Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2009, 12:54   #1
BHPian

Kothari Hyundai or Sanjay Hyundai Pune

Hi all,

After deciding to buy a Hyundai Verna diesel the next question is from where? For Hyundai Pune has two dealers Sanjay Hyundai and Kothari Hyundai.

Can all you people please let me know your experiences with both the dealers. I have contacted Kothari Hyundai but they are not giving me any discount on any accessory or anything apart from the standard discount/Corporate discount and Exchange bonus.

Please let me know if anyone has got any other discount from Kothari.
Sanjay Hyundai sales representatives are very sad in the sense it feels like they don’t care whether you buy the car or not.

Have got mixed reviews of both the dealers.

Really need to know please help…
Old 18th May 2009, 14:24   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouravsinha View Post
Hi all,

After deciding to buy a Hyundai Verna diesel the next question is from where? For Hyundai Pune has two dealers Sanjay Hyundai and Kothari Hyundai.

Can all you people please let me know your experiences with both the dealers. I have contacted Kothari Hyundai but they are not giving me any discount on any accessory or anything apart from the standard discount/Corporate discount and Exchange bonus.

Please let me know if anyone has got any other discount from Kothari.
Sanjay Hyundai sales representatives are very sad in the sense it feels like they don’t care whether you buy the car or not.

Have got mixed reviews of both the dealers.

Really need to know please help…
You must have some reasons for getting that kind of treatment from Sanjay Hyndai sales reps. I bought my i10 from Sanjay Hyundai this Jan and my experience with them was excellent - In terms of their attitude, sales guy having knowledge on i10, time taken for the road test of i10 and finally, the discount that he gave me. I would rate every step as first rate.

BTW, that reminds me, they have been sending me SMS to collect the Registration Card and I need to pick it up soon.

take care and drive safely
Old 18th May 2009, 14:37   #3

Hi gaurav, I have a good experience with Sanjay hyundai while buying my GETZ Diesel.

You can get in touch with this guy who serviced me :

Nilesh - 9881100228

Maybe you can give him my reference, I work for Bajaj Allianz.

Sameer
Old 18th May 2009, 14:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

May be sales person (at both places) is not feeling/sensing your commitment to buy a vehicle, hence not doing enough to close the deal.

Quote:
I have contacted Kothari Hyundai but they are not giving me any discount on any accessory or anything apart from the standard discount/Corporate discount and Exchange bonus.
May be you can bargain for floor mats and/or mud flaps et al. Nothing more.

Personally, would decide dealership depending upon proximity to service center of these dealers. Sanjay Hyundai has service center in Bhosari whereas Kothari Hyundai has three centers in Satara road, Bopodi & Kharadi.
Old 18th May 2009, 14:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

My friend & cousin bought Getz & i10 respectively from Sanjay Hyundai & both of them had very good experience.
Old 18th May 2009, 16:24   #6
BHPian

Hey all,

Seems people are inclined towards Sanjay hyundai.
Anyone has any experience with Kothari hyundai.

Have to book the car this week or so.

Thanks for all your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
May be sales person (at both places) is not feeling/sensing your commitment to buy a vehicle, hence not doing enough to close the deal..
That cant be at kothari i was there to book the car..but didnt due to some problems still they didnt give me discount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Personally, would decide dealership depending upon proximity to service center of these dealers. Sanjay Hyundai has service center in Bhosari whereas Kothari Hyundai has three centers in Satara road, Bopodi & Kharadi
I stay at bhosari so the obvious choice is Sanjay hyundai but then Bopodi is also not far as well so distance is not a criteria.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th May 2009 at 16:31. Reason: see note in post
Old 6th July 2009, 10:32   #7
BHPian

Don't know if this is too late.

I have experience with of both of them as taken one car from each.

Overall both are same say 0ne is 99 and other is 100.

I guess sanjay is little better but it depends upon who you are talking to.
Old 6th July 2009, 12:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

I have been to both. Once for myself to Sanjay and once for my friend to Kothari.
I felt both were good. Even the salesmen. But I found the people at Sanjay a tad bit warm and eager to convince attitude. But just one visit should not be a stamp of approval.
Old 6th July 2009, 14:23   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

now there is kundan hyundai in chinchwad and a new dealership (garve hyundai) is opening shortly in wakad...
Old 14th September 2009, 09:05   #10
BHPian

I went to Kothari yesterday to check out the i10. The salesperson was very cordial and helpful. However one incident spoilt the whole experience for me. I requested her for a quote and mentioned that she should leave insurance out of the quote. A few minutes later someone she identified as a manager came along and told me that even if I don't take insurance from them I would have to pay them their commission of 2000 odd. I simply blasted them and told them to take a hike.

Sorry Kothari Hyundai, looks like you lost a customer.

I hope the experience with Sanjay/Garve is better.

BTW Garve is still not listed on the Hyundai site. Has anyone visited them so far? Any experiences?
Old 14th September 2009, 13:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAutobot View Post
I went to Kothari yesterday to check out the i10. The salesperson was very cordial and helpful. However one incident spoilt the whole experience for me. I requested her for a quote and mentioned that she should leave insurance out of the quote. A few minutes later someone she identified as a manager came along and told me that even if I don't take insurance from them I would have to pay them their commission of 2000 odd. I simply blasted them and told them to take a hike.

BTW Garve is still not listed on the Hyundai site. Has anyone visited them so far? Any experiences?
Try Sanjay. I told them that I will get my insurance done from my regular guy and they said Okay. They quoted me 19000 from HDFC for my i20 and I got it done for 11000 odd from New India.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAutobot View Post

As per my experience Sanjay Hyundai is better, even their A** is pleasurable experience. After launch of i20 CRDi I contacted both the dealers for Test Drive, but due to RTO issue, it was not arranged immediately, later I got the call from Sanjay Hyundai, but till I'm waiting call from Kothari Hyundai (It does'nt mean they are bad, it may be one off experience).

In my opinion make the use of all three dealers including Kundan Hyundai and try to extract good deal and more freebies.

All the Best.
Old 29th June 2018, 15:18   #13
BANNED

Re: Kothari Hyundai or Sanjay Hyundai Pune

I am not sure if this is the correct thread for my post, so my apologies in advance.

I am planning to go for the 5th gen Verna. Any suggestion which one of the Hyundai dealers can be more transparent and trustworthy to deal with? I stay in Kharadi and would prefer a dealer in PMC area.

I am already having a tough time with a fairly new Hyundai dealership in Nagar road and on process of cancelling the booking.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 29th June 2018 at 15:20.
Old 29th June 2018, 17:28   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I stay in Kharadi and would prefer a dealer in PMC area.
I have been associated with Kothari Hyundai, Kharadi for more than 10 years now. My experience in purchasing vehicle as well as getting it serviced by them has been good. I am not in position to compare with others like Sanjay or Singh or Kundan as I have never interacted with them.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 19:01   #15
BHPian

I too have been with Kothari for a long time now (around 6 years). Never had a problem as such with them. They are very good in terms of sales and service too. Go with Kothari by all means
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks