Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2023, 11:51   #181
BHPian

Re: Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?

Has anyone opted for Digit’s “Pay as you go” policy add-on? It’s 50% cheaper compared to the normal OD cover (assuming you got the bundled plan during car purchase, I.e., 1 year OD + 3 year TP). The caveat is yearly mileage should be less than 15k.

I’m considering getting that for my Polo which is primarily driven in the city or shorter trips and should cover less than 15k KMs a year.

If someone has opted for this - any feedback?
Old 12th April 2023, 09:47   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Exact same issue here in Kerala! I have been a happy customer of ACKO for the past year and now I can’t renew my i20’s policy nor can I take a new insurance from them for my new Hycross. I tried calling them and the sales agent confirmed that Kerala is no longer serviceable. I asked them then how is my current policy from them and they said that it used to be available previously but not any more.

I have not made any claims in the past 2 years so I don’t think it’s because of me. I don’t really want to go with GoDigit because they are only offering me an IDV of 3L vs Acko’s 5L and that too for more premium. I don’t care about zero dep but I do care about IDV.
Could not renew with acko so I ended going with royal sundaram since they gave me a 4.8L idv.
Old 11th July 2023, 13:40   #183
BHPian

I had a good experience for my claim service via Acko. Availed cashless repair for my car damaged due to falling debris due to incessant rains.
The service request was handled professionally and repair work done was satisfactory. Overall much better than anticipated.
Old 11th July 2023, 16:07   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprashant View Post
I had a good experience for my claim service via Acko. Availed cashless repair for my car damaged due to falling debris due to incessant rains.
The service request was handled professionally and repair work done was satisfactory. Overall much better than anticipated.
Does Acko network garages include OEM service centers? Was your car repaired at ASC? I am not able to find the list of network garages on their website and the FAQ is quite vague.
Attached Thumbnails
Acko & Digit, the new insurance firms. Any reviews?-screenshot_20230708_213555_chrome.jpg  

Old 11th July 2023, 23:54   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Does Acko network garages include OEM service centers? Was your car repaired at ASC? I am not able to find the list of network garages on their website and the FAQ is quite vague.
Hi. My car was repaired at an ASC. No list was available on the website but the service Advisor (Acko) shared details when asked.
While filing claim the Acko personnel gave me options of either getting it fixed at a garage of my choice or avail the cashless option with an ASC of their list. They shared a few nearby options known to me.
Owing to the ease of the process and the fact that it was a known ASC, I went ahead with the latter. The work done was as per expectations and the process was surprisingly simple and straightforward.
Hope this helps.
docprashant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 10:12   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docprashant View Post
Hi. My car was repaired at an ASC. No list was available on the website but the service Advisor (Acko) shared details when asked.
While filing claim the Acko personnel gave me options of either getting it fixed at a garage of my choice or avail the cashless option with an ASC of their list. They shared a few nearby options known to me.
Owing to the ease of the process and the fact that it was a known ASC, I went ahead with the latter. The work done was as per expectations and the process was surprisingly simple and straightforward.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback. Although this is good to know but it still makes me wonder why can't they share the network list on their website. In this day and age of digital, information should be readily available rather than waiting for customer to file a claim. It'll also help cusotmer take an informed decision before buying a policy.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 12th July 2023 at 10:14.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 18:22   #187

Team - I'm planning to take insurance for. New Seltos facelift IVT and I got the quote from ACKO which is comparatively very low close to 29k with idv of 15.77 Lac 1+3 years

Bumper to bumper year1 , 3rd Party year2, year3.

What i learnt is they are totally a digital company with very limited branches. Although one doesn't walk into branches but concerned about their service during claim process and we could have repairs carried out in KIA service centre ? Or needs to only get service thru acko certified centres.

Appreciate suggestions or recommendations
Old 19th October 2023, 09:39   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rganand View Post
Team - I'm planning to take insurance for. New Seltos facelift IVT and I got the quote from ACKO which is comparatively very low close to 29k with idv of 15.77 Lac 1+3 years

Bumper to bumper year1 , 3rd Party year2, year3.

What i learnt is they are totally a digital company with very limited branches. Although one doesn't walk into branches but concerned about their service during claim process and we could have repairs carried out in KIA service centre ? Or needs to only get service thru acko certified centres.

Acko (and other new age insurance companies like Digit) have different business model. Usually they have network of multi brand outlets for cashless claims. There is also reimbursement mode, wherein they might approve a lump sum amount based on the claim and the owner can get the car repaired at any garage of his choice. All of this communication and follow up should be done by the customer over the phone/App.

When I enquired with them during purchase of Creta, they were not able to share a list of network garages and their website also did not have the list for quick reference. Upon my insistence, they informed that nearby Hyundai service centers were not in their network. I was not comfortable with repairing new car at non-Hyundai garage or reimbursement mode. Hence I dropped the idea and went with ICICI Lombard (not via dealer) and still saved money vs dealer quote.

I suggest you give them a call to understand the claim process, network garages etc and then take an informed decision. Many folks in this forum have shared quite positive reviews so you can check those out as well.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 19th October 2023 at 09:51.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 17:20   #189
BHPian

Dumped digit for my car insurance renewal today. They kept pestering me with phone calls, SMS & emails for renewal - 3 times a day, for the last 1.5 months, in spite of me telling them not to keep calling & I know when I should renew my car's insurance.

Frankly, I like the idea of just clicking through & getting the insurance renewal done, but their irritating phone calls have put me off.

Also, they claimed to give a 5% early bird discount & when you open the policy, you see it is actually offered only on the own damage component (and not the entire insurance amount) which amounted to Rs57. If I had assumed that they are offering me 5% discount, so it should be good to renew, I would have been fooled!

I hope someone responsible in Digit reads this message and importantly, understands the irritation they are causing for their customers & rectify it.

PS: Have informed them multiple times, have replied back to their emails, but still this nonsense continues on & on from them.

Last edited by null : 23rd October 2023 at 17:24. Reason: added PS
null is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 18:36   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Team
I used Acko for my Harrier insurance and claimed once for a dent. The claim process was easier but after the survey, they approved an amount which could be either availed directly or repaired the car via their approved garages. The approved amount was far less compared to what was quoted by the service centre. As it was a dent I used their garage and they did a neat job. But for major repair jobs going to their garage while the car is within warranty is a bit risky
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2023, 09:19   #191

I checked with Acko, bought the insurance for Seltos IVT new car, I got an update that it can be serviced in any of the KIA service centers Pan India. But the insurance policy purchase was seamless and got the policy within few minutes of online purchase
Old 26th October 2023, 09:25   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with Acko, bought the insurance for Seltos IVT new car, I got an update that it can be serviced in any of the KIA service centers Pan India. But the insurance policy purchase was seamless and got the policy within few minutes of online purchase
Thanks for the info. Do you know if the Kia service centers are part of their cashless network or will the customer be paid lump sump based on the claim and then he could get it repaired anywhere (including Kia SC)?
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 14:00   #193

If i remember correctly once the surveyor inspects the vehicle and approve the amount, if garage is not under their cashless options, they'll transfer the amount to your account. But anyways I didn't pay too much attention as we could get the money reimbursed within 10-15 days even if we pay from our pocket thru Credit card (45days) grace period is available
Old 5th November 2023, 09:11   #194
BHPian

I took Acko insurance now for the first time. What really surprised me is that on purchase of insurance using credit card, they had automatically created an E-MANDATE for next 5 years renewal. I don't understand how they can do this without consent. I couldn't spot this at the time of purchase as nothing related to e mandate was shown during payment.

Has anybody faced this as well?
Old 5th November 2023, 13:36   #195
BHPian

I have acko insurance for my car for last 3-4 years and have 2 claims as well. The process is smooth though they have added compulsory deductible of 5k from last 2 years.
Both the times, I got it done at MAS only that too my choice of workshop and the were no issues.

Another tip, Amazon has tie-up with acko for car insurance. If you purchase insurance from Amazon app, the cost will be lesser than the direct quote from acko.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks