Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2017, 22:16   #4036
BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

I want to renew my car insurance with Iffco-Tokio with depreciation waiver and road side assistance (only options available online). When I contacted the customer care, they informed me that the company does not cover the consumables. But the agent is telling me that is available by paying extra money. Now I am confused whether the company covers consumables, tires and alloy wheels, when I take the depreciation waiver. I could not find any info online. Anyone who has knowledge about Iffco-Tokio can comment please. This will help in taking the insurance from this company, otherwise I need to choose others. Thanks.
Old 21st June 2017, 19:15   #4037
Team-BHP Support

How can I edit the contact details on the insurance policy?

I got the insurance on my dad's City renewed through an agent on New India Assurance.

But the policy has the address that we bought the car on (needs to be changed to current address) and my telephone number (needs to be changed to my dads).

This may not be a big deal, especially since the phone no. on file is mine, but I have the itch to have the correct details updated.
Old 22nd June 2017, 00:36   #4038

Quote:
Originally Posted by amutreja View Post
Experts, Just a quick question - I renewed my year old Baleno's insurance for 2017-18 (Switched from National to Bharti AXA) from Policy Bazaar. I could see variation in IDV (Insured Value / Cover) from different companies and it wasn't standardized to 10% less from previous IDVs. Being a low risk taker, I chose the one with the lowest IDV and hence, the lowest premium.
Can Anyone please help me out here ?

Last edited by ampere : 22nd June 2017 at 07:05.
Old 8th July 2017, 04:48   #4039
BHPian

Re: Airbags: All you need to know!

Moderator : please move my query to the appropriate thread in case this is not the correct destination. Thanks.

I have a 2015 model Hyundai i20, which unfortunately got submerged in a flash flood about a month ago. After removing the water inside the car I drove it to the Hyundai workshop where I was told that water had entered the airbag control Module and I would have to get it replaced by paying 30.4K.
When the insurance surveyor inspected the vehicle it was already dry and hence, rejected the claim as there was no signs of waterlogging.
Please guide me on:
1. Is it true that the airbag control module went bust because I drove the car to the workshop instead of towing it? Would towing have helped save the module?
2. How to approach IRDA or any other grievance cell which will have the power to look into this matter?
3. Is it possible to buy this module from other sources ?

Many thanks for your reply in advance.
Old 8th July 2017, 11:48   #4040
Distinguished - BHPian

Insurance experts, please advise:

Say if I get the registration number changed of a car (due to change of state) which is already covered by the insurance carrying some NCB, how do we go about this change with the insurer?

Thanks in anticipation of advice.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 8th July 2017, 16:10   #4041
Senior - BHPian

Send them a copy of the old and new rc books along with a copy of your policy and some ID and address proof if required (eg Aadhaar) as you have changed your address as well when moving out of state.

Please call your broker and he should be able to guide you in what the specific procedure is.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 20:34   #4042
BHPian

Hi Guys - I recently purchased a used car and have got the RC transferred to my name. When I called Bharti Axa regarding insurance transfer, they said that I have to bring the car to their office for inspection and complete a few more paperwork to get the insurance transferred.

The insurance is valid only up to Aug 6th. So can I just take a fresh insurance giving my name as the owner from any other insurer, instead of transferring the present insurance? Will this cause any issues with claims in future?
Old 26th July 2017, 01:25   #4043
SKB
BHPian

Re: Insurance Renewal -- query

Hi All,

My Honda Jazz CVT is up for insurance reneweal and I was hoping if experts here can please let me know the quote given by my provider is good to go with.
Mine is Bajaj Allianz
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-insurance_policy.jpg  

Old 26th July 2017, 06:15   #4044
Senior - BHPian

If it is an older than 2..3 year old car you will still have to present the vehicle for inspection to the insurer even if you get a new policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Hi Guys - I recently purchased a used car and have got the RC transferred to my name. When I called Bharti Axa regarding insurance transfer, they said that I have to bring the car to their office for inspection and complete a few more paperwork to get the insurance transferred.

The insurance is valid only up to Aug 6th. So can I just take a fresh insurance giving my name as the owner from any other insurer, instead of transferring the present insurance? Will this cause any issues with claims in future?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 08:59   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If it is an older than 2..3 year old car you will still have to present the vehicle for inspection to the insurer even if you get a new policy.
Hi. I have changed insurance provider twice in the last 3 years for my 6 year old car. I have never had to take car for inspection. And when I buy insurance online, the policy document reaches me in about 10 days without any inspection.

Just curious: Is the inspection mandatory or depends on company policy?
Old 26th July 2017, 09:12   #4046
Senior - BHPian

When there is an ownership change rather than same owner switching providers all insurers that I've known ask to inspect the vehicle
Old 26th July 2017, 15:33   #4047
BHPian

I recently booked RE 350 and the liability only package is about 2500 rupees cheaper than the comprehensive. The sales exec. at RE dealership is telling me that I cannot get liability only for a new vehicle. I understand that this is true for a vehicle bought on loan as the bank will want to secure it's asset. But is there any valid reason why I cannot just get the liability or third party only insurance for a new vehicle bought with cash?
Old 27th July 2017, 00:13   #4048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Hi All,

My Honda Jazz CVT is up for insurance reneweal and I was hoping if experts here can please let me know the quote given by my provider is good to go with.
Mine is Bajaj Allianz
Couple of questions first.

What is your vehicle age (Manufacturing year as on the RC) and registration city?

The quote is provided by the dealer or any insurance agent or online?

Add on premium consists of which add on covers?
Old 27th July 2017, 01:47   #4049
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Couple of questions first.

What is your vehicle age (Manufacturing year as on the RC) and registration city?

The quote is provided by the dealer or any insurance agent or online?

Add on premium consists of which add on covers?

Hi,

Manufacturing date for my car is July 2015, and the car is registered in Hyderabad.

Bajaj agent from showroom sent me the.I bought the insurance from them when I purchased my car

I am not sure what is covered in add on premium.I will call the agent tomorrow for more information.
Old 28th July 2017, 00:19   #4050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Hi,

Manufacturing date for my car is July 2015, and the car is registered in Hyderabad.

Bajaj agent from showroom sent me the.I bought the insurance from them when I purchased my car

I am not sure what is covered in add on premium.I will call the agent tomorrow for more information.
The premium seems to be on the higher side since they have given you 30% discount on your OD premium.

If you are buying from the showroom itself, I presume it's Honda Assure insurance with Bajaj being a partner in it. If my knowledge serves me right, the maximum discount available on Honda Jazz is 45% in the program. Negotiate more with the agent and he will have to provide you the same.

Talk to your agent in terms of this discounting thing and chances are that he might reel in and reveal the max discount available.

Also, seek a clarification on the add on covers provided in the policy since the premium for add on seems to be on the higher side. In Honda Assure, zero depreciation and engine protector add on covers are sold as a single add on product. But, looking at the premium, they might be offering you more.

Hope this helps!

Most Viewed