Exceeds Your Expectation 72 18.14%
Meets Your Expectation 170 42.82%
Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 15:39   #181
Senior - BHPian

I thought the sales teams were different for Fiat and Tata, that's my observation in Bangalore.

The sales guy told me that he would get a 2K commission on selling a fiat car, that's probably quite less in the market. He also quit the showroom, must've joined some other place.
Old 27th April 2010, 16:58   #182
BANNED

guys i know this query is off topic but her it goes.
Which is the best fiat service in Bangalore ??
I have very bad experience with Prerana near Big bazaar so do not recommend them to me.
Old 27th April 2010, 17:26   #183
Senior - BHPian

1st Impression

"Meets Your Expectation"
I own GP 1.4 E-PK and yesterday got it serviced by B.U.B Pune. The car was timely picked up from my office and dropped back 1hr 30mins late then the promised time.

This was the 1st servicing and things done were
1. Front wheel alignment check & adjust.
2. Oil top up
3. Cleaning/Polishing - I was impressed with way it was cleaned from inside

It was definitely cleaner then it was at the time of delivery.
Total spend = Rs. 662/- (300 pick&drop + 300 wheel alignment + 62 tax)
Old 27th April 2010, 17:47   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
300 wheel alignment
Its supposed to be free. It shouldn't be charged. See the service booklet
Old 27th April 2010, 17:52   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Its supposed to be free. It shouldn't be charged. See the service booklet
If I remember it correctly, wheel alignment check is free & adjust is paid.
I may be wrong, will check the service booklet later.
Old 1st May 2010, 13:21   #186
J.Ravi

I find the voting pattern on Fiat A.S.S. [sample size: 242] compares more or less at par with that of Hyundai [sample size: 88] and Honda A.S.S. [sample size: 10], especially 'Below expectation+improvement needed', in Team-BHP. I think, Fiat A.S.S. is blamed more than their under-performance.
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.-hyundai.png  

FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.-honda-.s.s..png  

Last edited by J.Ravi : 1st May 2010 at 13:26.

Old 3rd May 2010, 15:25   #187
BHPian

Meets your expectations. We gave our Palio EL for repainting (only the top panel and the bonnet) and replacement of the combinational switch at Concorde motors, Chennai. A week's time was asked for. The car was given on a Monday, and delivered on the next Monday, 7 days flat. The paint job was immaculate. Switch was replaced, and the car was picked up and dropped back home. No issues, atleast till now.

FIAT seems to be improving.
Old 6th May 2010, 21:10   #188
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I find the voting pattern on Fiat A.S.S. [sample size: 242] compares more or less at par with that of Hyundai [sample size: 88] and Honda A.S.S. [sample size: 10], especially 'Below expectation+improvement needed', in Team-BHP. I think, Fiat A.S.S. is blamed more than their under-performance.
Now, I find Fiat A.S.S. survey has company with that of Maruti A.S.S.! Out of a small sample size of 22, more than 27% have voted for 'Below expectations+improvements needed'. So, Fiat has got a new company with the leading car manufacturer of India!

Team-BHP - View Poll Results
Attached Thumbnails
FIAT's A.S.S, let the real owners speak.-maruti.png  

Old 6th May 2010, 22:28   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Now, I find Fiat A.S.S. survey has company with that of Maruti A.S.S.! Out of a small sample size of 22, more than 27% have voted for 'Below expectations+improvements needed'. So, Fiat has got a new company with the leading car manufacturer of India!

Team-BHP - View Poll Results
So its time to decode the "perception" perhaps or is it "only" the guys in here know what A.S.S is all about?
Old 11th May 2010, 23:19   #190
BHPian

Prerana service center Kudlu Gate is good,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
guys i know this query is off topic but her it goes.
Which is the best fiat service in Bangalore ??
I have very bad experience with Prerana near Big bazaar so do not recommend them to me.
Prerana service center Kudlu Gate is good,

Multijets have service every 10K kms,so very few occasions for testing the A.S.S
Old 12th May 2010, 01:02   #191
BHPian

Used to give Palio 1.6 for service at Concorde, Mysore road. Looked promising initially, but of late I have decided to avoid servicing there due to my recent experience. In-fact, Sundaram used to do a good job earlier after which, yet to find a good place for my beloved Fiat.

Recent troubles have been,
1) Somebody knocked off the right rear view mirror. Got it replaced from Concorde, but they didn't have the inner plastic in stock, which broke due to removal of the original one. This was a month ago, but its still not available. My fault that I haven't found time to procure it from elsewhere, but a minor fault from service nevertheless. Irritating to drive while its hanging around and also no inner mirror adjustment possible.
2) There was an irritating sound from near the engine, turned out to be something to do with alternator winding and costed Rs. 5000 to get it repaired from Sundaram. Concorde quoted 6000 for the same job but also water pump replacement worth 8000 including labour. Ethics, anyone?
It looked and sounded fishy to me about this water pump replacement, enquired with Sundaram since its close to my house and that confirmed my suspicion. Concorde in this case were in a hurry to place the order for out of stock (as usual) pump and even demanded an advance for the same, after being a regular there and done 5 services for which they have an computerised record even.
They are cheats, I don't recommend what according to me was the best A.S.S. in Bangalore sometime back to anyone in future. I do agree, people here have faced bigger hassles (I too have other incidents but that's another story ), but lack of ethics from the staff of Concorde is appalling and the prospect of one needing to learn all the technical aspects of their car to not get cheated is really absurd. I do always feel that the labour cost here is very high even, labour always costs more than the part replaced.

All this, for that wonderful Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:43   #192
BHPian

Fiat Service: KHT Motors whitefield

What is it with Stile rear view mirrors!!!!!

I asked to a rear view replacement at KHT MOTORS Whitefield got a somewhat sheepish reply Rs 877/- while Indica is 350, Punto is 300ish Linea is 275!!!!!

But what a service...I am totally blown away
I paid Rs 700/- for an engine flush..was a bit skeptical but tried it with a little coaxing from the service advisor. After the service, i refueled at a near by station, i cranked up the engine to drive out...nothing happened...my heart sank but before recranking i checked the tacho..engine is on but no vibrations at all. The car then also fooled the Emissions guy who was practically staring at the tail pipe and did not realize the car was on.
The car run smooth, torque seems to be up or maybe i am over revving due to the lack of vibrations, mileage surely is up but i will wait for my next full tank.

The car i gave was the dirtiest ever but did they do a great job of shining it up..for free. It was actually gleaming. I would say it was almost on par with the paid cleaning i got done at Concorde Mysore road.

Tire rotation done for free. so was the fluid top up, they even tried, though unsuccessfully to remove a rattle from the boot door but did a very valiant job now it does not rattle on small bumps only on the very large breakers, again for free. The rattle is due to me being back ended 4 times in the last two years but that is another story. Some 4 items they did for free, i had to sign it off though.

I complained about reverse gear not engaging cleanly on occasion. The Service Adviser offered to bleed the clutch that i refused as i thought it wont help. These guys opened everything up to investigate told me entire clutch is to be replaced at 9000/- due to a "finger in the pressure plate getting too hard" I dint understand much but i refused they put my gear assembly back together now it is the smooothest ever.....and no problems with the reverse gear thus far.

I don't know what is responsible now i hear a servo whirring each time i press/release the clutch(similar to when you open CD drive), wife says it is because the car is so quiet now.

All in all a big thumbs up !!!!
Old 19th May 2010, 13:51   #193
BHPian

Mirror for Rs. 877, I paid Rs.1400 to replace right side one without inner casing. Why so much difference, mine is GTX though. Inner casing should be another 300, but still out of stock.
Old 31st May 2010, 13:29   #194
BHPian

Poor/below average: Incompetent to fix FIAt cars related issues.

This review/opinions is about Malik Cars Hyderabad. I'll rate their service as poor or below-average.

I've covered around 7000 kms on my 8-month old Punto MJD E+. I've faced only one problem - ie., left indicator failure. Faced this problem during the first week of ownership - Malik Cars, Hyderabad took *TWO* days to fix this problem.

Recently (on 27th May, 2010) faced the same problem again. And, they took *TWO* days (again!) to fix the problem. The bad part is, they called me and said that the indicator problem has solved and I can collect the car. When I went to the workshop, I found that the problem is not yet solved - and both (left and right) indicators stopped working. After 3hrs, they fixed the problem.

Now, the worst part is: the problem has resurfaced again today (31st May, 2010). I complained to workshop guy, he said he will be sending the helpline vehicle to fix the problem. I cant understand why cant they fix the problem forever.

I am deeply frustrated/disappointed with the FIAT-TATA service. As long as the car runs without any issue - their service (periodical maintenance) looks very good. Once the car throws trouble, you will get to know the *REALITY* of FIAT-TATA service and their competence in solving/handling FIAT cars.

How is the service at Autofin or Concord workshops of Hyderabad? If its better than Malik Cars, I would like to give them a chance to experiment on my car.

Thx,
Chandra
Old 18th June 2010, 20:03   #195
BHPian

Not current owner but owned Fiat Palio D for 7 years (Apr 2003 to Mar 2010)

Original dealers were well trained on machines but were poor on spares stock and support.

Tata Fiat ones are not well trained on machines and are poor on spares stock and support. (There can be no excuse for Wiper blades not in stock at three dealerships that I checked in Last week of May when everyone needs them)

My experience with Fiat India was good. I needed Water Pump that was not available with dealers. When I contacted Fiat India they arranged it in 24 hrs.

Generally I believe Fiat needs much less A.S.S. than many other vehicles but when needed support must be available immediately.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks