Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 19:31   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Why you should buy -
Buy the car for the reasons you mention. I believe you will have 3 years warranty. Punto spares are quite affordable and easily available. NCR region has a good amount of FASS. Also, the Delhi Fiat group is pretty active and helpful. I would recommend going ahead with the purchase.
Thanks for the encouraging words.
These were exactly the reasons why I went ahead and booked the car. I am pretty confidant that I can deal with the service issues specially since this is a car that I love. These were just the 11th hour blues and thanks for clearing my concerns.

I am in Pune BTW (Got to change my location in the profile )

It would be great if any Pune Fiat owners could pitch in with views.
Old 25th September 2013, 19:37   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Thanks for the encouraging words.
These were exactly the reasons why I went ahead and booked the car. I am pretty confidant that I can deal with the service issues specially since this is a car that I love. These were just the 11th hour blues and thanks for clearing my concerns.

I am in Pune BTW (Got to change my location in the profile )

It would be great if any Pune Fiat owners could pitch in with views.
Pune is probably the best place to own a Fiat. Minimal transportation lead time for spares. Also, lot of knowledgeable mechanics (non ASS) are there.
zoombiee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 13:39   #348
BHPian

For me the Fiat service has been nothing short of atrocious. For one whole year they couldn't solve the startup issue with my car. Once that was solved, a strange powerloss issue at every 30-40kms has cropped up. The Tata-Fiat split-up has hit me and other Fiat owners from Assam the hardest. Earlier there was a Tata/Fiat dealership/service center at every district. Now, there is just one that is shared by all the 8 NE states. Even to address minor issues, I now need to drive 350kms+ for the A.S.S at Guwahati. Really feel like selling off the car which has now only run 11k kms.
Old 22nd August 2014, 17:53   #349

Hi,

I too have recently shifted to Pune and need to get some repairs done for my Fiat Linea.
Any idea which is the better dealer between Sky Moto and Pandit Auto? Any opinions or pointers to recent service experiences would help.

thanks,
Kart.
Old 22nd August 2014, 23:10   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
Hi,

I too have recently shifted to Pune and need to get some repairs done for my Fiat Linea.
Any idea which is the better dealer between Sky Moto and Pandit Auto? Any opinions or pointers to recent service experiences would help.

thanks,
Kart.
Pandit Auto Bavdhan is Ok. Decent enough. No idea about Sky Moto.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2014, 04:07   #351
BHPian

To answer the original question, I have had a mix of good and bad experiences which depend highly on the service centre you choose.

I bought a Punto in Noida last year and went to service with Oberoi Fiat Noida on couple of occasions, purely it was because the location of service centre was close to my office at The Corenthum, Sector 62. Here is how I tested them. I went on 22 March for a general check-up, tried to create a rapport with the service guys and told I had to drive to Chandigarh and further ahead to Kasauli and interiors of Himachal. Please assure that I would be all safe throughout. I was given the car back in an hour and told that everything is fine and perfect, no need to think till next servicing of 30k (my car odo was 18k then). I prefer servicing at 10k points due to apprehensions with regards to engine oil, coolant, etc. I came back and gave the car for servicing in March last week and they had a long list of things with a bill of 8k ready with oil change, brake pads, blah blah blah! OKay, they did what was required in the standard SOP for servicing and I doubt they have 1 or 2 items added for extra billing (considering the deviation from Kashyap Fiat Noida, more on that later). I am okay with following that SOP if they have one in place. But, why any SOP was not followed at the time of general check-up that is even clearly written in car manual? My safety could have been jeopardized due to their fake assurances before heading to Himalayas/Shivalik. Furthermore, they charge for pick and drop service till Sector 62 Fortis, which is a stone's throw from their location in Sector 63! On my first servicing, I had been there to fix a stereo system with them where the accessories guy was busy arguing that I could have given you cheaper than what you got online and blah blah blah. None of your business is what I had to say!!

Then, I tried Kashyap Fiat. Amazing experience. Free pick and drop, drivers on time and co-operative staff considering their overall demeanour. Did the same thing there, gave for a general check up and then for servicing at short intervals on odo but long break of time as I was out on work travel. (25k and 28k). To my surprise, the technician (Mr. Yogesh - highly recommended) remembered that the car was just given for general check up a month ago. He assured that major issues were fixed during general check up so the cost of servicing would be less. My cost in general check up was 3k and after servicing was also 3k. Fantastic! They forgot my pen drive to put back in car. Next day, sharp 11 AM, it was delivered free of cost without considering the long distance (I lived in Nithari, Sector 30) and the showroom is somewhere far on Dadri road. They gave follow up calls even after that and I received a call 1 month from then to confirm what's the reading on my odo. They assured over phone that 'if you have any doubt, give it to us, we won't mind giving it back free of charge including free pick and drop'. When I chit-chatted with a driver once, he told names of employees in Oberoi Fiat and said he worked there earlier. Was saying that Kashyap's orientation towards customer service was way better than Oberoi, and all the employees love it too. Employees are happy to be sweet to customers and getting good responses from customers unlike daily arguments which makes their lives a hell.

Now that I have relocated to Pune, I won't be giving them but I would recommend this to Noida Fiat community.

Now getting any great reviews but I think need to opt for Pandit Automotive considering overall reviews here. Any idea of their pick and drop service as Bavdhan/Mulshi Road is quite far off from my place???

Just for the perusal of all readers, here's a review I found about Sky Moto Akurdi on T-BHP itself.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...il-change.html
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:28   #352
BHPian

Looks like Fiat themselves recently opened a showroom + service center called Fiat Caffe in Koregaon park, Pune.

Pandit auto in Pune was sadly closed last month due to poor sales. So now Pune is left with 3 Fiat dealers (Sky moto automotive, Jay Vijay motors and Fiat Caffe).

Anybody have any experience with Fiat Caffe ? Since it is run by Fiat themselves I don't think it will be any issue. But I still want to get some feedback from you guys.

Last edited by amvj : 22nd September 2015 at 19:31.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:22   #353
BHPian

Hi Guys

This thread was last updated on Sep 2014. Please let me know the status of Fiat India. I am planning to buy a hatch in Pune. Is it worth to buy Punto / Fiat ? My question is more about service and spare availability.

Sites like 99rpm.com has Fiat spares but it is would be better to have proper service centers.

I am bit afraid to buy a Fiat. Lack of dealer / service center is one reason and it seems Fiat is not interested to introduce any news models in India. Except the Abarth versions of Punto, Linea and the 500, I cannot find any solid car from Fiat that seems to rival other manufacturers.

The closure of Fiat dealer Pandit Auto in Pune is a shocking news to me however, I come to know that Fiat themselves has a service and sales center in Koregaon park called Fiat Caffe.

Please advise.
Old 21st February 2016, 00:03   #354
Senior - BHPian

Discovered the thread just now.

Bought my TJet+ in Bombay from Balaji Motors

Couple of under warranty (door open sensor and non functional vanity light)replacements at Balaji Motors, experience A1

First service in Bombay at Balaji Motors, experience was A1

@DILLI

Boot lid struts replaced under warranty at Tulli Motors, experience A1

Second service at Oberoi Motors in Noida along with a tail light assembly replaced under warranty, experience A1

Bought Tyvek cover from Auto Kashyap. Order booking (without advance) status updates, call alert upon receipt of the accessory from factory and final billing and delivery were all smooth and timely, the fact that they moved from one premises to another did not alter the promised delivery period or relegate the order to a 'suspense' status, experience A1

Third service at Tuli motors, experience A1

Bought spare remote key from Tuli motors. From order booking to key coding the experience was A1

Fourth Service at Auto Kashyap along with running repair replacement of rear AC vent (broken at 3M detailer), experience A1

All service centres had trained people, were professional in their jobs, had all parts/consumables in stock, did not return a dirty/shabby car and all of them delivered on time every time.

Last edited by khoj : 21st February 2016 at 00:05.
Old 21st February 2016, 16:14   #355

I just bought a pre-owned Fiat Linea but received only one key with it. On enquiring with the service center (Balaji Motors, Thane), I was quoted 6.5k for a new remote key or 3.5k for a standard key. Is there any way to get a key for less o am I stuck with paying this huge amount?
Old 21st February 2016, 16:18   #356

I just bought a pre-owned Fiat Linea but it came with only a single key. The service center (Balaji Fiat, Thane) quoted 6.5k for a new remote key and 3.5k for a standard key. Is there any way to get a key for lesser amount or am I stuck with shelling out a big amount?

Also, the service center did not show me the service records for the car claiming the site was down.
Old 21st February 2016, 18:17   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianarchie View Post
I just bought a pre-owned Fiat Linea but received only one key with it. On enquiring with the service center (Balaji Motors, Thane), I was quoted 6.5k for a new remote key or 3.5k for a standard key. Is there any way to get a key for less o am I stuck with paying this huge amount?
I though the amount for remote key was around 5K, didn't know they have increased it. Since Balaji is no longer FASS, they might be charging the extra. Try Life Time Mobility at Thane or RS Motors at Kandivali. They will give you the correct picture.

Mind asking why did you buy the car which had only one key?? I would suggest change the locks and get a separate set of keys. Worth putting additional amount now and eliminate the risk of theft.
Old 21st February 2016, 19:48   #358

@ghodlur I thought Bajali Fiat was an authorised service center. They claim so on their site: http://www.balajifiat.com/contact-us.php

Is Lifetime Mobility a Fiat authorised service center? I googled but didn't find any other service center in Thane.

I'm a first time buyer and I didn't think to ask whether there was a second key available until after buying. I didn't know it would be so expensive either. The car's condition is pretty good so I took a chance on it.
Old 21st February 2016, 23:50   #359
Senior - BHPian

If it helps, the spare remote key was 6000/- & the manual one 4000/- a year or so ago when I bought the remote one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianarchie View Post
The car's condition is pretty good so I took a chance on it.
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:35   #360
Senior - BHPian

My Linea is a pre-owned one. The previous owner couldn't find the Code Card, will I be able to get a new remote key (need an additional one apart from the spare key) with just the old keys, or will I *need* the Code Card?

Does FIAT keep a record of the key codes for the cars ? (Hope they do).

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 22nd February 2016 at 11:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks