Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 20:41   #2806
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Sorry mate, I guess you came in late. Most of the Insurance co offer zero dep for cars upto 5 years of ownership although a handful of them only. I havent heard of any Insurance co offering zero dep for more than 5 yrs old cars. I guess you might have to continue with the comprehensive Insurance as before. If you happen to come across anyone offering the same, pls do let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I think ghodlur is right. I have not seen any insurance company having Zero depreciation policy for 3+ years old car. Even if it is there, the premium might be huge. When I took Zero depreciation for a 2yr old car, the difference was around 5K.
Thanks ghodlur and arun - called the insurance folks today and came to know that only zero depreciation policies are only for cars less than 3 years old.
Still contemplating renewal of United India policy Vs Maruti insurance (they offer New India Assurance & Bajaj Allianz). Which would you recommend ?

Only advantage of taking it from Maruti is the (seemingly) seamless & cashless claims process.

*I haven't had any issues with United India so far, but they do not send renewal notices and I need to visit their office nearby which has not been an issue so far
Old 20th January 2014, 22:07   #2807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks ghodlur and arun - called the insurance folks today and came to know that only zero depreciation policies are only for cars less than 3 years old.
Still contemplating renewal of United India policy Vs Maruti insurance (they offer New India Assurance & Bajaj Allianz). Which would you recommend ?

Only advantage of taking it from Maruti is the (seemingly) seamless & cashless claims process.

*I haven't had any issues with United India so far, but they do not send renewal notices and I need to visit their office nearby which has not been an issue so far
As long as the repair cost is on the lower side, maruti insurance is fine. If there is an issue with the approval of repair cost/IDV payment, maruti will not interfere and you will have to fight with insurance company directly, this is from my current experience.
Old 21st January 2014, 08:13   #2808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Is this the case across any Maruti workshop & Maruti authorized Garages? If so then you can buy Insurance from them, if not I would suggest stick to private Insurers.
Old 21st January 2014, 08:26   #2809
Senior - BHPian

Team,

What is the depreciation schedule for cars ?

A 4 yr old car should depreciate by 40 % or 50 % ?

In other words, what should be the IDV of a car worth 5 Lacs (Ex Showroom) after 4Yrs ?

Last edited by F150 : 21st January 2014 at 08:28.
Old 21st January 2014, 10:19   #2810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What is the depreciation schedule for cars ?
A 4 yr old car should depreciate by 40 % or 50 % ?
In other words, what should be the IDV of a car worth 5 Lacs (Ex Showroom) after 4Yrs ?
Depreciation schedule given below. If the car has completed 4 yrs of wonership then the depreciation rate is 50% else its 40%. For a 5L car, the ideal IDV should be 40% less i.e Rs 3L ior if 50% then it will be 2.5L

THE SCHEDULE OF DEPRECIATION FOR FIXING IDV OF THE VEHICLE
AGE OF THE VEHICLE % OF DEPRECIATION FOR FIXING IDV
Not exceeding 6 months 5%

Exceeding 6 months but not exceeding 1 year 15%
Exceeding 1 year but not exceeding 2 years 20%
Exceeding 2 years but not exceeding 3 years 30%
Exceeding 3 years but not exceeding 4 years 40%

Exceeding 4 years but not exceeding 5 years 50%

IDV of vehicles beyond 5 years of age and of obsolete/discontinued models - Mutual understanding between Insurer and Insured
Old 22nd January 2014, 09:39   #2811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
Apart from what you mentioned any nut bolts or small items costing less then ₹100 is also considered as consumable item.
Radiator - metal
Hi, In the case of my punto insured with HDFC ergo. as per the service adviser:

1) the very expensive engine mount screws, will be consumables at INR514 each
2) radiator made of copper will be considered plastic, costs 5k, some metal pipes too, for the AC, are considered plastic!
3) ornaments and badges: consumables
4) Engine gasket : consumable 5k odd!!
5) 5% salvage on total claim

Can you advise? Salvage deduction is NO WHERE mentioned in policy documents. Can I fight?

The Insurance company has not yet given their final say, because the final invoice is yest to be generated.

Can you folks advise me please? It seems for a car yet to complete 2 years, a bill of 125000/- approx, I have to shell out 45K as per the SA...this doesn't quite make sense and I found out a few discrepancies on the primary estimate itself.

regards

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 22nd January 2014 at 09:46.
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:48   #2812
BHPian

Guys & Guru's
I am selling my car next month and the insurance is due by March'14 from New India.
Need help on the below queries.
  1. Can I transfer the same to the new owner?
  2. How long will it take for the transfer to happen?
  3. Can my new Owner claim the NCB for the renewal?
  4. What would be the procedure for doing this transfer?
  5. Can I get the form in Insurance site only or in RTO site?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:15   #2813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Need help on the below queries..
Replies to your queries:
  1. Can I transfer the same to the new owner? Yes, the Insurance needs to be transferred to the new owner
  2. How long will it take for the transfer to happen? 2-3 Days max. Suggest to apply for Insurance ownership change parallely with wonership change at RTO
  3. Can my new Owner claim the NCB for the renewal? No, NCB retains with you.
  4. What would be the procedure for doing this transfer? A simple application letter to the Insurance co accompanied by the proof of ownership transfer application receipt of RTO.
  5. Can I get the form in Insurance site only or in RTO site? No need of specific form, a plain application with neccessary attachment will suffice.
Hope this helps.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 18:57   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Answering your questions serially:
1) Since the previous insurance has expired, it will be like buying a fresh insurance. No need to get the insurance done on previous owner's name. You can buy it in your name provided the car ownership transfer formalities have been completed and the RC shows your name as the current owner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
Ghodlur: I beg to differ on point 1 and 3 explained to 0and1. Ownership change process takes approximately 10-12 days (min.). We should remember that car is without any insurance I.e, not .....................
Thank you both for these valuable inputs, I have got a couple of followup questions.

1. Tata Aig told me that I can get the insurance done at my name directly, with form 29 and 30. The transfer of paper is in process, and has not yet been submitted, so will the RTO require a active insurance in previous owners name or an insurance in my name would suffice for transfer?

2. I have attached the quotation for a 2010 Civic from Tata AIG with Pearl Cover, the IDV looks less? Can some gurus take a look at it and comment on the premium and IDV.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx AIGPearlCivic2010.xlsx (13.5 KB, 431 views)
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:47   #2815
BHPian

Have a query regarding insurance cancellation formalities. I recently tried cancelling my current car insurance policy that was with united India insurance to take a new policy with a friend who recently joined the insurance field. The united India guys however outright rejected my request saying it is not possible for them to do this unless I produce another policy for the same car to them. Now, is there any such rule or were they just trying to retain a customer?

Isn't it a customer's right to decide where he wants to take insurance from and cancel it when he doesn't plan to drive the car for a long time?
Thanks in advance guys, and please pardon my noob ish question.
Old 23rd January 2014, 08:20   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0and1 View Post
1. Tata Aig told me that I can get the insurance done at my name directly, with form 29 and 30. The transfer of paper is in process, and has not yet been submitted, so will the RTO require a active insurance in previous owners name or an insurance in my name would suffice for transfer?

2. I have attached the quotation for a 2010 Civic from Tata AIG with Pearl Cover, the IDV looks less? Can some gurus take a look at it and comment on the premium and IDV.
1. Form 29 & 30 are RTO ownership transfer forms, yes you can submit a copy of these forms to Insurance co to get the Insurance transferred in your name. But the receipt recd from RTO after submission of the ownership transfer document is a more valid document for insurance transfer. When transferring the ownership of the car, the previous owner's Insurance is a must. I hope you must be having that document or else get it from the previous owner. The RTO will not accept the Insurance in your name coz you cannot have an insurance for a car which you still dont own.
2. The IDV shown in the file - does it match the depreciation rate? To confirm get to know the present exshowroom cost of Civic model/variant and add depreciation of 40% and calculate the IDV. Also do you actually need so much add ons. Enquire with Tata about the cost of just the zero dep addon. Rest of the add on features you can live without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Isn't it a customer's right to decide where he wants to take insurance from and cancel it when he doesn't plan to drive the car for a long time?
Whether you plan to drive the car or not, you need to have a valid insurance on the car. You can simply buy a TPL only policy. Cancelling a valid Insurance document mid policy year to please a friend IMO is not a good option at all. Please take due diligence before you do that.
Old 23rd January 2014, 09:33   #2817
BHPian

Is comprehensive insurance + zero dep = Bumper to Bumper (zero dep) insurance policy ?.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:30   #2818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Is comprehensive insurance + zero dep = Bumper to Bumper (zero dep) insurance policy ?.
There is nothing called as Bumper to Bumper Insurance policy. Its usually a Comprehensive Insurance policy with zero dep as add on which makes it a bumper to bumper coverage.
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:05   #2819
BHPian

Best Insurance option for EcoSport TDCi Tit(O)

Hello,

I will be taking the delivery of my EcoSport sometime next week in Bangalore.

I am planning to buy the insurance on my own, but am absolutely clueless about how to go about it

Please suggest me the best available options and the further steps to follow. Ex showroom Bangalore is 9.92 lakhs.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated
Old 24th January 2014, 08:17   #2820
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Insurance option for EcoSport TDCi Tit(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
I am planning to buy the insurance on my own, but am absolutely clueless about how to go about it
Hi Congratulations on the purchase.
Firstly ask the Ford dealer/workshop with which Insurance co do they have a cashless tie up. Next visit the Insurance co websites for an online quote (I Hope you have the neccessary info such as engine no, RTO etc which nees to be entered online), compare the quotes recd. Choose the Insurance co which is Pan India and not local so that you may get the reqd assistance when travelling outside your city. Pay online and get the Insurance policy document printed. Provide one copy to the dealer to start the registration process.
Pls note - do select the zero dep add in the Insurance policy which may cost you additional premium amount over the normal but worth it since yours is a new purchase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks