Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2023, 00:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Storme goes for simple part replacement to Malik Cars Bowenpally; returns with 5 more issue

Not all Tata SCs are bad. In Goa there was one SC that was one of the worst I've ever seen. In fact, Goans would go to nearby Belgaum to get their cars repaired or serviced> Thankfully, that SC is now closed for passenger vehicles and there are two new dealers with decent enough people. TATA closed the old one too late and have lost a lot of business due to the attitude of the SC
boohooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 03:12   #32
BHPian

While the cat is away, the mice will play

Reading this makes me just sad. It looks like this ASC is worse than the even the roadside mechanic on a highway who has no value of customer satisfaction since his highway customers are just out-of-town-people, just driving through and will never come back.
  • Blatant lies.
  • False promises.
  • No willingness or seriousness towards their job (why they exist in the first place).
  • No value for customer equipment, no care in the world.
  • No regret or remorse for breaking things they were never even supposed to touch, just sign this form please that TATA made me do it, and nobody will really check it thoroughly anyway, if this accompanying form exists alongside the job card.
  • No hint of ethical conduct on part of mechanics or SAs or GMs. It's like, the moment you give in to their sweet talk or pleas and lower your guard, trust someone's words there, you will get backstabbed and pay the price.

TATA, as a company and a brand, as a dealership network, needs to understand that it is not serving the Indica drivers anymore, who cared 2 hoots about how the car looks. They were fine with crudely stapling a torn bumper. A crack in the stereo trim or a few broken clips on doorpad be damned! Whereas a private car customer would be bothered about even a 1 inch scratch on the bumper or bonnet or fenders, broken bumper and doorpad clips, out of alignment panels and what not.

Just today I saw a Hexa and was having nostalgic memories of driving such a fine car Pune to Goa and back, was contemplating buying Hexa from used market. Felt disappointed that I cannot find a Hexa in the cab market for an upcoming trip to Shirdi (4 passengers only), I immediately craved a rental Hexa with driver so bad. However, this thread is a shocking reminder of what will follow if I try to get a TATA again. We had a Indigo in the family from 2003 till 2011, and it was pretty much the same story from here. In those days, TATA service was not comparable even to the service standards of the mass two wheeler segment (ie HH Splendor). You were basically on your own with TATA ASCs in those days. Fleecing the customer, left right and center, zero ethics, zero remorse.

Things have not changed much, have they? Even my VW ASC experience at present is miles ahead of what went down this episode. Toyota ASC experience is a distant dream for TATA to catch up to, and Maruti ASC is more like the next galaxy.

Such threads shove away thousands of potential customers who might have built up the courage in the last couple of years to try TATA as their next car based on the competency of the products. While TATA's product team spends thousands of crores to build great products, and the PR machinery spends hundreds of crores on brand building and customer acquisition, the TATA factory QA and the ASC at the dealer premises seems to be hell bent on leaking customers. What a waste, all this turning out to be a zero sum game eventually for BRAND TATA

If TATA as a company is not able to reign in its ASCs, then customers would soon start voting with their wallets again. Remember 2010 to 2017? When TATA was nearly wiped off the passenger car segment?

I can't comprehend why TATA as a brand, as a company, is letting dealers run the show this way, when TATA are #3 in the country now as per volumes. Do dealers have such a clout with someone in the parent company that everything is ignored? Are the dealers sending huge kickbacks (cash under the table) to TATA higher ups who call the shots but have no interest in the company's success, only interested in building side-corpus under the radar?

I have personally seen that corruption is even more rampant in private enterprises compared to government companies, just that in private companies, it is a very close knit circle with noone to check them, and they purposefully build processes and policies that enable them to bleed cash under the table from the companies they are working for.

Time and again, we have seen in the forum that for TATA, people are crazy and even feel aspirational owning the brand if they fix certain issues. However, I feel that building the initial success was quick for TATA, but from here onwards, it's going to be a much, much more uphill climb for TATA if the TATA experience stays the same which is the Indica experience TASCs are so familiar and willing to provide.

The battle is hard, steep for TATA. Others have done it before and very recently KIA, so not impossible. What TATA needs to do is, go out there, talk to people and understand what they want and start from that. Talk to millennials and GenZ. Talk to young folks. Talk to your future customers. Start from that, start from the top, on what people want from Brand TATA. TATA MUST NOT start from the bottom, the existing, and just build upon the TATA experience from 2000s. You can hide a lot of things under the skin of the product, cost cutting wise, specification wise. But you cannot, in any way, hide the experience that the customer goes through while purchasing the product and while experiencing (and therby servicing) the product. Your customer escalation matrix is a joke today. How can you continue to just re-route the customers to the same dealers against whom the complaint is registered, often for multiple months, with no-one from TATA to oversee, mediate, review, assess, and help the customer? Is this why the dealership ASCs grow bold in their behavior while fleecing the customer? While the cat is away, the mice will play?

Identify and fire those leeches who are heading the various regional service departments, but bleeding TATA dry by not acting where they should and accepting kickbacks. Bring in fresh blood from Hyundai, KIA about how things at dealership should be run. TATA ASC owners and managers are going to get a shock when they work with someone from Maruti/Hundai/KIA.

I can vouch that things at a Hyundai and Toyota ASCs, things are much more stringent on what the parent company demands as "bare minimum". For TATA, it's more like "Make hay while the sun shines" for dealers. That making hay has to end and it has to be a pleasant, non-fleecing, non-tiring experience for customers if brand TATA wants to take a bigger chunk of the growing Indian automotive pie.

Last edited by nec2152 : 11th March 2023 at 03:34.
nec2152 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 10:00   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Storme goes for simple part replacement to Malik Cars Bowenpally; returns with 5 more issue

Thanks for sharing! Absolutely horrendous experience. But I must commend your patience and willingness to give them multiple chances.

Just a few days back, a friend was discussing upgrade options with me, and I had warned him about Tata. He was still keen on a Harrier. Sent him this link now. Hopefully it will do the trick, and save him some heartburn later on.
Dry Ice is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 17:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
I have decided never to send any of our cars to TATA for maintaining them or repairing them.
I have not had a single good experience with any of the Tata workshops.
The moment I read the thread title on the main TBhp page, I instantly thought - this must be Tata, Lo and Behold, how true was my hunch.
What you have gone through, I have myself faced as a Tata Car Owner. I used to dread when I would have to send my car for even regular servicing - it sure would come back with dents and scratches. Simplest of fixes needed multiple visits and the shoddy workmanship is just amazing. Just before I sold of my car, my ICE bezel was also broken, but since I was selling over my car to a Toyota UTrust, those guys said they will take care.

Anyways, I have now decided not to touch another TML car with a pole. I love the Tiago EV but dread to think about TASS again. It just brings back old scarring memories. They make good cars no doubt but have a lot to improve in customer service and training. More over, with the sales numbers increasing, they are not able to keep up with services, the queue outside TASS is growing everyday and just try getting a slot for say - Hexa, they will say - 'Saar, come after 7 days'.
swarnava.ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 15:14   #35
BHPian

I can't express how angry I feel when I come across a thread like this. I am very sorry for the ordeal that you had to face, viXit. Makes me feel like screaming at that incompetent staff. Years of criticism, bashing and requests later, Tata doesn't care about its weakness and is doing nothing to change it either - incompetent ASS. And it's not like Tata doesn't know about it - they sure are following such threads on Team BHP. The feeling of helplessness is one very bad feeling, and there's not much one can do than to hope that no one else goes through such a situation, but hey, we all know that it's inevitable since we're talking about Tata, isn't it? I hate how the villian is winning in this game, and how the hero is defeated almost always. As said many times by many BHPians earlier, Tata products are great, but they are in the wrong hands.

Finally, repeating viXit's words:

Shame on you, Tata.

Not for the products you make,
But for the hearts you break.
CentreOfGravity is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 15:21   #36
BHPian

It’s sad to read through your ordeal. Safari is one of the most loved product among Tata automobiles, but it is let down by after sales service.
I will narrate an incident with regard to the notoriety of TASS. One of my friend who was earlier working with a famous TASS, near Lalbagh told me once that, his manager had acquired a Fiat Punto demo vehicle recently. A week after his acquisition, he left his car at the service centre saying it needs battery replacement. So what did the service guys do? Lifted a good battery from another Punto which had come for general service and replaced it in the manager’s car. When my friend narrated this incident, I was spellbound by the audacity of the people involved and I decided never to buy Tata cars. Apart from the above incident, I have heard numerous instances of petrol, diesel theft, exchange of parts with customers car if the service people or management own any Tata cars, etc. Tata is good for salt and steel only, automobiles is not their cup of tea.
Furthermore, I would suggest members owning Tata cars to buy few shares of Tata, so that you get invited to AGM meet every year, that is where your voice can hurt them, and that my friends is “real escalation” for both the higher management and the TASS involved.
Legal_Eagle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:56   #37
BHPian

I believe buying Tata car won't be a suitable option, atleast for me after reading all such sad experience. Thanks a ton for sharing.
NitNac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 20:30   #38

Man!! Really sorry about what you had to go through.

As an ex-owner of a Tata Manza for six years, I can relate to the sentiments expressed by you regarding the brand's after-sales service. Tata Motors has gained a reputation for returning cars with more issues than they had when they entered the authorised service centers. To be honest, I am not surprised by this perception.

Following my experience with the Manza (I don't even want to start to explain the horror I had to go through with Manza), my family purchased several other cars from different brands, including the i20, i20 Active, Creta 2020, and the latest Skoda Rapid, which reflects the level of frustration I faced with my Tata ownership.

Although Tata cars really good initially, once they starts to age, every minor issue gets blown into a major one simply because of incompetence of the ASC. To be honest, I have never recommended TATA cars to anyone no matter how good they look or drive simply because of the service experience.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th March 2023 at 20:46. Reason: Paragraphing
askakhr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 22:05   #39
BHPian

There is nothing you (we) can do about this attitude of Tata.
As I always say that "right product in the wrong hands". Unfortunately they are wrong for more than 20 years now. And the last 5 years Tata went from bad to worse.

The good thing is that @viXit you are not alone. Tata Motors PVBU (passenger vehicle business unit) is the worst company of the entire Tata group - not because of its products, but because of its people and process.

The most significant thing I noticed with Tata is that the bottom-up people in the customer service are those with long (legacy) experience in Tata. It is like they are stuck in Tata forever. Their attitude (the entire team) is like those working in a government people facing role (EB, Telecom, Bank, Road, etc). They respond/reply to us (if at all we are able to reach to them) as if they are doing us a favour to us.

It looks like all of Tata Motors departments except for part of the engineering and sales wants to pull down the entire brand at any cost. I have seen sellers go the extra mile to retain/sustain/grow business. Unfortunately it the opposite with Tata Motors where they go the extra mile to give a bad experience.

Mindset changes only if experiences change. Experiences change only if people change. And people change only if mindset changes.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 13:43   #40
BHPian

This is why Koreans and Japanese are thriving here. The overall ownership experience takes a big hit with our Indian boys. Despite having fun to drive, safe vehicles, the reliability takes a big hit because of these factors. I am very clear not to buy any Tata or Mahindra vehicles at least for the next five years. The best investment in Tata and Mahindra according to me are their stocks.
shabeermohamed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 22:01   #41
BHPian

Just read the post by Altrozed (Unofficial gag order by Tata service centers on the Nano in Hyderabad | Refusal to service)about his nano and felt like updating here.

Update:

TL;DR,
Tata and Malik remain thick skinned and unapologetic.

The teamBHP article about this thread made its way to many a Google feeds and social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram with pictures of my car and a link to this thread. I had friends and family recognise my car from various sites send the article over and ask "Is that our safari??!!"

It came down from Tata Motors to the heads at Malik cars dealer. I was contacted by CEO, GM , SM, SA of Malik cars, and some customer care executives at Tata Motors regarding the "Concern raised by me on social. media".

I will be forever grateful to TeamBHP and the team behind this amazing forum, take a bow, guys!

They immediately stepped into damage control mode and offered to replace all the seat covers in the car free of cost as a way of expressing their regret. I politely refused because I did not want any substandard work in my car. I was 100% sure that this work would be no different that anything done before.

I was going to accept only an OEM replacement. But they mentioned that seat cover, although an oem part, is not available separately. They offered to get proper seat covers made to replace the ones damaged by them. I agreed on one condition that I would check it in person and only then put it.

That as usual didn't happen, it was delayed for months and some substandard slip on covers were brought home to put on the car when I repeatedly asked about the covers again. They not only blatantly lied about the "Factory Fit" but also promised "Nappa Leather" which was another joke in itself.

All that notwithstanding. No other complaint was addressed. The frame they broke around the music system remains like that,

They messed with my amplifier and tampered with it's mounting despite me telling them explicitly not to touch any of it..

My speakers stopped working repeatedly. They tore open all my wiring and spliced stuff together. They tried to Bypass crossovers and wire the speakers directly. IT can cause serious damage to my component speakers . Thank god I caught the idiots' incompetence in time

I fixed all these problems on my own time and cost. Along with a lot of repair work. I am yet to fix the rattles in the doors because I have to purchase all the clips now that they broke. It is going to be quite an expensive affair.

I have given up on trying to get any support from Tata in this matter and despite the help of this great forum in getting the posts on FB and Insta.(Forever grateful for the coverage) They seem not to budge. My car remains in the same sad state thanks to their malicious practices.

And the best part!
They closed my complaint again without my discretion. Shame on you tata for encouraging such practices.

Dear Tata, Don't try to contact me. You have lost a customer of 2 decades. The Tiago and Safari we have right now will be the last.

They have requested me to remove my posts, But I'm not even sure it can be done, This thread shall remain up here for eternity. And I shall ensure it.

-----------
Everything I mentioned in the post has been documented with pictures in my previous posts on this thread.

Last edited by viXit : 7th June 2023 at 22:03.
viXit is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 10:30   #42
BHPian

Such a sad state of affair in a big city like Hyderabad. Interestingly, Malik Motors has a good rating on Google maps. No wonder how they manage to do it!

I sincerely wish that every dealer must undergo a strict series of tests by their respective manufacturers to keep the service levels in check. Or else, they will hit their toes with their axe!

Hope VAG SVCs learn something after reading this thread.

Last edited by 2TR-FE : 9th June 2023 at 10:31. Reason: Typo
2TR-FE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 12:59   #43
BANNED

Quote:
I have given up on trying to get any support from Tata in this matter and despite the help of this great forum in getting the posts on FB and Insta.(Forever grateful for the coverage) They seem not to budge. My car remains in the same sad state thanks to their malicious practices.
I could sense a great pain in these words. Precisely for this reason, i have always made an arms length with Tata vehicle. Whatever is their sales number, i would never buy their vehicles, Reason- I keep on coming across Quality/Dealerships/ and other ownership trouble related issues for Tata Vehicles.

As a working professional, the peace of mind is the biggest thing for me rather than showing off a pedigree which will get you stranded anywhere in the world.

I wish you all the best for restoring your vehicle. Rightly so along with DIY, take help from FNG guys rather than going back to dealership which has proven futile exercise till now.
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 13:39   #44
BHPian

Tata cars are not suitable for long term use. We hardly see any 7-10+ year old cars from TML on the roads. It is a shame that a company that got so many passionate customers didn’t value them one bit.

Hope the market understands the long term implications of owning a Tata car and rewards them with what they deserve.
Nissan1180 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 17:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Just read the post by Altrozed (Unofficial gag order by Tata service centers on the Nano in Hyderabad | Refusal to service)about his nano and felt like updating here.

Update:

TL;DR,
Tata and Malik remain thick skinned and unapologetic.
+1
I purchased 2 cars from their Banjara Hills outlet a very long time back.
Servicing was at their Tolichowki service center.

1st was an Indigo VX or something (2004 Model)
2nd was a Indigo XL DICOR (2007 Model)

Maintenance was an absolute disaster.
The XL's turbo would never run.
It was always like driving an ambassador!

Looks like nothing has changed, even after a decade!

Escalations & repeated complaints never gave any results.

End result -> I was forced to sell off the Indigo XL, and this time after some research, bot a Toyota. Never looked back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TR-FE View Post
Such a sad state of affair in a big city like Hyderabad. Interestingly, Malik Motors has a good rating on Google maps. No wonder how they manage to do it!.
Online Ratings are for sale
Lots of bots and auto form fillers who'll boost your ratings.

Just need the right marketing firm's contacts!

Last edited by som9729 : 9th June 2023 at 17:06.
som9729 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks