Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2022, 09:19   #1
BHPian

Dealer took booking without giving delivery date, is it normal?

Hi
I planned on buying my first car this year. Earlier I booked XUV 700 but later cancelled it due to upcoming relocation. TO keep the footprint "small", I opted for Toyota Glanza. I booked it on 11th July and the SA "promised" to get it delivered within a fortnight because as per him there was a new lot coming in on 18th, and he would ensure my car is in that. Cut to 18th and he begins dodging my calls. I call another SA, whose in different city, and he tells me that my vehicle won't deliver anytime soon, probably next month and as to when, even he cannot say this.
So I contact Toyota CC, raise a ticket, they do listen to my issue but insist on me filing it as request not complain. Meanwhile, local ASM calls me to inquire about the issue and "promises" an early delivery, but still fails to give me any date for it.
In previous case, Mahindra gave a tentative delivery window and vehicle was ready for delivery even before that. Here it's Toyota, supposedly much bigger entity than M&M, yet their practices are even $h!ttier.
This weekend, I have been contemplating cancelling this booking too, but I'm stuck because I do want this vehicle and secondly, all the Toyota outlets in my 80KM radius belongs to the same "Globe" group.
Please tell me how should I navigate this mess.
KadiNiSikhiya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:56   #2
BANNED

Re: Dealer took booking without giving delivery date, is it normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadiNiSikhiya View Post
Hi
In previous case, Mahindra gave a tentative delivery window and vehicle was ready for delivery even before that. Here it's Toyota, supposedly much bigger entity than M&M, yet their practices are even $h!ttier.
This weekend, I have been contemplating cancelling this booking too, but I'm stuck because I do want this vehicle and secondly, all the Toyota outlets in my 80KM radius belongs to the same "Globe" group.
Please tell me how should I navigate this mess.
Did you get a booking docket or confirmation in your email? If yes, it is supposed to have a tentative delivery date, if not forward the mail to Toyota or their dealership and ask for the delivery date. They should reply with an answer as it is a written request.

Moreover, The Glanza's waiting periods have been on the rise with up to 4 months waiting period in some states. This may be the issue due to which your delivery is delayed.

If you are unwilling to wait any longer, I suggest you cancel your booking and go for the equivalent Baleno model, Maruti has many dealers, so you could get your car quicker if one or the other has them in stock.

Note: Cancel your booking only if you Toyota or the dealership don't give you a satisfactory reply and after finding a dealer willing to offer a Baleno at short notice.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2022 at 17:32. Reason: Capital letters
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:58   #3
BHPian

Considering they promised delivery in a fortnight, I would wait for 10 days and if there is no information or they are dodging then cancel booking and book Baleno which is basically the same car.
Old 25th July 2022, 11:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Did you get a booking docket or confirmation in your email? If yes, it is supposed to have a tentative delivery date, if not forward the mail to Toyota or their dealership and ask for the delivery date. They should reply with an answer as it is a written request.
Till date, I haven't received any mail or sms from Toyota confirming my booking. The only mail I got was an auto-generated reply from Toyota CC that I got after posting my query with them.

It's all been a "verbal" process till now, except the OTF.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2022 at 17:41. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 25th July 2022, 11:21   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Till date, I haven't received any mail or sms from Toyota confirming my booking. The only mail I got was an auto-generated reply from Toyota CC that I got after posting my query with them.
It's all been a "verbal" process till now, except the OTF.
That is where the issue lies, since you don't have anything to show for your expected delivery date in your booking, there is absolutely no obligation on them to deliver your vehicle with the oral agreement, but I should say it's bad customer service on their part where they don't deliver on their promises or at least provide an update on when you will receive your vehicle.

Write to them as i iterated earlier or you would be better off with a Baleno than a Glanza.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 18:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Write to them as i iterated earlier or you would be better off with a Baleno than a Glanza.
Called the SA today, he said that he will tell delivery date on 4th of August, no word about vehicle delivery. This would be almost a month after taking the booking. He even had the audacity to ask me to not call anyone else in Toyota and should direct all my queries to him only.
Till now, my experience with Toyota has been nothing but of pain and mental anguish. The only reason that I have stuck around so long is because of the praises of Toyota sung here unanimously, be it vehicle quality or their customer service quality. To me, both seem like a lore of the old.
Can anyone share mail details of folks in Toyota who can sort this issue because mailing to voc@toyota address has yielded no result till now.

Last edited by KadiNiSikhiya : 26th July 2022 at 18:04.
KadiNiSikhiya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 04:35   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Called the SA today, he said that he will tell delivery date on 4th of August, no word about vehicle delivery. This would be almost a month after taking the booking. He even had the audacity to ask me to not call anyone else in Toyota and should direct all my queries to him only.
I think you should get yourself a Maruti Suzuki Baleno booked at the earliest and either cancel your Toyota Glanza booking or call the SA and tell them that you want an assurance of a delivery date, or you are cancelling the booking.

I guess the only ways you can contact Toyota are through the channels mentioned here: https://www.toyotabharat.com/contact-us/
Old 27th July 2022, 06:46   #8
BHPian

You could try informing the sales contact that you are flexible about the colour and variants, asking him to check if something can be offered. Based on the response, you could get a view on the supply situation and take an informed decision to to pursue or drop the booking.
Old 27th July 2022, 08:27   #9
BHPian

One of the major problem here is that Toyota dealerships in almost entire Haryana are operated by this Globe group(Ambala, Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Karnal, Yamuna Nagar, Panipat) and the non-Globe one in Rohtak and Panchkula and Chandigarh haven't been able to help either as "booking" is not theirs. But they did inform me that Glanza is having 2 months waiting period with them.
Seeing so many Innovas and Fortuners running around on the roads, I often thought that Toyota must be doing something right, but now with this experience, I doubt I shall ever buy a Toyota, even pre-owned. And, all of this also proves a point, why every person's first car should be a Maruti.
Going to wait till 31st July as I'm busy till then. On 1st of next month, will go for Baleno if nothing pans out with Toyota. A quick question about Baleno, is there anyway to "fix" it's Blue interior colour scheme that's ubiquitous across variants and colours ?
Old 27th July 2022, 09:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Did you insist on a booking confirmation docket now? Or is this all still verbal? I am assuming that you atleast got a receipt from the dealer on your down payment/advance/booking amount that you paid?
Old 27th July 2022, 10:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Did you insist on a booking confirmation docket now? Or is this all still verbal? I am assuming that you atleast got a receipt from the dealer on your down payment/advance/booking amount that you paid?
Booking Confirmation Docket ??? I do have the Booking form and amount paid receipt. Attaching that here, redacted version. I have contacted Toyota CC twice through Whatsapp, e mail and direct phone call and not even once through any of these channels, have they bothered to follow up on my complaint. While for phone call I have no proof but do have Whatsapp chat messages and mails sent and the auto-generated reply received.
Attached Thumbnails
Dealer took booking without giving delivery date, is it normal?-otf_redacted.jpg  

Old 27th July 2022, 11:04   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Booking Confirmation Docket ??? I do have the Booking form and amount paid receipt. Attaching that here, redacted version. I have contacted Toyota CC twice through Whatsapp, e mail and direct phone call and not even once through any of these channels, have they bothered to follow up on my complaint. While for phone call I have no proof but do have Whatsapp chat messages and mails sent and the auto-generated reply received.
Usually, they would also send a booking confirmation docket to your email besides written/printed receipt of booking advance. I don't know why but once they place the order with the company, you should get one.
Old 27th July 2022, 13:10   #13
BHPian

From as much as I know, there has been a case of Suzuki dropping the allocations of the cars this month. Since Toyota is dependent on Suzuki for making the Glanza, there is not much that Toyota can do.

The sales executives are paid for delivering cars and honestly, there is no reason why they would not commit you to the date of delivery especially when there is a risk of you cancelling the booking involved. The truth would be that they themselves do not when they would get a car, the weird times we live in, they are afraid to commit to you to a timeline. Unfortunately, in this weird seller's market, this is the new normal.

If the Glanza is the car you want, I suggest you wait a few more days. Allocations are pretty likely to open again from next month which is why the sales executive has asked you to give you a date of delivery on the 4th of August.

I am afraid that even if you go with booking the Baleno, you are pretty much going to the same route as they too would not be getting any cars. Also, with discounts and the additional warranty available on the Glanza, why would you want to go towards a Baleno anyway?
Old 27th July 2022, 18:32   #14
BHPian

Got call from dealership's ASM today. He said that by 5th of August they'll get the definite word on actual vehicle delivery, so requested me to wait till then. Meanwhile, after discussions at home, I have decided to book i20 Magna Petrol at the next available opportunity. Barring its questionable claimed fuel efficiency figures, everyone is leaning towards cabin comfort. Whoever delivers it before August end, I'll take that.
KadiNiSikhiya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 09:44   #15
BHPian

Went to Hyundai showroom on Thursday. They had i20 Magna Petrol available in stock and offered same-day delivery. I got the quote and booked it. On Friday morning I did the PDI of the vehicle and by evening it was delivered to my home. Yesterday took it for a drive, had nothing major to complain about except its suspension. Thrice it happened, one time in driver side front wheel and twice in passenger side front wheel. Don't exactly know whether it was due to higher speed or deeper pothole, but suspension in said areas made such sound as if the dampeners and coil springs have bottomed out and are now about to tear through their mounts and sheet metal. Other than this, it handled the bad roads and all the potholes very well, but that loud thud scared the cabin occupants, me including.
KadiNiSikhiya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks