Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2023, 20:12   #1

Tata Tigor accident | Frustrating after-sales experience with Tata

Tata Motors Post-Sales Service is a masterclass in frustration. In the thrilling world of car ownership, it's not just about picking the shiniest metal ("Desh Ka Loha' as many users shout on social media)on four wheels; it's also about the post-sales service. Strap in for a rollercoaster ride as we delve into my recent escapade with Tata Motors post-sales service, a journey that could easily rival a Greek tragedy.

Picture this: My innocent Tata Tigor, minding its own business at a traffic signal, is suddenly treated to an uninvited dance with an MG Hector in full-speed tango. As an added bonus, it decides to waltz into a Maruti Wagon R ahead, leaving my beloved Tata Tigor in a rather avant-garde mangled state. The desh ka loha is strong and nothing happens to me. Same with MG Hector. The Wagon R standing ahead is now shorter by 25%.

After this electrifying performance on the road, I rushed to contact Tata Motors for assistance. Their initial response was like a soothing lullaby – they promised to mend my wounded car and return it to me in no time. (15 days approx) What a comforting thought! But hold onto your hats, folks, because the plot thickens. I thought that this is pretty quick also because my Insurance Policy is through Tata Motors Insurance Brokers. I leave my car at Inderjit Auto (Jogeshwari, Mumbai) in the hands of Mr. Chaitanya.

In the realm of communication, Tata Motors displayed a level of commitment that would make Houdini proud. They mysteriously disappeared, with my attempts to reach them met by an eerie silence. It was almost as if they had mastered the art of vanishing without a trace. If a Mr. India remake is to be made, he could be working at a Tata Motors Authorised Service Centre.

A mere two weeks, they said. However, it appears that they have a unique interpretation of time. My car has now been enjoying a leisurely stay at their service center for a jaw-dropping 38 days, almost like a long, unplanned vacation.

In my valiant efforts to voice my concerns and complaints, Tata Motors provided me with an enlightening experience – the sound of crickets. They showed a level of attentiveness to my pleas that's truly remarkable, in the sense that they didn't respond at all.

The relationship manager made a WhatsApp group with me and his bosses and puts the status; awaiting spare parts periodically and his bosses do not reply. I sometimes think that this is a planned activity and they are mocking at us as customers of the brand.

This isn't my first rodeo with Tata Motors' post-sales service, and I can confidently say that they have consistently maintained their unique brand of service excellence. For those considering the joys of dealing with Tata Motors post-sales service, I wholeheartedly recommend it... if you're a fan of mystery novels with no satisfying conclusion.

In conclusion, my saga with Tata Motors India's post-sales service has been nothing short of spectacular. The lack of communication, extended repair time, and their unapologetic indifference to customer concerns have given me a newfound appreciation for irony. It's my hope that this blog serves as a cautionary tale, offering a glimpse into the delightful world of Tata Motors' post-sales service.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tigor accident | Frustrating after-sales experience with Tata-img20231005161121.jpg  

Tata Tigor accident | Frustrating after-sales experience with Tata-screenshot_2023102920075087_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg  

Tata Tigor accident | Frustrating after-sales experience with Tata-screenshot_2023102920080160_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg  

bagariachirag is offline   (76) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 21:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Tigor accident | Frustrating after-sales experience with Tata

Very poetic description!

At the level of damage that one can figure out from the solitary picture of the car that you have posted, I would have expected the insurance company to declare it a total loss. More pictures, from the sides and the front end, would give a better idea. The rear suspension mounts seem to have bent, so there's a good chance the vehicle will never drive straight.
SS-Traveller is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 21:42   #3
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Several on this forum have advised that if you really like the car and the showroom experience is dismal, go ahead and get the car. What needs to be added to that is the after-sales experience too as a factor for the purchase. It is no secret here that Tata Motors after-sales service experiences are terrible with most dealers in the country and Tata having no real say or control over these people.

It makes me wonder why people still purchase vehicles from Tata.
sudeepg is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 22:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

What sort of an authorised service center doesn't even have proper leveled flooring for it's workshop, that too a body shop. Just disgusting to see this in 2023.
audioholic is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 23:13   #5
BHPian

Disappointing and such horrible post sales service in a prime market like Mumbai. This is one of the reason why I am worried to move to Nexon EV. There are so many such horror events that it could put Skoda to shame. Loved your writing, sarcasm and frustration all in one. Sadly such writing reminded of late. Mr. Bing!

To your solution, if the work hasn't started, why not move the car to Wasan Motors? Apparently they are the best among the worst in Mumbai. More so, knowing that you had a bad experience, Wasan Motors may try to do better to have an edge for themselves. This thread could also help get your desired solution soon.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 29th October 2023 at 23:14.
VWAllstar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 09:29   #6
BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor accident | Frustrating after-sales experience with Tata

Your mastery over words is amazing and sense of humour towards such a frustrating experience inspiring!

After knowing about such experiences, I wouldn't dare buy a Tata car EVER - period.

Tata just lost a customer for life.

Good luck to you and may peace be upon your situation
Old 30th October 2023, 11:18   #7
BHPian

This here is one of the key reasons why I decided not to plunge for the Tata Harrier automatic. I'd rather live with a weaker, less fancy car as long as I have peace of mind.

The other reasons being that I want to avoid BS6+ diesel issues all the way till diesel is completely banned from cars, and the steering wheel seemed a bit too heavy to fight with every day.

I believe you join the unenviable horde of customers who trusted Tata service and were let down.

I compare this with the almost frantically responsive service that Maruti Suzuki provides and I want to smooch my Brezza.

Last edited by Small Bot : 30th October 2023 at 11:22.
Small Bot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 12:12   #8
BHPian

@bagariachirag so sorry to read about your ordeal. I agree with the fellow-BHPian who has suggested moving your car to Wasan motors.

My faith (or the lack thereof) in Tata A.S.S. remains unshaken. I never recommend a Tata vehicle to anyone, no matter how good the reviews. This is precisely why.

I hope that the Team-BHP post will shake them out of their apathy. Please do spread the word on all social media and try reaching auto journalists (esp Autocar) with your story. Sometimes they step in and this gets the A.S.S. to move.
cityslicker86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 12:31   #9
BANNED

Hi,
The car is a "write off". Any repairs will have an impact on the rear crumple zone. That means the rear of the car will either collapse or transfer impact forces further into the body of the car. Either will increase the risk of injury to the occupants in the event of another rear end accident. This type of repair is no longer allowed in the U.K.
We would describe this type of repair as a "death trap". As road speeds are increasing across India the government needs to look at the whole "car repair" industry. They must ensure that a repaired car is as good as new (not just look like new). Stricter controls are needed to ensure the safety of the occupants and other road users. Very expensive jigs and alignment tools are needed for "OEM" quality repairs, together with a high level of training and testing. I doubt such experience and equipment is widely available in India.
I spend 4 months of the year in India and ride a Suzuki Access 125, first generation. I now carry out my own repairs and servicing. I work as a vehicle mechanic in the U.K. although I officially retired 8 years ago. I brought my own tool kit from the U.K. after buying tools in India that were virtually useless.
However, I am appalled by the lack of knowledge and experience shown by most garages and mechanics in India.
One particular incident finally confirmed my doubts. I took my Suzuki to a garage for some minor work and a service. The "head mechanic" dipped the oil and rubbed it between thumb and forefinger and said "the oil is o.k."
Enough said.
Regards Neil
Redex is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:01   #10
BHPian

It is sad to see what you are going through, apart from the humor one can sense the frustration and agony in your words. Not to mention to see own car in such state for that many days. This post makes me feel that it is better to compromise on choice of car rather than post sales service. This can happen with any dealer irrespective of brand but we have to take into account the probability of this happening across the board.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:08   #11
BHPian

The continued saga of "Vocal 4 Local" and similar horrendous experiences with Tata Motor elsewhere too, in the south, made me go to Hyundai. I wish you good luck in getting your car back in good shape!
Old 30th October 2023, 14:18   #12
BHPian

Tata Motors always makes me think. I was this close to buying Harrier, I am really hoping my next EV is Tata Motors but I am just scared. Hoping to see a cheaper MG or Kia or Hyundai EV in next 2 years.
Old 30th October 2023, 14:22   #13
BHPian

I think it's time for you to say bye bye to Tata. Until that brand and Mahindra promise a niggle free product and great after sales service, I always advise my friends and family never to put their money on their products. Piggy backing on nationality can only get you so far. As a consumer I honestly don't give a damn if you're Indian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese or German as long as you deliver quality. That's all that matters.
BrakeDancer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 16:12   #14
BHPian

Caution : Even though I own a Tata Car, I am not a Tata fanboy, before someone starts labelling me a fanboy.

Like numerous posts in the forum say, The A.S.S of Tata is a hit or a miss, keeping my fingers crossed till now I have not faced any issue with the dealer in Bangalore(Key Motors, Kanakapura Road) when I went for some issues like the engine check light etc, they did attend to my issue immediately even though their appointment slots were full, yes I had to talk to the manager but I guess that will be the norm with any car brand if their hands are already full. Even when I went for a windshield replacement, they were very upfront in telling the process will take 2 days since I was claiming for insurance and exactly after 2 days I got a call saying car is ready.

But reading through so many posts in the forum, I believe every brand has some issue or the other where someone is not happy. I am dealing with a TVS scooter where I believe I was sold a lemon and there is only this much I can do(fighting with them everyday kind of made me realise unless the attitude changes in India where the service provider is actually at the mercy of the consumer and not the other way round nothing will change).

PS: Tata definitely has QC issues and their vocal for local is not entirely true.
puntra800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 17:04   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What sort of an authorised service center doesn't even have proper leveled flooring for it's workshop, that too a body shop. Just disgusting to see this in 2023.
I am amazed to see this. I would not have expected this in an authorised service centre.

At Cherish Honda the cleaners do a wet vaccum clean of the service area through the day to prevent any oil residue on the floor. I did not think that as exceptional at that time. The above pic makes me think differently.
Spaced Out is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks