Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 16:21   #16
BHPian

i recently bought my Esteem VXI from mandovi.
Strategy that I used was...go to RNS/Pratham with check book in my hand...and got the best deal from them...in terms of freebies. At pratham for 1-2 accessories I said i dont want this...give me something else..and at RNS i said the same for 2 other accessories. This way i had the list of all the possible accessories that Maruti dealers stock.
Then I prepared a list of all the accessories combined togather, and went to Mandovi and showed them the final list along with discounts....told them "lets cut the long story short, this is the deal that RNS is giving me..can u match it?I'll prefer to take it from u guys coz ur A. S. S. is supposed to be better than RNS?" 5 mins without any bargaining they agreed to all the accessories

Overall also my experience with Mandovi has been ok. they do try to take u for a ride so be careful and be informed. For eg:- In my bargain I was to get Autocop remote lock with sensors.(mid range model). They gave me basic verson(cost diff 2k). when I asked them abt the sensors, they said its installed and will start beeping once i hit the car hard..After some snooping arnd I learnt that sensors activate even with a light touch...so went to the showroom next day and asked them to show me how to configure the sensitivity of the sensors..they were like this model dosent have any sensors installed....so finally made them change to the better version.

I guess it will be the same story at every dealer...better idea is to get the model numbers/quality indicators decided before hand itself.

Regards,
Old 5th November 2007, 16:25   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Congrats Ramki... let me know from which dealer did you buy the Gear Lock and also the Car...I guess Pratham / Bimal and Sagar offer better discounts then Mandovi
I bought both Gear lock and the car from Kalyani Motors on Mysore Road next to BHEL.
Old 7th November 2007, 08:18   #18
BHPian

Latest - Concord's salesman has offerd me a deal of 30K cash discount where as Autofin says they can give me a better offer. Been to Malik cars at Himayatnagar, they are not willing to offer anything more than 21K. Decided to get the vehicle from Concord Motors cuz of the deal(Malik Cars lost it over here) and service(Autofin sucks). Going to pay the money and paper work at 10AM will get the vehicle at 7PM. Will post pics by EOD today. BTW its gonna be Lill Red Riding Hood :P OOOOOOoops its gonna be a "Palio Stile 1.6 Sports"
Old 7th November 2007, 14:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I bought both Gear lock and the car from Kalyani Motors on Mysore Road next to BHEL.
thanks ramki for the info i will pick one up too...
Old 9th November 2007, 19:46   #20
BHPian

All are ready...
Today the salesman called me up and said my baby got registered and is fitted with all the accessories requested he also said he is giving me sunfilm also(must be garware or so). All in all i thought a good bargain. I'm happy and bringing my baby on this Sunday

Ramki.
Old 9th November 2007, 20:09   #21
BHPian

Congrats, just wondering how you would hold the excitment.

Its gonna be pretty long satudray
Old 9th November 2007, 20:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Congrats, just wondering how you would hold the excitment.

Its gonna be pretty long satudray

Thanks, No problem with that(excitement!) as we are also painting our house, so all are fresh and new . I'm keeping no coin unturned until now... and congrats on your purchase also.. you have my best car choice No. 1 car,but lot contributed me on buying my Waggy. Anyhow, i've no regrets coz i will soon be holding the most practical car and easy maintainence vehicle with me.

Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 9th November 2007 at 20:25.
Old 9th November 2007, 21:33   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyhow, i've no regrets coz i will soon be holding the most practical car and easy maintainence vehicle with me.
Ramki.
It will prove itself as a very good all-rounder. Thats what i've realised after all these kilometers.

Congrats
Old 9th November 2007, 22:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ramki, welcome to the wagon R league. You will find lot of practical and comforting tips each day of your driving a wagon R. If I have to chose a wagon R after being pampered by corolla and land rover in the past, there is defenitely a BIG practical reason to it.

If you are planning to move around in bangalore city, its a blessing to own this car, I will call it a mini SUV from the seat height, overall height of the body, enormous interior space, head room, leg room, maximum utilisation of the space for practical use etc. I will never find this car outdated. Ignore the shape and accept the practicality. Only drawbacks I find and hear from others: 1) hard gear shift which will be smooth to an extend after sometime 2) Insecure feeling at speed over 100 Kmph, (above 40 kmph is only a dream in bangalore city, you might touch 100 Kmph only on outer ring roads), highways it can be avoided 100% by replacing the stock tires as I did.

Last edited by shajufx : 9th November 2007 at 22:35.
Old 11th November 2007, 21:14   #25
BHPian

Thanks Crazy driver and shajufx.
First time in my hands i got my baby today Truely was feeling sky high! I was amazed by the interior space and practical add ons. My initial impressions were very smooth sailing. As i'm still new to driving, i'm still learning on my baby. Shajufx, i liked the shape of the car,so no worry.

I have added my baby pics as of today to my album. Thanks everyone and hope for continued support from now on to my baby
Old 11th November 2007, 21:47   #26
BHPian

oh!!! i'm sorry guys... the pics uploaded from the camera are of 3072x2304 sizes. I'm not able to shrink these large images. Any software to shrink these images?

Ramki.
Old 11th November 2007, 22:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any software to shrink these images?
Photoshop is the software i use. Not familiar with the other smaller ones.
Old 12th November 2007, 07:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
oh!!! i'm sorry guys... the pics uploaded from the camera are of 3072x2304 sizes. I'm not able to shrink these large images. Any software to shrink these images?

Ramki.
You can do that using MS paint.

Open the image in MA Paint and then click on "image" drop down menu.

Then from that menu click on "Stretch/Skew"

In the "Stretch/Skew" Dialouge type in 25 as value for both "Horizontal" and "Vertical" and then click ok

Now save picture in different folder and upload

Hope this works for you.

Naveen
Old 12th November 2007, 09:29   #29
BHPian

Thanks naveen... it worked. I shall upload the pics today evening. As the gear lock and body cover(both MGA) weren't given to me on the purchase day(Yesterday), I got on writing from the sales person to be delivered today along with the number plate and extended warranty card. He gave me the customer satisfaction card and said to give between 8-10 points(Points was between 1-10) and said if given lesser than 8 he shall loose Rs.2K !!!

Also I'm planning for a tyre upgrade as i found the stability is less on these JK Ultima Tyres. I searched for the tyre treads and found Michelin 155x?x13 and Bridgestone 165x?x13 would suit WagonR. I plan to travel during weekends with my parents. The car will be full. Therefore which one do you people recommend?

Thanks,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 12th November 2007 at 09:44.
Old 12th November 2007, 10:33   #30
BHPian

As i said above i got a Finance from Citibank with 11.57% interest rate for a loan amount of Rs.301280/- for 5 years period. When i use online Emi calculators it gave me an EMI of Rs.6637/- ,when clarified with the Citi agent he said they use something called IRR to calculate the interest rate and it gave an EMI of Rs.6720/-. Can anybody explain this whether he is correct or am i being taken for a ride?

Yes, sure you have been taken for a ride they have told you the intrest rate of 11.57% and charged you 12.12% ( emi 6720 ).

Here is the link : EMI Calculators

Most Viewed