Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 21:15   #3391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyawaghmare View Post
Please post your experience when you finalize one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

IMHO Royal Sundaram is not at all shady when it comes to claims settlement - two self experiences which were very satisfactory.
Thank you so much for the advise guys. I have gone with Royal Sundaram. Premium was 23,515 Rs. 0 Dep policy with unlimited claims ( Obviously I won't take more than 1 but it's nice to know that they are providing this to their customers )

ICICI kept hounding me with calls , but I just told him point blank in the face that they do not have the same interest or zeal during claims settlement as they have while selling their policy.
Old 12th August 2015, 07:58   #3392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Now while getting a quote, I am being told that I cannot take a zero dep. insurance after the third year from Maruti. Whereas, I am getting quotes from other insurers from policy bazaar.

Can someone please shed some light on why I am not getting Zero dep. insurance from Maruti and what are the pros and cons of buying zero dep. insurance from outside.
May be the policy of Maruti does not allow zero dep add on cover to be provided for vehicle with more than 3 yrs of ownership. Thats not new. Many Insurance co have the same policy. But there are Insurance co who provide zero dep add on cover for more than 3 yrs vehicle ownership and upto 5 yrs but provided they want to give you the addon cover. There is no rule saying that they will have to give you the add on cover. Generally insurance co do look at the previous claims history and accordingly offer you the add on cover.

IIRC Maruti does not have an Insurance division of its own, it ties up with few well known industry players and brands their policy as its own. Check out with the Maruti workshop with which Insurance co do they have cashless tie ups. Accordingly check the quotes with those Insurers if they provide zero dep add on cover. There are no cons of not buying Insurance from Maurti.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 09:40   #3393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I was renewing my insurance for the fiesta, and entered all the correct details.
I got a quote, picked out fiesta 1.6 SXi petrol from the options, and renewed the insurance. I got the soft copy of the cover note, and then saw that the cc mentioned is 1400.
As far as I know, There IS not petrol 1.4 "fiesta 1.6 SXi ".
What to do now?
Ive already mailed them the error.
Well, a full refund came through after I asked the Policybachat idiots to involve Iffcotokio for a second time. First time they brought in some lady from their parent firm. On the dot of 9 days promised, the full amount was back on my card.
Ended up going back to my agent guy for a regular process.
Old 12th August 2015, 10:02   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post

Duster RXZ (O) CSD Price : Rs 1137694.00 and Insurance (Zero Dep) : Rs 33650.00
Vento 1.2 TSI Highline CSD Price : Rs 959745.00 and Insurance (Zero Dep) : Rs 59338.00

Can anybody explain how this difference
Do not go by the dealer quotes, try to check online, CSD rates may not be applicable online, if so you can contact the development officer or area manager of one of the insurance cos. As a defence person your job is transferable, so go in for a company which has an all India tieup, and not local level.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 14:09   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have to renew my car's (Ritz) insurance by 2nd September, 2015. My insurer for first three years was New India Assurance.
Now while getting a quote, I am being told that I cannot take a zero dep. insurance after the third year from Maruti. Whereas, I am getting quotes from other insurers from policy bazaar.

Can someone please shed some light on why I am not getting Zero dep. insurance from Maruti and what are the pros and cons of buying zero dep. insurance from outside.
AFAIK, the only difference that 0-dep insurance taken from outside of Maruti would be the network of garages for cashless reimbursement or such add-on services.

In any case, 0-dep is available for the first 5 years and don't be surprised if you find the difference between 0-dep and comprehensive insurance increasing exponentially in the 4th and 5th year.

Please refer to earlier posts though, finalizing your insurance weeks in advance can help you fetch discounts. You might give a try.
Old 30th August 2015, 20:48   #3396
BHPian

Hi, I got into an unfortunate accident with my pre-worshipped Optra Magnum owing to a bus closing my ovetaking move and my car's left side taking the complete brunt of the impact. Photo below:

Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me-20150830_114030800x450.jpg

Request assistance on the insurance aspect as I need to claim the same.

The insurance is from L&T and the car was purchased by me around 4 months back from its owner. Car is around 5yrs 8 months old and I am the third buyer(1st was a SAP labs, second was an individual and third is me) The insurance is in the name of the owner (the second buyer) and the RC is also still in the name of the owner (however, I had got the no clearance certificate from the RTO but haven't got time to get the RC changed to my name)

The car has been taken to Kropex Chevrolet and the insurance lady has put in the name of the previous owner for the claim and has said there should be any problem in claiming as I have a valid Driving licence and the name in insurer matches name in RC.

I would request for some help into whether Ill have any issue with the same or what should I do as the next step. The insurance surveyor is coming tomo/day after to assess the car and given the estimate.

Request help
Old 31st August 2015, 08:46   #3397
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to 'Upgrade' from regular insurance to "0 dep" if I haven't made any claims?

I have a Linea in its 6th year, last year Royal Sundaram gave me 0-Dep insurance, but this May (2015) they didn't have the offer.

Earlier this month, my Nano too came into its 6th year, and Royal Sundaram gave me a "0%-dep" policy stating they're now allowed to sell the same even for cars older than 5 years.

Does anyone know if it's possible to 'Upgrade' the insurance policy of my Linea from comprehensive to "0%-dep" along with some add-on's ?
Old 4th September 2015, 16:35   #3398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Is it possible to 'Upgrade' from regular insurance to "0 dep" if I haven't made any claims?

Does anyone know if it's possible to 'Upgrade' the insurance policy of my Linea from comprehensive to "0%-dep" along with some add-on's ?
You cannot buy any add on covers in between the policy year unless the Insurer has some special facilitation for the same. You can opt for them at the time of renewal of Insurance for your Linea.
Old 7th September 2015, 22:29   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post

I would request for some help into whether Ill have any issue with the same or what should I do as the next step. The insurance surveyor is coming tomo/day after to assess the car and given the estim

Tate.

Request help
Update on this. Any help would be appreciated.

Now the situation is like this. A week has passed, the surveyor took a look and realized that as the car was sold and RC not transferred, he has passed on approval to L&T directly.

Spoke to L&T today and the manager says that there is no insurable interest towards the claim as this is in a case where ownership is in the middle of transfer and there is no owner at this point. They have the RC extract where it seems it mentions the CC in my name. Also, I have not informed change of ownership within 14 days of sale which is the stipulated timeline.

He also said that he also cant take a call and has forwarded the same to their HQ for approval. He also asked me to write a mail to him explaining why the RC transfer wasnt made. I have mailed him that.

What should I do now? The quote provided by Kropex is 2.3 lakhs (it includes things which may not be necessary) so it makes paying out of pocket very very difficult. If the claim is denied, I may have to goto the consumer court I suppose.
Old 11th September 2015, 13:16   #3400
BHPian

Hi, A basic question - browsed the thread briefly, but couldnt find it (200+ pages :( )

Is it possible to transfer the no-claim bonus on an existing car to a new one (take advantage of 45/50% rebate on new car / full premium since IDV is huge) and buy a new insurance for the old car (whose IDV is very low & hence NCB does not matter much)?

Existing policy (for last 7-8 years) is with New India Assurance and the current approx premium is around 3.5K for the current car (after all discount + taxes + mandatory claims etc) due to the depreciated IDV.

I believe yes, but will be grateful if one of you clarify if this can be done and more useful if you can list the steps involved?
Old 11th September 2015, 13:26   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Is it possible to transfer the no-claim bonus on an existing car to a new one (take advantage of 45/50% rebate on new car / full premium since IDV is huge) and buy a new insurance for the old car (whose IDV is very low & hence NCB does not matter much)?

Existing policy (for last 7-8 years) is with New India Assurance and the current approx premium is around 3.5K for the current car (after all discount + taxes + mandatory claims etc) due to the depreciated IDV.
I like to quote from this thread :

Quote:
Q. Can NCB be transferred if I change my insurance company?
A. Yes. Your car carries the NCB; every company has to accept it.

Q. What is the procedure to transfer my existing NCB to new car insurance?
A. When you sell your car, you have to submit Form 29 & 30 to insurance company, which has information about buyer and seller including their signatures. This verifies that you have sold your car. Company then issues a No Claim Bonus Certificate which can be used on your new car.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 13:33   #3402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Yes, this is very much possible. Apply for a NCB certificate from the old car's Insurance co. Once you get it, use it to buy Insurance for your new car. For the old car during insurance renewal either buy the normal insurance or Third party Liability only insurance.

However point to be noted is any claims with the old car will have to completely borne by you in case you TPL Insurance. Also the NCB applicable on the old car will be of previous year's (since NCB will be updated only after the completion of the claim free policy year).
Old 14th September 2015, 14:28   #3403

Hi. I need to claim Insurance, and shortlisted 2 garages, Trend & Automechs (bangalore). One of them is part of a recommended list of the insurer, the other one is not. the insurer i could see was pushing me to go to their recommended name. Is there any advantage i.e., will the insurer approve possibly a higher amount, or will that make no diff. Thanks a ton for any help.
Old 15th September 2015, 13:50   #3404
BHPian

I am planning to buy a new car and am thinking of getting insurance cover with zero dep and consumables cover.

Does consumables cover include engine oil etc. and is it good to take?
Old 15th September 2015, 14:48   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway_beckons View Post
Hi. I need to claim Insurance, and shortlisted 2 garages, Trend & Automechs (bangalore). One of them is part of a recommended list of the insurer, the other one is not. the insurer i could see was pushing me to go to their recommended name. Is there any advantage i.e., will the insurer approve possibly a higher amount, or will that make no diff. Thanks a ton for any help.
Clearly the Insurer is more comfortable in dealing with the one which is on their list. The other garage might not be on their approved list due to whatever reasons. Dealing with known garage is always beneficial to the Insurer be it with amount, queries or anything related.

Any reason why you are not approaching the Authorized service centre of the car manufacturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am planning to buy a new car and am thinking of getting insurance cover with zero dep and consumables cover.

Does consumables cover include engine oil etc. and is it good to take?
It is always better to take the zero dep add on cover and the consumable cover along with the usual Insurance in the initial years of ownership.

Engine oil is listed as a consumable and will be under the consumable cover. below is the add on cover details from Tata AIG website. However pls read through the exclusions.

Quote:
Consumable Expenses: We will cover cost of consumables required to be replaced/replenished arising from an accident to the insured vehicle. Consumable for the purpose of this cover shall include engine oil, gear box oil, lubricants, nut & bolt, screw, distilled water, grease, oil filter, bearings, washers, clip, break oil, air conditioner gas and items of similar nature excluding fuel.
Exclusions:
1. Any consumable not associated with admissible Own Damage claim under section I (Own Damage) of the policy.
2. If there is no valid and admissible claim under section I (Own Damage) of the policy.
3. If vehicle is not repaired at Authorized garage

Most Viewed