Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is Maruti Service and Spares getting costlier?
Yes 508 86.10%
No 82 13.90%
Voters: 590. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 11:21   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!

Few Points about Maruti Service :

1. Spare parts price of Maruti petrol cars are very reasonable.

2. The Labour charges are very expensive in Tier A cities. There is around 1000 rs difference in Tier A and Tier C cities in case of S-Cross.

3. If you follow only the jobs mentioned in owners manual, the charges would be reasonable. Do not let your SA push for unwanted jobs.

4. Escalation Matrix is very good in Maruti. You can contact the TSM directly. His contact details would be put up in customer lounge.

5. Nexa service centres are getting opened up. They are not exclusive for Nexa cars. Any Maruti car could be serviced here.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:42. Reason: typo
Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 11:00   #722
BHPian

Guys,
Recently got the 80K Kms Service done for my Ritz D. The total Bill Amount came to 8410 /- excluding Oil, Oil Filter and Air Filter, which i declined stating will do on my own. Attaching the Service Invoice. Does it look OK or anything overcharged or unnecessary?

a) Is the "Front Brake Caliper Assy" and "All Brake Check and Clean" Labour Charges of 500 and 375 justified? Or should it be part of Paid Service Labour?

Another Issue is that i was getting some suspension noise when going over Speed Breakers or Rough Roads and had informed the SA to check during Service.
After Inspection, the SA got back saying that the Suspension Link Rods needs Replacement as well as a couple of other Suspension Components that he has mentioned in the "Recommendations" Section in the Bill. As he said Link Rods were critical to be replaced, went ahead with that. Still i do get some suspension noise while going over Bumps.

a) Are the Suspension Components mentioned in the "Recommendation" Section necessary to be replaced?
b) What is the normal life of these Suspension Components? Checking previous Bills, the Suspension Link Rods were replaced at 46000 Kms but they were covered under EWR. Checking the last Service Bill of 70K Kms, the Stabilizer Bush was replaced as well.

Kindly review and advice.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-chowgule-80k-servicing-bill_1.jpg  

Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-chowgule-80k-servicing-bill_2.jpg  

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th January 2018 at 09:42. Reason: typo
Old 30th December 2017, 15:22   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Guys,
Attaching the Service Invoice. Does it look OK or anything overcharged or unnecessary?

a) Is the "Front Brake Caliper Assy" and "All Brake Check and Clean" Labour Charges of 500 and 375 justified? Or should it be part of Paid Service Labour?
Did you ask for overhauling the front caliper, or was their any issue?? It seems they have overhauled one side caliper, cleaning pistons etc.

All Brake clean and check(except drum brake cleaning) is a part of the Paid service charge. That IMO has been charged extra.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 30th December 2017 at 15:23.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 17:31   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
a) Are the Suspension Components mentioned in the "Recommendation" Section necessary to be replaced?.
They are suspecting front struts and lower arm for the noise. I am not sure about Ritz, but in SX4 lower arm bush is not available separately. I had to replace the lower arm. Check for any oil leaks in the strut. If there is leak, it has to be replaced.
Old 30th December 2017, 18:40   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Did you ask for overhauling the front caliper, or was their any issue?? It seems they have overhauled one side caliper, cleaning pistons etc.
All Brake clean and check(except drum brake cleaning) is a part of the Paid service charge. That IMO has been charged extra.
I did not ask for any overhaul. I will check with them regarding Brake Clean and Check.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
They are suspecting front struts and lower arm for the noise. I am not sure about Ritz, but in SX4 lower arm bush is not available separately. I had to replace the lower arm. Check for any oil leaks in the strut. If there is leak, it has to be replaced.
The SA did not mention about any leak but said there is some Play developed in the suspension.
Thanks.

Last edited by ampere : 30th December 2017 at 19:19. Reason: Compacted post
Old 2nd January 2018, 22:18   #726

I recently got my Celerio serviced at 25k kms at a MASS. The total cost was ~6k. The service cost is definitely high for a hatchback.
flying_spur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 06:50   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_spur View Post
I recently got my Celerio serviced at 25k kms at a MASS. The total cost was ~6k. The service cost is definitely high for a hatchback.
Service interval is every 10K kms, right?! So, was this a annual service or are you doing it at every 5K kms?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:02   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Service interval is every 10K kms, right?! So, was this a annual service or are you doing it at every 5K kms?
Service is 10K or 1 year. However dealers tell people that it's 5K or 6 months. Most people don't bother to check the owners manual. Even if you do they tell you that Maruti has sent a circular that the car has to be brought in every 6 months of 5K kms. Again no one demands to see the circular. I demanded and when they couldn't produce the circular I threatened to report it to Maruti. Hearing this they did the service Free of Cost.
pedrolourenco is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:54   #729

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, this was an annual service. My car had completed 5k kms for the entire year.
flying_spur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 10:19   #730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Service is 10K or 1 year. However dealers tell people that it's 5K or 6 months. Most people don't bother to check the owners manual. Even if you do they tell you that Maruti has sent a circular that the car has to be brought in every 6 months of 5K kms. Again no one demands to see the circular. I demanded and when they couldn't produce the circular I threatened to report it to Maruti. Hearing this they did the service Free of Cost.
Yes, these days it doesn't make much sense to follow the service advisors blindly. If there is a change in service duration, we should ask for the official communication.
Old 12th January 2018, 14:52   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_spur View Post

Yes, it's extremely high if yours is a petrol one & didn't need any extra job. My colleague just got his i10 Grand petrol back from the 30k service & the invoice amount was <5k.
Old 20th January 2018, 21:25   #732
Senior - BHPian

Have been servicing my car at the local MASS for the past seven years. The following services were carried out today.
  1. Timely replacement of engine oil, gear oil, brake fluid and coolant. Pro active replacement of alternator belt, front and rear shock absorbers.
  2. Brake bleeding, cleaning, general checkup, torquing all nuts and bolts.
Skipped the wash and alignment as I have separate places for the same.

Cost of labour: ₹1,760
Cost of parts and consumables: ₹11,750

Eight years and 50,000 kms after purchasing the car, I must say that I am not too worried about the expense. Hence, I can't say Maruti service being cheap is a myth .

Last edited by dailydriver : 20th January 2018 at 21:27.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:28   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen many dealers charge extra for brake cleaning, brake pads replacement labour. Maruti has clearly instructed dealers not to charge extra and these are included under PMS charges. If any dealer charges extra for brake cleaning, just complain to Maruti
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Service is cheap - A myth!-img_20180123_110939.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:31   #734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have seen many dealers charge extra for brake cleaning, brake pads replacement labour. Maruti has clearly instructed dealers not to charge extra and these are included under PMS charges. If any dealer charges extra for brake cleaning, just complain to Maruti
So it is now clear that till now we were paying at the ASC for 'Washing' in the name of service while we were always charged for every small task which otherwise should be part of PMS anyway!

This is an eye opener, especially for EGR cleaning which most of the ASC either denied or overcharged inconsistently within the same city as well.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:49   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is an eye opener, especially for EGR cleaning which most of the ASC either denied or overcharged inconsistently within the same city as well.
Yes, EGR cleaning should not be charged extra. It is also included under 30K km PMS charge. As I said many times before, Maruti is good and strict. The greedy dealers loot the customers. I am sure Maruti will take action and even fine the dealer if customer complains about it.
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks