Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 11:34   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Off topic post - Insurance

It's better to spend some more and stick to major players than to go for an economical (don't want to write cheap) one to save on headaches later. A so called cashless claim may become a headache in some cases. This holds true especially in tier 3 cities where their support is near non-existent.
BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 12:11   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Been hearing really good reviews for ACKO these days. Any BHPians who've opted for an ACKO policy here, please let us know how's the experience. Thanks in advance.
Acko is good. I've had a friend who has an Acko policy and have heard good things abou tit.
Professional, no drama process.

Same applies to DIgit insurance also.
I have 2 digit policies for both my cars & have made claims also, and can attest to this.

Do bear in mind that the support network for digit/acko is not as absolutely extensive as older players (for the simple reason that the older ones have been around longer)

So, just do go through the list of network garages, and check availability of network garages in Tier-3 towns or villages that you might visit often.

That's it!

Note - Do get engine protect/gearbox protect, return to invoice and also zero dep!
som9729 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 13:24   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

It's better to spend some more and stick to major players than to go for an economical (don't want to write cheap) one to save on headaches later. A so called cashless claim may become a headache in some cases. This holds true especially in tier 3 cities where their support is near non-existent.
Is this skepticism based on a bad experience? I had made a claim using Digit, and it was super smooth. I am in Pune, but the whole process was online, so I don't think it matters where you are. Heard good things about Acko as well (on this forum).
pseudo_coder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 13:58   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Is this skepticism based on a bad experience? I had made a claim using Digit, and it was super smooth. I am in Pune, but the whole process was online, so I don't think it matters where you are. Heard good things about Acko as well (on this forum).
Issue is when you go to authorized service centers and not to their recommended cash less garages. In case there is a material variance between the initial and final estimates, it requires lot of follow ups to get that settled. This may not be the case with their cashless garage. I have acko for my older car and I am ok with it. However, for a brand new car, I will be wary of going with them as I don't want my car to be repaired in any of their cashless garages. In that case, good old ICICI lombard and the likes works better. I went with ICICI lombard for my new THAR and they gave a very competitive quote. Ofcourse, ACKO was lesser by almost 7-8 K but still, I felt more at peace.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:06   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

It's better to spend some more and stick to major players than to go for an economical (don't want to write cheap) one to save on headaches later. A so-called cashless claim may become a headache in some cases. This holds true especially in tier 3 cities where their support is near non-existent.
I have had a good experience with Digit when I raised a claim. Everything was over the phone and my claim was settled promptly. It was an accident and the Cops did not like Digit at all because they do not "share" a percentage apparently !!
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 16:43   #126
BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

I am confused if i have to go for Acko or the mainstream insurance companies through policybazar.com for my Ford Endeavour. The difference is Rs 4K. My driving is primarily in highways and a usage of less than 10K Km per year. Also with Ford's announcement i am not sure about the service quality at authorised service centre going forward. Is Acko a better option or risk to take?
Old 4th November 2021, 08:40   #127
BHPian

Anyone here has a Kia (Sonet) and got New Car insurance outside the Dealer? I booked Sonet last week and the dealer (JSP, Bangalore) said if I take it outside the Tyres are not covered.

Another question, Dealer insurance price is Rs 36000 for the Sonet PETROL DCT variant.
However,

Acko - Rs 22000 (with several add-ons)
Digit - Rs 33000 (with several add-ons)

Digit makes no sense as the difference is only 3k with the Dealer's price.

Thoroughly confused. Any suggestions?
anirudhbb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 09:19   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by som9729 View Post
So, just do go through the list of network garages, and check availability of network garages in Tier-3 towns or villages that you might visit often.

That's it!
Can you let us know how to get that information though?

Acko website does not give a list of network garages as far as I can see. Even if you call up their customer care they give stupid excuses like how their list is dynamic and garages keep getting added and that is why they can't give out the list.

It's not like HDFC ergo (and others) make a pact of till 'death do us part' with all its network garages. We can get this list for their competitors.

I would only take Acko if I have an old car (primarily because they seem to give a high IDV compared to others). But not for a new car. Peace of mind is more important for insurance and I can't shake the feeling that Acko is just too shady with its practises.
Old 4th November 2021, 09:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Can you let us know how to get that information though?

Acko website does not give a list of network garages as far as I can see. Even if you call up their customer care they give stupid excuses like how their list is dynamic and garages keep getting added and that is why they can't give out the list.

It's not like HDFC ergo (and others) make a pact of till 'death do us part' with all its network garages. We can get this list for their competitors.

I would only take Acko if I have an old car (primarily because they seem to give a high IDV compared to others). But not for a new car. Peace of mind is more important for insurance and I can't shake the feeling that Acko is just too shady with its practises.
ACKO doesn't have list published on their app or website. When I called the customer care, they mentioned that based on the customer location, they suggest nearby garages. I probed further and figured out that they only deal with multi brand local garages and don't have tie up with OEM garages. So to me it looks like that they are able to offer low insurance quotes because of this. Of course there are no free lunches so cusotmer has to decide what is more important. I finally decided to go with established insurance company like ICICI Lombard for peace of mind during any unforeseen claim since they have wide range of network garages and I don't want to deal with local unknown garage.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 4th November 2021 at 09:36.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:41   #130
BHPian

I would observe it for a few years before deciding on any new insurance provider. You can also look at publically available data points like claim settlement ratio, claim settlement efficiency ratio etc.
Old 26th November 2021, 08:08   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Acko insurance claim: Grand I10

I had a very good experience during my claim experience with Acko for Baleno. I am happy to report equally good experience while claiming for my Grand I10 too .

I claimed for damaged front bumper and right fender.

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-img_20211117_070359.jpg

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-img_20211117_070507.jpg

I registered my claim using the app and uploaded the pics. Call back was scheduled and survey was completed. They offered me on account advanced payment. I also got the assessment report. It took less than 12 hours for the entire process (claim initiation to cash credit in my account).

Tracking in Acko app

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_20211126075905__01.jpg

Assessment report

Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_20211126075938__01.jpg

I can now repair the car anytime and at any garage

Thanks to NCB protect, I will still have 50 percentage NCB intact.
Dr.Naren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 22:21   #132
BHPian

I was looking at their cashless garage page and noticed this

Quote:
I want to take my car to a garage of my choice. Can I still enjoy the cashless claims facility?
When you get your car repaired from our partner garages, you save a lot of time, effort, and money. However, if you still want to get your car repaired at a garage of your choice, we can still offer a cashless-like settlement at a non-network garage. We transfer our liability for any legitimate claim directly to the garage, even before the delivery of the car, within a few hours of invoice receipt. In this case, the policyholder needs to share non-network garage bank details for cashless-like settlement. However, in such cases, you will have to pay Rs. 5,000 extra as a deductible amount when you opt for ACKO’s exclusive insurance plans.

What happens if I get my car repaired at a non-network garage?
During claims, if you get your car repaired at a non-partner garage, you will have to pay Rs. 5,000 as a deductible amount depending on the terms, conditions, and the type of plan that you have purchased.

I am not sure if this is applicable for all policies, as all my policies that I have with them only talks about the Rs 1000 compulsory deductible.

However does anyone have any experience with using Acko insurance at an ASC? Would they approve the entire amount or would come up with their own limits for each type of repair?
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 02:25   #133
BHPian

What happens to the manufacturer warranty or extended warranty if the car has to be repaired at one of ACKO's or Digit's cashless garage vs an authorised service center? Will I face any issues in claiming the warranty, as the terms clearly state that only authorised service centers are allowed to operate on the vehicle + some other conditions?
Old 8th January 2022, 17:01   #134
BHPian

Avoid ACKO like a plague especially if you're dependent on road side assistance and if you're in Kerala. My Tigor had brake oil leakage due to the brake pipe breakage because of corrosion (as per TASS) due to which there was a brake failure. Thankfully it happened at a parking spot and not a highway. I called up ACKO and the customer service representative couldn't even locate the tow service nearby the breakdown point. My dad had to take help from TASS and they arranged a third party tow service for which we had to bear towing expenses (INR 2000 from the breakdown point to TASS, barely 2 KMs). It's better to go with established players is a lesson learnt through experience.
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 18:45   #135
BHPian

I am up for renewing my car's (Grand i10 Sportz Dec 2013) insurance with Acko. Currently, I am holding a Comprehensive (Super Saver), Zero Depreciation, Voluntary Deductible.

My current IDV is Rs.3.1 L, but Acko is allowing me to increase the IDV all the way up to 3.7 L. It's a funny thing that an insurance company is allowing me to increase the IDV after my car has aged.

I am thinking about opting out of the Zero Dep policy as the premium is working out to Rs.11,500/- and instead opting for the Comprehensive Super Saver or the Comprehensive plan - which will cost me almost 5k lesser. I am not sure if it is worth spending an extra 5k on a Zero Dep plan.

If anyone has any input on whether I can opt-out of the zero dep plan, it would be much appreciated.

Furthermore, the only difference I can find between the Comprehensive Super Saver and Comprehensive plan is that I need to inform Acko before making any claim-related repairs, failing which I have to pay Rs.5,000/- as a deductible.

That clause doesn't seem so bad, or am I missing something?

TIA!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks