Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2008, 09:03   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Don't worry. Just go ahead with Maruti Insurance. The overall experience is quite fine.
If you own a Maruti car then it is good. It is cashless claim if you get the damages done from Maruti authorized center.
Old 15th September 2008, 09:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Maruti insurance is absolutely fantastic. No Hassles at all. I claimed insurance twice from Maruti and entire process was so smooth that, customers believe that car went for minor repairs.

In other insurance company you have to pay entirely for the damages and then have to do merry go round to insurance companies for claiming amount and getting it back. Its pain.

I hope other car companies should also take such initiatives and provide cash less facilities to the customers.
Old 15th September 2008, 20:19   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In other insurance company you have to pay entirely for the damages and then have to do merry go round to insurance companies for claiming amount and getting it back. Its pain.
Not really. Most insurance companies now offer the cashless facility. Of course, they have a list of workshops that are eligible for the cashless repair jobs.
Old 29th April 2009, 11:31   #49
BHPian

My car insurance renewal is due on May. I wanted to know if experts felt it was advisable to switch from Cholamandalam to Maruti Insurance (Bajaj Alliance / Royal Sundaram)? My car is a 2007 Alto and I have had Cholamandalam since the beginning. Further, is RS better than BA or vice versa.

Last edited by sabret00the : 29th April 2009 at 11:33.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

I have switched to Royal Sundaram Maruti Insurance thru a Maruti Dealer... and have even made claims for denting, painting and underbody damage. The cashless insurance part has been totally hassle free. Service thru the dealer has also been prompt. Would recommend it... though I don't know how it compares with other companies.
Old 29th April 2009, 15:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
My car insurance renewal is due on May. I wanted to know if experts felt it was advisable to switch from Cholamandalam to Maruti Insurance (Bajaj Alliance / Royal Sundaram)? My car is a 2007 Alto and I have had Cholamandalam since the beginning. Further, is RS better than BA or vice versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I have switched to Royal Sundaram Maruti Insurance thru a Maruti Dealer... and have even made claims for denting, painting and underbody damage. The cashless insurance part has been totally hassle free. Service thru the dealer has also been prompt. Would recommend it... though I don't know how it compares with other companies.
Go to direct insurance company that will reduce the premium they can give you higher discount.
Old 9th August 2009, 14:29   #52
BHPian

Is there any benefits of going with Maruti insurance compared to Bajaj Alliance or Royal Sundaram? Maruti insurance provides premium through Bajaj alliance or Royal sundaram anyways. And premium is very high compared to BA or RS. For an SX4, I could see the difference is around 6K-7K.

Please provide your valuable suggestions.
Old 9th August 2009, 14:49   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Is there any benefits of going with Maruti insurance compared to Bajaj Alliance or Royal Sundaram? Maruti insurance provides premium through Bajaj alliance or Royal sundaram anyways. And premium is very high compared to BA or RS. For an SX4, I could see the difference is around 6K-7K.

Maruti Insurance provides it through National Insurance and not Bajaj Alliance/Royal Sundaram.

Are you sure that there is a 6K-7K difference for the same IDV ?
Old 11th August 2009, 11:48   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post

Please give full details like: -
Which car, which year, last year IDV, current year IDV, NCB %, total amount of both or all the quote etc.
Old 11th August 2009, 11:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Insurance has tie up with New India Insurance Co too. Do they offer cashless facility too?
Old 11th August 2009, 12:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Maruti Insurance has tie up with New India Insurance Co too. Do they offer cashless facility too?
Yes were ever there is a tie-up you get a cashless benefit.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:19   #57
BHPian

According to Maruti site, they have tie-ups with 4 insurance companies. Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram, National and New India. Maruti dealers along with their service centers are free to choose among these four. Most usually go with 2 companies. All have cashless facility, with a Rs 500 charge for small vehicles and Rs 1000 charge for larger cars, in case of claim.

eg: Popular Automobiles uses Bajaj and National, while Hercules Automobiles uses Royal Sundaram and National (I think).

In case of claim, for easiest processing, Bajaj reccomends going to Popular's service center.
Since I prefer Hercules, I went with their preferred insurance agecy, Royal Sundaram, even though Bajaj had better deal.
Usually a painless process, if you have some idea of how things work with them.

Last edited by srijit : 11th August 2009 at 13:20.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:49   #58
nitin.dangayach

Ok someone help me here. I got a quote of 6100 from TATA AIG (with 2500 Rs of voluntary amount) and a quote of 7600 from my Maruti Dealer (ICICI Lombard tied up with Maruti)

I am not sure which one to choose.

The car is just a year old (Alto LXi)

Old 11th August 2009, 18:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
I got a quote of 6100 from TATA AIG (with 2500 Rs of voluntary amount) and a quote of 7600 from my Maruti Dealer (ICICI Lombard tied up with Maruti)
You still deserve a good quote. Go to bajaj. Voluntary Excess is a bad thing try to stay away from it. Otherwise TATA is a preferred company then ICICI and Reliance.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:12   #60
Senior - BHPian

Are both the premiums for same IDV?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks