Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 15:57   #4486
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Any experience or review for Acko? The quote I'm getting is atleast Rs. 5,000 cheaper but my friendly agent tells me they don't have a garage network and claiming cashless is a pain. I'm still tempted to go with Acko considering all the tech talk and future of insurance idea that they're selling (plus they are 20% cheaper).
Old 25th March 2019, 16:12   #4487
BHPian

repeating my query from NCB thread.
Do I need to have a hard copy of the NCB letter for transfer?
All I have is a soft copy I got from the call centre and the new agency is insisting on having a hard copy.
Old 26th March 2019, 08:25   #4488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Any experience or review for Acko? The quote I'm getting is atleast Rs. 5,000 cheaper but my friendly agent tells me they don't have a garage network and claiming cashless is a pain. I'm still tempted to go with Acko considering all the tech talk and future of insurance idea that they're selling (plus they are 20% cheaper).
You can get more reviews of Acko in this thread. Post your query here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...y-reviews.html (Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
repeating my query from NCB thread.
Do I need to have a hard copy of the NCB letter for transfer?
All I have is a soft copy I got from the call centre and the new agency is insisting on having a hard copy.
Check my response in the NCB thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post4564684 (ARTICLE: No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums!)
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 12:43   #4489
BANNED

Okay guys, here is my looooonnnnnnng claim story with Reliance General Insurance.
Accident date: 16 March 2019
Accident time: 13:00
Insurer: Reliance General Insurance

What happened?
At around 60 kph, I am moving parallel to a truck. Suddenly a dimwit motorcyclist decided to come in front of the truck from a gap in the median. This resulted in the truck driver applying brakes and swerving to left, where I was driving. I quickly turned left and ended up with an underbody hit.

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-whatsapp-image-20190316-13.54.18.jpeg
Don't go by that shiny exterior, I washed and waxed it 3 hours prior to accident, and yes; that's a TBHP sticker on number plate

Damages:
Bumper scratched, bulkhead, radiator

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-whatsapp-image-20190316-15.35.43.jpeg
How was RSA?
I must appreciate that it was quick, within 45 minutes of the crash, the car was on the truck.

Now starts the harrowing experience (Get your blanket and pillows, it's long and boring)
Okay, my car was dropped to VW NCR East service station in Sahibabad. As soon as the truck entered the place, I was sure that we are at a wrong address. VW service stations don't service such a large number of cars. Maybe Maruti? Well, all around were the logos those looked like they love cheating (both emission and customers); so I was assured that I am at the right place.

First thing the guy who grabbed my car key did was 'start the car', now imagine this situation. I am telling them that my wife is shot in the head and first thing they do is check the depth of the shot!!

After 5 seconds the man understood that there is no coolant in the car and he won't be able to take it to his in-law's house today after the customer is gone.

The car is repaired in 3 days
Survey happened the next day and the repair work was done within 4 days (Holi break in between, hence delay of a day). Now the car is ready on Saturday (23rd March), and I am yet to receive it.

Me: Bhagwan ke liye meri gaadi chhod do! (Leave my car for God's sake)
They: Bhagwan ke liye chhod denge, toh hum kya chalayenge? (If we leave it for God, what will we have fun with?)

Now it's already 4 days and my car isn't getting delivered, because the insurance surveyor hasn't yet provided the DO or delivery order.

Tell me what to do?
Now someone suggest me, how to proceed? I have 3 methods:
  • Wait!
  • Watch movies and wait!
  • File a complaint and wait!

Fact sheet:
  • Bill has been sent to the surveyor 2 days back
  • Surveyor claims that their Reliance General software isn't working!

Requesting the jury to drop in their suggestions. I am in no hurry to get the car, but still, I would like to have it home asap.

Last edited by VKumar : 27th March 2019 at 12:56.
Old 27th March 2019, 13:12   #4490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Okay guys, here is my looooonnnnnnng claim story with Reliance General Insurance..
Call reliance general at the number you see in whatever email they sent you when the claim was filed. There will be the surveyor number and then some individual from the insurer. Call that person and ask him. I suppose the surveyor hasn't even filed everything yet.
Old 27th March 2019, 16:32   #4491
Senior - BHPian

How is New India Assurance in NCR? Do they offer cashless facility at Honda workshops?

My car's insurance is expiring on 31st March.

With IDV of 7.50L, zero NCB and Zero Depreciation Addon, New India Assurance's premium is Rs.14,400 on policybazaar.

Whereas, it is showing Rs.17,368 for Digit insurance. For better ones like Bajaj Allianz, Iffco-Tokio, premium is in the range of 28-29k.

Which one should I go for?
Old 27th March 2019, 21:20   #4492
Distinguished - BHPian

Can i get an add on cover if i am making an international trip? Like to bhutan or nepal? I did not take the add on cover when renewing, but is it possible to do so now? Insurer in question is new india.
Old 27th March 2019, 23:20   #4493
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Which one should I go for?
Go with the one which provides cashless facility nationally with Honda service stations and just don't forget to take one with RSA; towing charges at times end up higher than repair itself.

Trust me man, the 10,000 you spend more will save you from immeasurable headache if ever things go out of sync.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 10:46   #4494
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Call reliance general at the number you see in whatever email they sent you when the claim was filed.
Thanks a lot sirji, did the same and got the car delivered yesterday.

Here comes another part of the story:
There is a component in the bill which they have charged my insurance for, and that's a good amount too.

But when I was doing some DIY in the morning, I discovered that there is still the same old component. In other words, I have the bill of a new component and a car with the old component. What am I supposed to do now?

In addition, I noticed that one horn has also conked off, probably nobody checked the horn and I discovered it only when I was driving last night that only one horn is working. In the morning, I removed fog lamp and tried to see if anything can be done - all in vain. Is it possible to claim the same now?
Old 28th March 2019, 11:38   #4495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Here comes another part of the story:
There is a component in the bill which they have charged my insurance for, and that's a good amount too.

But when I was doing some DIY in the morning, I discovered that there is still the same old component.
Escalate to the car manufacturer on their complaints number. Copy the insurer on this as well so they can take it up with the dealership. At any rate the dealer will have some fun paperwork to complete with both the manufacturer and the insurer.
Old 29th March 2019, 00:28   #4496
BHPian

My friend would like to cancel his HDFC Ergo RTI insurance and change it into only third party insurance as the car is going to be parked in a closed garage for the next 12 months. He’s been deputed to a foreign country and has no plans of selling the car. Please advise on how long it takes and the process. He would like to get it done before he leaves in a week.

Last edited by manjith_pm : 29th March 2019 at 00:29. Reason: Added insurance company name
Old 29th March 2019, 08:29   #4497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
My friend would like to cancel his HDFC Ergo RTI insurance and change it into only third party insurance as the car is going to be parked in a closed garage for the next 12 months. He’s been deputed to a foreign country and has no plans of selling the car. Please advise on how long it takes and the process. He would like to get it done before he leaves in a week.
The best way is to ask HDFC. After the documents are submitted to them to convert the policy, his being or not being in the country shouldn't make any difference.
Old 29th March 2019, 09:22   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
as the car is going to be parked in a closed garage for the next 12 months.
On an unrelated note, how do you keep it in running condition if it's locked up for that long!
Old 29th March 2019, 13:54   #4499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the car is going to be parked in a closed garage for the next 12 months.
Then is there any need to insure it at all?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 18:16   #4500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
On an unrelated note, how do you keep it in running condition if it's locked up for that long!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...dos-donts.html (Long-term Parking : Do's and Don'ts)
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks