Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2024, 10:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Disappointing and harrowing service experiences at Puneet Motors, Worli Mumbai (Tata dealership)

I own 2 Tata Electric Cars now, one is a Nexon EV and one is a Tiago EV.

Both cars have been bought brand new, and are quite reliable. However, a few small quality related niggles have been noticed in both cars, and I report them duly when it goes for service.

Both cars go to Puneet Motors, Worli, for service, and overall, it has always been a painful experience sending the car there for even a routine service, as the cars lie for 2 (or maybe more, if its over a weekend) days without even moving, and no work is done on them, and they cite excuses like they have been overloaded.

My Nexon EV was having an annoying noise from the first week of ownership, and I have sent the car at least 4 times to the service centre, over and above the normal service to resolve this issue, where even in the service, my complaint was always the brake noise, but they did multiple part changes, without resolving the issue.

Finally, I had to write an email to them, that my car has gone to them at least 7-8 times for the same issue, and the issue wasnt resolved, and I did get a call from someone in Tata, assuring me it will be done. I said I would not want it to be done in Puneet Motors, as the usual dilly dallying continues and they would take long. They agreed to give me a loaner car, and I agreed to send it to Puneet.

The car was with them for 8 days, and turns out, it was a simple BRAKE DRUM issue.Please note, I have been paying Rs. 1200-1400 rupees EXTRA every time the car goes to them, citing BRAKE SERVICE. It is NOT in the user manual as part of the Service Schedule, but they scare us saying your warranty will lapse if you dont service.
HOW DID THEY NOT NOTICE THE BRAKE DRUM ISSUE IF THEY SERVICED IT TWICE????

Ok, anyway, the car was sent back, and it's working fine since then.

In the meanwhile, I had a brake light popping up on my cluster in the Tiago EV. The issue was reported to them, and I said they can pick up the Tiago while dropping the Nexon.

The Tiago was picked up promptly but they kept it lying around for 3 days with no resolution. 2 more days later, finally, I got a call saying car is ready.

That same evening I got a call saying, "Sir, we are sorry, we have scraped your car!"
It is a minor scratch.
This call was 4 days ago. I have now received the image of the car in the SAME CONDITION AS IT WAS, 4 days ago.

Disappointing and harrowing service experiences at Puneet Motors, Worli Mumbai (Tata dealership)-whatsapp-image-20240803-10.19.39_8156db41.jpg

THIS doesn't look like a scratch. It most definitely has taken a hit, or been hit against a pole or something hard.

I was furious, and I said I wouldnt take the car back with a scratch. The car is now there in it's 7th day.

To add insult to the injury, I got a CHALLAN from the RTO because they had parked my car OUTSIDE the service centre owing to OVERLOADED situation.

Disappointing and harrowing service experiences at Puneet Motors, Worli Mumbai (Tata dealership)-whatsapp-image-20240731-20.51.55_0c5b1195.jpg

Disappointing and harrowing service experiences at Puneet Motors, Worli Mumbai (Tata dealership)-whatsapp-image-20240731-20.51.50_9a5873e2mod.jpg

I have sent emails to Tata, which I am attaching here. Look at the turnaround times, and the utter callous attitude of Tata and Puneet Motors to their customers, guys.
[ATTACH=Gmail - Urgent_ Persistent Service Issues and Unsatisfactory Experience at Puneet Motors, Worli.pdf]2635848[/ATTACH]

I would recommend thinking twice before sending your car there.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th August 2024 at 07:53. Reason: Owner details masked
frankmehta is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 09:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Disappointing and harrowing service experiences at Puneet Motors, Worli Mumbai (Tata dealership)

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Omkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 22:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Disappointing and harrowing service experiences at Puneet Motors, Worli Mumbai (Tata dealership)

Car has been returned to me in this condition citing "heavy load."

This is in no way, a 'minor scratch'
The car has taken an impact in a bad angle at high speeds.

Car has been lying for one week after the odd job and painting was not done.
Eventually forced to take delivery as they insisted they would do it soon.
My car has been returned without reimbursement of the traffic fine that I was promised I would receive.

I demand replacement (not repair) of the parts involved. The requisite invoices raised and the work done must be communicated to me transparently, is what I have asked tata to do.

Shameless lot that they are, they have stopped responding to emails.

Kindly guide, guys.
frankmehta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 13:42   #4
BHPian

I agree. Puneet motors worli is an uninterrupted running joke.

I got a similar challan from the police because they parked my car on the street and claimed that it's the towing vans fault.

The staff is rude and incompetent. Avoid like the plague
His Highness is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 14:01   #5
BHPian

Just this morning on another thread about Fronx, a BHP-ian claimed Tata cars don't sell because a significant population of our country are TATA haters. And then there is this thread where another BHPIan buys a TATA car and has painful experiences with services for no fault of his.

If this doesn't convince such folks that TATA's poor quality service is a problem for many, I don't know what else will. I am definitely someone who will never consider a vehicle from TATA. The last experience with TATA services was when DoCoMo came out. It had tons of issues and they never took the time to fix the problems. I guess good customer service is not in their DNA.

I am sorry to hear about your poor service experience frankmehta. Hope you are able to fix these issues elsewhere.
sudeepg is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 13:24   #6
BHPian

Dear frankmehta,

I am so sorry to hear about the ordeal. It is the aftersales experience that makes the car ownership experience better.

What shudders me is the audacity of the dealer to deliver the car in a damaged condition citing the reason as "heavy load".

The cars from Tata Stable might be safe and maybe they are trying to be more innovative by launching more and more products. This might improve sales but the products are highly unreliable and their aftersales and service suffer big time.

Koreans and Japanese manufacturers care for their customers. There is no denying the fact that their most customer base is return customers. I don't want to buy a new car out of Hyundai stable just because of the rapport they've developed over all these years.
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 14:05   #7
BHPian

Dear frenkmehta,

I suggest you take this to social media handle like “X” and tag the senior management of TATA. This is completely unacceptable. Even if they are overloaded they ought to take care of your car first since it’s their mistake. To me it looks like delaying tactics where they would delay the repairs for few weeks and then would just shrug it off completely.
nik0502 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 16:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

It is disheartening to witness a loyal customer, who has invested in two products from the brand, enduring such negligence from the dealership. Social media is filled with alarming stories about Puneet Motors, raising serious concerns about Tata Motors’ choice of representation in their home state. There are many more competent dealerships representing troubled brands, struggling to survive in a competitive market who would eagerly seize the chance to partner with Tata. It is crucial for Tata to reevaluate their dealer network and distance themselves from unscrupulous operators like Puneet to uphold their reputation.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 16:35   #9
BHPian

People getting stranded in Ladakh due to TATA''s pathetic RSA, cars being challaned when they are supposed to be ASCs, cars getting damaged at ASC where utmost care is supposed to be given, refurbished battery pack being installed in the name of new battery replacement and so many more cases of customer dissatisfaction. The list is literally endless. If this does not stop people from buying cars from TATA, nothing will.
Even my last two visits at Titan Eyeplus were below satisfactory. In 2022, they messed up my wife's prescription glasses and in 2023, they did the same shoddy job on mine. They make sure that you keep visiting them repeatedly for a one time job.
Last time I flew internationally, it was with Air India. None of the screens were working.
It TATA does not pull up their socks soon, it will be history.
I have taken the resolve of not buying anything from Tata. No jewellery, no watches, no sunglasses or glasses and least of all - a car. I would prefer to take a cab everyday rather than buying any Tata Car.
Blacklisted is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 01:11   #10

Ironically, as someone who used to work for Tata Advanced Systems Limited, I will never in my life ever buy a single Tata car considering the absolutely pathetic after service. It's atrocious how they can neglect a person who's purchased not just one but two Tata EVs.

I really love cars like the Aria, Hexa, Tiago JTP and Altroz but I'm not gonna set foot near them considering their ASCs are mostly run by nincompoops.

You should not leave these guys alone, post it on social media and tag higher management in it. Do not let them get away with damaging your car and for getting you a fine due to their negligence
AceCombatFanIN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 11:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Another Update, same result:

The car is still unpainted. It has been over a month, and 2 weeks odd, but the car is still not called in for painting. I got a call from Mr. Johnson (the ONLY saving grace and the nicest person in the entire workshop and whole situation) that he would keep a brand new bumper painted and ready, and would collect the car as soon as he could.

NO reimbursement of the Fine has been provided yet, and no one has even contacted me about the same.

Mr. Harshad Mulekar, Customer 'Care' Manager has stopped picking up my calls, and doesnt have the courtesy to return calls, or messages. I wish to escalate this callous attitude from my end, but I think it will lead to a dead end, just like Puneet Motors' attitude to my entire situation.

Here's the CLINCHER: The issue for which the Tiago EV went to the service centre, IS BACK!

Seriously, WHAT A JOKE!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 23:17   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post

Shameless lot that they are, they have stopped responding to emails.

Kindly guide, guys.
Write an email to Shailesh Chandra. If you can't find his email, i can provide the same. They will be running on toes once that mail is sent..
Tmittal93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 10:47   #13
BHPian

It's time customers realised that Tata Motors is not going to improve so long as their sales keep going up. When people stop buying their cars they will perforce improve. Might already be happening.
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks