Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 16:13   #196

Quote:
But what a service...I am totally blown away
Quote:
The car i gave was the dirtiest ever but did they do a great job of shining it up..for free. It was actually gleaming. I would say it was almost on par with the paid cleaning i got done at Concorde Mysore road.
Quote:
All in all a big thumbs up !!!!
Since you have done around 18k kms, I am assuming it was your 5th or 6th service overall. How much did the bill come to?

I have a Stile SLX. Its done 15k now. After Manipal closed down, I tried Carnation. Am not too happy with the results. They couldnt find some simple spares like sprinkler tubes, AC vents etc. Plus the alternator/fan belt is lose again.

Going by your review, I am tempted to try KHT.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:23   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maven View Post
How is the service at Autofin or Concord workshops of Hyderabad? If its better than Malik Cars, I would like to give them a chance to experiment on my car.
Thx,
Chandra
Chandra,
Maybe this is a late reply,but here is my take on Fiat A.S.S guys in Hyderabad - Malik,Autofin and Concorde motors.
1.Malik cars - no technical diagnostic ability,late deliveries,improper finishings to a job,very high price.
2.Autofin motors - Good Technical diagnostics,high pricing,understandable delivery times.
3.Concorde motors - very lackadaisical attitude,very poor response,low technical diagnostics.
Of all these,Autofin seems the better bet for their response to customer needs.
My fiat Palio MJD mostly went to Autofin and still goes at 40kkm.
Hope the info helps.
Regards
Old 28th July 2010, 14:39   #198
Senior - BHPian

Thats nice to know!

I was always skeptical about flush and have never done so far, now am pretty keen! btw how many kms has your car run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay View Post
What is it with Stile rear view mirrors!!!!!

I asked to a rear view replacement at KHT MOTORS Whitefield got a somewhat sheepish reply Rs 877/- while Indica is 350, Punto is 300ish Linea is 275!!!!!

But what a service...I am totally blown away
I paid Rs 700/- for an engine flush..was a bit skeptical but tried it with a little coaxing from the service advisor. After the service, i refueled at a near by station, i cranked up the engine to drive out...nothing happened...my heart sank but before recranking i checked the tacho..engine is on but no vibrations at all. The car then also fooled the Emissions guy who was practically staring at the tail pipe and did not realize the car was on.
The car run smooth, torque seems to be up or maybe i am over revving due to the lack of vibrations, mileage surely is up but i will wait for my next full tank.

The car i gave was the dirtiest ever but did they do a great job of shining it up..for free. It was actually gleaming. I would say it was almost on par with the paid cleaning i got done at Concorde Mysore road.

All in all a big thumbs up !!!!
Old 28th July 2010, 14:42   #199
Senior - BHPian

Spares price increased!

I think from June onwards the prices of the spares has shot up, the Palio headlight w/o motor which used to cost 2300bucks is nor "3300", like wise the monograms which used to cost 50bucks is about 200bucks...

Fiat am not happy!
Old 28th July 2010, 14:53   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I think from June onwards the prices of the spares has shot up, the Palio headlight w/o motor which used to cost 2300bucks is nor "3300", like wise the monograms which used to cost 50bucks is about 200bucks...

Fiat am not happy!
Spare prices of the discontinued models will go up - it's not only Fiat.

PS: I need a blue Fiat logo as the one in front of my Palio is gone missing - are they available in T.A.S.S?

Last edited by clevermax : 28th July 2010 at 14:54.
Old 28th July 2010, 14:56   #201
BHPian

I think this is the right thread to ask this question. I recently put a few scratches on the left rear door of my nearly 2 month old Punto. The service guys at KHT Motors say they have to repaint the whole door and that it would take 2 days . I called up Carnation and they gave me a quote of 3500/- for the same. Which one should i opt for ? Is the quote given by the KHT Motors guys correct? Also can i claim insurance for this ? This is my first car and first scratch :( .
Old 28th July 2010, 16:18   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think this is the right thread to ask this question. I recently put a few scratches on the left rear door of my nearly 2 month old Punto. The service guys at KHT Motors say they have to repaint the whole door and that it would take 2 days . I called up Carnation and they gave me a quote of 3500/- for the same. Which one should i opt for ? Is the quote given by the KHT Motors guys correct? Also can i claim insurance for this ? This is my first car and first scratch :( .
Congrats on your first scratch but you didn't mention how much KHT motors is going to charge you?
Old 29th July 2010, 12:46   #203
Senior - BHPian

@newpunter
i suggest you check both the facilities and the quotation and then decide.
i somehow am not sure how good KHT motor people are with servicing.
and yes, you can claim insurance, provided you are able to make a case that your car was vandalised or something like that. otherwise not

don't get the car painted in monsoons. any paintjob should be avoided in monsoons. come what may.

@ topic

on thursday my brother sent his gp 1.3 e to M/s Sanghi Bros., Indore for servicing the car. In the bill they had added air filter change, air pollen filter change and oil change (synthetic). While taking the delivery, upon checking we found that there were indeed dirty air filter and air-pollen filter kept in the boot. but upon checking, we got to know that the car's air-filter and pollen filter weren't changed, but a dirty one was promptly kept in the boot (probably to show that they had changed it). when we checked the engine oil, it was black in color. this is after they claimed they had first flushed the engine oil and then put in the synthetic oil. when we created a bit ruckus, they said that they had "by mistake" put in wrong engine oil, which they will change immediately. when asked about the dirty air fliter and air-pollen filter, they simply said that the mechanic must have "forgotten" about it. When we asked then how did we find some dirty ones in the box in the boot? they had simply no answer.

waiting for FIAT to take some action now.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:29   #204
BHPian

Absolute morons! whatever it takes to cheat an unsuspecting customer! How convinent to say that they have just forgotton! damn! I wonder how many A.S.S dealers do this
Old 29th July 2010, 13:39   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Congrats on your first scratch but you didn't mention how much KHT motors is going to charge you?
Oops sorry, I missed that . KHT motors gave a quote of 5000/- for the same job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
@newpunter
i suggest you check both the facilities and the quotation and then decide.
i somehow am not sure how good KHT motor people are with servicing.
and yes, you can claim insurance, provided you are able to make a case that your car was vandalised or something like that. otherwise not

don't get the car painted in monsoons. any paintjob should be avoided in monsoons. come what may.
I think both have decent facilities. KHT motors so far atleast, has a good reputation in Bangalore among Tata-Fiat service centers.

I didn't realise i couldn't claim insurance if it was my mistake. So i have to think of something to show that it wasn't my mistake. Had bike insurance for 6 years now but never had to claim any insurance .
Old 29th July 2010, 14:34   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Oops sorry, I missed that . KHT motors gave a quote of 5000/- for the same job.
It also depends on how deep the scratches are. If they are shallow then take it to a decent denter-painter and your job will be done under 1k in front of your eyes. Buffering and polishing is all the scratches will need. You can even do it yourself by picking a reputed brand's anti-scratch polish.

IMO do not claim insurance for such a small job unless absolutely necessary. Even if you get it repaired at Carnation and are able to claim insurance, you will still have to pay some charges towrds excesses. Your no-claim bonus from the first year itself will amount to >3k. So chose wisely.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:12   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
IMO do not claim insurance for such a small job unless absolutely necessary. Even if you get it repaired at Carnation and are able to claim insurance, you will still have to pay some charges towrds excesses. Your no-claim bonus from the first year itself will amount to >3k. So chose wisely.
Since my car is leased through the company, I don't think i will get any no-claim bonus on the insurance. The insurance component is paid completely by the company. That's the reason I'm preferring to get this done through an insurance claim .
Old 7th September 2010, 15:21   #208
BHPian

This is the thread I wanted to mention in other thread but it was locked by Mods before I could do it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ways-tata.html where everyone was bashing at the Tata Service Network offering poor service to Fiat Cars and most of them do not even own Fiat Cars.
For them, see the Poll Results here and these feedbacks are from real owners
Old 7th September 2010, 15:54   #209
BHPian

anonymous,

I think most of the experiences mentioned here are from new Fiat car owners. In fact, if you read through each posts, you would realize that some of the experiences could be really appaling to prospective owners . The trouble with TASS starts only when the car racks in kilometers and starts giving trouble. I'm not sure about TASS in other cities. But after visiting almost all TASS in Chennai, I would safely conclude that the service for Fiat cars is very sub-standard. This, I say, after numeros verbal arguments, escalation mails and poor responses thereafter.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 7th September 2010 at 16:07.
Old 7th September 2010, 16:45   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
The trouble with TASS starts only when the car racks in kilometers and starts giving trouble. I'm not sure about TASS in other cities. But after visiting almost all TASS in Chennai, I would safely conclude that the service for Fiat cars is very sub-standard. This, I say, after numeros verbal arguments, escalation mails and poor responses thereafter.
What you are saying is may be true for your area but it doesn't not mean that the overall Network is bad, does it?
Though I agree with you second point because I have experienced it myself.
I have been using Tata/Fiat cars since long time so I have visited almost 7/8 TASS in Delhi and NCR Region. Most of them are mainly into Tata cars but I found only 1 Workshop which had people who were knowledgeable about Fiat Cars and would only look after Fiat Cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks