Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2023, 10:50   #196
BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
The process is smooth though they have added compulsory deductible of 5k from last 2 years.
Both the times, I got it done at MAS only that too my choice of workshop and the were no issues.
I assume the deductible of 5K applies if you insist on choosing the garage(if you buy their super saver package). If they manage it themselves then there's no deductible of 5K I assume.
Old 6th November 2023, 11:01   #197
BHPian

Quote:
I have acko insurance for my car for last 3-4 years and have 2 claims as well.
Can you explain more about the claims? One of the issues I found with Acko was that the amount after the survey differs from that of the Authorized workshop. In my case, it was a paint job and there was a difference of 4k (6k vs 10k ).
Old 6th November 2023, 13:47   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
I assume the deductible of 5K applies if you insist on choosing the garage(if you buy their super saver package). If they manage it themselves then there's no deductible of 5K I assume.
No, its not the case. The compulsory deductible is included in the policy document during issuance only, not after initiating the claim. I think it might be based on age of vehicle, but not sure. My car has now crossed 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Can you explain more about the claims? One of the issues I found with Acko was that the amount after the survey differs from that of the Authorized workshop. In my case, it was a paint job and there was a difference of 4k (6k vs 10k ).
Once there is an incident,

1. we have to register a claim from their app. It will ask you to upload photos of the car from different angles and you will be assigned some advisor who can guide you regarding the workshop and next steps.

2. Once I registered the claim on the app, I did not wait for their call and just went directly to the MASS near me and gave this claim number to the service advisor. From then on, the Acko people and MASS people co-ordinated between themselves. The process was very smooth.

3. Initially, someone from Acko will visit the workshop to survey the vehicle and approve the repairs. If the estmate is more than 50k, then a second IRDA registered surveyor will visit again and verify the claim.

4. Once the survery's are done, they provided an initial approval for an amount which was much lower than what the workshop quotes. The MASS SA told me that's the usual process and they will later revise the approval as work progresses as long as it is within the limit of the policy.

5. Once final bill is generated, MASS people sent the bill to Acko and got their approval. I just had to pay the difference and take delivery of vehicle.
Everlearner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 14:19   #199
Senior - BHPian

Acko premium changes overnight!!

My October 2020 S-Cross insurance was pending renewal few days back. Maruti insurance brokerage quoted a premium of Rs12,000 for regular insurance + TP + RTI.

Out of curosity, checked acko insurance premium on their website through desktop 5 days before renewal date. Third party + regular (non zero dep) insurance was quoted at Rs6500/- for an IDV of 6.10 lacs.

Was busy so couldnt renew that day and again browsed the website through their iOS app one day before scheduled renewal. This time, the premium quoted was Rs25,000/- for an IDV of 5.90 lacs. Tried through the website also and again got quoted 25000. Why did the premium go up 4 times?

An executive from acko called soon and asked why I have not renewed insurance. Told him that the isnurance premium went up from 6.5k to 25k in 3 days. His reply was that insurance premium goes up as renewal date approaches.

Sharing in case this helps someone. For me, I am never coming back to acko ever again.
Old 6th November 2023, 15:45   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Acko premium changes overnight!!

His reply was that insurance premium goes up as renewal date approaches.
And here I was checking out Acko for the Insurance renewal for my car. Its not true that the premiums change overnight when there is sufficient time for renewal. Yes, the premiums do change if the renewal date is passed. But then if that's the case they would not allow online renewal anyways but will have to done by visiting a branch office.

Although my car insurance renewal is Jan 2024, I was looking out for various options. Acko was the only Insurance co which accepted BH registration on their website, the quote which I saw was also competitive however the addons which I desired weren't there. Have asked them to call me. Let me ask this point too if they ever call me.

Any Harrier owner have their renewal Insurance done through Acko, would like to know the buying process, claim process if they have had any claims, documentation, customer support, RSA etc.
Old 6th November 2023, 17:51   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
And here I was checking out Acko for the Insurance renewal for my car. Its not true that the premiums change overnight when there is sufficient time for renewal. Yes, the premiums do change if the renewal date is passed.
Agreed with the entire post. However, my opinion is based on what the acko guys told me and what I observed myself also.
It is a common practice to show different prices at different times, or after logging in (makemytrip, goibibo hotel booking websites do this commonly). But a 4 times increase in premium is simply not acceptable or justifiable. Thats the only point I wish to highlight. That they went from 6.5k to 25k within 72 hours.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 08:33   #202
Senior - BHPian

BHPians who have bought Insurance from Acko and raised a claim - Kindly clarify on the below query.

In the Zero dep smart saver T&C I am seeing that the Insured has to pay Rs 5000 during every claim and it says above IRDAI/govt mandated charges. Does this mean over the standard compulsory deductible of 2K (for SUV) the Insured has to pay Rs5000 making it Rs 7000 for every claim raised. Can some one clarify this pls? I have attached a pic of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-acko.png  

Old 7th November 2023, 11:33   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
BHPians who have bought Insurance from Acko and raised a claim - Kindly clarify on the below query.

In the Zero dep smart saver T&C I am seeing that the Insured has to pay Rs 5000 during every claim and it says above IRDAI/govt mandated charges. Does this mean over the standard compulsory deductible of 2K (for SUV) the Insured has to pay Rs5000 making it Rs 7000 for every claim raised. Can some one clarify this pls? I have attached a pic of the same.
Yes, you have to pay 5k 'extra' apart from the usual charges. In my case, I paid around 8k including processing fee of Rs.1100 + GST, mandatory deductible of Rs.5,000 and some non claimable expenses like car washing

Quote:
I have acko insurance for my car for last 3-4 years and have 2 claims as well. The process is smooth though they have added compulsory deductible of 5k from last 2 years.
Both the times, I got it done at MAS only that too my choice of workshop and the were no issues.

Another tip, Amazon has tie-up with acko for car insurance. If you purchase insurance from Amazon app, the cost will be lesser than the direct quote from acko.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 01:21   #204
BHPian

Hi guys, have a small query, I have a 2022 Nexon EV. My Own Damage insurance has expired on 22/11, however third party is valid for another 2 years. Is it necessary to buy OD as well or will third party suffice? Also since my OD cover has already expired, is there any extra fee/penalty levied to renew the same?
I have been receiving innumerable calls since the past month for my insurance renewal. I wish i could sue TATA for leaking our information like this. Anyway, the best quote I received was of 17k from Iffco tokio (never heard of them before) whereas reputed insurers were quoting upwards of 23k.
Acko website shows 12k which seems decent for a 15L car. Any thoughts?
Old 24th November 2023, 10:08   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_boost View Post
Hi guys, have a small query, I have a 2022 Nexon EV. My Own Damage insurance has expired on 22/11, however third party is valid for another 2 years. Is it necessary to buy OD as well or will third party suffice? Also since my OD cover has already expired, is there any extra fee/penalty levied to renew the same?
I have been receiving innumerable calls since the past month for my insurance renewal. I wish i could sue TATA for leaking our information like this. Anyway, the best quote I received was of 17k from Iffco tokio (never heard of them before) whereas reputed insurers were quoting upwards of 23k.
For legal purposes, only third party insurance is mandatory. However if you want insurance for car against repair due to accident, total loss due to theft or floods etc then you need own damage (OD) cover.

If OD cover has expired then the company might need to inspect the car and may ask you to visit their office for physical assessment for renewal of insurance. Please contact the customer care and they'll be able to guide you with the procedure.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th November 2023 at 10:37.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 11:01   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Anyway, the best quote I received was of 17k from Iffco tokio (never heard of them before) whereas reputed insurers were quoting upwards of 23k...
Iffco Tokio is a reputed multi national insurer.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 20:16   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, have a small query, I have a 2022 Nexon EV.

Anyway, the best quote I received was of 17k from Iffco tokio (never heard of them before) whereas reputed insurers were quoting upwards of 23k.
You should check the network garages coverage of the insurance company to make sure your preferred service center is in network. Many new age companies like Digit / Acko may not provide cashless facility but you can still get the car repaired at non-network garages on reimbursement mode. It may not provide as seamless experience as cashless option and not many would like to go with Non-OEM garages for repairs, specially new car.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th November 2023 at 20:24.
Old 25th November 2023, 13:57   #208
BHPian

I talked to Acko yesterday for insurance renewal and they said cashless can be availed at any service centre with GSt registration. Wondering if there is any gotchas!
Old 25th November 2023, 18:39   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I talked to Acko yesterday for insurance renewal and they said cashless can be availed at any service centre with GSt registration. Wondering if there is any gotchas!
Not sure if that's 100% true. If you are in doubt, you can call your preferred service center and enquire whether they have cashless tie up with Acko.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 16:04   #210
BHPian

Hi - wanted to check how's the general experience with Digit? I own a Kia and they are suggesting that they only have cashless with ICICI, New India Assurance, Reliance, Digit and Bajaj. Digit has a competitive quote. My existing insurance is HDFC which apparently is not cashless. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks