Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2024, 21:54   #1
BHPian

Bad experience with Himgiri Hyundai Service, Hero Honda Chowk, Gurugram | Avoid

I gave my i20 NLine for its 1st service (1500kms / general check up) to Himgiri Hyundai, located at Hero Honda Chowk (sector 34), Gurugram.
I had purchased my car from Himgiri in Sector 53 and hence decided to stick with them, at least for the 1st service.
I had requested for a pick & drop of the car from my office, located in Udyog Vihar.
While I was almost expecting to have an underwhelming experience (due to reading numerous accounts on car dealerships & service centers on this forum), I did not expect that a general check up (wherein the SC actually has to do NOTHING) would be a disappointing experience.

I will use bullet points to list down what all happened -

1. Driver disconnected the dashcam immediately after exiting my office post picking up the car. While the front only had its power cable removed, he went ahead and completely removed my rear camera from its mounting and left it hanging over my parcel tray.
2. I had requested the CRM, the service advisor (SA) and the driver about checking and correcting the wheel alignment, as I had a feeling that it was slightly off.
What they actually did was ruin it further, and now my steering is DEFINITELY off-center while trying to keep the car in a straight line. If you're not competent enough, better to just leave it alone, rather than ruin something further.
3. This "check-up" had to include a free wash & vacuum, as was informed to me by the SA. When the car came back, I noticed that the bottom 20% of the door hadn't been cleaned at all, on either sides. The bodywork was full of swirl and wipe marks (indicative of a dirty rag used to "clean" the car). The bottom skirting wasn't touched, or so it looked like.
4. When I started the car in the evening to head home, noticed the drive info showed "02:30hrs" of engine run time. My morning commute is 35 mins, the drive to and from the service center is a max of 45mins in total. This basically meant that my car was kept on at the service center for more than an hour, for god knows what reason. (I cannot know since dashcam was disconnected, remember?). Average FE had dropped from 14.xx when I gave it in the morning to 10.xx when I got the car back (I assume car was kept on and the service center guys were enjoying the AC while seated inside). DTE had reduced by way more than it should have.

Imagine disappointing your customer when you had to do NOTHING, just check and return the car.

While I haven't written and informed the service center of this (I plan to tomorrow), there obviously is going to be no resolution. The max I expect is that they would want me to send the car again for an alignment and better cleaning (how will you correct it now when you couldn't the first time?).

Let me sum up my first new car service experience.

I spent petrol to send my car to a service center, have its dashcam mount ruined, have my wheel alignment made worse, have employees enjoy the comfort of the AC in the car and then have it sent back to me, about as dirty as it was when I handed it over.

Needless to say, my car isn't going back to this particular service center.
chaksjr is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 09:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Himgiri Hyundai Service, Hero Honda Chowk, Gurugram | Avoid

I feel awfully bad after reading this and I empathise with you.

When I sent my N Line for its first service to Universal Hyundai Najafgarh Service
Center, I too opted for a pick up and drop. Little did I know that the service center technician who drove that car would be takin git for a joyride. He was driving the car at highway speeds in a residential area.

Within Dwarka, on the route from my home to the service center, there is no place to drive the car over the speed limit of 50. The guy however crossed speeds of 90 kmph and 115 kmph to and fro respectively.

Service center manager was informed about this, but I’d hardly imagine they did anything. I should have made an official complaint.

Since day one, my car has had a rattle on the right driver door. I requested the service center to look into this during first service. They did, and someone broke the door trim itself, while trying to open it up. Pretty sure they observed it while the car was at the service center, but turned a blind eye. Only when I reported this issue a day later, they accepted the fault and ordered a replacement door trim at their expense. I appreciate that they accepted this and offered a resolution without fighting it out.

Coming back to the rattling issue, they sent a guy to check it out and while it was checked out multiple times, they could not agree that there was a problem in the first place. It took over an year and 3 dealerships to actually get this one sorted. During last service at Sapphire Hyundai Dwarka, it was identified that the door speaker was possibly faulty, but they suggested to visit their Mayapuri Service Center (about 9 kms away) and perform re-diagnosis.

I moved to Noida in December and finally, some time back at Karma Hyundai Sector 80, Noida the rattling issue was solved after the cause was identified as a combination of (possibly) faulty speaker and a plastic part: a bad washer. After replacing both of these things, the problem is solved. For the last few months before this replacement, I had stopped listening to music from the speakers because the rattle would creep in every time and spoil the experience.(Imagine the disappointment after spending so much on a car only to not be able to enjoy music due to faulty finishes)

Next, about 6-8 weeks into ownership, something in the Dash started making a weird sound on starting the car. Service manager identified it as a faulty AC actuator, which they replaced under warranty. In order to do that, they opened up the dashboard and steering column. After they fixed it back, in the following days and even the same day itself, I could feel my Car veering towards left, but the service technician disagreed. I showed and explained how it was happening but after no interest from the service technician or service manager to accept the existence of this problem I gave up on this conversation and left.

Few days later, I went there for a door change (I was sold a new vehicle with a repainted door from this dealership itself; it was another fight to get it fixed). I again complained about the left-veering on even straight roads and they ran alignment on the vehicle again. Nothing much showed up there and the car was visibly still moving towards the left in the following test run. The service engineer this time said that it is the road banking that is making the car seem like it’s moving to the left. Let me say this: I had visited that road numerous times in the past on this same vehicle and the car always maintained in the same line as the steering without fail.

Hopeless scenario, when you are not skilled enough to solve a problem, blame it on external factors. This finally got fixed when I took it for alignment a few weeks later to Manish Tyres, my nearby go-to for wheel alignment and balancing.

All this and after reading through numerous other reports of vehicular mis-use, similar to your vehicle and my own experience, I decided to spend as much time as it takes but stay with my vehicle every time it is serviced or goes to a service center any time any work is required. Once or twice every 6 months, I will take up that pain.

While it is painful to spend an entire day on this activity, it might be a better alternative to an accident/road incident/car damage resulting from their joyrides or their oversight. Because if there is an accident, it is your insurance they will ask you to claim on, and if there is a car damage in the workshop, they will most likely not accept it in the first place.

Last edited by SixPistons : 1st June 2024 at 09:43.
SixPistons is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 10:36   #3
BHPian

Re: Bad experience with Himgiri Hyundai Service, Hero Honda Chowk, Gurugram | Avoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPistons View Post
I feel awfully bad after reading this and I empathise with you.

While it is painful to spend an entire day on this activity, it might be a better alternative to an accident/road incident/car damage resulting from their joyrides or their oversight. Because if there is an accident, it is your insurance they will ask you to claim on, and if there is a car damage in the workshop, they will most likely not accept it in the first place.
I agree with your closing points, absolutely. This is my first new car and I thought to at least try the experience of pick & drop. Well not going to use that again for sure, and would even go to the length of sitting at the service center while the car is being serviced.
Safdarjung Hyundai is just a 5 mins walk from my workplace, planning to try them the next time. You've had a troublesome experience, hoping the car stays rattle free now on. Even I feel at times that there is a slight rattle from the driver and passenger side B-pillar, not sure what is the cause though. Will take a look at it independently from a trusted FNG, no use relying on dealerships as they're usually least interested to help you out for such things (where in there is no money to be made).
chaksjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 10:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
Well not going to use that again for sure, and would even go to the length of sitting at the service center while the car is being serviced.
Safdarjung Hyundai is just a 5 mins walk from my workplace, planning to try them the next time.
Yes, hard but good call. Sapphire Hyundai is 5 minutes away from my place and overall okay, so I generally go there.

Quote:
Even I feel at times that there is a slight rattle from the driver and passenger side B-pillar, not sure what is the cause though. Will take a look at it independently from a trusted FNG, no use relying on dealerships as they're usually least interested to help you out for such things (where in there is no money to be made).
While the last bit is likely true, make sure the FNG makes a non-intrusive analysis. Even trusted, FNGs are mostly to be rough with vehicles. Hoping fun times with your N Line.
SixPistons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 12:38   #5
BHPian

Not the best start to the long-term relationship an owner expects to be forged when entering into a brand. The service centre should have done much better.

On the contrary, my recent experience of getting the first servicing of my Exter AMT done from Hans Hyundai, Motinagar (Delhi), was simply top-notch. The car was picked up from my place by one of their senior drivers, who showed up sharp on time, dressed in their uniform. Polite, to-the-point, and punctual.

While I was tracking the car remotely, received a call from the CRM as soon as the car reached the service centre 15 minutes away, thereby acknowledging that the vehicle was safely received. What followed was a call from the SA 30 minutes later to discuss if I had any issues, and the creation of a WhatsApp group with the escalation matrix that included the contact details of the GM Service (Hans), as well as the Hyundai Motor India Area Manager.

I had requested them to ensure that all glasses are cleaned properly with a fresh cloth to avoid smudges of polish / wax, that create severe reflection at night. The car was delivered in the evening upon my request as it was too hot outside in the afternoon, and I was sweetly surprised to see the quality of the cleaning and wash - simply excellent.

Overall, a big thumbs up to the quality of service at Hans Hyundai, Motinagar.
forester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 20:04   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forester View Post
Not the best start to the long-term relationship an owner expects to be forged when entering into a brand. The service centre should have done much better.

Overall, a big thumbs up to the quality of service at Hans Hyundai, Motinagar.
Exactly, as a starting point of a potential long term relationship, the SC should have indeed done much better. At least live up to the basic expectation. Unfortunately they failed to do so.
Thank you for mentioning your experience with Hans, maybe they're a possible alternate when I need to look for one at the next service.
Old 1st June 2024, 23:57   #7
BHPian

I once had a bad experience at a Maruti service center in Pune. My headlight cable was broken and Ganesh statue on the dash was removed and kept in glovebox lol.
They delivered the car, I called their manager, he apologized and then sent a van next day with 2 service center guys. They resolved both the issues and apologized again.

Does Hyundai not take feedback after servicing, can't you write to Hyundai and raise a complaint about misalignment and the fuel consumption? At Maruti they normally call for feedback as well.
Old 2nd June 2024, 11:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draunzer21 View Post
I once had a bad experience at a Maruti service center in Pune. My headlight cable was broken and Ganesh statue on the dash was removed and kept in glovebox lol.
They delivered the car, I called their manager, he apologized and then sent a van next day with 2 service center guys. They resolved both the issues and apologized again.

Does Hyundai not take feedback after servicing, can't you write to Hyundai and raise a complaint about misalignment and the fuel consumption? At Maruti they normally call for feedback as well.
I haven't received a call, yet. Initially I thought to email their SC manager the next day listing out all the issues, but then somehow just left it. I could still write to them but I am pretty certain the response would be 'please send the car again we will correct everything', which is not what I want.
Old 5th June 2024, 14:24   #9
BHPian

UPDATE

I got a call yesterday from the GM of the service center. I had dropped an email on Monday morning regarding the complaints I had.

I went there today morning to get the alignment corrected. Seems to be much better now though I am not entirely convinced with it still.

The other issues were more of a "better be careful" next time note to them, which I hope they will be. Sorted, for now.
Old 18th June 2024, 14:35   #10

Quote:
Needless to say, my car isn't going back to this particular service center.
Please do not keep quiet. Draft an email to the respective Hyundai Official (Email/Phone must be present on WhatsApp Group). The dealership will be at their toes to resolve the same. Hyundai, Maruti & Toyota are very particular about their customer satisfaction.

Once, I had my car undergo some Body & Paint Work authorised Bodyshop of Maruti. When I reached the BS for picking up my car, I found it to be in a horrible condition. The Paint Job was absolutely awful, the fitting of parts were super unprofessional, the car dirt filled inside out, seriously it was heart wrenching! I immediately went back without taking the delivery of the car and wrote an email to the respective Maruti representative indicating all the issues along with pictures. The very next day, entire team from Nexa was calling me to meet up at the Bodyshop. I went there and it was shocking to see that even the senior most official were only attending my car. The whole paint work was redone, they had also arranged a loaner car for me, dry cleaned and polished the interior and exterior to such an extend (it was hard to complain IMHO).

Such complaints can not only have the dealership penalised, can infact snatch their dealerships as they do not follow the procedures and process allowed by manufacturers.
TorqueAddict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 15:42   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueAddict View Post
Please do not keep quiet. Draft an email to the respective Hyundai Official (Email/Phone must be present on WhatsApp Group). The dealership will be at their toes to resolve the same. Hyundai, Maruti & Toyota are very particular about their customer satisfaction.

Such complaints can not only have the dealership penalised, can infact snatch their dealerships as they do not follow the procedures and process allowed by manufacturers.
I did write an email as I've mentioned earlier in this thread, dealership did take some corrective action for the alignment but the other points are more a 'please take care the next time' type of a warning.
I don't really want to meddle in their personnel handling.

Though for my next service I will be trying somebody else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks