Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 01:02   #271
BHPian

Re: FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
My 7 month experience with TFASS - Poor diagonistic ability (nothing can be repired - just change it attitude), poor technical accumen .

(1. Alternator problem - TFASS - Change it 14 k estimate - done out side at Bosce service for RS.450 !. 2. Car stalling - TFASS - Fuel Pump - 11K estimate - My own R&D with electrician - Fuel Pump relay rusted - Rs 100 repair cost. Car has covered 2000+ kms after both repairs TROUBLE FREE)

Availibility of spares is not due to A.s.s, parent company should be blamed.

Really surprised. I think there is not trouble shooting at A.S.S.
They just know to change new parts for any issue whatsoever.
Old 14th September 2011, 10:58   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
I know I am quoting a fairly old post but this line caught my attention. How much does the Punto cost for Rs. 5000 to be 'reasonable' for the second service? From what I understand it is a Rs. 5-6 lac car. Heck, I got my Rs. 6.72 lac Bolero's 40,000 km service done for less than Rs. 4k. Do all FIAT owners find this price of second service reasonable?
In second servicing (mind you this is at 15,000 kms or 1 year) as in any servicing for any car, consumables like oil, oil filter etc are changed. I also changed wiper blades. The oil itself would cost 3000 odd Rs.

Compared to all modern cars, the cost is reasonable. You would understand this if you happen to know the cost of servicing for other cars. For VW Polo, if you go through the various threads you would get an idea what is the cost of ownership, I don't need to elaborate.

On a side note, Punto 90 HP emotion PK or 1.3 MJD EPK itself would be more expensive than the price you have mentioned for your Bolero!
Comparing servicing cost of Punto with Bolero is like comparing apples and oranges.
Old 14th September 2011, 11:12   #273
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
In second servicing (mind you this is at 15,000 kms or 1 year) as in any servicing for any car, consumables like oil, oil filter etc are changed. I also changed wiper blades. The oil itself would cost 3000 odd Rs.

Compared to all modern cars, the cost is reasonable. You would understand this if you happen to know the cost of servicing for other cars. For VW Polo, if you go through the various threads you would get an idea what is the cost of ownership, I don't need to elaborate.

On a side note, Punto 90 HP emotion PK or 1.3 MJD EPK itself would be more expensive than the price you have mentioned for your Bolero!
Comparing servicing cost of Punto with Bolero is like comparing apples and oranges.
Maverikxx2006, you also missed that Baleno is petrol car and uses Mineral oil and the service interval is 5000 km. whereas Punto is Diesel car and using synthetic oil and some diesel car filters are more expensive than petrol cars.
Old 14th September 2011, 11:30   #274
BHPian

Quote:
...Comparing servicing cost of Punto with Bolero is like comparing apples and oranges.
I agree I am comparing apples and oranges as far as the two cars are concerned. But my point of interest here is the price. IMHO there should be a direct correlation between the cost of a car and the cost for servicing it. Spending Rs. 5000 to service a 5 lac car is a lot of money, whichever way you look at it. It is all about VFM. Rs. 5000 may not seem much in isolation. But it is 1 percent of the cost of the car. In effect over 4 services you end up spending 4 percent of the cost of the car. That is a lot.

PS: The above are back of the envelope calculations and only meant to serve as a guide. The figures may not be very accurate but they do give you an idea of the point I am trying to make.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:08   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
Really surprised. I think there is not trouble shooting at A.S.S.
They just know to change new parts for any issue whatsoever.
I still would say the same after experiencing FIAT A.s.s for more than 2 years , with my S10.

I have stopped giving my car to the A.s.s and I get all my servicing and repair done from a very competent local mechanic, in my presence.

Now when I am looking to buy a new car , I seriously love the Grande Punto , though the MJD drive was bit sluggish , blame the S10 for that , even with the long list of features and the corporate discount, exchange bonus and all thrown in the Punto 1.3 Emotion pack for me comes to 7.09 on road Mumbai. I am still considering swift vdi ( Over priced and pretty stripped down) , and beat TDCI ( 3 pot) , just because of my 2 years of labour pain with tata-fiat a.s.s.
Old 14th September 2011, 14:34   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know I am quoting a fairly old post but this line caught my attention. How much does the Punto cost for Rs. 5000 to be 'reasonable' for the second service? From what I understand it is a Rs. 5-6 lac car. Heck, I got my Rs. 6.72 lac Bolero's 40,000 km service done for less than Rs. 4k. Do all FIAT owners find this price of second service reasonable?
Hey I paid Rs. 3896/- for 2nd service of my Rs. 6.5 lac Punto 1.4 E-PK. Does that sound reasonable? To me it does as it includes Rs. 1740/- worth synthetic oil.

Does your Bolero run on synthetic?
Can you give breakup of 4k you spend on servicing. Just for the sake of comparing cost of things replaced.

My close friend has Bolero, the older one, and I agree that its super cheap to maintain
Old 14th September 2011, 16:02   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Maverikxx2006, you also missed that Baleno is petrol car and uses Mineral oil and the service interval is 5000 km. whereas Punto is Diesel car and using synthetic oil and some diesel car filters are more expensive than petrol cars.
Please read the posts carefully before commenting, discussion is about Bolero (and not Baleno) which runs on diesel as far as I know.
Old 14th September 2011, 19:58   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Please read the posts carefully before commenting, discussion is about Bolero (and not Baleno) which runs on diesel as far as I know.
Oh, I am sorry, i missed it perhaps but still does Bolero uses synthetic oil and service interval of 15000 ?, therefore can we compare both.
Another thing, post was not meant against you but letting every one know why it cost around Rs. 5000 for diesel punto. My linea witch is petrol cost around Rs. 3500 because of cheaper filters for petrol cars than diesel.
Old 14th September 2011, 20:04   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Synthetic oil makes up the bulk with around 2.1 K. If you are using Mineral, well u can save around 1.5K
Old 14th September 2011, 20:35   #280
Senior - BHPian

Instead of making absolute comparisons, why not make a comparison based on maintenance cost per km ? This will cover cases of the higher cost of synth oil vs the longer service intervals .
Old 20th September 2011, 17:08   #281
BHPian

Have been struggling to get a Wheelcap for my Palio SDX. Have knocked the doors of all dealers in Bangalore and yet to find one!!

Can I cast a second vote in this thread?
Old 21st September 2011, 11:16   #282
Senior - BHPian

I recently had a pathetic experience at Prerana Motors, while I continue ti have more than pleasant experience with KHT.

Since I changed my job 3 months ago, my new office is right next to Prerana at Kudlu gate. So I gave my car for service there. It was received by Santosh. He seems to be the only guy with good people interaction skills. The service was poor and wash was poorer.

A few days later, when I felt the thud sounds from suspensions (which I later found to be suspension lower arm problem, thanks to a thread here), I went to Prerana again and asked them to check. Some other service advisor told me to book a service. I said I only need a check. He bluntly refused.

I then went to KHT and the ever-smiling Shivaram checked it and said I could drive the car for a few thousand KMs more.

When I went to Prerana once again looking for a door handle, the service advisor gave a blunt answer saying Palio spares are never available (as if to indicate that I am asking a stupid question). I asked him why don't they order. He gave some lame reply.

Today I went again, to change the insurance to my name, from my previous employer's (since Prerana did the last renewal). The lady at their head office had told me to submit the documents there, and do the payment. And the guy who deals with insurance bluntly refused. I told him to at least speak to head office. He actually laughed at me! He insulted me!!

Funny, the same guy was courteous when I had gone for insurance renewal!

So now I am waiting for that lady to tell these guys what to do.

And now about KHT. Well, most of the times they exceed my expectations. When it came to my door handle (which I bought in Mangalore), they painted and installed it for free!!!

And about a year ago, they gave me their Punto petrol test drive car for 2 weeks, after they failed to acquire a new fuel tank for my car for more than 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Have been struggling to get a Wheelcap for my Palio SDX. Have knocked the doors of all dealers in Bangalore and yet to find one!!

Can you check with Automatrix Mangalore? I needed driver door handle and could not find it anywhere in Bangalore. Found it there.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:01   #283
BHPian

I own a Fiat Linea T-Jet and have till now experienced no problems with the A.S.S yet.

I stay in Navi Mumbai and have got work done my car at Fortune Nerul and at Bhatti Motors as well.

The first service was done at 3000km or 3 months and since i was busy at work. The service center was very helpful in that they had my car picked up in the morning, once the car got to the Service Center a Service Adviser went over the car, prepared a job card and called me up to confirm if anything else needed to be done.

The car was dropped back to my place in the evening and i paid cash against the Original Invoice.

Second trip to the showroom was required, courtesy a stone that had caused a minor dent on the Bonnet and the paint had come off, resulting in rust developing.

Since, Fortune was backed up with a lot of cars, went over to Bhatti Motors next door. They offered me a patch-job(Rs.350) or a full bonnet paint(Rs3,500). I went for the complete repainting of the bonnet and the car was to be delivered back two days later on Sunday 10:00am.

Since, getting an auto/bus is difficult they also dropped me back at my place.

Was at Bhatti motors at the appointed time even though it was raining cats and dogs but the car was not ready, had to wait for about an hour to get the complete work done.

Though the full repainting was not up to the mark, the experience itself was trouble free and pleasant.

Hope this helps.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:10   #284
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post

You can also get them from Kava Auto (Mumbai). You can get in touch with Mr.VijaySheth @ +919833606750. They have almost all spares for all FIAT models, right from the Uno to Linea and their prices are also cheap. I get most spares from them.
Old 21st September 2011, 16:17   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
You can also get them from Kava Auto (Mumbai). You can get in touch with Mr.VijaySheth @ +919833606750. They have almost all spares for all FIAT models, right from the Uno to Linea and their prices are also cheap. I get most spares from them.
Thanx. Would they ship the items to other cities?
I don't know anyone in Mumbai who can buy and bring it to Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks