Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 17:54   #76
BHPian

Has met expectations, till now! Had recently got the Head Assembly changed + Pistons replaced. Although i had go to two different TATA/FIAT service centers just to figure out what exactly the problem was! The problem was not an easy one too! Spares arrived in time, installation, testing done, delivered in time. Hope it runs correctly
Old 30th December 2009, 20:46   #77
BHPian

Below Expectations

I own a Palio 1.2 nv Sport and my friend owns Adventure. We stopped visiting authorized service centers for quite some time. Recently Adventure developed some issues (tuck tuck sound from right wheel) and pickup is bad. The Adventure has been giving problems to us for last 3 years and we decided to give a last try. If not solved ditch it was our decision. I have searched through all the garages in Hyd and decided to visit one after another to check if they can solve the problem and how much resale value we can get it.

We visited Mallik, ShaikPet to show the vehicle. I have personally explained problems to the mechanic available there and taken vehicle for test ride. After good long drive on the empty road (BHEL - Mehdipatnam). He said the vehicle is in good condition regarding drivability. I inquired to him if he can check why tuck tuck sound is coming. He replied back saying it is in good condition, without even looking at the lower arm. and he quoted 1.2L for 3 year old well maintained (apart from the problems) 1.6L Adventure. Shocked to absorb the resale value, we decided to visit Classic Cars. The mechanic looked at the wheel and said lower arm is not original and has shown us the how original lower arm looks like. On the first impression, we have given the car for servicing there and came to know the following facts:

1. Lower Arm
Not original. This problem has been persisting with us after first service. First service is done by Anuroop. We have got the vehicle checked with Autofin, Solar and Mazda. No one ever mentioned to this to us. Nuckle gets affected because of this and need to replace it.

2. Nuckle
Not the suitable one. Means not the from Fiat. Mazda fitted this and they fitted ABS version of Nuckle which has more circumference than the original part

3. Clutch plates

After first service, we have started seeing all the kind of problems and one of the advisers mentioned that clutch is bad. We did not believe that because we were owning palio for 2 years and it was fine. But the mechanic here mentioned the same and we nodded to change it. I have been having my palio for last 5 years and clocked 52K and have not yet changed clutch. Palio was driven by friend most of the time before buying Adventure. So how can clutch can be bad in one vehicle fine in another. Some one might have changed it? Who? I suspect Anuroop. But I do not have any concrete proof to claim that they are the culprits. Anuroop's GM used to have 1.9D Adventure. I am not sure if we can use clutch of 1.6 Petrol can be fit in 1.9D version or not. Or can it be fitted into another S10 or 1.6 GTX. It is only suspicion there.

Mods: Please remove this content if you think it is baseless allegation and should not be here

Summary:
Anuroop (No more with Fiat)
Suspicion of changing parts and never addressed the issues (I had opened 2 threads in team BHP).

Solar: (Kukatpally)
Disobedient to customer (never mentioned to us that Lower Arm is not original. Do not know what links they have with Anuroop) and of course problems were never fixed permanently.

Autofin (BowenPally)
Pathetic. Apologies being harsh. But I explained in one of the threads started.

Mazda (Secunderabad)
Non-suitable parts fitted in the car. Never mentioned that Lower Arm is not original. He fitted one nuckle for free.

Mallik:(Shaikpet)
Wrong first impression.

Classic Cars:(Moosapet)
One more guy in the list. Need to check for some time.

Total parts replaced:
1. Nuckle - 4 times
2. LowerArm - 1
3. Shocks - 2
4. Clutch Assembly -1
5. Clutch plates -1
6. Throttle Body - 2*
7. Cluster Meter - 2*

*Under warranty

Car condition:
Running condition is OK. But Cluster meter has not been working. We just left it in the same condition. Does not affect our daily driving. Never cared.

PS: All of the above workshops do not know how to set head light properly.
Hmm...very long. I thought of starting a thread but never find time and energy to do so. I have already rated "Below Expectations" and did not give my reasons. Thought it would be appropriate to give my reasons as requested thread initiator. In summary experience with FIAT A S S is pathetic for Adventure and Meets expectations for my Palio. I choose "Below Expectations".

Last edited by rao_battula : 30th December 2009 at 20:48.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:54   #78
BHPian

My experience with Wasan, Chembur, Mumbai.
Car - Palio S10
Problems faced : Fuel injector light used to glow on its own during drive, car used to lose power, engine used to vibrate a lot.

This problem was rightly solved by replacing the Ignition Coil.

They also advised that the front suspension is gone, so replaced that.

Why I rated them below expectation :

The suspension cost told to me by the service guy was around 7/8 thousand, Since I knew the actual cost,which is around 3/4 K (Thanks to T-Bhp), I was able to counter the service guy, He later apologied saying he got confused with the suspension of some other Fiat model.

Cars AC was not working, I asked them to check, and let me know the cost. Service Guy calls up saying compressor is not working needs replacement, cost 12K, I asked them to leave it as it is. (This problem was rectified by a local AC mechanic, he filled GAS and AC is working fine now, cost Rs.450)

While taking my car back from Wasan, My Swiss army knife which I used a key chain, was missing, service guy apologised (My mistake I should have removed them)

On reaching home , I found out that the plastic air filter pipe was broken and was neatly sealed by WASAN, by some black tape. (This was charge denied by the service guy, and he did not have any stock) The black tape is still working so did not bother much. (My mistake I did not check engine bay area, while taking my Car back)

Fiat logo was missing from the rear end of the Car, this was informed to the service guy, who promptly removed one from another car and offered to paste in on mine. (This I declined)

Based on the above experience , I do not recommend Wasan, they were more interested in servicing TATA cars.

Now looking at some other FIAT service centre in Mumbai, since my silencer seems to be rusted needs to replace the same, dont know if they have any stock.

Cheers

Major
Old 30th December 2009, 22:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Okay, as of now, approximately one in every four customers is disappointed by Fiat's A.S.S. One in four is pleasantly surprised by the standards while the remaining two customers are neutral regarding the service. What do you guys think? Is that a good report for Fiat or does it prove that Fiat's service is indeed poor?
Old 30th December 2009, 22:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Through my last 7 years of owning FIATs, I have utilised the following service centers ranked according to their level of competence:
  1. FIAT ASC in Gwalior way back in Dec 2004 (Don't remember their name but used them twice, once on the way to Panna and while coming back. They were GOOD!
  2. Anna Auto Garage - Chennai - Fiat Sub Dealer - Any day better than Sundaram FIAT
  3. Sundaram FIAT
  4. Gandhi Auto - TATA/FIAT Dealer in Nagpur - Very Eager to help and treat customer issues as priority
  5. ATIL Auto
  6. Vivek Auto - Decent if you can stand there the whole day and get your work done. If you leave your vehicle, then God help you!
  7. Anuroop Auto -Hyd - Worst of the lot.
Overall even though Mahindra vehicles are supposed to deal in general with cruder class of the society ( I supposedly belong to that class by virtue of driving the Bolero) they Customer Service is way better than FIAT/TATA in 90% of the cases.
Old 31st December 2009, 11:19   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Okay, as of now, approximately one in every four customers is disappointed by Fiat's A.S.S. One in four is pleasantly surprised by the standards while the remaining two customers are neutral regarding the service. What do you guys think? Is that a good report for Fiat or does it prove that Fiat's service is indeed poor?
It all depends on how you want to look at the statistics. I don't think "Met Expectation" is same as "neutral". For me, it looks like out of 4, 3 are satisfied with what they are getting, while 1 is not. Not bad for FIAT, in my opinion, but I also think that FIAT should work towards getting that 1 disatisfied member to their side.

ps: I also think that most of the disatisfied ones are the erstwhile Palio-owners and not the current Punto/Linea owners. You can infer two things from this. Either, FIAT A.S.S is changing for good, OR problems with FIAT A.S.S are likely to crop up in the long term.
Old 31st December 2009, 12:47   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I don't think "Met Expectation" is same as "neutral". For me, it looks like out of 4, 3 are satisfied with what they are getting, while 1 is not. Not bad for FIAT, in my opinion, but I also think that FIAT should work towards getting that 1 disatisfied member to their side.

ps: I also think that most of the disatisfied ones are the erstwhile Palio-owners and not the current Punto/Linea owners. You can infer two things from this. Either, FIAT A.S.S is changing for good, OR problems with FIAT A.S.S are likely to crop up in the long term.
Well one out of four is still a pretty big number.

But then, it is necessary for us to know what the owners of other brands think. For instance, if 9 out of 10 customers of other brands' are satisfied, then clearly Fiat is falling behind. On the other hand, if the industry average is around 75% satisfaction, then its not too bad.

Regarding the Punto/Linea vs Palio thing, its something we don't know. It may be, it may not be.
Old 31st December 2009, 20:01   #83
BHPian

For a company that did not have even 10% satisfaction rate till circa 2008, 75% satisfaction rate a year after means a good turn around from the lethargy. What good A.S.S needs is a stimulus and initiative from the manufacturer and Fiat, atleast seems to be earnest about it. Like I said before, 4-5 years down the line will determine the where Fiat truly stands.
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:36   #84
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your responses and votes. At 140 votes this is the scene,
Rating Votes %
Excellent & Outstanding 4 2.86%
Exceeds Your Expectation 29 20.71%
Meets Your Expectation 71 50.71%
Below Your Expectation 21 15.00%
Improvement Needed 15 10.71%

I would say its not bad for a company to get close to about 75% which had a difficult past surviving in india. As we have seen in a few responses, atleast with newer models the levels of satisfaction seems to have has increased. The industry average would also be something similar i guess.

What it needs is to gain confidence among the owners if they could atleast open a few dedicated Fiat only service centers atleast in big cities then that would be great, obviously they can't break away from Tata just like that. The real challenge also lies when these Puntos/Lineas starting getting older in another 2 to 3 years.
IMHO overall it meets expectation and should definetly improve more to get to the next level.

Note: Mods can continue the thread and keep it open for few more votes or decide as appropriate.
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:55   #85
BHPian

how strongly I wish if FIAT after sales service was some human, and I could punch on his face and knock him off.
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

First 2 years of ownership: I was taking my car to FIAT exclusive Service called "Jay-Vijay". Though they dint have very upmarket customer lounge, they were able to service the car pretty well and on time always.

Last 2 years: As FIAT exclusive centers are closed, currently taking my car to BUB. I am more than happy with their service. I can always stand right in front of my car while its being serviced.

I would rate FIAT service experience as 8 out of 10.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 2nd January 2010 at 19:18.
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:02   #87

Meets Expectations (barely)

Hi,

Have a Palio 1.6 which has done about a year now. I have taken it to Concorde Motors in Worli, Mumbai for servicing twice now.

Plus: Courteous staff, good follow-ups, punctual delivery and reception.
Minus: The car always came back with some minor electrical niggle. The first time the cabin lamp got switched around - instead of staying on while the door was open (which was the factory setting) it remained off when the door was open and came on when I shut the door. I got this fixed at the second service and now my side-light indicators don't cancel off, sometimes even I have taken a u-turn. Nothing major but pretty irritating. I would have been disappointed if it was a car issue but seems to me these minor things have been caused by some sub-par technician in the workshop.

Oh and the guard around the left spotter light (those small lights below the headlights? Not sure what they are called) broke. STILL waiting for a replacement, it's been nearly a month now. I don't mind waiting but the workshop can't seem to give me any idea on when the part will arrive. Thankfully it's again a cosmetic problem, not sure how I would like it if something major happens.
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:56   #88
BHPian

Name : Sridhar P
Car : Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD E+
Place of Purchase : Bangalore
Place of Service : Bangalore
Service Centre : Concorde Motors

Voted for : Meets Expectation

Also had palio 1.2nv earlier. Service was ok for that as well.
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:35   #89
BHPian

My Experience 7 out of 10 (When 10 is highest level of satisfaction)

Well, I have been using a FIAT for almost 4 years now. I have serviced my FIAT cars in Wasan, Shaman, Fortune, Wasan (In that order). My experience with Shaman was very good and maximum among the 3 mentioned above. Wasan has also been quite good, but they need to be more flashy like the Honda dealers. Fortune, I did my 1st servicing for Linea there, no compaints. They were just about OK! The vehicle was taken on time and delivered on time. Got my vehicle in a good condition and I was overall happy. So, I would say, overall FIAT service has been meeting my expectation.

Last edited by omar1310 : 3rd January 2010 at 00:37. Reason: spelling
Old 3rd January 2010, 01:33   #90
BHPian

My friend's car( punto multijet, emotion) is still under repair at R.F motors,Ernakulam,Kerala, after an accident on November 2nd. See this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ccident-4.html
He had to call the Fiat customer care for the spares to be delivered for starting the works. Expecting to get the car this month.
So in my opinion R.F motors,ernakulam(or Fiat) simply sucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks