Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 13:32   #31
BHPian

The scene at Whitefield Honda is the same if not worse :(
the Service Manager is a nice guy but the guys in the workshop are really a handful. One particularly unprofessional guy is Magesh who handled my warranty claim. Please be carefull while dealing with this person.

And the owner, someone called Suri is nowhere to be seen and no one knows where he is either. After a lot of arguments, i was directed to a person called Mohan who is the GM of this dealership. I found him to be quite helpfull and he finally solved all my problems.

If any you face any issue at Whitefield Honda, suggest you to speak to Mohan directly.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:08   #32
BHPian

Mine is ready for the last free service and this time I'm leaving the car during the middle of the week. Planning to brief the service/showroom manager beforehand on my last experience. Lets see what they are upto.
Old 11th April 2010, 03:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

I wonder! Our cars sometimes will run better with just a simple oil change, air and fuel filter change.
This kind of service only messes up the car more.
Old 21st April 2010, 21:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Mine is ready for the last free service and this time I'm leaving the car during the middle of the week. Planning to brief the service/showroom manager beforehand on my last experience. Lets see what they are upto.
mkc,

any updates about your free service, let us know.

Also Btw, are we are going to keep writing about our bad experiences like this. Do you think its time that we grouped up & try to do something which will make these useless dealers pull up their socks and start looking at buyers with a better attitude. what do you say ?
Old 22nd April 2010, 07:21   #35
BHPian

I feel we can get together as a group and approach the Honda officials directly with our grievances and our suggestions, what say guys ?

After all, Maruti with its enormous volumes is able to provide much better service than Honda.
Old 24th January 2012, 18:55   #36
BHPian

Re: Unprofessional service by Magnum Honda, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Heh. Join the club.

A couple months ago, I had to repaint the front bumper and replace the front left fender due to a minor accident. The bumper didn't need repainting, just some spit and polish as the incident happened at place where the fender meets the bumper. The fender had been hit in the same exact position a week after I bought the car, so I agreed with the replacement.

But they painted the front bumper as well. I had asked them to touch up a slight scratch on the rear bumper. But they repainted that too, squeezing it into the insurance. I was really happy with that gesture. The shocker came when I was waxing the car the next weekend.

The paint shades were wrong. This looked like a flat finish.
Seems they have learnt from your post. had a similar job done for my Civic silver recently at Magnum, Kanakapura Road and they did a very good job of the repainting of fenders. Probably they are also looking at Customer Reviews on Team-BHP and doing something about it.

Regards
Vijay
Old 14th November 2012, 14:49   #37
BHPian

I am planning on giving my OHC for a major service at Magnum Honda in Kanakapura Road. I have done all the previous services at Penisular Honda in Cochin.

Would anyone have any words of advice for me regarding Magnum?
Old 15th July 2013, 12:37   #38
BHPian

Hi, I have had pretty experiences with Whitefield Honda for service of my car so far - both servicing and body work. I have decided not to go back to them ever.

Please let me know who is a decent Honda authorised service centre here in Bangalore
Old 15th July 2013, 13:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I am planning on giving my OHC for a major service at Magnum Honda in Kanakapura Road. I have done all the previous services at Penisular Honda in Cochin.

Would anyone have any words of advice for me regarding Magnum?
I was fed up with Dakshin Honda who couldn't fix the annoying rattles from my dashboard and the underbody inspite of 3 visits. Mailed Honda and asked them to fix up an appointment with Penninsular Honda , Mangalore.

This is just one awesome dealership. They aren't as big as Dakshin , but their eagerness to solve all issues and the professionalism just floored me.

They have just won themselves a permanent customer who wouldn't mind driving 370 kms from Bangalore for servicing
Old 18th July 2013, 09:07   #40
BHPian

Have been going to Dakshin Honda for last few services. What I find is, it's more like a sine wave. They are good at times and abysmal at others. Am planning to visit whitefield the next time around. At least they pick up their telephone to answer queries.
Dakshin was good maybe a year back, but now with new folks in their service bay, those guys have no clue between a synthetic engine oil and non synthetic one. Sometime I feel they just pick folks from the streets to do the job.

Is there anyway we can provide feedback to Honda siel directly?
Old 13th August 2013, 20:17   #41
BHPian

I had a pretty decent experience with Magnum honda after a couple of disastrous experiences with whitefield honda. for a start there were no extra dents that i used to have every time i got the car back from whitefield honda.

Over all, the service experience has been good. They are attentive and the costs are explained clearly before hand as compared to vagueness of whitefield honda. My service will be due again in another 3 months and hope it will be the same. The manager of the service centre visited my office to check on me later the next day!
Old 5th October 2014, 12:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

How is the Magnum honda service center at ring road near Taj Vivanta, Yeshwantpur? I have some pending work (ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...questions.html). Is there any FNG where I can get this done?
I also need to find someone for my regular servicing.
Old 27th October 2014, 09:08   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
How is the Magnum honda service center at ring road near Taj Vivanta, Yeshwantpur? I have some pending work (ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...questions.html). Is there any FNG where I can get this done?
I also need to find someone for my regular servicing.
I had a pretty good experience with Magnum once. They were pretty attentive.

In my opinion, Whitefield Honda should be avoided like plague. I had consecutive bad experiences with them. I gave into to my temptation (since Whitefield is the closest) and went to them again for the last service. They managed to create problems where there is none. They opened up my perfectly fine AC and now there is a rattling noise when I put the blower on 2. I only noticed it recently and now they are not attending to this issue.

They had earlier messed up with my insurance. Had issued me an insurance certificate but had cancelled it in the backend - basically ate the insurance premium without issuing a certificate. It came to my notice recently when I wanted to renew it without Honda assurance.
Old 28th November 2014, 14:18   #44
BANNED

Yet another case of carelessness at Magnum Honda Service section, Kanakpura road, Bangalore.

Its a civic and went for 50k service. Well, not really a service but an inspection (this is charged differently - Rs1300, including wash, vacuum, fluid top up) since i do my own oil change and oil filter change.
Noticed that the rear right side bumper was "bumped" and "grazed". It was 4pm so plenty of daylight because of which i could see this clearly. i felt like
The service advisor immediately handed me the carbon copy of the job card, in which dents and scratches are recorded, trying to make it appear as though it was pre-existing. But the advisor did not do any drama and knew from my expression , what had happened. So, agreed to fix it. Took it to the polish section. i walked up to that section, asked them to re-paint and finish it up as it was (smooth as butter and scratchless ofcourse).

The point behind my note is to caution all - DO NOT TRUST at FACE VALUE, please INSPECT your car in adequate LIGHT conditions, before you take your car back !!!
BTW, i also plan to inspect the under body before i take delivery.
Its been 2days, im waiting for the call. I will post again on the outcome.

Thanks,
prits_moh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 19:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prits_moh View Post
Yet another case of carelessness at Magnum Honda Service section, Kanakpura road, Bangalore.

Its a civic and went for 50k service. Well, not really a service but an inspection (this is charged differently - Rs1300, including wash, vacuum, fluid top up) since i do my own oil change and oil filter change.
Noticed that the rear right side bumper was "bumped" and "grazed". It was 4pm so plenty of daylight because of which i could see this clearly. i felt like
The service advisor immediately handed me the carbon copy of the job card, in which dents and scratches are recorded, trying to make it appear as though it was pre-existing. But the advisor did not do any drama and knew from my expression , what had happened. So, agreed to fix it. Took it to the polish section. i walked up to that section, asked them to re-paint and finish it up as it was (smooth as butter and scratchless ofcourse).

The point behind my note is to caution all - DO NOT TRUST at FACE VALUE, please INSPECT your car in adequate LIGHT conditions, before you take your car back !!!
BTW, i also plan to inspect the under body before i take delivery.
Its been 2days, im waiting for the call. I will post again on the outcome.

Thanks,
Had similar and consistent issues with Whitefield Honda. They returned my car either with scratches and dents. On both the occasions, they claimed that the car was returned in the same condition, but when I insisted they showed the pictures of the car where it was clear that the scratches were not there when the car was given to them.

I had a decent experience with Magnum, Yeshwantpur. The only hitch was that the car was seized by RTO since it had non Karnataka registration :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks