Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How was your Maruti Suzuki authorised service expereince?
Excellent and Outstanding 26 12.50%
Exceeds your expectations 32 15.38%
Meets your expectations 76 36.54%
Below your expectations 46 22.12%
Improvement Needed 28 13.46%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2017, 17:55   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
I've taken some photos. Looks like the shock absorber is at fault here. It has become rigid and fixed in a place.

Should I take some more photos? Are these clear enough?
While the pictures don't reveal anything significant, if you believe its the struts which are at fault here, then I'd recommend going for the preassembled struts rather than overhauling.

Benefits of preassembled struts-

-Plug and play, its a simple bolt on job.
-Almost the same price as an overhaul, but the factory assembled struts will supposedly have better quality.

Also get the LHS strut inspected. Personally, I like to replace these things together. Anything which comes in pair, should be replaced as a pair.

Part numbers-

41069M84371=STRUT SET FR SUSP RH=Rs.1900
41068M84371=STRUT SET FR SUSP LH=Rs.1900

The vendor for this particular part number(ending with 371) is Munjal Showa Link.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 18:42   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
t

Also get the LHS strut inspected. Personally, I like to replace these things together. Anything which comes in pair, should be replaced as a pair.

Part numbers-

41069M84371=STRUT SET FR SUSP RH=Rs.1900

41068M84371=STRUT SET FR SUSP LH=Rs.1900

Regards,

Shashi

You're right. I'm sorry i didn't get to update. That is what the service guys said too. So now replacing the struts. They've ordered the parts, they will be replaced tomorrow. And hopefully, I can properly drive from tomorrow evening. And yes, I am replacing the struts in pair.
Monolithic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 18:46   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. And yes, I am replacing the struts in pair.
Kindly post pictures of the pre-assembled struts. Its always a pleasure to see new spares.
Old 2nd March 2017, 18:49   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Kindly post pictures of the pre-assembled struts. Its always a pleasure to see new spares.

Haha, I will definitely post some pictures .
Monolithic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 19:07   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Haha, I will definitely post some pictures .
And while you are at it, do get these things checked:

1. Lower arms
2. Stabiliser bar
3. Stabiliser bar bushes
4. Tie Rod ends

Regards,
Shashi
Old 9th March 2017, 21:08   #156
BHPian

Quote:
And while you are at it, do get these things checked:

Regards,
Shashi
Update: Thursday, 9 March 2017

All the struts have been replaced. The older ones were really bad. The car's stability has been improved a lot. I felt more confident over the bumps. It is like a new car again!

And I'm sorry I couldn't get the photos before they were put on.

But I'm glad that everything has finally ended!
Monolithic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 09:27   #157
BHPian

I had some complaint on the maruti service. I asked for an email id at the service center and they gave this one customer.feedback@maruti.co.in.

I wrote to this email id on 6th August and did not recieve any response for 10 days. Today I tried logging a complaint on the website. When I filled most of the part, and went to select the Dealer, I do not see Karnataka listed under the state. So I had to select some other dealer in Kerala and write the dealer details in the complaint box. I do not know how can the website of the largest car manufacturer in India be so pathetic. Please see the screen shot of the website taken as of today.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-dealer.jpg  

neon_daytona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 23:15   #158
Senior - BHPian

An example of arrogance by staff at a Maruti ASS, see this video

deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 00:19   #159
Senior - BHPian

Earlier, had voted for meets expectations. However, the recent service of my 2015 Swift Petrol leaves me bewildered how fast things can go wrong.
This service was carried out at Dealer Owned Service Center.

Attached herewith is the bill and missing clips from door and missing rubber insert in C-Pillar.
I was charged for eight clips and attached images of my car has two clips missing. There was not even a single complaint from my side for door trims. My instructions were clear : Change Engine oil, Oil Filter, Coolant and Brake Oil.
Why was the door trim messed with, I dont know. Never paid attention to it till I came across ROG_AK's thread.

Next, you can see that my car is Swift Petrol. But they had put in 5W-30 oil which I know is MGDO i.e.for diesel cars. When I saw the bill and wrong oil, I called up SA who just said that system wont allow to have diesel oil be billed for petrol car. Sent him a text message to confirm that correct oil is filled in my car, he called in a few minutes later and asked me to bring car to service center for putting in correct oil. That was a shoddy job, but done nevertheless. I asked him to put new oil filter and that I would pay for it. But he didn't do it while trying to convince me that the filter could be drained. SA told me "My Sir asked me to clear doubt and confusion in customer's mind".

Driving around 8 kms on wrong oil wont kill my engine, but this incident represents poor service standards. Again, the initial efforts to justify MGDO in my car was something of sheer disappointment. This same dealership last year sent mechanic at my place and replaced oil which was filled in less quantity by other service center.

So, to summarize, I was billed for eight clips, none of them were asked to be replaced and there was no complaint regarding the same. Diesel oil was put in a petrol driven car and eventually replaced. I still have 2 clips missing and one rubber insert missing on c-pillar.

A very bad experience. A related post is here.

Regarding the bill, Rs. 1543.63 for parts and tax on that amount is Rs. 337.44. That's more than 20% !! Total parts + taxes is Rs. 1881.07. Wonder how the tax can be more than 18% in this case. Shall appreciate if anybody can provide any insight into this.

Labor charges Rs. 1682 and tax on labor charges 305.76 bring total labor including taxes to 1984.76
Total Bill amount : 3866.00

Note that coolant was replaced as per bill, but I had to get it topped up later on which is normally not the case.

The bill stating 5W-30 oil filled instead of 0W-20 as mention in my manual.
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-poor-service-wrong-oil-bill-.jpg

Rubber insert missing on RHS.
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-img_20171019_162105.jpg

Door trim clip missing on RHS rear door.
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-rear-door.jpg

Door trim clip missing on driver's door.
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-front-door.jpg
aaggoswami is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 00:31   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This service was carried out at Dealer Owned Service Center.
That's really sad. Don't know if I should say this or not, Maruti of 2017 isn't the same what it used to be say 15 years back. They have become extremely money minded, their control on the dealers has loosened a lot, and they are promoting the dealer workshops in every way they could. For example, if you use the Maruti care app, only their dealer workshops are mentioned. If you wish to apply for a new MASS, they won't approve as they wish to promote only their dealer owned workshops.

Because of this promotion and lack of strictness, dealers are doing whatever they wish. Untrained mechanics, inflation of bill, unethical working style: no wonder these dealerships have now become stealerships.

Beware while dealing with them, and if possible, avoid them altogether. I was myself a patron of dealer workshop till 2013, when I realised the good old MASS which gave Maruti it's Cheap to own tag, was still the best place to get your Maruti serviced.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 00:59   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Next, you can see that my car is Swift Petrol. But they had put in 5W-30 oil which I know is MGDO i.e.for diesel cars. When I saw the bill and wrong oil, I called up SA who just said that system wont allow to have diesel oil be billed for petrol car.
This reminds me of an incident at Trident Hyundai where they charged a customer for replacing spark plugs in a diesel car. There was no need to remove the clips and rubber insert. May be we should take a bare bone car to service in near future.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 13:20   #162
Senior - BHPian

I had once given my SX4 Zxi VVT for a free service. Oil change was due at that service. The ASC had oil pipelines coming into the workshop and they would fill-up the oil from overhead hanging nozzle.

I was sitting in the waiting lounge while the car was under service. I noted the color of the pipe from which the mechanic filled-up the oil. Out of curiosity, I traced the pipe physically and this process took me to their basement. The pipe originated from a 210 lit oil barrel but it was not 5W30, which my car needed. I checked it once again and brought it to the notice of the SA. He somehow defended saying that the drum contained 5W30 only and even if not, I shall not worry because they do this everyday!

After this, I changed the ASC, motinored every service from the waiting lounge, went to shop floor to check before they moved the car.

After switching the ASC, I started knowing the GM and few SAs personally. They all had honoured all my requests for personal check during the service. All jobs were done to my satisfaction and I was never overbilled. They never carried out any extra work (like polish etc.) which I had not authorised.

I stuck to ASC till the warrantee period was over. After that I have been purchasing the engine oil, the oil filter and the air filter from Maruti Genuine Spares myself. I go to an FNG and get the oil (& filter) changed in person by paying them Rs. 150. I do the following tasks myself (at home, in leisure time): air filter change, wiper blade change, brake oil top up, coolant top up, battery check. I get the car washed at a good washing centre, which raises the car on a lift for underbody wash.

What I save by not going to ASC: time. It takes a looong time to make a job card and hand over the car. And again a looong time in the evening. Secondly, the ASC does not wash the car underbody. The washing centre does, by raising the car by 6 feet.

When I need some repairs other than routine service, I will happily go to the ASC but sit there whole day.

Touchwood, during the 85000 km so far, SX4 has not demanded anything else. Such a lovely, reliable car.
Rahul Bhalgat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 12:28   #163
Senior - BHPian

I got my Swift’s (D) 60k PMS done yesterday (26-04-2018) from Qutab Automobiles, Sector-31. Gurgaon. My mistake was that I was not carrying my service booklet. It was removed with other dashboard stuff prior to service by mistake. So, I had no option to confirm what SA is saying is correct or not. Anyway, here is my experience.

1. EGR valve was not cleaned as part of 60k service. I asked the service advisor that after how many kilometres they clean EGR valve but he didn’t answer anything clearly and starting talking on an incoming call.

2. At the time of opening job card, SA told me that Inter Cooler cleaning has to be done at 60k PMS (chargeable) whereas there are no guidelines from Maruti for it (I had told him that I am not facing any kind of problem and I just need a routine 60k service).

3. Brake Pads / Shoes Check / Cleaning were charged separately whereas it is part of 60k PMS.

4. I was charged for Brake Fluid. Only 10-15 ml was used from a 250 ml bottle to top up brake fluid whereas it should have been replaced completely (checked service booklet after coming back). I was standing there and I asked the SA that brake fluid has to be replaced not top up but he told me only top up is required. I picked up and carried almost full bottle with me.

5. They did not do any other work as mentioned in service booklet except oil & filters change, intercooler cleaning and washing.

It seems that were just trying to do formality of doing a PMS without doing all the work that is mentioned in the user manual. This happened when I was with the car all the time. I can’t imagine what kind of service they will provide if someone leaves the car with them.

Also, my previous service (50k PMS) record was not showing in their system which was done at their own workshop. Looking at invoice, I was looking like culprit of skipping 50k PMS.

PS: My 50k PMS experience was much better with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-service60k.jpg  

Old 6th February 2020, 11:30   #164
BHPian

A friend recently had a minor accident in his Ciaz, as seen in the image, the rear quarter panel is damaged with some minor damage to the rear door as well.
His car is just 1-1.5 yr old so he had specifically asked the SA to get the fender replaced instead of getting it repaired, to which the SA said that it's something that needs to be decided by the insurance company.
After almost 8-10 days when he came to take his car's delivery, he found out that the panel is just repaired.
Is repairing a panel in case of an accident even allowed at the official dealership? If this car was a Merc/BMW, I doubt the dealership would even consider repairing this.
Just for reference, the car did have a zero dep insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki A.S.S. Review by owners-1.jpeg  

Last edited by dhruvdangi : 6th February 2020 at 11:33.
Old 22nd June 2020, 02:51   #165
BHPian

That is sheer fraud by that dealer. MASS will always push for replacement unless you know someone there and ask to repair it. Check in with the insurance claim , they might have claimed it but not replaced. It happened with me where they claimed for new intercooler but repaired the older one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvdangi View Post
After almost 8-10 days when he came to take his car's delivery, he found out that the panel is just repaired.
Is repairing a panel in case of an accident even allowed at the official dealership? If this car was a Merc/BMW, I doubt the dealership would even consider repairing this.
Just for reference, the car did have a zero dep insurance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks