just mentions "Rs. 60,000/- cover for non-electrical accessories", but does not mention accessory names anywhere in policy doc.

Is is regular practice? Or will be it safe to get accessory names endorsed in policy doc?
Unfortunately, omitting explicit accessories details and mentioning only total value is regular practice to fasten the sale process. Generally invoice details are asked at the time of claims to verify the asset details. However you can share the invoice of the accessories with the insurer at policy issuance and ask them to add the accessories details in the policy schedule or add them via an Annexure. At the time of claim if it arises, this will save the hassle of searching for invoice and reduce one leg.
Old 24th September 2022, 06:38   #5295

Quote:
I am about to renew 2nd year OD insurance for my car. If I have RTI cover, then does IDV really matter? Wil it be ok to choose IDV a bit lower to save some premium, since I have RTI cover
You can do this to save the premium this year, but in next renewal you might not get RTI as insurers do not sell RTI beyond age 2 and reduced IDV taken this year will become a reference for determining next year's renewal IDV. So, in case of total loss/theft your benefit amount will get reduced. My advice would be go with the standard IDV suggested by the insurer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks