Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2023, 21:41   #1
BHPian

Hyundai service center leaves glass debris in the A/C blower

Hey all, I had recently gotten my front windshield replaced at an authorized Hyundai ASC, won't be divulging any details about exactly what ASC due to my good working relationship with them and will be treating this as a one off incident.

Coming to why my windshield had to be replaced, here is the relevant post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post5538136 (Accidents in India | Pics & Videos)

In short, due to my car being the unfortunate victim of a stone pelting competition, there were multiple small shards of glass all over the cabin and lots of them had gotten into the vent in the front of the dashboard which is used to heat/cool the windshield.

Hyundai service center leaves glass debris in the A/C blower-img_1889.jpg

When the car was given to the service center on the 28th, I had clearly expressed this concern to the service in-charge and he assured me that they would flush the system.

On the 29th, the car was picked up and the windshield had been replaced. The same night when I was putting all the stuff back in, I decided to check all the settings for the blower system. To my utter disbelief as soon as I turned it to the windshield cooling setting, multiple small pieces of glass came out through the vents and made their way across the cabin AGAIN.

Hyundai service center leaves glass debris in the A/C blower-img_1926-1.jpg

The next 30 minutes were spent vacuuming the shards of glass. Now this is utterly ridiculous, does nobody give the entire system a check before returning the car? Even after the exact issue has been intimated to them?

These small details are the reason why even today, Hyundai ASC is lagging behind Suzuki and even Honda, something needs to change.

As for now, I've refrained to escalate this minor mess-up to the manager of the ASC. My 2 cents to anyone getting their windshield replaced would be to MAKE sure that they flush the A/C system, especially if glass has made it into the car.

Cheers!

p.s would like the mods to shift this to an appropriate forum if I've made a mistake

Last edited by jono213 : 2nd May 2023 at 21:44. Reason: punctuation
jono213 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 08:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai service center leaves glass debris in the A/C blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono213 View Post
as soon as I turned it to the windshield cooling setting, multiple small pieces of glass came out through the vents and made their way across the cabin

This is hazardous.

Quote:
Now this is utterly ridiculous, does nobody give the entire system a check before returning the car? Even after the exact issue has been intimated to them?
Multiple reasons,
1. SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) are not clear. Windshield replacement SOP might specify only a generic statement like 'Clean the dashboard and interiors' without mentioning about the AC blower usage
2. Handled by multiple parties, who may not be aware of the specific instructions.

In either case, it is the responsibility of someone at service center to make sure before delivering the car.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 09:31   #3
BHPian

Re: Hyundai service center leaves glass debris in the A/C blower

Quote:
The same night when I was putting all the stuff back in, I decided to check all the settings for the blower system. To my utter disbelief as soon as I turned it to the windshield cooling setting, multiple small pieces of glass came out through the vents and made their way across the cabin AGAIN.
This is outright dangerous. The strong blow of the windshield blower could have blown a small piece of glass in someone's eye. The service center should have ideally vacuumed or ran the windshield blower with the glass off. As they had easy access to the front of dashboard at that time.

But then all the service centers are overworked and just interested in turning around as many cars as possible.
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 13:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
As for now, I've refrained to escalate this minor mess-up to the manager of the ASC. My 2 cents to anyone getting their windshield replaced would be to MAKE sure that they flush the A/C system, especially if glass has made it into the car.
Hi Jono, most of the times I am up for finding amiable solutions to the problem the world throws at us, but I think here you should have pursued the matter with the Service center because the concern is not happened once and can be swept under the rug, What the service center did is highly hazardous on so many counts, and you being the careful one didn't face any injury.

This matter should be raised to the management level to safeguard the future windshield changing jobs.
udzgodfather is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 16:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udzgodfather View Post
Hi Jono, most of the times I am up for finding amiable solutions to the problem the world throws at us, but I think here you should have pursued the matter with the Service center because the concern is not happened once and can be swept under the rug, What the service center did is highly hazardous on so many counts, and you being the careful one didn't face any injury.

This matter should be raised to the management level to safeguard the future windshield changing jobs.
+1. I feel this is our responsibility to report and escalate this especially since it was specifically instructed to check it. Ignoring this doesn't help Hyundai or the customer.
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks