Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2016, 20:39   #3721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Update for my Swift accidnet :
I got my Swift back on 16-June-2016.
Total damage to pocket : Rs. 2800+1500 ( for towing ).
Experience wasn't exactly bad and in any case I had to give the document signed and handed over to surveyor. Post that, the payment was processed and my car was ready to be delivered to me.

I had taken insurance from Maruti ( tie up of Maruti with New India Assurance ), no parts were given back to me. Also, the towing amount of Rs. 1500/- wasn't deducted from the total bill of Rs. 2800/- which I had to pay to Kiran Motors for Gas charging, etc. Upon inquiry with the surveyor, he told me that my car's suspension wasn't damaged, radiator was OK, condenser was OK so the car was in drive-able condition. Hence the towing charge could not be passed. As per him, damage was on headlight, right side member running upto strut mounting, bumper, grille and wiper washer container. This did not seem massive enough, hence towing amount was not deducted. Am not aware if this is right or wrong, but the car is with me, running fine.

I hope the above information or experience is helpful to readers. I think I lost Rs. 1500/- but thats OK with me.
Shall post my entire experience in Accidents in India thread. And I don't think I will change the insurance company now. The cashless is really a nice facility IMO. Earlier I had posted in Swift test drive and review thread about my plans to change the insurance company.

EDIT : The total cost of repair was Rs. 28xxx ( paid by Insruance )+ 2800 ( A/C gas, etc.) which I had to pay + 1500 ( towing ).

Last edited by aaggoswami : 19th June 2016 at 20:41.
Old 1st July 2016, 18:25   #3722

I am buying a new car (Celerio) and trading in the old one (Santro) with the dealer. Bharti AXA is the old car's insurer. Bharti is insisting on Form 29/30 to issue the NCB certificate. However, the dealer says delivery receipt is enough. And, he can issue Form 29/30 only when they can sell my old car. Can someone advise whose version is correct? Any links that can help me convince Bharti to issue NCB certificate, will be useful. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd July 2016, 17:39   #3723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
I am buying a new car (Celerio) and trading in the old one (Santro) with the dealer. Bharti AXA is the old car's insurer. Bharti is insisting on Form 29/30 to issue the NCB certificate. However, the dealer says delivery receipt is enough. And, he can issue Form 29/30 only when they can sell my old car. Can someone advise whose version is correct? Any links that can help me convince Bharti to issue NCB certificate, will be useful. Thanks in advance.
Insurance co version is the correct one. Ideally any Insurance co would provide NCB either on the changed onwership proof i.e RC or applied for change of ownership proof i.e Form 29/30. So I would suggest to get the dealer sign the Form 29/30 and submit to the Insurance co for the NCB certificate. Delivery note is not the proof Insurance co would accept for issuing the NCB certificate.

Any idea how would you absolve your liability on your old car by just exchanging the car at the dealer?
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 21:08   #3724

Thank you. I now understand why insurance company insists on Form 29/30. An option the sales manager gave me seems to be ok.
1. I need to convert the comprehensive insurance to just 3rd party liability and take an NCB from Bharti. That NCB certificate can be used for new car
2. aapparently, the delivery note will confirm that my old car's responsibility is transferred to the dealer

Thanks again
Old 4th July 2016, 08:06   #3725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
1. I need to convert the comprehensive insurance to just 3rd party liability and take an NCB from Bharti. That NCB certificate can be used for new car
2. aapparently, the delivery note will confirm that my old car's responsibility is transferred to the dealer
Please note that for:
1) You will not get a NCB certificate per say but an endorsement by the Insurance co about your NCB eligibility on an application made by you. Better, let the old car continue having the comprehensive insurance. If you still intend to convert the Insurance to TPL only, you will have to payback to the Insurance co the NCB amount claimed for the policy year on pro rata basis.
2) Not quite correct. Unless the change of ownership happens, the car will be registered in your name only and any thing to happen to the old car will still be your responsibility.
Old 6th July 2016, 09:10   #3726
BHPian

Recently I got my car insurance renewed. ( I changed the insurance provider). I emailed them my previous insurance copy to fill in the values. They wrote engine no in chassis no section and chassis no in engine no section. ( The actual value is correct. But its interchanged). I failed to notice this before the online payment. I called him up and he told me not to worry. Can the experts tell me if this can lead to some issue?
Old 6th July 2016, 14:44   #3727
BHPian

For the first time in my life, I'll be claiming insurance on my car through New India Assurance. My car met with an minor accident last week and I am given total estimate of INR 45,000. The policy is offline policy and I'll have to pay the full amount to the workshop and then claim from Insurance. My queries are as follows:-

1. My car is almost 3.5 yrs old. How much will be depreciated on metal and plastic parts. If I read it correctly, 25% on metal and 50% on plastic will be depreciated.

2. After 3.5 yrs, can I change my Insurance Company? I want something like cashless and with 0 depreciation. Also someone told me that something like "Alternate Car Policy" is also available, which pays you for the period of days one didn't have his own vehicle with him.

3. I don't mind paying few extra bucks for safety of insurance. Which is the best insurance company to go for above mentioned requirements?

4. For a insurance policy changeover, what will be the vehicle IDV? The last IDV by the previous insurer? Or it will be calculated afresh? Any way to get it increased?

P.S. Vehicle is 2012 Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT. More doubts may follow.
Old 7th July 2016, 08:40   #3728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Can the experts tell me if this can lead to some issue?
Even if the Insurance guys say that it will not be an issue, better get it rectified at the earliest. Why did you not opt for renewing the Insurance online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
1. My car is almost 3.5 yrs old. How much will be depreciated on metal and plastic parts. If I read it correctly, 25% on metal and 50% on plastic will be depreciated.
Check the Insurance policy for the depreciation rates, it will be clearly mentioned.
Quote:
2. After 3.5 yrs, can I change my Insurance Company? I want something like cashless and with 0 depreciation. Also someone told me that something like "Alternate Car Policy" is also available, which pays you for the period of days one didn't have his own vehicle with him.
You cannot change the Insurance policy mid year. During the next renewal, you can opt for zero depreciation add on cover. The alternate car policy is again an add on cover and will cost you if you want to opt for it. Before you opt for it, read the terms and conditions to make sure the services which will be provided.

Quote:
3. I don't mind paying few extra bucks for safety of insurance. Which is the best insurance company to go for above mentioned requirements?
You need to opt for an Insurance co which is good when it comes to handling claims. The best people to tell you this are the workshop guys. Enquire with which Insurance co does the workshop have a cashless tie up and based on the response from workshop, buy the policy online. Will be cheaper that opting with an agent.

Quote:
4. For a insurance policy changeover, what will be the vehicle IDV? The last IDV by the previous insurer? Or it will be calculated afresh? Any way to get it increased?
During the renewal, ensure that the IDV for the coming year will be 10% less IDV than last year. Ideally it should be calculated as ex showroom cost of the variant less the % depreciation based on year of ownership, but rarely the Insurance co goes by this rule. Don't over insure your car by increasing the IDV, you pay additional premium plus would be an issue in specific case of total loss or Constructive total loss. Stick to correct IDV.
ghodlur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 16:50   #3729
BHPian

My dealer just gave a quote of 27k for 2nd year B2B insurance for my Punto
Is this normal, considering I had a couple of claims last year?
Insurer - New India Assurance, IDV - 644,000.
Old 22nd July 2016, 17:44   #3730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
he told me that my car's suspension wasn't damaged, radiator was OK, condenser was OK so the car was in drive-able condition. Hence the towing charge could not be passed. As per him, damage was on headlight, right side member running upto strut mounting, bumper, grille and wiper washer container. This did not seem massive enough, hence towing amount was not deducted. Am not aware if this is right or wrong, .
Absolutely WRONG. these surveyors will go any length to save few bucks for their company. How did he expect you know that the car was in a drive-able condition? Only when the car was put on the ramp and the parts removed/observed is when this could have been confirmed.

Write to Maruti insurance (email should be available on their website) and explain to them that this is not acceptable. I am sure they will refund part of the amount, if not the full one.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 08:41   #3731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
My dealer just gave a quote of 27k for 2nd year B2B insurance for my Punto
Is this normal, considering I had a couple of claims last year?
Insurer - New India Assurance, IDV - 644,000.
Is this on online quote or an offline one (through agent)? Since you already had a couple of claims, your NCB is zero. The Insurer now sees you as a high risk customer and hence the higher than normal premium. The best you can do is get the online quotes from the Insurers who have a cashless tie up with Fiat workshop. If most of the quotes are in the same range, then the premium is correctly calculated. Just ensure that the IDV mentioned for the renewal is 10% less than last year's.
Old 30th July 2016, 22:38   #3732
BHPian

I am trying to check quotes for a new car insurance and came across something I wanted to share here and get responses.

TATA AIG --- B2B (add ons -- RSA, PA-7, legal liability)
1. Dealer provided quote -- b/w 32k - 41k based with 0 dep.
2. Online -- for the same data I get around 26k nett, Gold Package (includes key replacement, loss of personal belongings & Emergency Transport and Hotel). When I use the quotation number and revisit the site, the cost becomes 41k nett. (without any changes)

Now, from online, I dont know if this is 0 dep, doesnt show any other addons (though the site mentions 12 unique add ons), and why the cost climbs >75% from previous visit to the site.

Last edited by sawah : 30th July 2016 at 22:47. Reason: Gold package details
Old 31st July 2016, 00:23   #3733
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to file a case against Bajaj Allianz, as they have not really given me the original NCB that should have been for 3 years! I realized, and moved away from them this year. I still have the payment details, and their NCB percentage on the policy with me, how do I proceed from here?
Old 1st August 2016, 04:36   #3734
SKB
BHPian

Hi guys,I am newbie here and this is my first renew of my Jazz.I am going tomorrow to renew my insurance.Can you guys please take a look and let me know your opinion on quote.
Attached Thumbnails
Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-1470006358203.jpg  

Old 1st August 2016, 07:52   #3735
BHPian

Friends, I have recently sold off one of my cars which was comprehensively insured upto Feb 2017 with Bharti Axa. The buyer will do his own insurance. I have approached Bhart Axa with the Form 29/30, Delivery Note, to cancel the insurance and refund the premium but the company wants to see an alternate policy before doing this. Alternate policy will be done by the buyer at his own time. That means I have to chase the buyer to insure his vehicle and give me a copy. Is Bharti Axa correct in demanding the policy of the buyer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks