Below Your Expectation 69 17.38%
Improvement Needed 68 17.13%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2010, 13:50   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Oh!! My oh My!!!! Can somebody save me from Fiat!! They are really getting on to my nerves.

After nearly 4months and plenty of assurances, I sent my car to get a few parts replaced and get the second service done. In came a shocker now, the lady who gave so many assurances called me now and informed that she is going to order those parts and will let me know the status on monday.
What!!!

God give me a break!!!

EDIT: Finally some respite. The lady just called me back and informed that the parts are indeed available in the stock and will be fitted into my car. When asked why did she inform in the negative, she just had a smile! Just goes to show how well trained the staffs are, Great!!
I was supposed to get the car yesterday evening with the spares replaced and second service done. But the service incharge called up at 6pm yesterday and informed that the car hasn't been washed yet and since it is already evening he will deliver the car the next morning. I was furious, but had to say OK for obvious reasons.

Got a call from the service incharge(SI) at 10am this morning. And this is what happened.

SI - Sir, the car is going for washing, come and collect it at 2.30pm.

Me - I want someone to drop the car at my home.

SI - Sir, no driver available at the moment.

Me- Are the spares replaced?

SI - No Sir, the stock hasn't been opened yet. It will be available on Monday, come and get it replaced on Monday.

Me - [doubtful & furios] I have been waiting for these particular spares for more than 3months and you guys have been dodging for so long and still you continue to dodge. Alright, I will come and collect the car at 2 but you have to arrange for someone to come to my home on monday and fix the spares, Ok?

SI - Ok Sir.

Me - [At 12pm] called him to let know the amount in bill. No response

Me - [12.30pm] Call in waiting. No repsonse

Me - [1pm] Called him again . No response

As I type this post, I'm still waiting for his phone call. I speculate they have done something wrong in the car and trying to fix up. With no one picking up the call at TASS, I don't know what has happened to my car. I need my car this evening for a faimly outing, but....

Fiat - I have nothing to say to you, but people who are contemplating Fiat- Please Please stay away!

Last edited by CliffHanger : 4th April 2010 at 13:59.
Old 4th April 2010, 14:42   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
I took my Punto in December 2009, and the rear right door latch has already given off! Thankfully for me, the door unlocked when it was parked, and not while on the run. I am now driving around a 6 lakh hatch with the rear door tied with a rope - because, no dealership around this place has a latch in stock! The expected time to get such an important part is 5 days to 2 weeks (each dealer had a different time period to say).

The last time I had to run behind three different dealers to get another assembly - and finally managed to get them in pieces from two different dealers. The indicator lamp had given off about a month back, and that made be run behind the dealer for two days - at last, it was diagnosed to the a fused bulb!
The quality of the components used are very below average.

Our Linea had few problems, The wiper nozzle attachments came off, Bonnet Lever broken/came off, seat adjustment lever broken/came off, quarter glass re-fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The car is certainly an amazing product, but the after sales is certainly not. I am no seriously disgusted by the way FIAT is handling their spares inventory.
What amazing product, it may be amazing while inside the glass doors of the showroom, once out side everything falls/breaks off.

I wish i could have meet the Q C head of this company.
Old 7th April 2010, 23:37   #138
BHPian

Quality Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
The quality of the components used are very below average.

Our Linea had few problems, The wiper nozzle attachments came off, Bonnet Lever broken/came off, seat adjustment lever broken/came off, quarter glass re-fixed.

What amazing product, it may be amazing while inside the glass doors of the showroom, once out side everything falls/breaks off.

I wish i could have meet the Q C head of this company.
Stricter Quality Control will result in high rejection rate which in turn increase cost (no personal experience). My brother-in-law is electrical engineer and for some time he was in Quality Control department in a private company. He was requested to go bit easy on quality control due to high rejection rate (as told to me by himself).
Old 13th April 2010, 09:47   #139
BHPian

My recent experience.

My Punto MJD E+ just hit 5000 kms. I was in Pune this weekend and I'm not at all comfortable with the roads there. So my wife would roll down the windows and keep asking for directions. So on one more such direction asking event, wife rolls down the window, tries to roll it back up and it aint happening no matter what we try.

So obviously at first, upset on the incident. Next step try to call the 1800 numbers but to my surprise, they dont work from the mobile phones. Any one know how to use them from the cell phones? I tried +911800... 0008000, 01800, etc etc... nothing worked.

Anyway, used asklaila.com from the phone and found out Pandit Automotive's number, told them the problem. The person asked if the car is in drivable condition and they asked to bring the car in. Interestingly, we were very close so to the place so we went there.

The guys opened up the door panels to check the problem. The motor assembly was working but the door had been dislodged. The reason for that was the plastic fork that held the window was cracked. So I ask the SA - Can you Fix this as I need to go back to Mumbai?

INTERESTINGLY - he had the necessary spare parts that go power windows with the motor assembly. He fixed it, shampooed the car, gave me the bill of Rs.0 to pay stating it is covered under warranty, no questions asked.

I was PLEASANTLY surprised. I visit the Fiat Accessory section, pick up the carpet mas flaps for 1K and leave feeling happy.

So two things can be inferred.
a) Not happy that the power window assembly failed on the car due to a cracked fork. Assuming this is a one off incident for me.
b) Very happy that the dealership had the necessary spares, replaced it with no hassles and I left in less than 60 min with the problem fixed back to Mumbai.

Last edited by aarenes : 13th April 2010 at 09:48.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:01   #140
BHPian

Coolant Leak in Linea

Yesterday morning after parking my car at the office parking, i found trails of water/oil drops on the path.

All of a sudden i found water/oil leaking underneath the bonnet. I got really terrified. Touched the liquid and thank god its not oil (only the previous day i had given for 2nd service and filled Mobil1 synthetic oil for Rs. 4000).

Opened the bonnet and found the coolant tank empty. Called up the TASS immediately and informed them of the situation.

They immediately send an engineer to my office which is 15 kms from the service centre, checked the entire car and found the hose connecting the coolant tank had come off the clips.

They immediately fixed it, filled the coolant (they went back and brought the coolant from the service centre) and the entire operation was completed in short time.

While i appreciate the TASS for their prompt support, i am damn upset this had happened. Was wondering what would have happened if i was on a highway and got stranded !

Nevertheless should Thank the Concorde guys (Mr Sairam, Centre manager) who coordinated and rectified the issue with less impact to my routine.

Hats off to the Concorde Chennai team for their prompt response/support.

Last edited by bnzjon : 13th April 2010 at 10:03.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:34   #141
BHPian

I had an interesting experience during the Fiat first free service camp at prerana motors.
There was shamiyana and wat not for the customers. The moment a fiat arrived two guys will run to serve the driver. I know it was all show off for the fiat personnels.
All I wanted was to meet the fiat representative, or I was not giving my car for oil top ups etc. (thats wat they were suppose to do).
Finally I got to meet Mr. Praveen from fiat. I assured him that I'll make him witness the ill happenings at prerana.

After three services, the prerana guys were never able to diagnose the front brake sound, which was apparantely bcoz the brake pads were broken into two pieces. So my car was running only on rear brakes. I showed the brake pieces to Mr. Praveen who got a shock of his life. Long live that roadside mechanic who diagnosed the issue lately and replaced the part.

Then many things happened in between such as improper washing etc. which were all seen by Mr. Praveen.

Finally, while I was leaving the service advisor summarized me on the work required in the car. He said," Sir your engine oil has worn out and needs a replacement" .. I was like wow, this was the moment I was waiting for. I rushed back to my car and took out the receipt of ~2500 bucks for filling selenia a week back from prerana motors. I showed the bill to Mr. Praveen and to the service advisors. I did not have my camera or I would have shown you guys the expression of service advisor then.

Then Mr. Praveen told me that he has got a lot of inputs. This free service camp was meant to jot down these kind of issues only. He assured me that given some time, things will turn out positive.

I gave him assurance that I am NOT coming to TASS again anyways, so improvement will not make any diff to me at least.
Old 13th April 2010, 17:25   #142
BHPian

I started this thread sometime back and now I am sharing a real trouble shooting experience

Steering rod fluid leakage

Few days back I observed some leakage from under the engine bay, thought it was engine oil. Its wine colored. Since it was sunday that day had to take it to service center next day. They lifted it up and inspected and found to be the steering rack/rod leakage from below. Even there has been a constant sound which has been coming when turning the steering. They said as per warranty this will be replaced and luckily they have the part available. This car has been hardly driven , just 1500 km in 4.5 months. Not sure what could be the reason, HPS fluid giving away so quickly in a new car thats really surprising. I had the same sound/problem which I had mentioned to Fiat at 1st service when I had left the car unused for 2 weeks. Probably they just topped the PS fluid then. Even in free service camp they topped the fluids. But I dint bother to look at what all they did. But eventually the HPS fluid gave away.

Later when I got my vehicle the next day I was told They have replaced the Steering assembly, cost is 22.5k + PS fluid 0.5K = 23k total bill, but I paid zero. Under warranty they have replaced it and also provided 1L PS fluid free of cost. Initially they were charging saying it was a consumable, then I had to argue and tell them had it been fixed earlier it wouldn't have leaked at the first place. Funny thing I had to show them a print out of fellow BHPian's post, where he had mentioned that it was given for free . I asked them to check with Tata Motors/Fiat directly as it was given for free at other dealers. They were reluctant at first saying they need a regd number to verify online if indeed it was given for free, but later they gave it anyway. Now the steering feedback is even better, earlier there was some hissing sound when turning too much, that seems to have disappeared.
Yes, I am disappointed in Fiat because the steering assembly part was not upto the mark. But at the same time I was quite happy that they replaced the entire part costing 22.5k instead of doing some quick fix to prevent the leakage which the service guy mentioned is one more way of fixing it.And the best part it took just 1 day.

Well when I bought my Punto, i20 was a serious contender and even it has steering assembly issues (read on TBHP threads). So I guess no manufacturer is perfect.

Last edited by samsan02 : 13th April 2010 at 17:28.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:14   #143
BHPian

pleasent surprise

I own a S10 got about 48k on the clock.

No major problems till last saturday.

Since then the idle rpm has been fluctuating sometimes and then settles steady at 1500 revs. I showed it to my mechanic he was suspecting the throttle body. I got that cleaned fitted back no luck.

Today morning the car started , shuddered and stopped . Re - started the car no much luck.

I called fiat on the helpline -

01. The call was taken prompty ( no listening to music )
02. The CSR was understanding took down the details promised to call me back in 15 mins.
03. He called me back on time and had a local guy lined up for giving first aid and also had a tow arranged ( if necessary )
04. The charges for the service was settled in a conference call with the local garge , fiat and me.
05. The ambulance party arrived in time diagnosed my car can be fixed only at the super speciality.
06. Meantime fiat called back to confirm the arrival of the tow and also got me an appointment at concorde motors.
07. I was put on a conference call again with manager of concord with fiat ,to ensure the location of the service center.
08. I arrived at the service center people were at lunch meantime I paid the tow party and waited for a service advisor.
10. Within 10 mins i was attended to and the manager met me and requested the car be kept for 2 days so that they could do a thorough check and give me estimates to the problems.
11. During this time fiat called up again to confirm my location and if
I was being attended to. I thanked them for all the help they provided

Well this experience gives a lot of confidence to the claims of improved customer service

I will update my experience at the A.S.S
So far it has been more than i expected

Last edited by Eddy : 14th April 2010 at 15:36. Reason: Not more than two smilies per post.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:10   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post

They immediately send an engineer to my office which is 15 kms from the service centre, checked the entire car and found the hose connecting the coolant tank had come off the clips.

While i appreciate the TASS for their prompt support, i am damn upset this had happened. Was wondering what would have happened if i was on a highway and got stranded !
Did they have an explanation as to how this could have happened ? Do you suspect some goof-up during the 2nd service ?
Old 13th April 2010, 22:57   #145
Senior - BHPian

@bbops1: They dealt with me in exact same way (conference call, then again follow up calls) when I had problems starting my car. It was a faulty crank sensor.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:27   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was supposed to get the car yesterday evening with the spares replaced and second service done. But the service incharge called up at 6pm yesterday and informed that the car hasn't been washed yet and since it is already evening he will deliver the car the next morning. I was furious, but had to say OK for obvious reasons.

Got a call from the service incharge(SI) at 10am this morning. And this is what happened.

SI - Sir, the car is going for washing, come and collect it at 2.30pm.

Me - I want someone to drop the car at my home.

SI - Sir, no driver available at the moment.

Me- Are the spares replaced?

SI - No Sir, the stock hasn't been opened yet. It will be available on Monday, come and get it replaced on Monday.

Me - [doubtful & furios] I have been waiting for these particular spares for more than 3months and you guys have been dodging for so long and still you continue to dodge. Alright, I will come and collect the car at 2 but you have to arrange for someone to come to my home on monday and fix the spares, Ok?

SI - Ok Sir.

Me - [At 12pm] called him to let know the amount in bill. No response

Me - [12.30pm] Call in waiting. No repsonse

Me - [1pm] Called him again . No response

As I type this post, I'm still waiting for his phone call. I speculate they have done something wrong in the car and trying to fix up. With no one picking up the call at TASS, I don't know what has happened to my car. I need my car this evening for a faimly outing, but....

Fiat - I have nothing to say to you, but people who are contemplating Fiat- Please Please stay away!
Hi Cliffhanger,
This problem is not only with the FIAT but also with other manufacturers too. One of my friend's Dzire met with an accident on the GST Road three months back and his car is still in the garage of the Maruti service center. Reason given by them is they are awaiting for the parts from Haryana. He even raised issue with the Maruti customer service. But, nothing happened. He even threatened the dealer that he will go to court. Still, nothing happened. He hasn't got his car back till this moment.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 13th April 2010 at 23:28.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:35   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was supposed to get the car yesterday

Why did you not call the FIAT helpline. They are "supposed to be" very good at what they are "supposed to do". Please do give it a try.
Old 14th April 2010, 00:40   #148
BHPian

i really really love the fiats...
we have owned mostly all of em..the 137d , 1100 , Uno !.7 , Palio S10... where palio being the last fiat we might ever buy.
love the cars. i think no one makes cars as good as them but they totally screw up when it comes to service .
the worst of the lot and degraded specially after the Fiat-Tata thing...
we have to let go of our Killer S10 cause the A.S.S were not ready to sell the spares over the counter and neither could they repair it even after keeping the car for 1.5 months...
I was the one to fight for Fiat ( during social discussions ) but they let me down.
If a Fiat guy is reading this , you have lost a very passionate customer.
Old 14th April 2010, 15:00   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Why did you not call the FIAT helpline. They are "supposed to be" very good at what they are "supposed to do". Please do give it a try.
I thought Fiat helpline should be used only when the car leaves you helpless and stranded, but here I was left helpless by the service.

I think it's time that Fiat adds two more helpines: Fiat service helpline- for people who want to complain, vent out their anger and frustration, about the service; and Fiat counselling helplineline - for people to get pacification and consolement for getting badly treated in the hands of Fiat service.

Coming back to my problem, the day I took delivery after second service, I was assured by all the people in the A.S.S that they themselves will call and send a mechanic to fit the spares, they even gave their business cards. But, it's been two weeks now, no signs of call whatsoever. Even after making so much noise, so many complaints, there is no one to take the accountability, no one take ownership of the problem.

Fiat may be making all the right noises in the media, but none could be seen in reality. I wonder what could be the state of a common man who owns a Fiat and has no knowledge on internet and stuffs.

If only Punto & Linea are being sold under Maruti or Toyota, wow.. I'm dreaminng.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 14th April 2010 at 15:11.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:36   #150
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought Fiat helpline should be used only when the car leaves you helpless and stranded, but here I was left helpless by the service.

I think it's time that Fiat adds two more helpines: Fiat service helpline- for people who want to complain, vent out their anger and frustration, about the service; and Fiat counselling helplineline - for people to get pacification and consolement for getting badly treated in the hands of Fiat service.

Coming back to my problem, the day I took delivery after second service, I was assured by all the people in the A.S.S that they themselves will call and send a mechanic to fit the spares, they even gave their business cards. But, it's been two weeks now, no signs of call whatsoever. Even after making so much noise, so many complaints, there is no one to take the accountability, no one take ownership of the problem.

Fiat may be making all the right noises in the media, but none could be seen in reality. I wonder what could be the state of a common man who owns a Fiat and has no knowledge on internet and stuffs.

If only Punto & Linea are being sold under Maruti or Toyota, wow.. I'm dreaminng.
If Linea or Punto was sold by Maruti/Hyundai, i will be the FIRST to line up to buy one, do not mind selling my i10 at a loss
However, when someone does not care about my money, i feel they do not deserve it. In spite of so many problems, there are people willing to take the risk, maybe thats why they are not caring much. Seeing the Punto/Linea owners here on TBHP, i wonder if there are any left outside. FIAT guys should visit this forum man.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks