Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2022, 10:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Degrading quality of Toyota Customer Support & Nandi Toyota, Kudlu Gate dealership

I have not had a good experience with Nandi Toyota, Kudlu either. Every time I have given my Corolla Altis for service, they have tried to inflate the charges and add in unwanted items.

Once, before a long trip, I had ordered a fog lamp from Nandi Toyota, and booked an appointment for installing the fog lamp as per the expected delivery date. In Bangalore, usually the part ordered comes the next day thanks to the close proximity to the Toyota plant. The SA literally threw a fit, that the task was too menial for him and he was expecting a full service for the car even though I had clearly mentioned that it was only fog lamp fitting that was needed when I made the appointment. Also, the part which was ordered and assured for delivery on the day I visited, was not available, and it would take another day for installation.
The SA kept on pestering me to cancel the appointment, and then finally I had to get a unnecessary interior cleaning done and a full inspection to convince the SA to make it worth his time to replace the fog lamp.

Another time it was with the body shop work, where I had to change the headlamp due to a crack in the headlight mount clamp and bumper had to be replaced due to a misalignment. The headlamp was working, and the bumper was fine too, other than a few scratches and slight misalignment due to some inner mounts breaking due to a hit from the lower side. There was another issue with the ambient temperature sensor which needed replacement, and I had showed the SA the sensor giving trouble, and asked him to check it and order a new one if needed( I had even given him the exact part number of the sensor). The insurance and things were handled well by the workshop, however, the payment from the provider was getting delayed, so even after the work they had kept the car for another two days. While the delay was happening for the payment, I checked with them again if the temperature sensor has been fixed. He had forgotten about the issue, but then told me that he checked and would need to order the sensor and that he will place the order for the part which should arrive in a day. Finally the car was delivered 3 days after the promised day. I would not blame them for the delay as it was due to a payment delay from the insurer.
On the day of delivery, I was expecting the car to be in ship shape, however, the car was in a worse condition than when I gave it to them.
First thing I noticed was that the left front wheel looked closer to the bumper on the passenger side than the driver side. I tired turning the wheel to the extreme sides, and noticed that it was hitting the inner wheel well, when I was turning. I could notice this within 2 minutes of seeing my car, which was sitting idle with them for 3 days.
I asked them to correct it and they had missed fitting a clamp in the inner wheel well which they may have removed while replacing the bumper. It was a quick 10 minute job, of just fitting a clamp, but the lack of QC after the work was irritating.
While all this happened, and the billing formalities were taking time, it was already getting dark. I had reached around 5 PM, and it was close to 6:45PM when I decided to leave.
After billing, I started to leave, and the replaced headlamp would not work. I did not notice this earlier in the daylight, but at night I saw it as I could see the reflection of the light on the glass ahead of me. I had earlier only checked the clamp which had broken and had not turned on the headlight and come out to check.
I called the SA back and showed him. He panicked and went to call the mechanics. Meanwhile, I opened the hood and noticed that the connector to the headlamp is not connected. While the SA was frantically searching for a mechanic, as many were unavailable near end of day, I just plugged the connecter back to the headlight and it worked. However, I could see an error in the instrument cluster asking to check headlights.
I updated him about the latest, while he still could not find a mechanic. He tried to ask me to leave saying that the error does not matter, but I did not want to drive with my instrument cluster displaying an error, so told him to clear the error code, and call his supervisor. He claimed that his supervisor has left for the day and by that time they managed to find a mechanic. The car was again taken back, and returned after clearing the error. It is then that I noticed that the ambient temperature sensor has still not been fixed. The SA claimed that the part is still not available and would take another two weeks to arrive. I calmly asked him to cancel the order in that case, as I would not be going to the workshop again. Unfortunately, I did all this without raising my voice, which made him take it lightly.
After around a month of this ordeal, I get a call from the SA again, informing me that the part has arrived. I told him that I do not need the part, as I will get it done with the next service, and it was not an urgent issue. He then kept on calling me that it is a slow moving part and I need to buy it and pestering me about it. I finally went to the parts department and directly picked up the part, but that was my last visit to Nandi Toyota, Kudlu.

Checking if a headlight turns on after replacing a headlight is a basic check any workshop would do which was missed here. Even if there isn't any issue reported most workshops do a basic lights, horns and indicators check before handing over a vehicle. The issue with the wheel well was also a minor one but just showed the negligence and lack of process to check the completed work. It was the responsibility of the SA to check the work before the vehicle is ready for delivery.

In comparison, my experience with Nippon Toyota in Trivandrum, where I service my car when I visit my home town had been much better and very smooth. There was never any extra item added that was not asked for, parts availability was informed in advance and parts ordered before I reached for service and mostly same day or next day delivery post service and smooth pickup and drop. Since this incident, I have stopped servicing at Nandi Kudlu gate. Once for a small issue I had visited Nandi Toyota at Bommanahalli, and found their service better, but have been planning most services when I visit Kerala.
the.dogfather is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 13:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Degrading quality of Toyota Customer Support & Nandi Toyota, Kudlu Gate dealership

I'm not a big fan of the relationship with sa approach. In toyota for some reason the calls always come from the same number and even the sa never ventured their number.

In Tata the attrition was so bad that sa's would hardly last a year or, so no point in trying to build a relationship. I have around 15-20 service advisors names saved over the 3 year service period. I've met a lot of them in later years in other places and they all said that it was a very toxic environment and they all tried to get out as soon as they can. Bhpian muneemmk who was selling fiat at a Tata dealership at that time has posted a detailed thread which is more or less in line with what the others said https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ealership.html ("THE" Job Experience at a Tata/Fiat Dealership)
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 17:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Off Topic
Nandi Toyota (kudlu gate or Whitefield, Bengaluru) is becoming very arrogant with sales too.
They simply dismissed my query about Bronze coloured or Brown coloured Fortuner 4*2 AT and claimed Toyota is only producing white coloured options.
On contrary, Ravindu Toyota accepted the booking with no constraints on Color.
Cool! Did you get a TD of the same or did you drive the Crysta 2.7 to get a 'feel'?
Any insights on why you are picking up a Fortuner Petrol AT?

Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 22:04   #34
BHPian

My first experience with Toyota is also average. The SA tried to sell engine decarbonisation for a car which has run 17.5k kms. Then there was a separate line for lubrication which I let it go after some discussion though I couldn't make any sense. Then there was a small air freshener added which I refused to pay. Finally, I had forgotten to mention not to apply polish to the dashboard. Once I noticed, I asked them to wipe it away. They took the car away. After a wait of more than half an hour, I was called to take delivery only to find the car in the same state. And finally when the guy did wipe the dashboard, he left smudges on the windshield. Grrr...

Overall, the car is running fine. No problem with that. It was running fine anyway.
theabstractmind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 11:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

I bought the Hyryder expecting a no-nonsense experience from Toyota service, as against gimmicks from Maruti service centers. And then this thread comes up.

Any feedback on Viva Toyota service center on Mysore Road?
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 12:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Context

I have been a customer of Toyota in India from 2011 till date ( 2022 ).
  1. Adding non-Toyota items to service quote without the customer asking for it. If you counter them, they will try to pitch it first and if they understand that the customer won't take bullshit, they give up. It's a scam. They will try this with 100 customers, 10 might react and 90 might not even know what is happening just trusting the dealership blindly.
  2. Missing out on replacements recommended by Toyota during regular service!

I have also been a Toyota customer for the same time period and agree with your observations. I have tried Nandi Toyota branches at Kudlu Gate, Whitefield and Banaswadi for servicing. Each time, they add random items to the initial quote (logo cleaning/polishing is my favorite) which gets removed on telling them that I am not paying for anything other than routine maintenance. I still go there because it is not difficult to get the items removed, and I can see the vehicle getting serviced from the customer lounge. Not the best experience overall, but still love my car for the excellent reliability and cheap service costs.

What concerns me the most is how they do not follow guidelines for a simple thing like starting a car. They do not even wait for the warning lights to go off before starting the car. They also avoid tire rotation unless I insist on doing it.
KL01toKA03 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2022, 15:20   #37
BHPian

Going through these expressive write-up made me realize how similar incidents have happened in my case also.

Intro: I have purchased a 2017 Toyota Etios G Petrol variant from Cars24. The car belonged to some well to do businessman. In order to contact him over phone no. I could trace a number from the service history .(As Cars24 would not provide these details, claiming some privacy terms and conditions), which belonged to his driver and thus I got to now that this car was completely run by the Driver.

Observation 1. Look at the last Service done by previous owner at 23k Km.

Reference: ServiceInvoice-TXA2127386.pdf

A. The servicing MGF Toyota Gurgaon did was for 40K Km!!
B. Notice the Interior cleaning/random stuffs they described and charged.

Observation 2. Recently my odometer crossed 30k and I went for a service at Globe Toyota, Karnal.

Reference: ServiceInvoice-TXD2205975.pdf

A. The Invoice doesn't explicitly mentions what all they have performed in the service. Only the header is 30K km inspection. Same was the case for previous service. It only mentions 40K Km inspection.
B. Engine Oil is named as Diesel

I wonder how will I able to decipher what all activities they performed VS what the manual claims.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ServiceInvoice-TXA2127386.pdf (121.0 KB, 268 views)
File Type: pdf ServiceInvoice-TXD2205975.pdf (115.0 KB, 193 views)
iampulo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 14:46   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampulo View Post
Observation 1. Look at the last Service done by previous owner at 23k Km.

Reference: ServiceInvoice-TXA2127386.pdf
The previous owner's details seem to be shown in full on Page 3 of the invoice. You have blanked it out on the other pages though.
Old 26th May 2023, 12:11   #39
BHPian

Hi, this is absolutely true.

Recently, I asked the estimate for a regular oil service for my corolla and got an inflated bill from Toyota.

Degrading quality of Toyota Customer Support & Nandi Toyota, Kudlu Gate dealership-screenshot-20230526-12.08.16-pm.png
cefiljoseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 14:22   #40
BHPian

Hello, does anyone have an escalation email address for a higher-up at TKM?

We've had a continuous issue with the MID screen on our Urban Cruiser freezing ever since the car was delivered last September. After, having repeatedly told multiple SAs (across two SCs) about the issue and showing them videos of the actual fault, nothing has been done.

We finally contacted Toyota Customer Care via email, and they got back to us and said that someone from the dealer (Wasan Motors) would contact us within 24 to 48 hours. This happened last Saturday and given that it was the weekend I wasn't expecting a call within this timeframe. However, as of today, we still haven't had any contact from the dealer and no follow-up from Toyota as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks