Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2023, 20:13   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Unofficial gag order by Tata service centers on the Nano in Hyderabad | Refusal to service

Was at a Tata ASC for my Tiago's annual service, so checked with the SA there on this news. He said, there is absolutely no problem / reason to refuse Nanos for service. There is some delay in procuring some specific parts, but no problem otherwise.

A slightly bigger challenge is for older cars such as Indica, Zest and the pre-Tiago gang.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 20:36   #62
BHPian

Re: Unofficial gag order by Tata service centers on the Nano in Hyderabad | Refusal to service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
We have a Nano XT 2015 make with very less running. We regularly get it serviced once an year at Tata Service centers only(Hyderabad).

We have now observed that the service centers have an unofficial understanding among themselves of not to take Nanos for any sort servicing as the spares aren't being manufactured at the Pune plant.

We have literally begged them to take the car for service as we usually don't get it at garages and prefer authorized service centers only.

They have taken a signature that we don't make any noise if the spares aren't available in due course of servicing and would take the car back without the spare being replaced.
This is a perfect example of why Tata is not a serious manufacturer as compared to Ford. The mindset matters. One cannot use a salt manufacturers mindset and extend it to cars. It results in such shoddy service and you end up ill-treating and arm twisting your paying customers into silence.

The govt must penalised them and ask them to pull up their socks and treat customers right.
PowerSpike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 22:08   #63
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tweeted Ratan Tata yet ? It might get some gears moving not only on the Nano but maybe even other models
Old 1st July 2023, 11:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Thank you all for the support and if there is any good garage for Nanos in Hyd, please update here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetp View Post
I have a Nano XTA bought in jan 2018. Done 19700 KMs so far.
Its not a primary car, but using it for my daily commute. I dont intend to sell the car at all and plan to keep it forever.
We own a 2016 Genx XTA AMT as well with 22k on the odo.

Last year I got the service done from Tejaswi Motors, Madhapur.

Although they didn't reject the service as such, they rescheduled it several times and some of the minor issues were not attended to, owing to two factors,

1) Spares availability
2) Time taken to repair/replace the part on Nano.

Unofficially they said that in the time taken to access parts/service a Nano, they can work on 2 or 3 other newer cars. Our is the OTG (Openable tail gate) model which is in fact easier to service than the old FTG (Fixed tail gate) model.

So I think it may have been an unofficial instruction to avoid taking it for service. Not to mention the labor prices are almost the same as the part value, that too for a shoddy work. With this new hike in labor costs, the service costs are almost the same as my other VW's. Now that the annual service is due again, even I'm contemplating to source the parts from Boodmo and get the service done at any reliable FNG. Any FNG's that you have explored so far?

The convenience/peace of mind in traffic due to the super compact dimensions made this the go to car most of the time, also owing to the glass area and visibility, our kids like this more as it let's them have a good all round visibility.

We were seriously planning to replace our Nano with the even more compact MG Comet, but the crazy pricing that too for a downgraded Wuling Air didn't go well with us and dropped the idea.

With both our other cars being DSG's, I've gotten used or rather tuned myself to the switch to AMT, which is indeed quite okay unless one is not revving much and let it seamlessly shift at a steady pace/lift the foot off for a second to initiate the shift. The car is niggle free, the AC is a chiller and the peace of mind in traffic is a boon, so we intend to keep it for a long time as well.

Are you guys part of the AP/TS Nano whatsapp groups or the bigger Nano group?
Would be easier to co-ordinate with fellow owners for spares availability/troubleshooting.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th July 2023 at 14:25. Reason: Minor spacing to improve readability
sriharsha_m87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 14:02   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Our previous service was also at Tejaswi and then I gave it to Orange Hafeezpet and came to know all the happenings around older models of Tata.

I'm not part of any whatsapp group nor the tweets gathered any useful response.

But the good thing is that GM of the service center ensured that he would take care of my car whenever given service and max attempt to get the parts procured.

My another car now going to the same service shortly.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 13:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post

I did some homework when I half decided to buy it. I learned that Venture shares most of the parts with their successful mini truck Tata Ace. The van itself was derived from Tata Ace.
Not just the tata Ace. The engine and mechanicals for the ace are derived from the indica/indigo and even I benefit from the commonality. I recently bought some engine mounts for my 2007 indica and they were all very recently manufactured.
Unofficial gag order by Tata service centers on the Nano in Hyderabad | Refusal to service-pxl_20230702_145438801.mv.jpg

I get my indica serviced from a garage called topline when I was in Cochin, and I'm very happy with them. You should get their contact details from my indica thread as I've uploaded my bills which have contact details.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 21:50   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Contrary to these issues, I had a rather surprising experience with Maruti Spare parts. This is for the SX4 which was discontinued a decade ago. My SX4 is now in my best friends hands and I'm still like it's godfather. The boot release mechanism needed a pair of new torsion bars to enable it's unlatching and spring action to pop it upwards. I was really unsure if these parts would be even available ten years after the production was discontinued especially because this isn't a common wear and tear part nor even a body part. I placed the order on Boodmo expecting it to get cancelled after a few days but voila! They shipped one bar almost immediately and the other bar was kept on back order. That was shipped 1.5 months later and I just realised that this is a freshly produced lot

My friend was also pretty surprised since I had clearly told him when he purchased the car from me that some uncommon parts might not be available, but this one was made available that too it not being shared with any other car in the stable.

Unofficial gag order by Tata service centers on the Nano in Hyderabad | Refusal to service-img_8424.jpeg

Unofficial gag order by Tata service centers on the Nano in Hyderabad | Refusal to service-img_8425.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks